PDA

View Full Version : Project CARS 2 - Low Level Drivers League! (1500 and below)

Shi
28-09-2017, 20:16
TBC Online Racing League for low level drivers!

General information:
We will start at sunday 8th of October 2017! If you want to join a permanent and clean PC2 racing league I invite you to read the text below:

Our qualifying and racing times:
Germany : Every Sunday at 8 o clock p.m. until 10 o clock p.m.
UK : Every Sunday at 7 o clock p.m. until 9 o clock p.m.
USA east : Every Sunday at 2 o clock p.m. until 4 o clock p.m.
USA west: Every Sunday at 11 o clock a.m. until 1 o clock p.m.
Australia/East-Asia : Every Monday at 4 o clock a.m. until 6 o clock a.m.

We offer:
- world ranking
- driverīs hall of fame
- digital trophies
- different racing series including street cars and mixed classes
- clean racing community for low level drivers (level 1500 and below)
- driver awards
- manufacturer`s most valuable driver ranking
- youtube channel for replays
- PSN Community for private communication

If you want to join please follow the 3 steps:
1. Check our racing times above. If you really match with our times send a friend request to PS4 account: Shiroi_Dragon :cool:
2. You will be added AND you will receive an invitation to the league's PS4 community chat. Of course you need to join. ;)
3. After joining you will be familiarised to the homepage and the rules of the league (very simple I promise). :D

The most important thing is that you really match with our racing times. Reliability is highly appreciated.

Looking forward to welcome you in our low level racing league for PC2!
BUT: We use authentic assists, forced manual shifting, manual pit entrance and full penalties!

Donīt forget: Itīs no shame to be slow. Itīs no shame to drive with a game pad. YOU JUST NEED THE RIGHT LEAGUE!

Martini Da Gasalini
28-09-2017, 20:23
And do you force interior view?

Shi
02-10-2017, 20:01
No we donīt. If somebody drives more safe with another view he should be able to use it imo.

Lord_Flexington
03-10-2017, 14:08
hmm what happens if through the course of the league your level rises? im 1428 right now.

Shi
03-10-2017, 21:02
hmm what happens if through the course of the league your level rises? im 1428 right now.

We drive without active licences. If your level rises not too much I don't see a problem. I mean we all get better from time to time.

Lord_Flexington
04-10-2017, 12:28
We drive without active licences. If your level rises not too much I don't see a problem. I mean we all get better from time to time.
awesome lets link up!

Madmazz116
04-10-2017, 12:54
TBC Online Racing League for low level drivers!

General information:
We will start at sunday 8th of October 2017! If you want to join a permanent and clean PC2 racing league I invite you to read the text below:

Our qualifying and racing times:
Germany : Every Sunday at 8 o clock p.m. until 10 o clock p.m.
UK : Every Sunday at 7 o clock p.m. until 9 o clock p.m.
USA east : Every Sunday at 2 o clock p.m. until 4 o clock p.m.
USA west: Every Sunday at 11 o clock a.m. until 1 o clock p.m.
Australia/East-Asia : Every Monday at 4 o clock a.m. until 6 o clock a.m.

We offer:
- world ranking
- driverīs hall of fame
- digital trophies
- different racing series including street cars and mixed classes
- clean racing community for low level drivers (level 1500 and below)
- driver awards
- manufacturer`s most valuable driver ranking
- youtube channel for replays
- PSN Community for private communication

If you want to join please follow the 3 steps:
1. Check our racing times above. If you really match with our times send a friend request to PS4 account: Shiroi_Dragon :cool:
2. You will be added AND you will receive an invitation to the league's PS4 community chat. Of course you need to join. ;)
3. After joining you will be familiarised to the homepage and the rules of the league (very simple I promise). :D

The most important thing is that you really match with our racing times. Reliability is highly appreciated.

Looking forward to welcome you in our low level racing league for PC2!
BUT: We use authentic assists, forced manual shifting, manual pit entrance and full penalties!

Donīt forget: Itīs no shame to be slow. Itīs no shame to drive with a game pad. YOU JUST NEED THE RIGHT LEAGUE!

Where are the racing times?

Shi
11-10-2017, 11:56
Where are the racing times?

Please take a look at "Our qualifying and racing times:" in the third block above...

Shi
11-10-2017, 11:58
Report: Our first race took place at sunday and we had NO BUGS or CONNECTION PROBLEMS! This is really an improvement compared to PC1. We just had some smaller lags when a driver entered the pits.

Looking forward to the next race. I hope the choosen race tracks are free from bugs. Thanks to all participants. It was a great race, great fun. SMS - Thumbs up!

Lord_Flexington
15-10-2017, 17:39
ready today!

Shi
16-10-2017, 20:22
ready today!

Just send friend request and I invite you to the league.
Thank you.

We now have only 2 slots left.

Shi
31-10-2017, 17:52
Touring Car series ends this sunday and we still have 2 slots free.
As we drive more than just GT3 the next racing series will be "Road D"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uyi5n15UhXI
If you are interessted in our low level drivers league send friend request as described in the OP.

Thank you.
Shi

Daz555
08-11-2017, 14:07
Any chance of holding some races later in the evenings? 7pm is too early for me. Putting the kids to bed at that time!

Shi
12-11-2017, 21:39
Any chance of holding some races later in the evenings? 7pm is too early for me. Putting the kids to bed at that time!

You are on PC. We are on PS4. :ambivalence:
But anyway we need to stay with the times as they are. Sorry.

Daz555
14-11-2017, 10:48
I play PC2 on PS4, but cheers for the response.

Shi
14-11-2017, 20:30
I play PC2 on PS4, but cheers for the response.

When your kids grow up they can stay awake for 1 more hour. Then you can drive with us together. :D

DeBH
15-11-2017, 07:54
Hey,

Do you guys race every Sunday? How many racers, usually, each week?

I've always been interested in this sort of thing. Took part in it once back in the GT5 days and it was awesome.

