PDA

View Full Version : Body damage effecting aero?

clanky
28-09-2017, 02:16
This might be a stupid question, but does having body damage effect your speed + aero in the car? Does drafting help quite a bit getting in the slipstream? Also side note as I haven't tried it, but can you blow up your car in a race from full damage? I saw a guy earlier today trying to total out his car (the simpit guy Sean Cole I think?) and his slammed into the wall at 90mph plus and it did some damage, but he just kept a driving. He then hit the wall a few more times but it never gave out on him. Don't get me wrong I don't want a little tap to blow your motor like in iracing.

Aldo Zampatti
28-09-2017, 02:18
This might be a stupid question, but does having body damage effect your speed + aero in the car? Does drafting help quite a bit getting in the slipstream? Also side note as I haven't tried it, but can you blow up your car in a race from full damage? I saw a guy earlier today trying to total out his car (the simpit guy Sean Cole I think?) and his slammed into the wall at 90mph plus and it did some damage, but he just kept a driving. He then hit the wall a few more times but it never gave out on him. Don't get me wrong I don't want a little tap to blow your motor like in iracing.

Yes - Yes - Yes.

The damage varies depending on the cars, of course.

cpcdem
28-09-2017, 05:57
Yes - Yes - Yes.

The damage varies depending on the cars, of course.

I think this indeed makes sense, but the way it is presented to the driver right now is a little problematic, because it is very hard to know that this has happened. I got a blown engine two times and that had left me puzzled, as I had no indication of what caused it. In one of the times, I did get a warning from the radio that temps are raising, but there was not much I could do, even though I lifted, a few seconds later, boom! I only had a suspicion that maybe it could be related to radiator damage, but my first response to myself is that I am imagining things too much :), until I saw confirmation for this here.

Maybe having a clear visual warning on screen about the important radiator damage (in addition to the generic aero damage that is usually not that critical) and/or a radio message indicating this, would make things a lot more straightforward. But needs to be clear and to make sure it gets the player's attention, because as I am sure you know it is not realistically possible to monitor the engine temp every few seconds while racing and fighting for position.

Shepard2603
28-09-2017, 06:02
With damage enabled it is quite easy to get your engine blown up. A light tap on the front may damage your radiator and the temps go up pretty fast. Better get some repairs then. You should constantly check oil/water temps, especially when you have front damage.