PDA

View Full Version : Donington wet tyres

Bliman
27-09-2017, 23:18
I am with the formula rookie on the second race in Donington.
The practice was in the wet and the car felt really good with the wet tyres.
Now it's qualifying and it's dry and I can't get any heat in the slicks and the car suffers (alias me).
Now I heard that it would help to put wets on.
The problem I am having is that I can select wets and I save the setup.
And everytime I come out I still have slicks no matter how many times I save the set up.
Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?
On Xbox One

Bliman
28-09-2017, 14:41
doesn't anyone have the same problem or know the answer?

Siberian Tiger
28-09-2017, 14:43
Formula C and Formula Rookie Tires are indeed bugged... (Heating Issue).

The Team is Aware an on it ;)

Bliman
28-09-2017, 15:12
Yeah I know that.
That's why I chose the wet tyres.
The problem I have is they don't want put wet tyres on no matter what I do (I am in qualifying dry weather).
I choose wet tyres then I save set up and start to drive and they still have slicks on.
I go back to the pitbox and go to setup and again the slicks are selected, I choose wet again save and I again come out with slicks.
Is this part of the bug or a seperate issue?

freeon
28-09-2017, 15:18
Yeah I know that.
That's why I chose the wet tyres.
The problem I have is they don't want put wet tyres on no matter what I do (I am in qualifying dry weather).
I choose wet tyres then I save set up and start to drive and they still have slicks on.
I go back to the pitbox and go to setup and again the slicks are selected, I choose wet again save and I again come out with slicks.
Is this part of the bug or a seperate issue?
I had the same issue in Formula C and the only way I could get the tires to acttualy change is save to a new setup after changing them. If I just tried save over existing setup same ting would happen. The tires didn't actually change.

Bliman
28-09-2017, 15:25
I had the same issue in Formula C and the only way I could get the tires to acttualy change is save to a new setup after changing them. If I just tried save over existing setup same ting would happen. The tires didn't actually change.

Thanks
I will try this the next time.

Minimitch
28-09-2017, 15:30
I had to do quali and the race on the wet tyres and that worked fine for me

major sunscreen
28-09-2017, 17:29
Wet tyres should be cooked in the dry, and yet theyre not. Food for thought...

DV8ing1
28-09-2017, 18:14
Yeah because there is a bug with these cars where the tires don't seem to be heating up properly. Once they get that sorted I'm sure wets will overheat after a couple laps in warm weather. Here's hoping anyways.