Notably, I still only have PC1... But I'm tempted to get PC2 before the end of the year.

Shi
15-11-2017, 20:30
Hey,

Do you guys race every Sunday? How many racers, usually, each week?

I've always been interested in this sort of thing. Took part in it once back in the GT5 days and it was awesome.

Notably, I still only have PC1... But I'm tempted to get PC2 before the end of the year.

As we are casual gamer we came up with the idea of an online league for low level drivers. And yes itīs only 1 race per week. Every sunday.
If you get your PC2 copy you are welcome to join. Weīre always searching for reliable regulars.
This is how our replays look like if you are interested: www.youtube.com/watch?v=aE1DxrJrAkk

cheers Shi

DeBH
16-11-2017, 08:06
As we are casual gamer we came up with the idea of an online league for low level drivers. And yes itīs only 1 race per week. Every sunday.
If you get your PC2 copy you are welcome to join. Weīre always searching for reliable regulars.
This is how our replays look like if you are interested: www.youtube.com/watch?v=aE1DxrJrAkk

cheers Shi

Thanks for your response.

I will probably wait for the first sale on the game to grab a copy. When I do, I'll reach out.

Cheers!

HoTDoG
16-11-2017, 21:43
Think I'll be keeping an eye on this thread, been thinking about joining a team for some clean n fair racing.

Mexas
17-11-2017, 10:34
I might be interested in this! how many players have you go so far?

Shi
17-11-2017, 11:15
I might be interested in this! how many players have you go so far?

We have 8 regulars and some guests driving each sunday. Of course we would like to have more regular drivers.

Shi
24-11-2017, 11:41
We have 8 regulars and some guests driving each sunday. Of course we would like to have more regular drivers.

At sunday our Group A racing series begins and we have 5 slots free. U1500 drivers are welcome.

Nuk-Luk
27-11-2017, 20:15
I'm in British Columbia Canada and am very interested in checking this out! Who do I contact again?

Shi
29-11-2017, 11:11
I'm in British Columbia Canada and am very interested in checking this out! Who do I contact again?
Please send friend request to : Shiroi_Dragon

Pink_650S
29-11-2017, 14:52
I took a look at your website and saw that you run multiple leagues. Does every one of those race on Sundays?
I'm interested in joining, but l cant on Sundays.

Nuk-Luk
30-11-2017, 18:00
Will do! Probably get on tonight after dinner..

Shi
30-11-2017, 18:11
I took a look at your website and saw that you run multiple leagues. Does every one of those race on Sundays?
I'm interested in joining, but l cant on Sundays.

Iīm sorry we race only on sudays - casual gamers

Shi
30-11-2017, 18:12
Will do! Probably get on tonight after dinner..

Cool.

Shi
11-12-2017, 19:07
Next sunday 17th of December our season final for this year will take place on Nürburgring Nordschleife GP track combined! Low level drivers are welcome. 6 slots free!
Please check original post for details and signup.

Race on!
Shi

Shi
01-01-2018, 16:33
Happy New Year Racers!

The league for low level drivers starts into the season 2018 at sunday 7th of January!

Nearly all classes, clean racers, very cool mixed classes and 6 slots free!
If you want to join this league please check OP for detailed information!

Cheers
Shi

Shi
18-01-2018, 17:43
5 slots free! YT channel available!
Check op for league information.

iggy
19-01-2018, 03:56
I'm A1567 or something right now, but I can assure you that I would be very slow at Nürburgring Nordschleife GP track combined

Shi
19-01-2018, 11:37
I'm A1567 or something right now, but I can assure you that I would be very slow at Nürburgring Nordschleife GP track combined

You would be bored driving alone at the top of the grid.

iggy
19-01-2018, 12:51
You would be bored driving alone at the top of the grid.

I somewhat doubt it.. I mean I've turned a handfull of laps at the combined tracks, but I'm a long long way from being really good at it... if I can make it a full lap without hitting something or going way off track I'm doing really good.

Shi
22-01-2018, 11:39
I somewhat doubt it.. I mean I've turned a handfull of laps at the combined tracks, but I'm a long long way from being really good at it... if I can make it a full lap without hitting something or going way off track I'm doing really good.

Okay. Please send friend request to: Shiroi_Dragon

We start a new racing series next sunday. Historic touring cars.

airmikey
24-01-2018, 02:12
I would like to join.

Markspeed
24-01-2018, 03:14
I might like to join soon as well. But I'm current just under U1500. Not really a reflection of my ability. My first two races I had glitches, and a few wreck less drivers.

My Sundays are not yet available, but will be after February 4th.

I'm in California, PS4, DS4 driver.

Laserbeak43
24-01-2018, 04:11
I'm interested to. I get smokes in my current league s every race. Not that I mind. It might actually make me a better driver in the long run, but I'd like to race with beginners too.

Shi
24-01-2018, 11:51
Ok guys. Just send a friend request to Shiroi_Dragon
And we will try out if you are slow enough for the league. 😄

Shi
24-01-2018, 16:59
I might like to join soon as well. But I'm current just under U1500. Not really a reflection of my ability. My first two races I had glitches, and a few wreck less drivers.

My Sundays are not yet available, but will be after February 4th.

I'm in California, PS4, DS4 driver.

I will keep your spot in the starting grid.

airmikey
24-01-2018, 22:42
I'm new to sim racing and this sight, where is friend request located?

iggy
25-01-2018, 12:46
Okay. Please send friend request to: Shiroi_Dragon

We start a new racing series next sunday. Historic touring cars.

Sorry, I haven't been looking here regularly... but I will send you a friend request...

Even if I do get 'bored' ( which is probably a bit unlikely ), I would have no interest in ruining your fun... so if it turned out you were really right about my fit in the grand scheme of your races, I'd either drop out on my own, or you could feel free to let me know that it wasn't working for you all either... A big part of me just wants to get into some ongoing racing... regardless of who's good and who's not.

Shi
26-01-2018, 11:08
I'm new to sim racing and this sight, where is friend request located?

