PDA

View Full Version : At full throttle on straight car loses acceleration cuts out for very short period

cp317
28-09-2017, 00:35
This is very frustrating trying to get top speed when it blips on straight away with plenty of tach left.
Is this a bug or possible related to traction control. In top gear there shouldn't be an issue with traction control. Sometimes get to 180mph next lap it shows throttle release and only get to 175mph.
Racing is based on consistency hard to be consistent with this occuring. Is this a noted problem or is there a settings fix.

Mon Pavion
28-09-2017, 01:08
I noticed something similar to this when i had braking help turned on while in learned the tracks. This was only in turns though not straights.

Tomghost
28-09-2017, 01:18
A mi me sucede lo mismo y el auto tiende a irse a la izquierda me sucede mas con el lamborghini gt3 y el audi r8 lms

Pedro Almeida
28-09-2017, 19:10
This issue of sudden power cut off is happening also to me. I have tried several setups (on dampers and ecu) but nothing works...:-(

This did not happen on Project Cars 1, but on this one it happens in all the tracks and cars that I have tried so far...!!

Does anyone have a clue on how to fix this?

Thanks

z3r0cool77
28-09-2017, 19:30
Sounds like traction control or stability is turned on. SC uses TC to cut power and maintain traction. Unlike some games pcars2 is NOT kind to assists. You will not compete with non assist times as they greatly slow the car both in braking and extremely dominant traction control even going in a straight line. I tried turning it on driving a super light in career and it cuts power by almost half while going down a straight that I would normally be taking at full throttle. Its sensitivity seems way over sensitive, whether by design or mistake I dont know.

z3r0cool77
28-09-2017, 19:34
If you really feel you have to have TC in the corners you could assign it to a button and disable it on straights. Just an idea.

FTW Leceur
28-09-2017, 21:44
Are you using a wheel or controller? I have the Thrustmaster 458 Ferrari ff wheel and have the same issue and all assists off. Happens to various cars on various tracks.
See a clip I made as example. After the keft corner I am full throttle but the game as it about 75% throttle for a second or 2 and then all of a sudden kicks in
https://1drv.ms/v/s!AuxaPEyz60RXjE3HZ7R-stVpBIOz

P.s. It has to be a bug with the wheel or game as with the same setup in Project cars 1 or any other race game I do not have this issue.

z3r0cool77
28-09-2017, 23:09
Are you using a wheel or controller? I have the Thrustmaster 458 Ferrari ff wheel and have the same issue and all assists off. Happens to various cars on various tracks.
See a clip I made as example. After the keft corner I am full throttle but the game as it about 75% throttle for a second or 2 and then all of a sudden kicks in
https://1drv.ms/v/s!AuxaPEyz60RXjE3HZ7R-stVpBIOz

P.s. It has to be a bug with the wheel or game as with the same setup in Project cars 1 or any other race game I do not have this issue.

You have traction control on as indicated by the rpm dial. Some cars (particularly gt cars) have tc in real life so if you have assists set to authentic they will still have them.