PDA

View Full Version : Ben Collins REALLY likes Senna...

Trippul G
28-09-2017, 00:43
I love the little audio clips of Ben Collins talking about different aspects of racing and what not, but I swear it seems like 9 times out of 10, it's him talking about Senna and how he grew up watching him and how he admired him so much and yadda yadda yadda.

Are these clips tied to game mode somehow? Because I've been doing mostly custom races and TT, and I swear I'm gonna go batty if I have to keep hearing this nearly every time I load up a track.

Eric Rowland
28-09-2017, 01:24
There's a short background clip of a presenter speaking about Jackie Stewart as well. I like it.

AVK
28-09-2017, 01:30
Ever since the first game that guy liked to talk a lot. Maybe he should write a book or smth.

Trippul G
28-09-2017, 01:57
Ever since the first game that guy liked to talk a lot. Maybe he should write a book or smth.

Yes, perhaps he should: :barbershop_quartet_

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/s/ref=is_s?k=Ben+Collins

Aldo Zampatti
28-09-2017, 02:00
Yes, perhaps he should: :barbershop_quartet_

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/s/ref=is_s?k=Ben+Collins

You must... He's a great writer. I would say he writes as good as he drives. Even the internal feedback posts from him during development were a joy to read :)

pedrochapps
28-09-2017, 02:50
im sick of hearing him talk about senna, is there only 2 of these audio files ? i prefer the second one tough so its relief when that plays

RacingAtHome
28-09-2017, 02:56
I haven't actually noticed him. I've been listening to the music.

TopAirspace
28-09-2017, 03:17
Who even thinks to complain about this stuff? Honestly......

Trippul G
28-09-2017, 04:01

That would be me, thank you. *raises hand*

Civic
28-09-2017, 04:16
I used to be a driver like Senna until I took an arrow in the knee.

OzzyNeil
28-09-2017, 05:00
Im sick of hearing it too id prefer it like richard burns rally where you could hear them talking but couldnt work out what they were saying. Spent years trying to decipher it

KuKIE
28-09-2017, 06:11
I only ever hear the beginning of that quote, ive never heard the whole thing because my pc loads the game so damn fast :(

Invincible
28-09-2017, 06:15
I only ever hear the beginning of that quote, ive never heard the whole thing because my pc loads the game so damn fast :(

When is that? When you load a race?! I never heard any quotes from Ben, talking about Senna or whatever :(

Oliver Johann
28-09-2017, 06:24
"... to get out the ULTIMATE performance of a car..."
He sounds like he tries a little bit to hard.

KuKIE
28-09-2017, 06:24
I heard it while loading rallycross events in career mode, which doesn't quite fit.

Trippul G
28-09-2017, 06:29
Like I said, I think they're a cool little touch to add to the atmosphere of the game. I just wish that either or both of the following could happen: add more lines for more variety, or have some sort of algorithm where if a certain clip plays, it's guaranteed not to play again for like the next five times a clip is triggered, or something like that.

icebear
28-09-2017, 08:14

definitivly me !
after hearing the same sentence for 20 or 30 times, it becomes really boring.
Sometimes, it is possible to find the audio file and replace it by a blanck one but i guess it is not that easy with modern games

Scuderia Paul
28-09-2017, 08:18
It's funny you should mention that Senna section. That is doing my head in. So much so that I mute the tv or take my headphones off. I'm just sick and tired of hearing about Senna all the time in motorsport.

It's hardly a problem but if I could disable a sound file on console. I like the others though and they add some nice atmosphere too.

gandy
28-09-2017, 08:19
I like those little chat snipits but i wish there was more from other pro drivers that way we could have a sub game of guess the driver :)

Zenzic
28-09-2017, 08:22
I might be missing something, but why not simply turn down the menu music?

danowat
28-09-2017, 08:24

After hearing for the 100th time, it does get a little bit boring.

Richykins
28-09-2017, 08:30
I only seem to get the Senna one, or nothing. It lost it's coolness after the 20th time, and now it just cheapens what initially seemed like a good idea.

danowat
28-09-2017, 08:39
I only seem to get the Senna one, or nothing. It lost it's coolness after the 20th time, and now it just cheapens what initially seemed like a good idea.

The fact that is starts playing in the menu, then starts playing again when the game is loading compounds it!

Richykins
28-09-2017, 09:07
I wonder if it's tied to a particular variable... Because I spend a lot of time on TT mode, at a particular circuit, and tend to stick to a handful of cars.

If it's supposed to be random, then it ain't working right.

Fanapryde
28-09-2017, 09:11
By now I've had my share of this more than enough... would be nice to here another quote (or another part of it...)

ironik
28-09-2017, 09:14
You guys know that it's a song, right ?
These kind of sample is very common in music.
When you listen to music, with some lyrics, you hear the same again and again right ?
Just turn the music volume to 0 and listen to whatever you want.

