PDA

View Full Version : Formula B and Formula Gulf

Flins
28-09-2017, 16:26
Hi everybody

i would like to know why the formula B and Gulf are not in PC2 ?
it was so fun !

Sorry for my english

chaseydog
28-09-2017, 16:58
My guess would be licensing

Flins
28-09-2017, 17:02
But it was not SMS Cars ? No need license, isn't it ?

foolinjection
28-09-2017, 17:03
My guess would be licensing

Formula Gulf 1000 I could see being a licence issue but I was under the impression Formula B was fictional. Loosely based off of a real series but not identical to one ala Formula A and Formula C.

Trippul G
28-09-2017, 17:20
Formula Gulf is real, but IRL it only runs on 2 tracks if I'm not mistaken, both in the Middle East. Licensing may have had something to do with it but at least in the case of Formula B, leaving it out was a design decision. It's a completely fictional series, so SMS can do as they like with it. From what I recall seeing posted around here, the idea was that Formula C has been given a bit less power than in PC1, so it now slots in where Formula Gulf was. Formula Renault now essentially takes the place of Formula B, and Formula X now sits more or less atop the open wheel formula category (not considering Indycar, which is in kind of a strange position, but that's beside the point).

*edit* That being said, I do think it would be nice to have something that sits between FC and FR3.5. Future DLC, perhaps...?

3800racingfool
28-09-2017, 17:27
No idea about the Gulf, but the Formula B was so close to the Renault that it was really just redundant. And since the Renault is the licensed car and one that actually exists in real life, it logically would get the nod over the fictional FB.

foolinjection
28-09-2017, 18:16
I had actually forgotten about the Formula Renault cars, so yes that makes sense. Plus wasn't the Formula B car loosely based on GP2?... which upon further reading is defunct now anyway.

I will miss the Formula Gulf 1000 cars though. They were the go too open wheel series of me and my friends Wednesday night race meetings.

Something above Formula Ford/Rookie but with Wings would be fun to have though... Although not a competitive racing series and more focused on the engineering side of things, I always thought the Formula SAE cars looked really cool.
https://www.egr.msu.edu/sites/default/files/content/publications/Formula%20car%201010.jpg

Trippul G
28-09-2017, 21:55
Plus wasn't the Formula B car loosely based on GP2?... which upon further reading is defunct now anyway.

Not really defunct, it just became Formula 2 (either last year or the year before). Although, I'm not sure how similar/different the new cars are to the old ones, as I don't really follow it all that closely.

LukeC1991
28-09-2017, 22:35
Formula B was my favourite car in PC1, but I agree that itís close to the Renault, probably why they got rid of it. I think it was based on a Super Formula car, at least thatís what it looked like to me.

ELAhrairah
28-09-2017, 22:41
Formula B was my favourite car in PC1, but I agree that itís close to the Renault, probably why they got rid of it. I think it was based on a Super Formula car, at least thatís what it looked like to me.

Man formula B had a great feel: light, quick, responsive and intense, 1 tier before her big brother and the real deal F1.. I think it was based on what today is Formula 2. Maybe it will be back in Pcars3