PDA

View Full Version : XBOX Graphics Quality of Dash

kevin kirk
28-09-2017, 02:51
This is my screenshot showing the graphics you asked for. They only way I could think of to show you is the words on the dash being so blurry its hard to read them if I can think of something else that shows the graphics being poor I will post them if the thread doesn't get deleted 241095

Aldo Zampatti
28-09-2017, 02:54
This is my screenshot showing the graphics you asked for. They only way I could think of to show you is the words on the dash being unreadable if I can think of something else that shows the graphics being poor I will post them if the thread doesn't get deleted 241095

Thankks

BTW, no idea what happened to your thread... :( Sorry about that.

This clearly shows something I can report and I will. Thanks again

kevin kirk
28-09-2017, 02:56
Thankks

BTW, no idea what happened to your thread... :( Sorry about that.

This clearly shows something I can report and I will. Thanks again ....ok I will change the title so it doesn't sound so bad.

Aldo Zampatti
28-09-2017, 02:57
....ok I will change the title so it doesn't sound so bad.

I did it for you before :)

kevin kirk
28-09-2017, 02:59
ok thanks for changing the title. if I can think of some angle or someway to catch the graphics better or something to maybe it out bring out I will post it but as I said it not only the dash.

DeathMetalRacer
28-09-2017, 03:41
Glad this has been brought up. I too have noticed blurryness in the cockpit which shouldn't be especially at a complete stop.

kevin kirk
28-09-2017, 04:50
Glad this has been brought up. I too have noticed blurryness in the cockpit which shouldn't be especially at a complete stop.

it started as a thread about the poor graphics I'm getting in general and the best way I thought of to show it was how blurry the words were in the dash. I'm I the only one seeing awfull graphics across the board? I went to texas and was shocked at how bad it looked.

Just Another Frog
28-09-2017, 05:20
I'm I the only one seeing awfull graphics across the board? I went to texas and was shocked at how bad it looked.

No you're not. I did (amongst other races as well) a 24 car endurance race around Long Beach and found that visual quality seemed to worsen the longer the race went on. By around lap 35 i had to concede because it was becoming next to impossible to see the cut in points for the corners at the end of both the long high speed straights. Turn 1 is hard to judge at the best of times but when the graphics are ill defined and you've got to really squint to see that stripey barrier (the only clue as to where the corner actually is) it can take it's toll on the old eyeballs :)
I opted to briefly change to chase cam but it's not an easy view to get on with when you don't use regularly so in the end I just called it a day. It did actually prompt me to reinstall Forza 6 to make a comparison because although there are tyre walls blocking the run off areas on turn 1 and they did act as a visual guide, I don't ever remember having the same levels of difficulty actually seeing the corner. I guess i'll know better when the installation is complete.

Can i just add that when i say ''ill defined'' i mean they shimmer (like a heat haze) and appear really low resolution. That's the best way i can describe it. Sorry, not very technical, is it :)

Killer Bob
28-09-2017, 06:34
Just Another Frog,

Have you checked your visual fx options? Theres a 'heat haze' option, maybe you have it switched on, i can't remember if it's on by default

Peace

Just Another Frog
28-09-2017, 07:16
Yeah, all those settings are reduced or off to squeeze out a little more performance.

Killer Bob
28-09-2017, 07:26
I'm in the same boat but my fav track looks ok, i might just have to bite the bullet and get an X, not ideal but i wanted to get one anyways. Or, wait a few months for the price to come down a bit, decisions...

kevin kirk
28-09-2017, 15:51
Just Another Frog,

Have you checked your visual fx options? Theres a 'heat haze' option, maybe you have it switched on, i can't remember if it's on by default

Peace yea, its off. I turned off the post filter thing that helped alittle. Of the tracks I have tried so far, As the time changes it gets better and worse exept for texas which is really bad all the time.

kevin kirk
28-09-2017, 22:11
a couple more that its very hard to read or make out the words and so on 241200 241201

LukeC
28-09-2017, 23:16
a couple more that its very hard to read or make out the words and so on 241200 241201

The top one looks OK to me. What's the resolution of those displays in real life by the way?

kevin kirk
29-09-2017, 00:02
The top one looks OK to me. What's the resolution of those displays in real life by the way?

