PDA

View Full Version : [REPORTED] New bug for the devs - AI driver takes over mid race

cjhill44
28-09-2017, 17:33
So I set up a 15 lap race at spa with 1 mandatory stop where I plan to swap to the AI driver.

On the formation lap I set the race strategy to swap driver:on

The race gets going fine but on lap 3 half way around a corner I lose steering and throttle control and the car straightens up. At first I thought it was a problem with my wheel and pedals but then I realised the AI driver had taken over, mid corner!

Do you guys test these things? How many more bugs are we going to find?

The silver lining being that When he pitted I did take over again and actually had a good race to the end

peterCars
29-09-2017, 02:27
sounds like the poltergeist bug - lol, or the CIA backdoors since 2004 cars.

Tyl3n0L
29-09-2017, 02:35
It didn't happen to me but I was witness in a online game where few people (3-4) were saying the same thing. AI took over in mid race and it was impossible for them to finish the race.

man, Stephen Hawking and Elon Musk were right all along...

Ian Bell
29-09-2017, 02:52
We'll take a look. A few more reports would be useful.

Sentry87
29-09-2017, 03:05
We'll take a look. A few more reports would be useful.

Standard PS4, custom race. Happened at Imola and possibly Brands Hatch. During formation lap brought up pit menu, selected driver swap 'on' so a.i. takes over my mandatory pit stop. Shortly after (maybe lap 2 or 3) a.i. takes over my car (without me pitting). No steering animation for the a.i. when he takes over. Not sure if this is related by opponent a.i. makes their mandatory pit stop early, around that time ( lap 2 or 3 of a 31 lap race).

Blake-Lee43
29-09-2017, 03:38
Had a few people say on a discord channel it happened to them after pitting.

Alan Dallas
29-09-2017, 03:58
Just completed a 2.5hrs of Daytona multi-class race. Only made one pit stop. Didn't loose control to AI but then again I didn't have Driver Swap turned on. Manual pit stops and manual formation lap were ON as well.

Roger Prynne
29-09-2017, 09:17
Is it at any particular part of the track or is it just random?

cjhill44
29-09-2017, 10:56
For me it happened at Spa on the exit of Stavelot

Lord_Flexington
29-09-2017, 12:59
Happen to me last night running TC at Texas road course during quali. Did 2 laps and then all of sudden BOOM all AI control then quali ended 13 minutes early and went right to race. Was super weird

RacingAtHome
29-09-2017, 13:19
I did the same thing at Fuji. Intended to switch to the other driver at the next stop and switched on the long straight so I didn't have to worry about it. At the start of the next lap, the AI took over as I was driving.

swivit
17-10-2017, 05:46
Just happened to me at Bathurst. Lap 2, got a warning to shift early due to engine overheating and then *poof* the ai took over. And screwed me. If my license skill goes down I may be slightly pissed.

RoseSquire
17-10-2017, 05:56
It happened to me once (pre-patch) in FR at Sakitto. It was during practice after the first turn, seemingly not due to anything I did. My solution was to press return to pits which gave me the control back if I recall correctly. Hasn't happened since. Sorry this is not as much detail as could be desired.

m355y
17-10-2017, 07:05
It's happened to me too, although I just selected swap to 'off' on the ICM and took back control without really giving it much more thought.

I actually take advantage of being able to swap drivers mid race so I can negotiate the ICM and set my pit stop strategy while the AI drives. If I'm taking advantage of a bug then it's a useful one, because trying to trawl through the pit/strategy menus while actually driving is a nightmare. There's no straight on any race track in the world long enough for that!

honespc
17-10-2017, 07:32
We'll take a look. A few more reports would be useful.Not related directly, but if you go monitoring while in boxes, the moment you quit doing that you can no longer get back to the track. The "ready" option is now greyed out.

fresquito
17-10-2017, 07:57
The other day, in a MP race, one of our guys pitted in and when he exited, the AI took the car for a lap and pitted in back, where he regained control. FR @ Long Beach, PC.

Gix916
17-10-2017, 09:56
I've also had this happen and reported it(pre patch).

mine was at Sugo in Porche Cayman GT4, felt like I was hit from behind but nobody there, then AI is driving, did 2 laps then bang again and I'm back in the car.

sirio994
18-10-2017, 12:02
It just happened to me. I selected the option during the formation lap and the AI took over 20-30 seconds in the race. PS4-LeMans-Audi LMP1(post patch 2.0)

bmanic
19-10-2017, 16:29
Happened to this streamer.

https://clips.twitch.tv/BraveNastyCrocodileUncleNox

PeteUplink
19-10-2017, 18:00
It happened to me. I was trying to navigate the ICM and selected the change driver option by accident. I deselected it right away, but after a lap the AI took control of my car.

GTP_RS172
20-10-2017, 12:10
Final race for the World Endurance LeMans 2.5 hr race setup

Marek LMP1 drove first stint 9 laps, leading by 1:30 pitted fuel only driver swap. 5 or so laps in at end of Mulsanne straight, AI Driver bugs out and I almost lose the car into the sand. Recover and drove another 2/3 laps *AI driver kicks in at Arnage ?!? Ok ICM pit at Lap 18, running on fumes *radio, coming out for Porsche Curves overtaking another car *on the right, AI boffin cannot get across to pit lane and continues. Frantic ICM button mashing ..... AI pits however *whether my mistake or not, tyres change then car moves off under my control 5/6 lts of fuel left, ARRRRRGHH!!! drive for remainder of the lap ... lose 2 places to pit, fill up and set off. Finally get back to P1 now Lap 25/26 pit for fuel, tyres and driver swap. AI kicks in a Mulsanne ?!? like WTF? Ok AI drives until 3/4 lap to go, ICM pit, fuel only driver swap. Finish the last stint 3 laps.

Physically and mentally exhausted!!!

sirio994
20-10-2017, 20:49
Have you guys find a workaround or temporany fix? Swap driver and wait that it happens? I've yet to try a long endurance race. I'm scared of the AI and bugs. It would be frustrating to have a bug like messing up the race 2-3 hours in...

christophe91
22-10-2017, 16:08
I had this bug in full right of hunaudieres I thought that the change of drivers would normally be at the stands as in PC1 but this is not the case.

Sentry87
22-10-2017, 16:24
Have you guys find a workaround or temporany fix? Swap driver and wait that it happens? I've yet to try a long endurance race. I'm scared of the AI and bugs. It would be frustrating to have a bug like messing up the race 2-3 hours in...

Yes, my work around is to select swap driver as I'm entering the pits or as my crew is refueling/ changing tires the latest.