PDA

View Full Version : Car rolling on start

tulpeborn
28-09-2017, 08:04
On some tracks the start/finish straight isnt level. How do you avoid the car rolling before the lights turn green as the handbrake doesn't work on racecars?
Why doesn't it work?
Wouldn't that be the realistic way of starting? Press a button on the steering wheel for the brakes, press the clutch pedal, choose first gear, release the clutch pedal a tiny bit just before the biting point and then when the lights go green release the brake button and the clutch pedal?

Leper Messiah
28-09-2017, 08:08
some race cars have no handbrake, I presume the drivers heal/toe to hold the car? If it's an LMP car, bear in mind they mainly do rolling starts in reality so a device like a handbrake is just not needed and would be superfluous weight.

Bliman
28-09-2017, 14:39
The weird thing is if you start the race the car stands still but when you restart the race the car starts rolling.
Wouldn't it be the same the next time as you push restart?

Trippul G
28-09-2017, 15:12
The weird thing is if you start the race the car stands still but when you restart the race the car starts rolling.
Wouldn't it be the same the next time as you push restart?

I think there is a bug with restarting...I've noticed that sometimes my car will be in 1st gear after I restart (normally it's in neutral). That's lead to a number of accidental false starts on my part...leading to another restart, which (usually) fixes the problem.

Bliman
28-09-2017, 15:17
I think there is a bug with restarting...I've noticed that sometimes my car will be in 1st gear after I restart (normally it's in neutral). That's lead to a number of accidental false starts on my part...leading to another restart, which (usually) fixes the problem.

That's the same issue I am having. But restarting always results to me in starting in first (I have to manually setting it in neutral and keep pressing the brake till the start).
It never fixes it no matter how many times I restart.

TommyFresh
28-09-2017, 15:20
foot on brake normally works lol