PDA

View Full Version : Loss of certain sounds after about an hour of game play

Chicken Patty
28-09-2017, 01:44
Hello,

So I notice that after playing for about an hour, usually give or take a stint on a full tank, I usually swap to the AI Driver so it can do a stint. I notice that after a while of the AI driver taking over I loose engine sound, or at least that i can tell. If you go over a kurb, you hear it, you hear the transmission noises, whine, etc, just no engine sound, and it's on. I mean the car is going around the track, banging through gears.

To clarify it is just the car I was driving (Corvette C7.R). The other AI cars around me have engine sound.

Any idea if this is a bug or if it can be a setting of some sort? Only thing stopping me from doing endurance races, and it truly is a bummer. :(

Aldo Zampatti
28-09-2017, 01:47
Hello,

So I notice that after playing for about an hour, usually give or take a stint on a full tank, I usually swap to the AI Driver so it can do a stint. I notice that after a while of the AI driver taking over I loose engine sound, or at least that i can tell. If you go over a kurb, you hear it, you hear the transmission noises, whine, etc, just no engine sound, and it's on. I mean the car is going around the track, banging through gears.

Any idea if this is a bug or if it can be a setting of some sort? Only thing stopping me from doing endurance races, and it truly is a bummer. :(

Any car? I'll give this a go

Chicken Patty
28-09-2017, 01:50
The one I have tried doing a few endurance races with is the Corvette C7.R. Lemans one full stint, swap over to AI driver, after a few laps engine sound gone, this is in VR. Same at Daytona. Going to try Daytona again, no VR. Maybe in VR it's got some funky audio bug or something. To clarify it's just the engine sound of my car, the others cars you can hear around me.

Aldo Zampatti
28-09-2017, 01:52
The one I have tried doing a few endurance races with is the Corvette C7.R. Lemans one full stint, swap over to AI driver, after a few laps engine sound gone, this is in VR. Same at Daytona. Going to try Daytona again, no VR. Maybe in VR it's got some funky audio bug or something. To clarify it's just the engine sound of my car, the others cars you can hear around me.

ok, thanks, I'll try later on.

Chicken Patty
28-09-2017, 01:56
ok, thanks, I'll try later on.

Thank you, let me know your findings please. I appreciate it.

Chicken Patty
29-09-2017, 06:11
So it happens again. I noticed it's a while after I remove my VR head set from my head and place it aside on my bed outside of the tracking area and I let the AI driver take over What you do is you switch to the outside camera and the engine sound comes back. Guess it's a bug? Anyways,just cycling the cameras takes care of it and I don't mind that work around.

Aldo Zampatti
29-09-2017, 16:22
So it happens again. I noticed it's a while after I remove my VR head set from my head and place it aside on my bed outside of the tracking area and I let the AI driver take over What you do is you switch to the outside camera and the engine sound comes back. Guess it's a bug? Anyways,just cycling the cameras takes care of it and I don't mind that work around.

I have a reply back from one of the Audio programmers from the Audio team, and I was told that the Sound Pausing is a feature actually:
" in VR mode the audio uses a feature of the Rift to detect whether the display is on your head or not and will pause the audio if the kit reports back that it isn't on your head. "

So just to be clear, you said that when you put it back on you still have no complete engine sound and in order to get the sound back you have to cycle around the cameras and is back?
let me know and I'll report it internally.
Thanks!

Chicken Patty
29-09-2017, 17:14
Yes that's exactly what happens. Once I cycle the cameras, it comes back and all is fine. Even after putting the head set back on my head, I have to cycle the cameras.

crowhop
29-09-2017, 17:19
Do you happen to be using Discord?

I had major sound bugs in VR (Rift) after installing Discord. Still sorting it out, actually, even after uninstalling.

Aldo Zampatti
29-09-2017, 17:34
Yes that's exactly what happens. Once I cycle the cameras, it comes back and all is fine. Even after putting the head set back on my head, I have to cycle the cameras.
Thanks

Chicken Patty
29-09-2017, 18:46
Thanks

Anytime, thanks for the attention to the matter. That feature is actually helpful. I don't mind the work around for now.

flag1944
12-10-2017, 21:14
Is there a way to adjust the volume to get more dominant transmission whine and flex sound?

If not maybe hope for an additional slider in the sound options for such. I don't even mind editing a file to get the desired effect if this is possible.

I apologize if this isn't a proper place to ask this question.