PDA

View Full Version : Automatic tire choice at Algarve - always Rain tyres [Not true]

Maurice Boeschen
28-09-2017, 14:16
I always get Rain tyre applied in a custom race with actual date (so today 28.09.2017 at 16:00) with clear conditions instead of dry hard tyre.
Other tracks are ok, found this issue only at Algarve for now.

Can you please check if the automatic tire selection is bugged?

EDIT: Issue found. Weather slot 3 is set to Rain. Game therefore loads rain tires at race start...

Trippul G
28-09-2017, 14:18
Which car/s were you using?

Maurice Boeschen
28-09-2017, 14:22
Which car/s were you using?

488 GT3, R8 GT3 and Porsche 911 GTR

Maurice Boeschen
28-09-2017, 14:28
Additional note: Only happens in custom race!
In free practice mode with the exact same weather settings and the same time of day the hard dry tire is loaded. In custom race rain tire is loaded..

Trippul G
28-09-2017, 14:29
Hmm. I've done a fair bit of running there in the 488, and though I never actually checked what kind of tires I was on, I never felt like anything was amiss (aside from the gamepad wobble bug, but that's a whole other issue). I'll check later today and see what I get.

Maurice Boeschen
28-09-2017, 14:31
Hmm. I've done a fair bit of running there in the 488, and though I never actually checked what kind of tires I was on, I never felt like anything was amiss (aside from the gamepad wobble bug, but that's a whole other issue). I'll check later today and see what I get.

at first I also didnt noticed it until after 1 lap the front tires already completely overheated and then I saw I was on rain tires...

Trippul G
28-09-2017, 14:36
at first I also didnt noticed it until after 1 lap the front tires already completely overheated and then I saw I was on rain tires...

Strange. Seems like I definitely would have noticed that. Won't be able to take a look for a few hours, but I'll see if I have the same issue.

Trippul G
28-09-2017, 22:10
Ok, I did a custom race with the GT preset. Changed to custom date (today, 9/28) at 16:00. Used the 488 GT3 at Algarve.

Practice session, Automatic by Weather, I got Hard Slicks.
Skipped to quali, same thing...hard slicks.
Skipped to Race...hard slicks.

All seems ok to me...

jimortality
28-09-2017, 22:33
I had this issue with the Indy road car I think at watkins glen. I had it on real weather and it did start to rain but after a few laps so maybe the crew were preempting the weather.

Maurice Boeschen
28-09-2017, 22:52
Ok, I did a custom race with the GT preset. Changed to custom date (today, 9/28) at 16:00. Used the 488 GT3 at Algarve.

Practice session, Automatic by Weather, I got Hard Slicks.
Skipped to quali, same thing...hard slicks.
Skipped to Race...hard slicks.

All seems ok to me...

Try race only without practice and Qualy without any preset.
I can repro this 100 % with every car.

Trippul G
29-09-2017, 02:21
I can't seem to reproduce this at all. I started with the GT preset, then disabled it. I even tried changing the number of opponents to from 29 to 25,and the number of laps from 20, down to 5.

Custom date (9/28), 16:00
Practice and quali disabled
Rolling start on/off
Formation lap on/off
Automatic by Weather

Started with Hard Slicks. Every single time.

Wonder if this is PC-specific, as I can't seem to duplicate it on XB1.

Maurice Boeschen
29-09-2017, 09:34
I found the issue!

I did a race with 4 weather slots and slot nr 3 was rain.
I think the automatic weather choice for the tires is wrong because of the rain slot. As soon as I remove that rain slot the tire loads as dry hard tire. When I add the rain slot again then the game loads rain tires at race start (but the race starts in dry conditions and the tire overheats very quickly and is almost dead when it starts to rain in lap 4 of 10).

Maurice Boeschen
01-10-2017, 11:02
Are the devs aware of this bug?...

Trippul G
01-10-2017, 12:03
I found the issue!

I did a race with 4 weather slots and slot nr 3 was rain.
I think the automatic weather choice for the tires is wrong because of the rain slot. As soon as I remove that rain slot the tire loads as dry hard tire. When I add the rain slot again then the game loads rain tires at race start (but the race starts in dry conditions and the tire overheats very quickly and is almost dead when it starts to rain in lap 4 of 10).

I'm curious...your race was only 10 laps. Does it still put you on wet tires if the race duration is longer? Say 20, 30 laps?

Someone in another thread said that he tried a timed race with a 10 hour duration and rain in the fourth slot, and the game started him on slicks, so it seems this may be race-length dependent. I'm also curious if it's dependent upon which weather slot the rain is in. So, would he have still been on slicks if rain was in the third, or second slot? And how does weather/time acceleration affect this?

So many variables...I do NOT envy the coders for this game...:ambivalence:

Maurice Boeschen
10-10-2017, 20:04
Need to up this as I saw [Not true] was added.

Well, WHAT? This IS true and is a bug in the game, what is not true with this? The game loads rain tires in a race when you set one of the 4 slots to rain. If you set the 4th slot to rain and the first 3 spots to dry then the game will launch with rain tires. Thats a bug as you would need to start with dry tires.

whip
10-10-2017, 20:48
Yeah mods like adding things to titles. Must be a power thing

Trippul G
10-10-2017, 21:47
Yeah mods like adding things to titles. Must be a power thing

More like a clarification thing. The original title of the thread suggested that automatic tire choice at Algarve would always pick rain tires, which is not true.

Trippul G
10-10-2017, 21:50
Need to up this as I saw [Not true] was added.

Well, WHAT? This IS true and is a bug in the game, what is not true with this? The game loads rain tires in a race when you set one of the 4 slots to rain. If you set the 4th slot to rain and the first 3 spots to dry then the game will launch with rain tires. Thats a bug as you would need to start with dry tires.

I agree that this needs to be looked at, but the original thread title suggested that automatic tire choice would always give you rain tires, which you yourself proved to not be true.