PDA

View Full Version : DriveHub - Does it work?

Zeke Bewlay
28-09-2017, 03:13
Hi All - Several posts have suggested to users of older non-supported wheels to get a collective minds DriveHub (https://collectiveminds.ca/products/allconsoles/) "The Drive Hub is a revolutionary, industry first cross over gaming adapter making it possible to use virtually any Force Feedback Steering wheel on your Xbox One or PlayStation 4 gaming console."

It would be nice to hear from any users who have tried it with PC2 and various wheels to be sure that it works as advertised and without complexity or glitches. It would be of great help before making purchasing decisions.

MarcoM
28-09-2017, 08:00
Hi,

yes it works. I use it with G25 and TH8a on the ps4. It's recognised as a G29.

Good stuff!

Discount from GTplanet forum

"All of you over at GTPlanet have been so supportive to the Drive Hub cause, we would like to offer a 10% coupon that all your members can take advantage of. The coupon is GTPLANET10 and can be used...on the Collective Minds website, feel free to post it for all to see."

zr1chris
28-09-2017, 16:48
Yes it works. It's the best money I've spent in awhile. Worth every penny.

I've used my Fanatec PWTS for Driveclub and PCars 2 on PS4 and also Forza Horizon 3 and the FM 7 demo on the Xbox 1 and it works as if it's fully supported on both consoles. It even allows the wheel to work on the console menus.

GBO Possum
29-09-2017, 03:42
Works fine for me on a PS4 Pro.
My wheels are G27 and G920.
Just great with both of these wheels
EDIT: both wheels come up as a G29, so if I switch wheels, the PS4 is none the wiser

Knelly
29-09-2017, 18:33
Anyone know if this would work with the Logitech Driving Force GT? Can't afford a new wheel yet, and dying to play this without having to use a controller. Thanks in advance.

jdmnsprd
30-09-2017, 02:57
Wish I would of known about this before spending $700 on a thrustmaster t500rs and th8 shifter when i already have a perfectly working logitech g25 :mad:

MarcoM
30-09-2017, 04:27
Anyone know if this would work with the Logitech Driving Force GT? Can't afford a new wheel yet, and dying to play this without having to use a controller. Thanks in advance.

According to http://shop.cronusmax.com/drivehub.html that wheel is supprtded

St4r8ucK
30-09-2017, 17:51
I have a G25 myself and I use https://blog.gimx.fr. You can build that adapter yourself or buy it on the site for 30€ (An old computer or Raspberry is needed to run the software). Very happy with it!

lmntr
30-09-2017, 20:13
Please, please, if any one has a DriveHub and also own or your friend owns a T100; Can you please try it and let us know for the benefit of all of us T100 owners. Just remember that we usually start the wheel with the controller by first clicking X on a Controller but then hit the X on the wheel after the application opens, similar as to a t500.

GBO Possum
01-10-2017, 13:44
Just for a broader spectrum of discussion on DriveHub (and 10% discount code when buying DriveHub = "GTPLANET10"), there are two threads on this product over at gtplanet.net under Sim Racing Hardware.

The discussions are quite active, and very positive

Incidentally, DriveHub now supports PS3 as well. I use it for PCars2 and GT6 with a Logitech G920 wheel :yes:

ru5ty
03-10-2017, 05:35

I have the DFGT and it works perfectly for all games. FFB on PC2 however is bugged just like the G29.

MarcoM
04-10-2017, 07:23
Firmware 5.00 of the ps4 did not break the Drivehub functionality :)

FlyinJake
04-10-2017, 12:32
Firmware 5.00 of the ps4 did not break the Drivehub functionality :)

Anyone knows if direct drive wheels work with DriveHub on PS4?

MarcoM
04-10-2017, 12:35
http://shop.cronusmax.com/drivehub.html

The wheels on their site are supported. Not sure which make DD wheel you want to use on ps4.

wyldanimal
05-10-2017, 05:46
Hi,

yes it works. I use it with G25 and TH8a on the ps4. It's recognised as a G29.

Good stuff!

Discount from GTplanet forum

"All of you over at GTPlanet have been so supportive to the Drive Hub cause, we would like to offer a 10% coupon that all your members can take advantage of. The coupon is GTPLANET10 and can be used...on the Collective Minds website, feel free to post it for all to see."

