PDA

View Full Version : Hi-Res Textures - Car

Francisnf
28-09-2017, 07:57
Was playing last night, i use bonnet cam, the textures on the car bonnet seem very low, pixelated basically, is there any chance the devs can release a hi-res texture option for PC users?

Silraed
28-09-2017, 09:24
What graphics settings are you using out if curiosity, I haven't noticed this myself .

REFNightmare
28-09-2017, 10:20
I may be completely incorrect, but could this be down to FOV? I noticed that if I go close to a wall and spin the camera, there's a certain distance from the wall I can be and the car becomes this fuzzy pix-elated mess.

Cheesenium
28-09-2017, 10:33
The livery textures are all 2K as far as I know. I do agree that we need a high-resolution option for PCs that can take the high res textures.

Invincible
28-09-2017, 11:08
The livery textures are all 2K as far as I know. I do agree that we need a high-resolution option for PCs that can take the high res textures.

The problem is, that every livery (3500!) would have to be re-done or at least re-saved in a higher resolution.

N0body Of The Goat
28-09-2017, 11:23
Turn every option to "ultra" and then see if "-insane" launch command from pCARS1 gives better reflections (especially other cars).

Francisnf
28-09-2017, 12:38
What graphics settings are you using out if curiosity, I haven't noticed this myself .

Hi mate, i have it all on High, but checked last night on Ultra and didn't make any difference, you could still see the pixel breakdown of the livery, its FOV is 80 i think on the bonnet, i haven't changed it. It kind of looks out of place with the rest of the graphics, not that its really a massive issue, just always better if things look right, it kind of looks out of place.

@N0body Of The Goat (nice name) ill try that tonight when i load her up, thanks fella.

Sankyo
28-09-2017, 12:44
It was discussed several times during pC1 and pC2 development. Texture/livery resolution is limited because of GPU memory budgets. For some configurations (mostly high-end PC GPUs probably), higher-resolution liveries could be an option, but then the abovementioned problem of having to redo all current liveries comes into play.

Silraed
28-09-2017, 13:59
Hi mate, i have it all on High, but checked last night on Ultra and didn't make any difference, you could still see the pixel breakdown of the livery, its FOV is 80 i think on the bonnet, i haven't changed it.

I must just not pay enough attention to the liveries to notice, it isn't the first and won't be the last thing that escapes my notice I am sure.

woofi
29-09-2017, 07:41
it`s pretty obvious in the Showroom. things like drivernames are very pix-elated.

the game is great and i love it, but on ultra settings there should be a 4K livery

best regards

zuotoski
29-09-2017, 12:12
it`s pretty obvious in the Showroom. things like drivernames are very pix-elated.

the game is great and i love it, but on ultra settings there should be a 4K livery

best regards

Sorry, but I have to agree.
I also love it, I am huge fan. It's a masterpiece, graphics are so beautiful, great sound, brilliant weather transition and physics. So much work and love have been put into it, it's clear. A high resolution library would make it even better.

ELAhrairah
29-09-2017, 12:20
Fully understand OP and his point but it does not affect my personal experience with this game because cockpit cam ;)

zuotoski
02-10-2017, 16:45
^ The problem is that it also affects screenshots.

Kaerar
02-10-2017, 17:01
It was discussed several times during pC1 and pC2 development. Texture/livery resolution is limited because of GPU memory budgets. For some configurations (mostly high-end PC GPUs probably), higher-resolution liveries could be an option, but then the abovementioned problem of having to redo all current liveries comes into play.

TBH the liveries should be saved at 8K at least by the designers at SMS ;)

iRacing only uses 2K, but we would like to see that increase as we are starting to head into 12GB VRAM territory...

I only work in 2K for the iRacing liveries as I know there won't be an increase until Vulkan implementation, however with pCARS2 focus on visuals I do think higher res car textures are a must.

Albertsen
12-10-2017, 10:46
GPU memory budgets might be a reason - but looking at the tyre textures, the GPU budget could have been cut there instead. They seem to be higher res than the car textures.

satco1066
12-10-2017, 11:14

I don't think its soo much work.
The most templates for the cars are 4k*6k or 4k*4k, thats why i think the source files are made in high resoulution.
Photoshop scripting is very powerful. Therefore the generation of that files will not last two months man power, as some try to tell.

The main problem would be massive complaints, coming from people with mid end gpu's.
Our group used many 4k*6k custom liveries online in PC1, but people with mid end GPUs crashed often, so they had to use 2k * 2k packages

gp20
12-10-2017, 11:24
Giving people the choice is never bad.

Albertsen
12-10-2017, 12:36
The problem is, that every livery (3500!) would have to be re-done or at least re-saved in a higher resolution.

If it's done in highres already, then you only have to do one. Photoshop batch action can do the rest while you grab a beer. ;)