PDA

View Full Version : How do I adjust FFB pr car?

keem85
28-09-2017, 06:33
In the options on controllers page, the help-tip says that the car-menu/pit strategy menu you can set FFB for each car. I can not find any FFB sliders to adjust in this menu when activating it.. Did the devs forget to implement this function (since the help section says it is there but it isn't)? If so, how can I adjust FFB for car spesific for now?

drizzit
28-09-2017, 08:20
I'm not sure what the help section say but you cant adjust FFB per car in PC2. However you can adjust most global settings from the menu within a race (this wasnt possible in PC1) meaning you can test out the settings straight away without starting a new session.
Also notice you can assign a couple of the settings to buttons to change them on the fly.

keem85
28-09-2017, 10:33
I'm not sure what the help section say but you cant adjust FFB per car in PC2. However you can adjust most global settings from the menu within a race (this wasnt possible in PC1) meaning you can test out the settings straight away without starting a new session.
Also notice you can assign a couple of the settings to buttons to change them on the fly.

Yeah I did that, but i need the car spesific FFB, since the strength varies so much from car to car, I can't go around and changing the global all the time. Besides it should work, according to the menu help-tip for that spesific menu option.

F2kSel
28-09-2017, 11:49
I agree this is a poor omission, you really don't want to be fiddling with FFB for every car every time you switch vehicles.
Some of the forces from one vehicle to the next are massive, the game needs a serious tidy up I don't have too many issues on track but UI is awful in places.

keem85
28-09-2017, 12:06
Anyone from the SMS team that can give me answer to this? I used an hour trying to figure it out yesterday, but could not find car spesific FFB at all..

drizzit
28-09-2017, 15:08
As I said in my first reply you can't change it per car anymore it's simply not in the game.

I agree it's not a good decision but that's how it is, I was just giving you the options you do have.

Neil Bateman
28-09-2017, 15:13
You can at any time during game play go into options and make adjustments which will then take affect, but yes you would have to remember all your individual per car FFB settings which really is not ideal to say the least.

Back to spreadsheets and notes for this i suppose.:rolleyes:

Roger Prynne
28-09-2017, 17:35
It actually makes me laugh because in pCARS 1 lots people were saying that FFB per car was over the top and not necessary, now we got people saying that it should be included.
Just goes to show that you cant please everyone all of the time.

I personally liked it.

takaii
28-09-2017, 17:43
It actually makes me laugh because in pCARS 1 lots people were saying that FFB per car was over the top and not necessary, now we got people saying that it should be included.

I personally liked it.

Are you sure its the same people saying the same things? I mean those who complained in first game might be those whom are quite now and vice versa? Everybody has an opinion dont always agree with one and another.

Roger Prynne
28-09-2017, 17:49
No I'm not sure at all, I'm just looking at the contrast between the two.
And yes of course everyone has a different opinion, I'm not arguing the fact, just saying is all.

RoccoTTS
28-09-2017, 18:00
I really don't see the problem. I just assigned the ffb volume to a button on my wheel so i can change it on the fly. When you use the informative flavour most cars feels good, only a few you have to tab 1 or 2 times on the "volume" button and that's it. You don't have to write it down for every car, you just feel in the first few meters when you have to change it.

Diablo944
28-09-2017, 18:15
I really don't see the problem. I just assigned the ffb volume to a button on my wheel so i can change it on the fly. When you use the informative flavour most cars feels good, only a few you have to tab 1 or 2 times on the "volume" button and that's it. You don't have to write it down for every car, you just feel in the first few meters when you have to change it.

I think the problem here is that on the 'old' game we had a 'per car' option so didn't have to dick around every time we changed cars. On the new game we dont have a 'per car' option and instead we do have to dick around every time we change cars.