Can you Explain how you have this Connected?
I've been trying to get the TH8A to work with the G29 wheel.
no Luck finding a solution.. I did find an Adapter on Basherboards, but I have yet to get any reply from them.

MarcoM
05-10-2017, 07:29
Can you Explain how you have this Connected?
I've been trying to get the TH8A to work with the G29 wheel.
no Luck finding a solution.. I did find an Adapter on Basherboards, but I have yet to get any reply from them.

Hi,

I connect my G25 to the Drivehub to the wheel port and the TH8a to the DH accessoires port. You have to connect a Ds4 gamepad to the drive hub and then connect the Drivehub via the included micro usb cable to the ps4. The G25 is recognised as a G29 in the games. And the Th8a is also recognised.

I thought that the G29 and TH8a work out of the box on the ps4, but apperently that is not the case :(

Luckily there's drivehub to the resque. A forum member on Cronusmax shows that it works:
http://cronusmax.com/forums/showthread.php/175842-LOGITECH-G29-THRUSTMASTER-TH8A-SHIFTER-ON-PS4-AWESOME

No need to buy the Logitech shifter. That is a good one, but as you know the TH8A is just awesome.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Marco

GBO Possum
06-10-2017, 15:53
The way the Drive Hub works, IMHO it's highly unlikely that any PS4 (or other console) software can "disable" it.

On a PS4, Drive Hub makes certain unsupported wheel look like a wheel which is supported on that platform. So the console software should not be able to detect that Drive Hub is present.

Could be wrong about this, but unlikely

jaynnc
07-10-2017, 12:51
To me personally, the drivehub has been the best thing to happen for racing gamers..I love it..To use my fanatec V2.5 on my ps4 pro and Xbox is simply amazing...no issues at all...to only have to use one wheel base for 2 consoles is great..and if you press some buttons, the game will recognize the fanatec as a Logitech like on project cars 2...BEST buy I have done in a long time...

GBO Possum
09-10-2017, 01:43
To me personally, the drivehub has been the best thing to happen for racing gamers..I love it..To use my fanatec V2.5 on my ps4 pro and Xbox is simply amazing...no issues at all...to only have to use one wheel base for 2 consoles is great..and if you press some buttons, the game will recognize the fanatec as a Logitech like on project cars 2...BEST buy I have done in a long time...

Totally agree! Wonderful investment protection!!

Here's how I use mine where I have three consoles attached to my TV. PS3, PS4 and XB1

Scenario 1. G920 wheel OR G27 connectable to any of these consoles. Switching between platforms is fast!

Scenario 2. Two PS3s running GT6 for one-on-one racing. G27 for one, G920 for the other

wyldanimal
12-10-2017, 18:43
I got my Drive Hub Yesterday.
And I'm happy to report that the TH8A shifter works flawlessly with my Fanatec CSL Elite for PS4

CSL E with V3 Pedals, and TH8A shifter, and Drive Hub !
( I have the pedals connected to the wheel base, on the Drive hub, the Wheel plugged in to the middle Port, the DS4 on the First port, and the TH8A on the Third Port. )

It was all Plug and Play.

What a great product.!

MarcoM
13-10-2017, 06:00
@wyldanimal, Glad it works!

Marlo
13-10-2017, 16:12
PS4: Is it possible to use fanatec CSR elite pedals and T300rs wheel with DriveHub?

Martini Da Gasalini
14-10-2017, 00:10
Yesssss thanks wyld

wyldanimal
15-10-2017, 08:30
PS4: Is it possible to use fanatec CSR elite pedals and T300rs wheel with DriveHub?

Yes, It is.
Drive Hub will let you Cross brands to use One Brand Wheel, with Another Brands USB Accessory.

I've even read, Using a 9 pin to RJ12 adapter into a RJ12 to USB adapter, and it Works..

See this Post, for the List of Compatible Wheels, and Compatible cross Brand Pedals and Shifter.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?54439-Fanatec-CSL-ELITE-and-Thrustmaster-TH8A-will-that-work-together&p=1393663&viewfull=1#post1393663

wyldanimal
16-10-2017, 19:04
Thought I'd share this as well.
I thought the Drive Hub was much bigger than it actually is.
I had never seen a photo that showed it's size relative to anything else.

When attached to the PS4, the LED's are an RPM / Shift meter.
Nice for Wheel bases that don't provide an RPM meter.

The size. It fits in the Palm of my hand.