I don't really know. The thread got changed from about poor graphics on xbox to poor graphics just on the dash. I'm talking about graphics period. For example the stands and signs at COTA, well every track really. Is anyone else getting this bad of graphics? 241208241209 see how the letter are hard to make out in the monster sign and the line at the edge of the track on the left is really jagged? Is it just on my end or is it like that for everyone? Also never mind that lap time, I'm just testing some setups.

LukeC
29-09-2017, 00:28
I don't really know. The thread got changed from about poor graphics on xbox to poor graphics just on the dash. I'm talking about graphics period. For example the stands and signs at COTA, well every track really. Is anyone else getting this bad of graphics? 241208241209 see how the letter are hard to make out in the monster sign and the line at the edge of the track on the left is really jagged? Is it just on my end or is it like that for everyone? Also never mind that lap time, I'm just testing some setups.

I'm on the ps4 and I actually prefer the look of Pcars 2 over Pcars 1; the lighting and the level of detail seem better to me.

But I do agree that the anti-aliasing on Pcars 2 is significantly worse compared to pcars1 as is the shadow pop up. Frame rate also seems worse on Pcars 2. At this stage I'm still hopeful that these problems will be ironed out but I'm not holding my breath.

kevin kirk
29-09-2017, 00:37
I'm on the ps4 and I actually prefer the look of Pcars 2 over Pcars 1; the lighting and the level of detail seem better to me.

But I do agree that the anti-aliasing on Pcars 2 is significantly worse compared to pcars1 as is the shadow pop up. Frame rate also seems worse on Pcars 2. At this stage I'm still hopeful that these problems will be ironed out but I'm not holding my breath.

...I'm sure there will be some improvments

LukeC
29-09-2017, 00:58
...I'm sure there will be some improvments

I hope so. This game doesn't seem as well optimised for console as the first one so I'm hopeful that the hardware is capable of more, and that SMS know how to squeeze the extra performance out.

Ian Bell
29-09-2017, 01:43
I hope so. This game doesn't seem as well optimised for console as the first one so I'm hopeful that the hardware is capable of more, and that SMS know how to squeeze the extra performance out.

It's doing more at a faster frame rate than before. So it's well optimised. If you knew half of what we are doing under the hood on these little machines you'd be amazed.

LukeC
29-09-2017, 02:37
It's doing more at a faster frame rate than before. So it's well optimised. If you knew half of what we are doing under the hood on these little machines you'd be amazed.

True, I'm not privy to what's going on under the hood, which is why I was careful to say that the game doesn't "seem" as well optimised as the first one. At the end of the day all I can really comment on is how the game looks to my eyes and how well it runs, and there is no denying the fact that Pcars 1 gave me a seemingly smoother gaming experience.

With regard to the overall look, as I said I like the overall direction, especially the lighting, track textures and the increased level of detail of the newer tracks, but again, the anti aliasing does not seem to be quite on par with the first one, not that it's horrible, particularly, but there is definitely room for improvement.

Ian Bell
29-09-2017, 02:49
True, I'm not privy to what's going on under the hood, which is why I was careful to say that the game doesn't "seem" as well optimised as the first one. At the end of the day all I can really comment on is how the game looks to my eyes and how well it runs, and there is no denying the fact that Pcars 1 gave me a seemingly smoother gaming experience.

With regard to the overall look, as I said I like the overall direction, especially the lighting, track textures and the increased level of detail of the newer tracks, but again, the anti aliasing does not seem to be quite on par with the first one, not that it's horrible, particularly, but there is definitely room for improvement.

Our average frame rates are objectively and demonstrably higher for pCARS2. We also spend more time at a steady 60 FPS in pCARS2...

Agreed on the AA. It's mainly a replay issue but we've got some improvement coming without adding additional overhead.

LukeC
29-09-2017, 03:08
Our average frame rates are objectively and demonstrably higher for pCARS2. We also spend more time at a steady 60 FPS in pCARS2...

Agreed on the AA. It's mainly a replay issue but we've got some improvement coming without adding additional overhead.

I'm surprised about the frame rate being higher than in Pcars 1. Maybe Pcars 1 looked smoother due to the temporal rendering filter, or whatever it's called.

Anyway, good news about the AA improvements being in the pipeline.

Kriptical
29-09-2017, 11:39
Just ancetodatal but on Xbox it seems the hud affects frame rate. Most obviously the telemetry option which will strain the Xbox enough to cause chug/flicker if left upnfor too long.

kevin kirk
29-09-2017, 17:59
For me its everything looking really jagged.