PDA

View Full Version : Xbox One X - graphics improvements?

RobPhoboS
27-09-2017, 23:04
Just out of curiosity, will the game I bought run on the new console, and does anyone know if it'll take advantage of the gpu - thus running at higher settings compared to the Xbox One?

Rockefelluh
27-09-2017, 23:12
Just out of curiosity, will the game I bought run on the new console, and does anyone know if it'll take advantage of the gpu - thus running at higher settings compared to the Xbox One?

It will work on the one x. Just like every game on the one. Ian Bell already commented somewhere that the framerate should be very good hitting 59 or 60 in all conditions. Don't know about graphical settings.

T Ghost
28-09-2017, 00:38
According to Digital Foundry:

Xbox One runs below 900p with 40-50FPS.

PS4 Runs 900p to 1080p at solid 55-60FPS.

PS4 Pro runs at solid 1440p and solid 60FPS.

Now, Xbox One X is clearly more powerful than PS4 Pro. If Xbox One X doesn't run AT LEAST at 1440p 60 FPS solid it would be more than pathetic from SMS/WMD.That said, Given SMS track record, I will be surprised if Xbox One X version even matches the less powerful PS4 Pro. Maybe in two years after 234 patches...

LukeC1991
28-09-2017, 00:52
I’ll definitely need to save up for Xbox One X when its out. I’m having really bad frame rate problems on original Xbox One :( I’m not too bothered if the graphics look better on the X. I’m just fed up of getting headaches from all the frame rate drops.

T Ghost
28-09-2017, 00:56
XB1 version is below garbage. Absolutely last time I ever buy ANYTHING from SMS for Xbox. 100% regret of spending $60 on this copy for Xbox one.

nissan4ever
28-09-2017, 02:49
XB1 version is below garbage. Absolutely last time I ever buy ANYTHING from SMS for Xbox. 100% regret of spending $60 on this copy for Xbox one.

Blame it on the weak Xbox One GPU & CPU. That's why the regular PS4 always out preforms it. Xbox One X will remedy this problem & I can't wait. In an unrelated subject. That's why I haven't played Sniper Elite 4 on Xbox One. It preforms the worse on this console. Horrible frame rate. I'll resume playing it when I get Xbox One X. Will have no more screen tearing & rock solid fps.

Eric Everfast
28-09-2017, 05:20
Here you go: https://www.gtplanet.net/project-cars-2-ps4-pro-xbox-one-x/

It's also confirmed by Microsoft that the game will be Xbox One X enhanced. It's up to SMS to optimize the game as they see fit - it's been confirmed that frame rate is a priority over graphics here: https://www.gamespot.com/articles/its-60-fps-or-death-for-project-cars-2/1100-6452554/

The last point is also readily apparent with the Digital Foundry testing results. SMS opted not to push 4k resolution on the PRO to maintain a stable 60fps. We can safely assume the One X version will at least come to match the performance results of the PS4 Pro with slightly better graphics.

I'm good with 1440p at 60fps. Anything else is icing on the cake.

Psychomatrix
28-09-2017, 06:30
Ian bell wrote in other thread that even the xbox one run on 1080p. But in most cased is more under 900p I think.
And are whe really surprised?? Even when I'm thinking they put not best out the xbox one I was aware that the details in distance and shadow and texture not the best.

To me it looks that the the tracks from pcars1 overtaken look much better than the most of the new. Long Beach looks really bad in the distance. Monaco at the other hand looks good. The question is the xbox one x only a update from the xbox one code. Or was it from ground up optimize for the xbox one x??

The rally cross tracks at the other side looking very good imo.

In my view they put not the best out of the situation. Because some tracks looking more optimised than others. If whe honest to ourselves than pcars2 is too much for the old consoles. It's a playable compromise and the future is xbox one x or better a pc.

On pc the game really shows how it should be. But can whe expect more on the xbox one than a low pc user? And even on xbox one x im not sure that it xan reach to quality of good gaming pc. But maybe sms suprice as in a positive way.

By the way it was always the case that old generation consoles from 3rd partys have not the best games at the end of a circle.

breyzipp
28-09-2017, 06:39

I have both the standard XBox One and the PS4 Pro version and the PS4 Pro is a significant improvement, especially the HDR make me not want to play the standard XBox One verion as much. :) But, XBox One standard sure is playable and enjoyable as well.

