PDA

View Full Version : Make default camera view

takaii
28-09-2017, 17:47
Is there a way to set default camera view? Even if its for one car?
Each time i start enter qualification on multiplayer my camera is bumper camera. Yet last time i drove the same car
i had cockpit camera.

AbeWoz
28-09-2017, 17:48
i noticed this last night too. seemed to remedy itself after a few sessions for me at least.

takaii
28-09-2017, 18:06
ah i see... no one knows?

Flamaros
28-09-2017, 18:20
It seems that some times the game doesn't save correctly the camera we use, I am using the helmet one for TrackIr, but sometimes it comes back to the cockpit one (the same without the helmet and trackir is disabled).

ATSS
28-09-2017, 20:03
I want this feature badly too.

FatnSlo
28-09-2017, 20:25
When at a track go to options and then select the Hud setup section and scroll through the different Hud options (cockpit, bumper, etc) to the one you want then click save. I think then you will startup in whatever cam you selected. I am be wrong though.

mister dog
28-09-2017, 20:27
Had the camera changing on me too, especially online.

weerufus
02-10-2017, 08:56
Me too, I always use cockpit camera but it resets back to helmet camera even after just a pause let alone starting a new race/session.

It would be great to permanently set the camera to cockpit then I can free up a button on my wheel (just thinking here as I'm not at my Xbox, can the camera be changed from the pause menu?? at least that way i could get a button freed up)

geg
06-01-2018, 21:52
When at a track go to options and then select the Hud setup section and scroll through the different Hud options (cockpit, bumper, etc) to the one you want then click save. I think then you will startup in whatever cam you selected. I am be wrong though.

THX that did the trick for me

Flamaros
06-01-2018, 21:57
It seems that some times the game doesn't save correctly the camera we use, I am using the helmet one for TrackIr, but sometimes it comes back to the cockpit one (the same without the helmet and trackir is disabled).

I have the same issue.

Olijke Poffer
06-01-2018, 22:40
Strange, I do not encounter such bug. Perhaps because I race in VR..

MaXyM
06-01-2018, 22:56
I'm using Vive and while I always use helmet view (SP and MP), every time I connect multiplayer game, it starts from bumper one.

zedeeyen
06-01-2018, 23:11
Same here. Didn't do this pre-patch, I believe.

Pretty minor annoyance though.

menos
07-01-2018, 02:06
This thread should be in the bug report section of the forum.
It is a bug.

The game switches sometimes back to bumper cam no matter what camera you have set. It is a bug.

It is a major annoyance as in online racing sometimes you have only seconds when placed on the grid until race start and instead on focussing on your start you have to scramble to reset the camera. I hate this bug.

Diablo_rf
01-06-2018, 08:29
I always use the cockpit view, but for some reason every time new session starts the camera set itself to the external view.
Damn this thing is annoying, especialy at the start of the race...

ATSS
01-06-2018, 08:54
I always use the cockpit view, but for some reason every time new session starts the camera set itself to the external view.
Damn this thing is annoying, especialy at the start of the race...

Same here. But sometimes its the helmet cam or bonnet, randomly chooses one the game for itself. :D

Zaskarspants
01-06-2018, 09:34
Mine stays on cockpit. I have set the HUD up so that maybe why it sticks.

davidt33
01-06-2018, 10:41
Mine stays on cockpit. I have set the HUD up so that maybe why it sticks.
I have mine set and saved in cockpit view in CAMERA configuration and HUD but it changes at times also. Not all the time but sometimes.

cpcdem
01-06-2018, 11:05
I have mine set and saved in cockpit view in CAMERA configuration and HUD but it changes at times also. Not all the time but sometimes.

After viewing replays maybe? That's when it almost always happens to me.

Atak Kat
01-06-2018, 14:15
I had a similar thing happening, that I was able to fix. I'm not sure if this will help all of you, but it's worth a try.

I'm on PS4, with T300. I always choose cockpit view and for whatever reason it would *always* change to helmet cam when I would exit the pits. Note that helmet cam is the next view in sequence after cockpit cam.
I had my 'change view' mapped to the X button on my T300. Hud cycle was mapped to the square button.
When you click 'Ready' from the pits (ie. go to track), you use the X button on the T300. For whatever reason, it seems to be taking that press of the X (Ready) and also applying it to the view when you exit the pits. The next view in the cycle is helmet cam, and everytime I'd exit pits it would go to helmet cam.

I simply changed the mapping so that X is no longer mapped to the view (I made it HUD instead). I now map camera view to the square button.
And, voila, now it works. When I hit the X button on 'ready' and exit the pits, it stays on cockpit view. It does NOT change the HUD (which is now mapped to X button), so I don't know why it was changing the cam, but not the HUD.

Worth a check in case any of you also have the cam-view mapped to the same button used to click the 'Ready' when exiting the pits.

zedeeyen
02-06-2018, 09:23
I play in VR, and so I only have access to a small number of buttons. It's nonsense that I have to assign one of them to a function I literally never want to use just because of a bug. This has been around for months BTW, I reported it when Patch 2 came out.

Oh, and I never ever watch replays, so that's not the cause either.