PDA

View Full Version : logitech g29 game making wheel off center

Againstmike525
28-09-2017, 03:42
im having issues with calibration the wheel is fine on other games as well as when i first plug it in but as soon as i load up pc2 the game off centers the wheel to the left for some reason. it stays that way no matter if i calibrate it in game or not. ive tried all kinds of fixes that i could think of but will no success at all. here is a video of the issue im having youll have to copy the link because this is my first post on here thanks! youtu.be/t1V7QAlHnvk

cheers
mike

Aldo Zampatti
28-09-2017, 03:50
im having issues with calibration the wheel is fine on other games as well as when i first plug it in but as soon as i load up pc2 the game off centers the wheel to the left for some reason. it stays that way no matter if i calibrate it in game or not. ive tried all kinds of fixes that i could think of but will no success at all. here is a video of the issue im having youll have to copy the link because this is my first post on here thanks! youtu.be/t1V7QAlHnvk

cheers
mike

Do you use Logitech Profiler? If so, close it before you run PCARS2

Againstmike525
28-09-2017, 04:02
ive tried it both ways with the logitech gaming software open and closed didnt make a difference. Ive also tried running the game as admin as others on steam discussions were telling me to do and no changes there either. just very strange that it automatically changes the calibration after the initial one.

Aldo Zampatti
28-09-2017, 04:06
What about deleting the game folder (\Documents\Project CARS 2) and start from scratch?

Againstmike525
28-09-2017, 04:12
ill try that and check back thanks for the help!

Againstmike525
28-09-2017, 04:17
yep still no change the wheel adjusts at the start of the game

Siberian Tiger
28-09-2017, 04:49
Just looked at the Video. It's the Centering Force of the Software, which does Keep the Wheel in Neutral when in Menus. It does use the Centering Point which is set in the Logitech Software. Please redo Configuration of the Wheel inside of the Logitech Software.
Then try again.

Againstmike525
28-09-2017, 04:57
im confused as to what you want me to change in the logitech software. also the wheel dosnt just stay that way in the menus its off center during gameplay also so if i was to center the wheel during the game then the car would start to move right

Muz_J
28-09-2017, 05:14
If you get stuck I can help by going through my Logitech Gaming Software and in game settings.
I've had no issues at all with my G29 and it's easy enough to me to list how I've got things setup if that would help.
From what I've seen on the forums (I just purchased Pcars2) some people with G29's and G920's seem to have issues with this game and others like me have no problems at all.

Againstmike525
28-09-2017, 05:16
ya any help would be great to get this game to a playable condition lol

Kebabfelix
28-09-2017, 06:24
Just wanna pop in and say how smooth setting everything up was.

I went in, calibrated and that was it. All the buttons were already mapped too, so the whole menu with ICM or what its called was done :D

gandy
28-09-2017, 07:20
I can not say your issue is related to mine but could be worth trying if nothing else works.

I found that the steam cloud saves are messing with my controller ffb settings, Ive had a recent issue with my G29 where i lost almost all ffb feeling on all cars ( i could not tell what the car was doing and it got worse over a few days ) and not even jack spades custom ffb files made a difference. I tried to reset the game by deleting the Project Cars 2 folder in the documents folder which failed due to the steam cloud saves being re-downloaded and restoring stuff i didnt want it to restore. Now i forced a full reset of the game by forcibly overwriting the steam cloud saves and i have all my lovely ffb back that i had on release day of project cars 2. I even made a post on racededepartment forums on how good the ffb was out of the box on release day of pCars 2 :)

If you choose to do a full reset of the game i will warn you that you will loose every bit progress you have made in the game including online ranking so please do this as a last resort when everything else has failed as it might not work for your issue.

Here is the vid i used to help me reset my cloud saves but you will also need to delete the Project cars 2 folder in your documents folder or it might not work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zulnvYsJ20