Imagine going to your car in the real world and finding that somebody had lowered the car seat and moved it fully forward while flicking every switch in the car and moving your mirror. You get in and change things back to what you like and drive around happily. Then park up and that person sneaks out and puts it all back how you found it earlier. Its only a few seconds perhaps to get right again but it would get tired fast. Especially with a hundred cars. I know we are talking about one thing and not seats and mirrors etc, but its still valid.

Before anyone says it, I am also aware that all the married guys whose wives drive their cars go through this every time they get in their car.

The loss of Per car was still an odd omission to a new rendition of a previous game. Just out of interest, and its probably already been asked and answered, but is it one hundred percent gone for good or is there a slim chance it may come back in a future patch?

finagle69
28-09-2017, 18:24
I would like to have a per car FFB as well. And while you're at it, please add at least _some_ FFB to the street Lambos...

Fanapryde
28-09-2017, 18:28
I really don't see the problem. I just assigned the ffb volume to a button on my wheel so i can change it on the fly. When you use the informative flavour most cars feels good, only a few you have to tab 1 or 2 times on the "volume" button and that's it. You don't have to write it down for every car, you just feel in the first few meters when you have to change it.Some kind of on screen message telling you what changes you are making would be a plus.

drizzit
28-09-2017, 18:33

I personally liked it.
I'll have to say I'm somewhere in between, in general I like the simplified settings as I think the old system was too complicated.
However as there is quite a spread on forces felt in different cars a middle way like being able to save the current main settings per car would have been nice.
Maybe include FFB settings in the per car tune save for example.

Sankyo
28-09-2017, 18:42
Ideally I would have the game remember FFB changes I made in-car w.r.t. the global settings. On-the-fly FFB tuning is great, but one should only have to do it once.

RoccoTTS
28-09-2017, 18:55
Ideally I would have the game remember FFB changes I made in-car w.r.t. the global settings. On-the-fly FFB tuning is great, but one should only have to do it once.

Maybe a good idea, just like you have to change the seat position only once and the game remember it.

poirqc
28-09-2017, 19:30

You bring a good point. On higher end wheels, where you have acces to a wider torque range. You can have a greater delta between cars without having some of them too low.

On lesser wheels, what you suggested is more important. I would take the trade off of having different cars in a similar, but in a nice ball park, strenght wise. Than to have some of them too weak.

Jbpd
28-09-2017, 19:40
When you assign a button for volume what increments does it go up/ down in?

RoccoTTS
28-09-2017, 19:48
When you assign a button for volume what increments does it go up/ down in?

By 5, 50 - 55 - 60.

Mahjik
28-09-2017, 20:34
Goal is that each car should feel different an unique. A street car should not feel as strong as a race car. You should tune your FFB to something with high downforce then each car should exhibit it's proportional strength. With that goal, you only need one FFB setting.

keem85
28-09-2017, 20:47
But as I'm saying, the ingame option help-tip in PC2 says that there IS a per car FFB slider in the pit strategy menu, but it isn't there, even though the tip says it's there.. And ofcourse you should be able to adjust FFB individually per car, because cars and suspension varies VASTLY!

GrimeyDog
28-09-2017, 21:09
Could SMS open the FFB Global system with a advanced settings Tab??? its already proven that the FFB is pretty Good out of the Box:yes: This way those that want to tweek the FFB for themselves can do so and No one can complain that Tweeking the FFB is too hard because SMS already gave them a simple slider FFB system that you can get decent FFB with.

F2kSel
28-09-2017, 21:28
If your make the adjustments on the fly on the track why not make them sticky for that vehicle as well so you don't have to do it every single time.
There's no need for any more menu controls or anything, it would all happen behind the scene we already adjust the seat and that sticks.

Andrew_WOT
28-09-2017, 21:32
Can we please just have per car settings back, not Advanced menu, thank you very much.
The way it is right now esp. if using RAW is unusable w/o adjusting FFB on the fly every time one changes the car. This is with DD wheel, some cars have virtually no feedback and some are like steam roller w/o power steering.

We all appreciate new FFB UI simplicity, but any sim on the market provides per car settings, guess for a good reason.

