PDA

View Full Version : XBOX One Controller Impulse Triggers for PC

FrankBN
28-09-2017, 13:12
Been thoroughly enjoying Project Cars 2, pretty much living on Bathurst! Looking forward to that Holden V8 *cough*

Got to try the impulse triggers out in the Forza 7 demo and they were awesome.

I've read the posts from people asking for them on Pcars 1 but apparently there was an API issue. Will we see this in Pcars 2?

If you decide to skip this amazing feature, will you improve the weak ffb the controller has ATM in Pcars2?

Thx.

SreRacha
28-09-2017, 13:20
Got to try the impulse triggers out in the Forza 7 demo and they were awesome.

I've read the posts from people asking for them on Pcars 1 but apparently there was an API issue. Will we see this in Pcars 2?

If you decide to skip this amazing feature, will you improve the weak ffb the controller has ATM in Pcars2?

Thx.

Agreed this would be awesome!!
You can up the Vibration in controller settings default is set to 50%

Trippul G
28-09-2017, 13:28
IMO, Forza Motorsport (the ones on Xbox One, so 5, 6, and now 7) have always had very nice, very communicative feedback with a gamepad. Good to hear that that apparently hasn't been lost in translation going to PC.

PC2 I feel is a big improvement over PC1 in terms of the haptic feedback we get through the triggers (again, on XB1). However, after settling in with the game for a few days now, I'm realizing that the rest of the feedback (rumble from the road surface, in particular) feels quite numb. There's nothing there...it feels like a step backwards from PC1. I get vibration when I go over curbs, or when I shift gears, but just driving along, I get nothing...the road doesn't communicate anything with me.

*edit* I'm running with controller vibration strength set to 100, btw.

FrankBN
28-09-2017, 13:41
Agreed this would be awesome!!
You can up the Vibration in controller settings default is set to 50%

Sorry, I should have clarified, I'm running with controller vibration strength set to 100 and the force feedback is what Trippul G says it is, "Numb".

IMO, Forza Motorsport (the ones on Xbox One, so 5, 6, and now 7) have always had very nice, very communicative feedback with a gamepad. Good to hear that that apparently hasn't been lost in translation going to PC.

PC2 I feel is a big improvement over PC1 in terms of the haptic feedback we get through the triggers (again, on XB1). However, after settling in with the game for a few days now, I'm realizing that the rest of the feedback (rumble from the road surface, in particular) feels quite numb. There's nothing there...it feels like a step backwards from PC1. I get vibration when I go over curbs, or when I shift gears, but just driving along, I get nothing...the road doesn't communicate anything with me.

*edit* I'm running with controller vibration strength set to 100, btw.

I was kind of giddy when I felt the impulse triggers in Forza 7. The FFB for the xbox one controller in Forza 7 was awesome.

Hopefully there isn't some paywall stopping SMS from implementing the impulse triggers into Pcars2. TBH it was quite a let down not having impulse triggers in Pcars2 on PC.

FrankBN
28-09-2017, 15:49
Apparently steam doesn't use the latest xinput API and the new one is locked behind the UWP Api. Microsoft strikes again!