Seeing how the X1X is more powerful as the PS4 Pro the difference between standard XBox One and X1X will be even greater. And yes if you bought the game for XBox One you will be able to play it on XBox 1 X as well (there will be options to copy/transfer games from one to the other)

also read this article : https://www.gtplanet.net/project-cars-2-ps4-pro-xbox-one-x/

can't wait for November 7th. :)

nissan4ever
28-09-2017, 07:11
All they do is do the enhancements during development for the Xbox One X while they do they regular Xbox One game. They haven't said yet, but I expect the Xbox One X enhancement to be at least 1440p & run extremely stable 60 fps. There's plenty of info on the web in regards to how enhancements will work on Xbox One X with Xbox One games. It's up to the developer how they want to use the extra power on Xbox One X. Some will go for resolution & HDR. Some might go for frame rate. Just depends. If they choose to even do it. Right now, there's over 130 existing & upcoming games that will be enhanced for the X.

David McKenna
28-09-2017, 07:40
I got project cars 1 on ps4 as i knew that it was the best option. This time around i'm playing the waiting game, have PC2 on Xbox One, but know that when i recieve my xbox one x i shall have the best available to me. For now though, the game is being rested until the patch arrives.

nissan4ever
28-09-2017, 09:26
I got project cars 1 on ps4 as i knew that it was the best option. This time around i'm playing the waiting game, have PC2 on Xbox One, but know that when i recieve my xbox one x i shall have the best available to me. For now though, the game is being rested until the patch arrives.

Yeah, I'm waiting on a couple patches & the X.

Ixoye56
28-09-2017, 12:29
I hope SMS will optimate for frame rate in first hand... a question, those games I've bought digitally, can I just download them again from Xbox Live and play them on my new X? can't wait for my "X" :)

Bluebird76
28-09-2017, 12:30
I hope SMS will optimate for frame rate in first hand, can't wait for my "X", a question, those games I've bought digitally, can I just download them again from Xbox Live and play them on my new X?

yes

Trumpet Trouser
28-09-2017, 16:06
I have been experiencing what I can only describe as stuttering graphically which makes it difficult especially on corners it's not all the time just now and again but it's frustrating if your in a race.
I too was wondering if the Xbox one X will solve these issues ,I have an original Xbox one and a 1080p Samsung tv so will not be able to get the advantages of 4K but was wondering if there would be an improvement in stability and visuals with the X.
On another note would the S be an improvement or would that be much the same as my original ?
Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks

Itsdoomsday48
28-09-2017, 18:24
I've learned that if your looking for a racing game with great visuals and graphics on Xbox Project Cars is not the way you want to go. Besides a few instances PC2 looks the same to me as PC1. Tree's still disappear out of frame in the review mirror, shadows load on screen after they should have already appeared, frame rate drops on quick cornering. The most glaring thing to me so far has been when I run Monza classic and enter into the banked turns, the shadow the guardrail on the left gives off literally can't keep up with the game and it looks like there is a black line on the track that keeps appearing in front of you, almost like you're chasing it :rolleyes:

I plan on getting the X and am greatly anticipating on it will improve the visuals of the game

nissan4ever
29-09-2017, 02:14
I have been experiencing what I can only describe as stuttering graphically which makes it difficult especially on corners it's not all the time just now and again but it's frustrating if your in a race.
I too was wondering if the Xbox one X will solve these issues ,I have an original Xbox one and a 1080p Samsung tv so will not be able to get the advantages of 4K but was wondering if there would be an improvement in stability and visuals with the X.
On another note would the S be an improvement or would that be much the same as my original ?
Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks

Anything higher than 1080p on the X will be super down sampled for the 1080p display. Games will just look better playing on the X. Even if you don't have a 4k TV.

The Xbox One S literally only runs like 3 frames per second fastest than launch Xbox One. If you truly want the best gaming, you'll want to get an Xbox One X to finish out this generation.

nissan4ever
29-09-2017, 02:15
I hope SMS will optimate for frame rate in first hand... a question, those games I've bought digitally, can I just download them again from Xbox Live and play them on my new X? can't wait for my "X" :)

Any game you own will automatically download the update for the enhancements on Xbox One X (if they are an enhanced title). You won't need to download the whole game again.

T Ghost
29-09-2017, 03:08
Blame it on the weak Xbox One GPU & CPU. That's why the regular PS4 always out preforms it. Xbox One X will remedy this problem & I can't wait. In an unrelated subject. That's why I haven't played Sniper Elite 4 on Xbox One. It preforms the worse on this console. Horrible frame rate. I'll resume playing it when I get Xbox One X. Will have no more screen tearing & rock solid fps.

No. Xbox one hardware is not the issue. The reason I say PC2 on xbox is garbage has absolutely nothing to do with graphics. TBH the seriously poor and inconsistent graphics are the least of all problems on the xbox version. The publisher consciently released a game that was clearly a far way from a finished product. It is a sorry mess, and we consumers paid $60 to $100 to be beta testers.There are no words to describe how deceptioned I am with SMS for letting this happen after pc1 debacle and angry at BN for their lack of respect for launching the game in this state. Shameful.