Are you playing on PS4 or PC?
Your platform info says PC.

Shi
26-01-2018, 11:11
Sorry, I haven't been looking here regularly... but I will send you a friend request...

Even if I do get 'bored' ( which is probably a bit unlikely ), I would have no interest in ruining your fun... so if it turned out you were really right about my fit in the grand scheme of your races, I'd either drop out on my own, or you could feel free to let me know that it wasn't working for you all either... A big part of me just wants to get into some ongoing racing... regardless of who's good and who's not.

Then I would say you are absolutely right with our league. As our drivers get rewarded for loyality and fairness. No matter how fast you are.

Chismania
30-01-2018, 15:27
Hi,

I am new to PC2 on PS4. GFot wheel etc and would like to get involved in some clean fair races with newbies/inexperienced racers like myself! My PS4 tag is: Chismania

How to i get involved??? :-D

Cheers guys

Shi
30-01-2018, 17:46
Hi,

I am new to PC2 on PS4. GFot wheel etc and would like to get involved in some clean fair races with newbies/inexperienced racers like myself! My PS4 tag is: Chismania

How to i get involved??? :-D

Cheers guys

Hi Chismania,

just add Shiroi_Dragon and accept the community chat invite. It also helps to check our homepage for information.
I think we reached the member limit of 16 drivers now but there is always somebody who leaves or just canīt race with us. So I think you may be added to the exclusive TBC roster.

iggy
01-02-2018, 17:29
A couple questions...

First... is it too late to change a car choice ? I wouldn't ask at all except for I don't think this series has actually started just yet...

Second... Is there changing weather in these races... and second part B , what dates and times get used in PC2 for the races... I mean is lit like the default date and/or day time when we are on the track?

iggy
01-02-2018, 17:33
Oh, and I thought of another question... rules say no reset of car... I assume this to mean reset to track. Is this true even if your upside down and/or otherwise can't move?

Shi
01-02-2018, 20:17
You can change your car at this point. After the start of the series a change is not allowed.
As we are a beginners league the weather will always set to sunny or cloudy. There wont be races in rain or snow.
The day/date of the race will always be the actual date. So in winter season the races take place with cold weather conditions.
If you really land upside down after a crash you can use the reset button, but we raced nearly 80 races with pc1 and pc2 and it never happened in all these races.

iggy
02-02-2018, 13:18
Thanks Shi... I'm currently trying to decide if I want to switch cars... the information about driving in actual date and/or cold track conditions should help me a bit. Very glad to hear no rain or snow, I figured that was the case but wanted to know for sure.

I've only been upside down once so far in PC2... I was sitting in the middle of the chicane at Monza and at the time, didn't even know how to do a reset to track. I also was trying to get my rating up , so I really didn't want to leave the race for fear of loosing 60 points or whatever it was , so I just sat there on my roof... Probably looked pretty funny to people as they drove by.

davidt33
03-02-2018, 11:57
This league sounds good and something I might be interested in. Currently I race with a fabulous fun loving group of guys in private lobby on Monday nights. Thing is they're much better/faster than I so I'm always getting beat which is an ego-buster I haver to admit, though I love the guys so much and wouldn't trade them for anything. That being said, I wouldn't mind joining another lobby on another day, preferably during the daytime as you do on the weekend. Sundays seem convenient and the time just right.... Also the session duration (not as long-winded like most others).
After struggling, yet persevering like a good soldier, on the lowly "U" rating for the longest while due to my only online racing being Monday nights compounded by racing with "aliens" and getting regular beat the majority of times, I've recently joyously graduated Safety rating from "U" to "F" to miraculously "E" currently (Skill level I think currently at 1193 or so).
.....So my question then is this.... Can I still join if I wish should you have me? I'm a fairly clean racer.
Awaiting your response.

Shi
04-02-2018, 09:50
@Davidt33
Sure you can join. You are lucky because with your entry the grid us full.
Please send add to Shiroi_Dragon

davidt33
04-02-2018, 11:06
@Davidt33
Sure you can join. You are lucky because with your entry the grid us full.
Please send add to Shiroi_Dragon

Thanks a lot @Shi bro. Will send friend request shortly soon as I fire up the PS4. So look out for the friend request and accept. My PSN ID is davidtsmith333

EDIT: Done. What's next? How do I get to see the scheduled races, details etc?
Also would you be sending race invites prior to the session and if so approx how long before? Should be able to join in today self. Cheers.

EDIT 2: Ok while I was waiting I decided to click on the URL link in your signature. This one: http://tbconlineracingliga.magix.net...20cars%202.htm (http://tbconlineracingliga.magix.net/public/project%20cars%202.htm)
Is this the website for the racing details?
I see under the menu tab "Project Cars 2" a listing for the respective car categories for respective session/s.
Under the tab "Season 2018" I see calendar of racing schedules.

What is confusing is you have as the title for this thread "Low-Level Drivers League" and that site has a different league name "TBC Online Racing League" so was wondering if was the same league or two different leagues.

One more question. What would be the name of the Chat Room for the invitation to look out for and accept/join?
(I know, many questions. Sorry but I like to be clear of things to avoid misunderstanding).

TheBaldReverend
04-02-2018, 11:34
I work shifts so unfortunately would not be able to commit to a league. Would I still be able to join the community and race against the members when they're online etc?

rcnavigated76
04-02-2018, 17:39
I’m also on a rotating shift. However, when I’m off on sundays I could race either USA West or East. Maybe a reserve roster for those like us?

SCClockDr
04-02-2018, 20:52
Great race today at Bruno. Thanks for the invite.

davidt33
04-02-2018, 20:56
Good racing guys. Thoroughly enjoyed that. The session was just right for me. Something I've been searching for for the longest while. One good session for a reasonable amount of time...i.e not long-winded...plus the day and time also good for me. Sunday... 2:00pm (3:00pm in my part of the world with U.S Est. time saving as it is right now)....2:00pm would be even better when it comes in effect.

