PDA

View Full Version : Endurance racing with driver swaps

cjhill44
28-09-2017, 11:26
So I want to try an endurance race between 3-6 hours in length and want to share driving with 'Bob' (2nd driver AI)

Really fancying the challenge of replicating the Brands Hatch 1000km in the Silk Cut Jaguar :cool:

I have read that this is pretty buggy in that the AI driver pits every few laps. I don't really want to do a 90min stint only to hand over to some nutty AI driver who feels the need for a pitstop ever 5 laps.

What experience has anyone else had who has tried this?

moeppel
28-09-2017, 11:59
Done about 5 races with bob and only noticed 1 or 2 problems where he pitted a lap after swap without any reason (no weather change or damage)
But.... he is so uncreadibly slow I had to tune down ai and get ahead about 90sec to #2 so that he would manage not to lose it in the last about 30min. Approximately losing 3sec per lap to fastest ai - depending on track of course

Machinist90
28-09-2017, 12:01
hmm you'd think the ai would match speed with ai opponents but then again their skill is spread,so if you're out of luck it's a low skill team mate you get

moeppel
28-09-2017, 12:08
hmm you'd think the ai would match speed with ai opponents but then again their skill is spread,so if you're out of luck it's a low skill team mate you get

Was thinking about that too but had the same experience over different teams, so to me for now it looks more like a fixed ai speed. Maybe it actually does depend on which team you sign and I was just not lucky. But I’d like to see some way how you could train him, by practice sessions for instance

cjhill44
28-09-2017, 13:03
hmm ok, yeah I did wonder what their speeds would be like compared to mine. Seems like they are set to be slower than the AI :confused:

SreRacha
28-09-2017, 13:45
Is there any option to pit and save ? that would be another possible solution.
Have also been thinking of doing endurance runs and was wondering about the AI, hope they can get this resolved, or i may need to recruit the wife :p