Sankyo
28-09-2017, 09:24
After hearing for the 100th time, it does get a little bit boring.

Well there's a distinction between hearing it and paying attention to it. I consider it to be part of the background score, so I'm not doing the latter (anymore).

danowat
28-09-2017, 09:53
Well there's a distinction between hearing it and paying attention to it. I consider it to be part of the background score, so I'm not doing the latter (anymore).

It's the SMS ethos, put up and shut up!!

Exoil
28-09-2017, 11:32
I turned the menu music off because of that line. My first thought was that it was a really cool idea to hear people talk about racing legends and so on, but after hearing it a ridiculous amount of times in a couple of days I had to turn it off.
When something starts to annoy me, there's no way for me to stop paying attention to it. Too bad, the music is actually really good

RacingTopsy
28-09-2017, 11:38
..Do you guys also complain about repetitive sounds in FPS games when someone gets hit? :rolleyes:

Really, just stop paying attention or turn the music down and play your own, it won't hurt anyone to do that. (unless you play it really loud, in that case the neighbours might mind, but probably not as much as the car sounds coming from your apartment. :p)

Exoil
28-09-2017, 11:45
..Do you guys also complain about repetitive sounds in FPS games when someone gets hit? :rolleyes:

Really, just stop paying attention or turn the music down and play your own, it won't hurt anyone to do that. (unless you play it really loud, in that case the neighbours might mind, but probably not as much as the car sounds coming from your apartment. :p)
That would be like complaining about the engine revving sounds when we hit the gas :cool:
I just wished more of these audio interviews would've been added, it's a really cool idea!

Maximum11
28-09-2017, 11:56
I love the little audio clips of Ben Collins talking about different aspects of racing and what not, but I swear it seems like 9 times out of 10, it's him talking about Senna and how he grew up watching him and how he admired him so much and yadda yadda yadda.

Are these clips tied to game mode somehow? Because I've been doing mostly custom races and TT, and I swear I'm gonna go batty if I have to keep hearing this nearly every time I load up a track.

That hype about Senna is annoying... Why not choosing Lauda, Clark, Prost, Stewart or any other fantastic driver seen in F1... I'm not sure that dude studied Senna as much as he say he did. He said he was the "perfectionist", it's not the memory I have of him.

cpcdem
28-09-2017, 12:21
I just wished more of these audio interviews would've been added, it's a really cool idea!

Am I the only one who hears other speeches as well? There's one about how to properly tackle Eau Rouge, another about feeling of danger vs urge to win and a couple more.
Or have I been playing PC2 too much in the last days and I've ended up starting dreaming about that all?

:)

Raklodder
28-09-2017, 12:23
I found it very nice and soothing the first few times, but then it got annoying. Why? It overlaps the epic game music!

Exoil
28-09-2017, 12:25
Am I the only one who hears other speeches as well? There's one about how to properly tackle Eau Rouge, another about feeling of danger vs urge to win and a couple more.
Or have I been playing PC2 too much in the last days and I've ended up starting dreaming about that all?

:)

I'm not saying it's not in the game, but I never heard anything else than Senna :)

cpcdem
28-09-2017, 12:29
Yes, Senna does get by far the biggest share!

Daynja
28-09-2017, 12:37
I used to be a driver like Senna until I took an arrow in the knee.

Stop right there citizen, you have broken the law!!!

Maximum11
28-09-2017, 14:05
Stop right there citizen, you have broken the law!!!

You probably have all heard the Carrousel announcement too? I thought I launched some WWII game , not that's PC2

ASingfield
28-09-2017, 16:08
You probably have all heard the Carrousel announcement too? I thought I launched some WWII game , not that's PC2

Yes, I usually ignore the announcements as background noise, but that always makes me go "wait, what?!". I thought it was just me naturally listening more closely to stuff in my own language...

MaximusN
28-09-2017, 16:24
I found it very nice and soothing the first few times, but then it got annoying. Why? It overlaps the epic game music!

I'm going to switch the music off in the hope that the talking stops :) like you said it's something different the first 2 times, after that it starts to irritate :D I appreciate the idea, but it's really not for me.

Deathbox_2112
28-09-2017, 17:09
Ha, I thought that was Will Buxton. Sounds just like him.

Civic
29-09-2017, 00:00
You guys know that it's a song, right ?
These kind of sample is very common in music.
When you listen to music, with some lyrics, you hear the same again and again right ?
Just turn the music volume to 0 and listen to whatever you want.

It's a shame because the menu music is really good in this game but the talking does get old quick.