The racing was very good quality, clean, and the racers observed good protocol where needed as far as I saw. As I said in the lobby, I was very impressed and look forward to racing with y'all more. Cheers.

iggy
05-02-2018, 02:07
I'm in USA, eastern time, I'd be interested in some additional racing on week nights I can be on most nights around 7 to 10PM eastern...

I run a lot of GT3 races, but I really like vintage racing, just often hard to find people to race with on a regular basis...

Today's race was a lot of fun... I managed to take second place, made a couple mistakes while trying to get my pit stop strategy tweaked... I didn't realize we wouldn't have time between qualifying and the race... I was fortunate I did get my racing fuel load in before the qualifying session ended.

I was majorly impressed by the winner in the Z-28, I wish I could drive one of those as fast...

davidt33
05-02-2018, 02:35
Congrats on your 2nd place Iggy. You guys were sure gunning it.
Funny thing about today is I was all geared up and waiting for my 2:00pm (my time) invite and wondering how come I wasn't getting it, forgetting US Est is on daylight saving time so US Est was one hour behind me so I had to wait until 3:00pm my time.

Shi
12-02-2018, 11:54
Sorry I can't watch the forums every day. I hope your questions have been answered. You can also use the ps4 community chat of the league to discuss everything about pc2 and the tbc league.
Cheers, Shi

davidt33
21-02-2018, 01:44
Hi @Shi (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/member.php?97287-Shi) , I would like to ask a favour. Could you please enable the race/track line in the races? Not necessarily the full line but the corner line.
I find it difficult to gauge the upcoming corners in the multitude of tracks, leading to unnecessary mistakes and possible crashes, especially considering racing at fast speeds to be as competitive as possible.
I believe it will aid towards more competitive races, promote cleaner races and more enjoyable experience.
Could you please consider and enable if possible? It will be appreciated. It's the one issue I have with the league.

Shi
21-02-2018, 11:49
As long as I can turn it off for my race I don't see a problem with that.

I know there are some fast guys in the league exeeding the U1500 level. I will watch them if they respect the fairness rule of the league. Superior drivers who don't have to leave the league because we are a beginners and casual gamers league.

SCClockDr
21-02-2018, 13:34
Hi @davidt33 (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/member.php?145294-davidt33)
I'm not a fan of using the driving line in general. I do understand its use though and don't object to its adoption. I still turn it on in rare situations like heavy fog if it's optional.

I would suggest you save replays of our events and shift your view to the faster drivers in your preferred camera location. In the replay you are looking to form a mental image of their line

For the fine points make a video as you monitor (spectate) during qualification or practice. In the video you are looking for landmarks where the driver lifts, brakes, turns in, and aims on exit. For the first 3 I look for a natural range ( pair of distinct features at different distances ) that converge & diverge as one progresses along the track. Prioritize ranges in your natural eye line if possible. The aim target for exit purposes should be a feature easily identified in your peripheral vision so you can judge it.

Also pay attention to their brake and accelerator modulation. It is a key to carrying speed and employing handling characteristics of your ride.

I never use the surface level distance signs as they are removable in an accident.
I must confess that I did use the line in the beginning. Even thinking I needed it but I finally got into online lobby racing and found several hosts I liked that turned all aids off. It was a key to becoming faster.

Edit: I realized late, the Speedo is not available in replay.

Yes you are giving up some qualification time, but the knowledge gained will be worth it & starting in the back might help to avoid a "big one" in turn one.

iggy
21-02-2018, 13:56
Well having a 'guest' who's got a 1770 rating doesn't help much.

I know I was pretty fast compared to the group as a whole. However, i think to some degree this most recent series was a bit of an anomaly. I like to drive vintage cars , and to some degree have a knack for it... but most importantly... well to be honest, the Jaguar E-Type car is a beast... probably shouldn't even be allowed in a race against the likes of those Nissan. I know for sure, I can't go anywhere near as fast in a the other cars in that class...

I think the GT4 cars should be much closer , although I can tell you from my own experience in trying to figure out which one I want to drive, their are some major differences in which ones suit my own needs and skills. It's proving to be tricky for me to figure out which one I want to drive. Right now I'm leaning toward the Ginetta... the Porsche is faster in some ways, but also harder to drive in other ways... The Austin Martin is quite fast too, maybe slightly more comfortable to drive than the Porsche.

I wonder if there could be some way to handicap cars/drivers... so that guys who are better than others either compete with each others of similar skills, but are still racing with the same group which includes other drivers who are of a skill level of their own. Sort of like a multi class car race, but without actually having different types of cars... I know it could get complicated to try and figure out who should be in what 'group' of skill. Maybe some sort of 'breakout' times where you automatically get pushed up a class if you exceed some threshold on more then a few occasions.

I can tell you right now, that I put in a lot of practice for those vintage GTA races... I won't have time to put that kind of effort into it all on a ongoing basis.

On a side note.... I love that 66 Mustang... a lovely car to drive... but it's lack of power makes it very challenging to go really fast in. The 69 Camaro is super powerful, but wow that thing is a handful to drive fast... the Jaguar is just on another level in terms of power to weight. The Ferrari is fast... but wow, you have to do a lot of shifting. All in all I had a blast running that VGTA series.

For me, while I did end up doing quite well , I know there are at least two others in the group that have skills that are easily a match for mine, possibly well beyond mine if we were all in the same cars. I did previously say that I would get out if it was interfering with other people's fun, and I will if that's the case.

iggy
21-02-2018, 14:03
Driving - line

I found it useful when I was getting started... however and as SCClockDr has said... in fog I still would probably find it helpful... However, in daylight, your much better off with it turned off... If you look at the road surface you can usually get a lot of clues about the driving line and breaking points. As I have progressed in my skills, I can assure you that I would do much worse with driving line on, than off.

