PDA

View Full Version : AI Pitstops

Hay
28-09-2017, 07:49
I have noticed that the AI cars head into the pits when it doesn't make sense for them to do so. Am I doing something wrong in the settings, or is this a feature of the game which will hopefully be changed?

Basically, quite a few of the AI opponents make pitstops either on the first lap or very early in the race. They then have to make an additional stop if the weather changes. This often involves the first pack of cars stopping in the first lap or two, which (a) is unrealistic and (b) limits the close racing that I'm after. At Azure this also involves a hinge traffic jam / pile up at the final turn before the pits on the first lap.

I've been doing races of 20-30 laps in single player at tracks like Nurburgring GP, Azure and Spa GP. I have tried both mandatory pitstops on and off. I've experimented with a range of difficulty settings (90-120) and weather settings (clear, clear to wet, wet to clear). Yet the races still have this charecteristic of a pack of cars heading in early doors.

Is there a way to solve this in the existing game settings? Or is it something that will / should be changed in forthcoming patches?

REFNightmare
28-09-2017, 10:14
I've noticed from watching the replays that the cars that go into the pits on the first lap in my races have normally ended up shunting one another, so they're going in to repair damage.

I picked GT1 class to race on Le Mans and I had manual formation lap set. I was at the back of the pack. During the formation, a few cars ended up damaged, and I got a penalty for overtaking a car that had crashed out, ON A FORMATION LAP lol

Watching the replay, their braking and weaving is rather erratic. On the main straight they slow to 30-40mph and then speed back up, and with the huge weaving one of the AI cars T-Boned another, sending it into the wall. I went past to keep up with the rest of the pack and got a penalty for overtaking lol So I slowed down to try and let him past, he pulled up behind me, and then shunted me lol Was rather amusing.

I think it's just poor AI at the moment which is causing the issues, and I'm sure it will be rectified sooner rather than later.

From now on I think I'll just leave formation laps off.

reerdo
28-09-2017, 14:22
I done a Indycar race last night at road America and the amount of AI that came in at the end of the first lap due to wing damage was over two thirds of the field.

JDFSSS
28-09-2017, 15:48
Turning damage off may fix this issue if you don't mind running with damage off. I did a 40 lap race at Hockenheim yesterday with wet to dry conditions and the AI didn't come in until the mid point of my race when the rain was about to stop.