PDA

View Full Version : [RESOLVED] game deleting my saved setups

whip
28-09-2017, 11:19
in time trial i save a setup called temp and just use that to keep overwriting as my test setup, but twice today ive gone and restarted the session in time trial and my saved setups have all gone

is this a known bug?

F2kSel
28-09-2017, 11:41
It's a complete and utter mess right now sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't they do know about but they've also known about bugs in beta and they're still there from months back.

whip
28-09-2017, 12:05
deleting ppls setups is a pretty bad bug

Sankyo
28-09-2017, 12:07
Which platform?

whip
28-09-2017, 12:08
platform is pc

Sankyo
28-09-2017, 12:25
Did you confirm that the actual save file on disk is deleted?

whip
28-09-2017, 12:30
Did you confirm that the actual save file on disk is deleted?

just looked in documents, can't understand what setups are what, they are all named random numbers and letters

whip
28-09-2017, 12:32
just went back into time trial and the setup is back

Sankyo
28-09-2017, 12:34
just looked in documents, can't understand what setups are what, they are all named random numbers and letters
Yeah I think I remember that.
First, please make sure that your set-ups haven't been saved under a different track name?
Secondly, you could create a new set-up and based on the time stamp of the (unintelligble) file you should be able to confirm whether it got created and/or deleted by the game afterwards.

Cannot test this myself at the moment, so if you could quickly do this for us then that would be a great help.

just went back into time trial and the setup is back
So you sort of need to get out of TT or the game in total to get them to show (again)?

whip
28-09-2017, 12:35
Yeah I think I remember that.
First, please make sure that your set-ups haven't been saved under a different track name?
Secondly, you could create a new set-up and based on the time stamp of the (unintelligble) file you should be able to confirm whether it got created and/or deleted by the game afterwards.

Cannot test this myself at the moment, so if you could quickly do this for us then that would be a great help.

So you sort of need to get out of TT or the game in total to get them to show (again)?

i went back into time trial and the setup is back

Sankyo
28-09-2017, 12:40
i went back into time trial and the setup is back
OK so when restarting the TT session, it doesn't show your saved set-ups, only when you quit TT and start it again?

whip
28-09-2017, 12:43
OK so when restarting the TT session, it doesn't show your saved set-ups, only when you quit TT and start it again?

i was in time trial and hit the resart session button, then the setups disappeared, now ive gone back into time trial after a couple hours in the menus not playing and they are back

it wasn't every time i restart session they disappeared though, only a couple times

Sankyo
28-09-2017, 12:45
i was in time trial and hit the resart session button, then the setups disappeared, now ive gone back into time trial after a couple hours in the menus not playing and they are back

it wasn't every time i restart session they disappeared though, only a couple times

OK thanks, I've reported it as something to look into.