Having said that, I can see very little downside to allowing people to choose to use it or not in a race. As long as it's not forced on people, I don't know of a good reason to not allow it for people who want it. I've thought about it a bit myself when I set up a lobby, and the only reason at all that I could ever think of for allowing it, was the possibility that a driver get so caught up in using it , that they ignored the other things that were going on around them.

SCClockDr
21-02-2018, 14:59
For the GT4 series, the Ginetta Otto Motor Oil #95, please.

davidt33
21-02-2018, 17:34
As long as I can turn it off for my race I don't see a problem with that.

I know there are some fast guys in the league exeeding the U1500 level. I will watch them if they respect the fairness rule of the league. Superior drivers who don't have to leave the league because we are a beginners and casual gamers league.
If the driving line is enabled by the host (whether for full or corners), Yes you have the option to turn it off or on. Everyone has the option but if it is not enabled by host then there's no option.
How it works I believe is once it is enabled by the host, whatever setting each user has already in their options re Driving Line (including yourself) remains so there would be no need for you or anyone else to change per race. Thanks for the consideration.

And to all who suggested tips, thanks. Yes I already am aware and try at times but because there are so many different tracks it's difficult to memorise landmarks etc for each. All I'm saying is that it's good to have the option for those who wish to use and may also avoid mishaps. Those who prefer not to use the option it's no problem either as their driving line option (Off or On) would remain intact as per their respective option setting/preference, race to race.

Shi
21-02-2018, 18:17
@ SCClockDr - Please post a picture of your choice into the communit chat so I can use this in the next replay video. Thank you.

@ Iggy - no worries. Letīs see how the upcoming racing series goes. We will find out who is fast and who is not.

SCClockDr
21-02-2018, 18:50
@ SCClockDr - Please post a picture of your choice into the communit chat so I can use this in the next replay video. Thank you.
...I'm not finding the community chat. I can find the Community Wall & our 2 party chat though.

Shi
21-02-2018, 19:32
I'm not finding the community chat. I can find the Community Wall & our 2 party chat though.

Community Wall is what I meant. Sorry.

SCClockDr
21-02-2018, 22:40
Not a problem Pic going up as soon as the PS4 boots.

iggy
22-02-2018, 17:30
I put my picture of the lucky #13 Ginetta that I intend to drive in the upcoming series on the PS4 Community Wall...

FYI - In my practice so far at Sonoma ... AI drivers at 85% can run 1:41 second laps... I forget the amount of time they take on a lap with pit stop, but I'm sure it adds at least 30 seconds when they do make a stop. I personally have manged at least one or two laps in the high 1:41 second range, but those are few and far between and it's virtually impossible for me to not make mistakes when trying that hard. Heck, I can't even get through an entire 35 lap race at this point without making at least one mistake that would cost me 10 seconds or more... at times I feel comfortable with 1:43 second laps, but again, I can't really run 35 laps at even that pace without spinning on one or more laps. Sonnoma just doesn't seem to have anyplace you can relax... except maybe in the 35 seconds or so that it takes for your car to drive down pit lane during a stop. Going to be a tough race for sure, unless you have full concentration during the entire 35 laps, your not likely to get through it without a spin.... at least I'm not ( but then I haven't actually made it through a single race yet without at least one bobble , even at Le Mans which I did quite well at, I had one off track excursion that I was just very lucky didn't cost me a bunch of time, or damage.)

iggy
23-02-2018, 15:56
Some further thoughts on trying to find a way where more experienced , more talented, or just more prepared drivers to compete in the same race(s) as those who do not have time or ability to figure out how to go a lot faster...

I wonder if there could be a scheme developed where there is some baseline lap time that would define if your a high level driver, or a lower level driver... and then give out points based on how well individual drivers do for their own skill level.

For example. I often use AI at 80% as a bench mark for my driving. I think at Senoma , 80% AI can likely turn a lap of about 1:42... And, they can do that all race long, without hardly ever making a mistake ( something I myself can't do at this point ). But lets say I improve to the point where I can run more then half the laps faster than 1:42, maybe that would make me a 'high' level of driver... where someone who only rarely turned a 1:42, or maybe never actually did that would be considered a 'low' level driver. At that point the people who are faster get defined as high level , and they compete with each other with their own points system... and those who are low level are only being 'scored' against the others who are also low level drivers.

Right now, I can tell you that the person's SMS based racer rating thing, is not really a really good judge of how good a person is. If I were to always race a single track ( which I did for a long time ( Red Bull Ring GP) using the same type of car ( GT3 in my case ) ) I could eventually start making my user rating go higher and higher... Yet, if the same driver were to start racing at all kinds of tracks, and try all kinds of new car types... they're rating would plummet to well well bellow 1500.

Either way, I do think it would be worth looking into ways that people could compete , but make it relative to their own skills. I mean, like in many sports.. golf, bowling, etc... people have 'averages' and the amount of points they get during league play is modified based on their average scores and such. It really would be great to have something similar in these types of car races.

SCClockDr
23-02-2018, 16:12
Once we have 3 or 4 championships under our belt, I would propose the championship podium holders get prompted to the next level or become team leaders. If there are significant repeats then dip 1 or 2 positions lower.
The team thing could start a bit sooner & that could promote mentorship to the developing drivers.
Regardless there will always be drivers that excel and others that progress more slowly & we must start somewhere.
JMHO & worth what you paid for it.

iggy
26-02-2018, 12:54
Great race yesterday... just before the start of the actual race, 5 minutes left in qualifying, I had this brilliant idea that I was going to clear out my PC2 replay saves ( I had forgot to do it earlier )... when I went to see if I could do it outside of leaving the event/lobby, I accidentally said 'yes' to shutting down PC2... So then I'm like panicking as PC2 starts up again... waiting through the startup screens seemed like it was taking forever, I wasn't sure I'd be able to join again... I did join, with like 2:30 minutes left in qualifying, my previous qualifying position ( 4th or 5th) was gone... barely enough time to do shakedown lap and one qualifying lap... I managed to get a 10th place spot on the grid, but then I wasn't at all sure I'd be ready for the race, fortunately for me, someone was still out on track so I got back into pits and did get a pit strategy setup and such...