On screen FFB settings popup when changing them mid race wouldn't hurt either.

koly
28-09-2017, 21:36
i have already ask the question, bind a button for "increase" and "decrease" FFB, and it's ok, just to inform you, one press give "+5", so you only need two press max to raise or reduce FFB, not hard, works very well for me

Fanapryde
28-09-2017, 21:47
we already adjust the seat and that sticks.
Yeah, sometimes it does, sometimes it does not.
I had to redo the seat adjustments for several cars more than a few times...

Andrew_WOT
28-09-2017, 21:47
i have already ask the question, bind a button for "increase" and "decrease" FFB, and it's ok, just to inform you, one press give "+5", so you only need two press max to raise or reduce FFB, not hard, works very well for me

That's what I meant by "mid race changes", just show the numbers on the screen, otherwise it's a guess game, did I have 50 or 60 in menu when I started, did I click 1 or 3 times. All that lead to inconsistency, ideal scenario, you dialed it per car once and forgot it.

koly
28-09-2017, 21:59
i have 45, when i have light car like honda civic, i give +10 (two times push) and i have 55. When i go back on porsche 911 GT R or other i go back to 45 (two push), very easy to use :), count to 2 !

Andrew_WOT
28-09-2017, 22:14
i have 45, when i have light car like honda civic, i give +10 (two times push) and i have 55. When i go back on porsche 911 GT R or other i go back to 45 (two push), very easy to use :), count to 2 !

Easy for you :(

koly
28-09-2017, 22:46
:D !

Rygel
28-09-2017, 23:33
Some kind of on screen message telling you what changes you are making would be a plus.

There is one.. Just spotted it tonight. On the telemetry HUD, look at your force/clipping meter, the FFB values are there above it ;)

F2kSel
28-09-2017, 23:34
Yeah, sometimes it does, sometimes it does not.
I had to redo the seat adjustments for several cars more than a few times...

Well I've not had that issue but SMS do seem to have issues when it comes to saving and loading settings reliably.

keem85
29-09-2017, 07:16
Seems that people are missing my core point. The button mapping for "Car Management" says that you CAN adjust individual per car FFB in PC2, but it's not present when you activate the menu!

Fanapryde
29-09-2017, 08:32
There is one.. Just spotted it tonight. On the telemetry HUD, look at your force/clipping meter, the FFB values are there above it ;)
I missed that because I don't use the HUD (pCars dash on two pads).
The screen message like when you are changing BB or other settings would be nice though.

Roger Prynne
29-09-2017, 08:44
Seems that people are missing my core point. The button mapping for "Car Management" says that you CAN adjust individual per car FFB in PC2, but it's not present when you activate the menu!

Are you talking about these menus?
If so then it just means that you can adjust the FFB on the fly for any car.

keem85
29-09-2017, 10:08
Yes I am talking about that. But it doesn't make sense, because the FFB you mention, the one that you can adjust on the fly, it is in the other menu to the left (the bottom pic you posted).. The one you're posting first here explains that it's for car spesific configuration, AND that it should be in the "Car Management" menu popup ingame, but it isn't there.

It says "With this menu, you can adjust the following: Adjust car spesific Force Feedback settings"

drizzit
29-09-2017, 12:30
It does say car specific FFB and that means FFB that is specific to cars.

However it doesnt say anything about being able to adjust settings "per car", I'm sorry but you are reading more into the line than it actually say.

keem85
29-09-2017, 12:34
It does say car specific FFB and that means FFB that is specific to cars.

However it doesnt say anything about being able to adjust settings "per car", I'm sorry but you are reading more into the line than it actually say.

No I'm actually not. It says that the "Car Management" menu should have a FFB adjustment slider, but it has nothing of the likes. Try opening the menu when ingame, and you'll see it's lacking.. And the FFB adjustment is seen elsewhere, in ANOTHER key-assignment option named "Increase FFB vol". These are two different options..

drizzit
29-09-2017, 12:41
Ah, sorry I see what you mean now, yes that menu is actually lacking the FFB settings. That might be either a bug or a wrong help text.

