PDA

View Full Version : Favourite game setups and tyre heat

Knight451
28-09-2017, 09:51
When setting up a race we have the option to choose from 4 different favourites. The problem is though is we cannot set up those favourites, as far as I know. In my favourites menu there seems to be 4 random setups that I've done previously and I have the ability to save them as a favourite. I would much prefer having an empty slot that I can then create a race in and then save that. Or better yet, keep the system of having 4 previous races, and also have a 'create new' button.

Now tyre heat. Even after several laps my tyres are still a sort of greeny blue colour. I typically do rolling starts without a manual formation lap, and the tyres begin in this sort of bright green state. I assume this is where they are optimal and at their most grippy. I can never recreate that level of warmth. My tyres actually begin to cool down as I race. I mean bloody hell I'n not that slow, I'm pushing the car fairly hard and I'm also wearing the tyres so it doesn't make sense for them to be so cool. The front tyres are the worst for it, understandably as the cars are RWD ((80-90% of the time I'm driving some form of GT). When I come out the pits during practice/quali and they're at the just blue level, I can only ever increase it to that greeny blue, even when the track's warm.

REFNightmare
28-09-2017, 10:10
Tried lowering tyre pressure?