Near the start of the race, I got a bit of damage after a off track excursion with Shi, I could already see it was going to be hard to get around Shi without causing some sort of even worse incident, so I rolled the dice I pitted the next lap, fixed the damage and went back out on track... at that point I had clear track for a long set of laps and pushed about as hard as I personally can without too much fear of making mistakes... Next thing I know , Asshallcrew was in the pits... he must have been involved in some sort of incident himself... I think The_Camel was still out on track making blistering lap times.... I manged to get around a few slow guys that I came upon without much incident , my lap times were pretty good, no signs of problems... next thing I know Asshallcrew is flying up behind me, I tried to hang or at least stay close after he blew on past me, but I had absolutely nothing to keep up... Eventually I came back upon Shi , who was in his own heated battle with someone ( Can't remember who )... Shi gave me a lot of room on the one big sweeping corner on the far end of the track, I wasn't really ready at the time, but did manage to get past him... but then I had to get past the one he was racing with... I got past them too ( 'm 999% certain they let me by... After that, it's sort of a blur, I thought maybe Asshallcrew might make some mistake at the speeds he was going, but that proved to be nothing but wishful thinking on my part, and ended up , something like 30 seconds behind Asshallcrew, and some 45 seconds or something like that behind The_Camel....

Wow... action packed race... I had a lot of fun and am grateful I didn't get into any real issues aside from my early battle with Shi.

I'm pretty sure that Sonoma was likely the best opportunity for the Ginetta in this series... I think the next to track have longer straights where the relatively low maximum power of the Ginetta will fall victim to the higher power cars in this GT4 class...

Anyway , I had another great time racing in the TBC online racing league...

davidt33
26-02-2018, 16:50
Sorry I wasn't able to start the race but it was not by choice. Towards the end of practice/qualifying I pulled aside and clicked "Return to pit" to just wait a little bit before the start of race. In pit on the screen showing the list of drivers the names etc appeared off-registered and I realised it was stuck and wasn't responding to any button clicks with the wheel. Tried to power on the PS4 controller to see if it would input any commands with no joy. I was mad vex. By the time I scrambled to reboot the PS4 etc it was too late and I got locked out of the race. That was a bummer as I was really looking forward to racing having put in beforehand a good many practice runs and tuning for the session.

iggy
26-02-2018, 17:08
Sorry I wasn't able to start the race but it was not by choice. Towards the end of practice/qualifying I pulled aside and clicked "Return to pit" to just wait a little bit before the start of race. In pit on the screen showing the list of drivers the names etc appeared off-registered and I realised it was stuck and wasn't responding to any button clicks with the wheel. Tried to power on the PS4 controller to see if it would input any commands with no joy. I was mad vex. By the time I scrambled to reboot the PS4 etc it was too late and I got locked out of the race. That was a bummer as I was really looking forward to racing having put in beforehand a good many practice runs and tuning for the session.

That's interesting... Early in qualifying, I had a pretty good lap, I wasn't really sure I could do much better, so I came back in the pits, at one point I started to 'monitor' other cars... I cam across one car that was off track, and it was sitting there, wheels spinning, like it was four wheel drive and stuck so badly it could not move... I thought to myself that was very strange... I don't know if that was your car or not... but after you mentioned your issues, it reminded me of what I had observed.

davidt33
26-02-2018, 17:24
That's interesting... Early in qualifying, I had a pretty good lap, I wasn't really sure I could do much better, so I came back in the pits, at one point I started to 'monitor' other cars... I cam across one car that was off track, and it was sitting there, wheels spinning, like it was four wheel drive and stuck so badly it could not move... I thought to myself that was very strange... I don't know if that was your car or not... but after you mentioned your issues, it reminded me of what I had observed.
Could very well have been mine although it was supposed to have been in pit. Possibly a glitch.

davidt33
11-03-2018, 13:07
I'm so looking forward to today's racing and more so that USA (Est) Daylight Saving Time is now equalised with my neck of the woods. No more for me to be calculating 1 hour more to the stated racing time. Amen.

Shi
12-03-2018, 19:38
I'm so looking forward to today's racing and more so that USA (Est) Daylight Saving Time is now equalised with my neck of the woods. No more for me to be calculating 1 hour more to the stated racing time. Amen.

You had a pretty clean and lonely race. Some defends against pushing racers from the field behind.

As we transfered 2 drivers to the Half-Fast-racers we have 2 slots free (if I count correctly)
I would like to fill the gaps with some casual drivers. Itīs not enough to search for racers below level 1500. They really have to be slow, making mistakes and driving carefully/apprehensive. Fast drivers will be moved on to the Half-Fast-Racing league anyway...

davidt33
12-03-2018, 21:42
You had a pretty clean and lonely race. Some defends against pushing racers from the field behind.

As we transfered 2 drivers to the Half-Fast-racers we have 2 slots free (if I count correctly)
I would like to fill the gaps with some casual drivers. Itīs not enough to search for racers below level 1500. They really have to be slow, making mistakes and driving carefully/apprehensive. Fast drivers will be moved on to the Half-Fast-Racing league anyway...
Yeah I quite enjoyed the race. Started way back from qualifying and was happy to catch up some during race. Had one obstacle with someone colliding with me in the earlies (no probs, it happens) but I soldiered on like a good soldier and happy at the end to make 6th. Had some good battles with somebody whose name escapes me right now. It was sure good fun. I'm gonna check Youtube soon as I see you have the replay up.
I look forward to racing with y'all on Sundays.

What happened with the start time though? I thought US East Daylight saving thingy was supposed to be changed back as from early Sunday morning. When I catered for that the session didn't start until one hour later as usual as though the clock change thing wasn't factored.

RussDriver1
13-03-2018, 23:47
Is this site still racing for 2018

Shi
15-03-2018, 11:49
Is this site still racing for 2018

Yes it is. We race pc2 until the servers go offline.