However, notice even if that menu was there you still cant adjust the settings Per car. Anything you change in FFB will be applied to all cars no matter where you make the changes.

https://i.gyazo.com/96a550f55458f097b56159368233d4c2.jpg
This is the menu and it doesnt actually have the FFB adjusting the help text mentions.

keem85
29-09-2017, 12:52
Yep! That was where i got so excited when seeing that I could adjust FFB per car. But when I opened "Car Management" I was let down.. The problem with global adjustment is that cars are vastly different from each other. Suspension and all that.. And a mild force feedback in one car can be extremely strong in another car..

Neil Bateman
29-09-2017, 12:55
There are more options than you have showing here, scroll down to get to next menu screen, there is then an option to go back.

Mahjik
29-09-2017, 12:56
And a mild force feedback in one car can be extremely strong in another car..

Which is by design, as I explained earlier in the thread.

keem85
29-09-2017, 13:04
Which is by design, as I explained earlier in the thread.

Yeah ok I see. But the description wasn't supposed to be there then? And the Car Management option?

drizzit
29-09-2017, 13:05
There are more options than you have showing here, scroll down to get to next menu screen, there is then an option to go back.

I still don't see a FFB setting on that menu though so he seem to be right about that help text being inaccurate but I'll test more tonight.

Haiden
29-09-2017, 13:11

I personally liked it.

No. Actually, what's funny is how that complaint seems to have been completely misunderstood.

Agreed...per car FFB is not the desired way to go about it. The FFB settings should be global, like they are in most sims, and then each car's character and feel shows through the single setting. Gain is the only per car setting that makes to adjust for clipping. Yes. That's what people complained about and wanted from PCars1. But that method only works when the forces are consistent from car to car and don't require the global settings to be changed for each car. This isn't the case in PCars2. One FFB setting simply doesn't work for all cars. Because of this, you need to be able to save the settings per car FFB. If the FFB was consistent, then the current method PCars2 uses would be fine. It seems the devs listened to complaint, but failed to actually understand the problem. So they've now actually made things worse, forcing players to resort to keeping track of per settings outside of the game on note pads.

The only plus side is that the FFB settings are simpler to use and very straightforward. So you basically know exactly what to adjust when it doesn't feel right, and things are usually only a few clicks off.

Perhaps if you stop laughing at complaints and start trying to understand them, even when they don't seem to make sense to you at first, better resolutions could be reached. :)

Andrew_WOT
29-09-2017, 15:40
Are you talking about these menus?
If so then it just means that you can adjust the FFB on the fly for any car.

If you watch robo girl video (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?51351-Force-feedback-explained-Configuration-settings-for-all-cars-and-tips), at the end she talks about per car FFB adjustment that was taking out of the game before release, but may come back. So I'd guess that explains that some older verbiage is still left in menu descriptions.
Swinging from one extreme to the other, hopefully SMS comes to senses and adds this back.

dpj463
29-09-2017, 17:51
Hey Andrew Wot,
I think you have posted your DD wheel settings for PCARS 2 somewhere but I can't remember how to find them. Also, are you using the new beta simcube firmware?
Please post a link to your settings again when ya get a chance....
thanks.
p.s. I getta kick out of your humorous postings... i.e. "I would have skipped to step 27".....funny...

Andrew_WOT
29-09-2017, 18:21
Hey Andrew Wot,
I think you have posted your DD wheel settings for PCARS 2 somewhere but I can't remember how to find them. Also, are you using the new beta simcube firmware?
Please post a link to your settings again when ya get a chance....
thanks.
p.s. I getta kick out of your humorous postings... i.e. "I would have skipped to step 27".....funny...
There is a thread http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?52333-Simucube-OSW-settings.
Let's not derail this one. I am on RAW at the moment.