Arazok
15-03-2018, 14:57
When is the next race session planned ?

Arazok
15-03-2018, 15:01
Ok, got it: Every sunday 8 - 10 pm for Germany !

davidt33
18-03-2018, 23:57
What a waste of time this Sunday 18th March was for me. It was extremely frustrating. I don't know if it was the track Sakitto International (I think that is one of the tracks I hate) or my choice of car the McLaren F1 or a combination of both.
I did a good many practice runs during the week prior to race day including the morning of, and from the onset I just couldn't get a good handle negotiating the corners of which this particular track has a multitude of close-nitted sharp corners. The McLaren F1 seemed very unstable around the corners slipping with what seemed to be oversteer I was literally tip-toeing before and around the corners. I wondered if I chose the wrong car. It seemed zippy, maybe too powerful for the short length straights and curves and very unstable cornering. I tried all sorts of adjustments via the Race Engineer which in the end may have helped a teeny weeny bit but in the end not much at all. I thought well I'd already picked the car so I'd have to live with it and just try and take it easy on race day hoping for the best.

It was so freaking frustrating I ended up doing something I hate to do, which was to retire from the race. This I think was the first time ever I retired from an online private lobby race, just to tell you how I don't usually do something like that. This was close to the end with 5-4 or so laps to finish. By about the fifth-to last lap to compound matters I got a suspension damage notification from Crew Chief and just didn't have the heart to continue any more such was the frustration. In order to ease the frustration and also not to make a nuisance of myself to other racers I thought it best to hang up my hat and call it George. To anyone I may have caused a nuisance to please accept my deepest apologies. I will never again race on that devil track Sakitto International with the McLaren F1. Matter of fact I'd prefer not to race on Sakitto International again if I can avoid it.

@iggy (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/member.php?158150-iggy) I think you raced with the McLaren F1 didn't you? Or was it something else? If so, I'm curious to know what was your experience (or anyone else who raced with it) on the track.

senna94f1
19-03-2018, 09:27
I am part of half fast racing ,

And noticed that indeed you do ask them if they are too fast to move over to half fast racing ,
But that league was stopped a while ago and with the help from 2 or 3 of us the second race was Sunday yesterday ,

The half fast racing is made up of a mixture of very fast sim racers and not so very fast sim racers ,but damage is set to full with tyre wear X 2 ,

Which means no dive bombing , hence it also means putting some practice laps in a day before race,

Any league should be taken seriously as most as around 1 to 2 hours race times ,

The more you practice the better and faster you will be ,

Plus Pcars 2 is far more a sim racer then pcars1 ,which is why the game is so popular but more difficult to actually race fast and clean ,

rm1c1c
21-03-2018, 21:42
What a waste of time this Sunday 18th March was for me. It was extremely frustrating. I don't know if it was the track Sakitto International (I think that is one of the tracks I hate) or my choice of car the McLaren F1 or a combination of both.

hi david,just to jump in here,its not the car;lol. the track is really hard especially with that type of cars.i have had a struggle with carrera gt same as you with your car,felt mostly like on ice.i am dreading to drive that track again as it was like a hard manual labor LOL

davidt33
22-03-2018, 00:24
hi david,just to jump in here,its not the car;lol. the track is really hard especially with that type of cars.i have had a struggle with carrera gt same as you with your car,felt mostly like on ice.i am dreading to drive that track again as it was like a hard manual labor LOL
Thanks bro. I was wondering if it was me alone or if I was such a terrible driver.

rm1c1c
22-03-2018, 14:45
Thanks bro. I was wondering if it was me alone or if I was such a terrible driver.

no bro its not just you :) lets c how it goes this sunday.

davidt33
26-03-2018, 01:56
Hi @Shi (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/member.php?97287-Shi) , could you please include in post #1, the following race conditions you as host have set for the racing league. It is not currently stated, there is no way to know in lobby screen and as a result some may not be sure as to what the conditions are:

Main Settings:

Damage – (Is this set to "Visual Only​" or Damage "ON"?)
Mech Failures – (Is this set to "OFF​" or "ON"?).... I may have realised today this is "ON". Long story.
Tire Wear – (Is this set to "Authentic, or other?)​
Fuel – (Is this set to "Real​" or other?)
Penalties - ("ON​" or "OFF"?)

pyrates
27-03-2018, 09:49
Just sent a friend request. Is it still possible to join?

Shi
31-03-2018, 08:35
Hi @Shi (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/member.php?97287-Shi) , could you please include in post #1, the following race conditions you as host have set for the racing league. It is not currently stated, there is no way to know in lobby screen and as a result some may not be sure as to what the conditions are:

Main Settings:

Damage – (Is this set to "Visual Only​" or Damage "ON"?)
Mech Failures – (Is this set to "OFF​" or "ON"?).... I may have realised today this is "ON". Long story.
Tire Wear – (Is this set to "Authentic, or other?)​
Fuel – (Is this set to "Real​" or other?)
Penalties - ("ON​" or "OFF"?)

Hi David,
sorry I am visiting the forums very unregulary:

- Full damage ON
- Mech failures ON
- tire wear AUTHENTIC
- fuel consuption REAL
- penalties ON (5 times until drive through penalty)

Shi
31-03-2018, 08:37
Just sent a friend request. Is it still possible to join?

Yes it is. There is 1 slot free for the GTE championship.

davidt33
31-03-2018, 13:01
Hi David,
sorry I am visiting the forums very unregulary:

- Full damage ON
- Mech failures ON
- tire wear AUTHENTIC
- fuel consuption REAL
- penalties ON (5 times until drive through penalty)
Thanks a bunch for the info bro. Very useful to know. Cheers.

Mincepie10
03-04-2018, 13:12
Is this league still going? Can anyone join?

davidt33
15-04-2018, 13:41
Hi @Shi (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/member.php?97287-Shi) Could you double-check something please?
In your HOST settings...."WAIT FOR RACE READY INPUT", do you have this On or Off?
Reason for asking is in-between sessions "Qualifying...Racing" as it stands, if my memory serves me right, once the Qualifying period has ended it jumps straight to Racing Start leaving racers no opportunity to double-check their tuning and pit setups to ensure fuel etc and pit stop strategy or whatever is where they want it to be or to confirm before the actual race.

If it is set to "OFF" as I believe it is, there is no opportunity. If set to "ON" (or YES) at least it gives just about a minute or two via countdown for racers to double-check, make whatever adjustments and/or confirm....which could be very useful.

Could you double-check and set this to "ON" if possible? It will be appreciated if you could do this.

pyrates
15-04-2018, 14:35
Hi @Shi (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/member.php?97287-Shi) Could you double-check something please?
In your HOST settings...."WAIT FOR RACE READY INPUT", do you have this On or Off?
Reason for asking is in-between sessions "Qualifying...Racing" as it stands, if my memory serves me right, once the Qualifying period has ended it jumps straight to Racing Start leaving racers no opportunity to double-check their tuning and pit setups to ensure fuel etc and pit stop strategy or whatever is where they want it to be or to confirm before the actual race.

If it is set to "OFF" as I believe it is, there is no opportunity. If set to "ON" (or YES) at least it gives just about a minute or two via countdown for racers to double-check, make whatever adjustments and/or confirm....which could be very useful.

Could you double-check and set this to "ON" if possible? It will be appreciated if you could do this.

I agree, this is actually quite important.

davidt33
15-04-2018, 15:12
I agree, this is actually quite important.
Let's hope he sees it in time. He says he visits his forum very unregularly.

pyrates
15-04-2018, 15:38
I am not sure how it was set up last time actually.

iggy
16-04-2018, 12:17
Not sure if Shi intentionally wanted no time to get ready between qualifying and the race or not, but if you understand ahead of time that you need to have your setup and pit strategy all ready to go, it's generally not a big problem...

One of the only things I can see that it stops from happening, is if someone was running qualifying setup in the closing minutes of qualifying, and doesn't get back to the pits to switch it to their race setup... that could easily ruin a race for the person.

So, anyway I've gotten used to the notion that you need to get all that setup and squared away before the end of qualifying.

I do wonder however, if getting rid of that situation might somehow allow people who were disconnected during qualifying to maybe find their way back into the lobby before the race.

on the issue of disconnects... Wow, it's really getting annoying. I managed to stay connected at Nurburgring GP and nothing to show for it because the race was abandoned... they yesterday I got disconnected about half way through qualifying... as I recall I was about 5th or 6th on the grid at the time. I tried everything to get re-connected and could not get re-connected. About half the time I got into the lobby, it was showing 0 of 16 spots were filled, even though I could see there were 10 or more people in the lobby. I switched internet providers ( I have two different internet providers at my home ), I rebooted, nothing was working. Eventually after the race actually got started , I managed to get in to spectate... and that stayed connected. Near as I know, this has nothing to do with the race director or series... But I do wonder if maybe having a short time between qualifying and the race would do anything at all to reduce this type of thing from happening.

It's really frustrating to spend time practicing and such, only to be disconnected. I suspect this is 100% a Sony Playstation Network problem... and just really really getting tired of seeing it ruin a race weekend and all the time put into prep for them.

pyrates
16-04-2018, 12:51
I do wonder however, if getting rid of that situation might somehow allow people who were disconnected during qualifying to maybe find their way back into the lobby before the race.

Unfortunately that wouldn't help. Once qualifying is closed you cannot join anymore even with the pre race screen.

The disconnects are really a shame and are incredibly frustrating. :(

davidt33
16-04-2018, 16:45
......It's really frustrating to spend time practicing and such, only to be disconnected. I suspect this is 100% a Sony Playstation Network problem... and just really really getting tired of seeing it ruin a race weekend and all the time put into prep for them.
You can say that again.

Ba11y
04-05-2018, 19:04
Just read that in 80 races noone tipped over . Damn ive had less than 10 races and been on my roof twice haha

pyrates
05-05-2018, 10:08
Just read that in 80 races noone tipped over . Damn ive had less than 10 races and been on my roof twice haha

Well, that got to be some kind of record in itself. Lots of bad luck.
Here is an idea. When I was little there were remote controlled cars that had this large wheels so you could tip them over and drive on either side. That might be a good car choice. :p

davidt33
06-05-2018, 20:47
Aye what kind of bullshit racing that was today man? Too many unnecessary collisions on a perfectly good track. C'mon now y'all can do much better than that.
Crashing from the get go, just when I thought I'd escaped the wreck fest ahead at the start someone shortly after bumped me off the track into a wall or whatever causing according to Crew Chief major suspension damage with front bumper dangling all over the place and having to limp through the session with a steering wheel that was now off-center. Then later on in lap 7 ((((BAMMM))))) another one caused by over-zealousness which was not the last of them. Try and be a little more mindful of others guys as often more haste less speed.

Iggy sorry you had to retire from early o'clock bro. I felt your pain.

simsimsheree
15-05-2018, 10:50
There's only one thing ever going to clean up online racing...

A hard and fast rule that you MUST return the position to anyone you hit and pass.

And that would take hosts who give a cr*p about more than where they qualify and start. Sadly lacking online in public rooms.

I hate to rain on PC2's sim parade, but I got more clean racing in one day on GT6 than I have had in months of playing PC2. Sim that!

pyrates
15-05-2018, 13:15
There's only one thing ever going to clean up online racing...

A hard and fast rule that you MUST return the position to anyone you hit and pass.

And that would take hosts who give a cr*p about more than where they qualify and start. Sadly lacking online in public rooms.

I hate to rain on PC2's sim parade, but I got more clean racing in one day on GT6 than I have had in months of playing PC2. Sim that!

Uhmm, that comment from David was concerning a private league in which one race got a bit messy. These things happen sometimes. How you make that a general PC2 issue is really beyond me.