PDA

View Full Version : Real Life Road Cars steering rotation racks in pc2

honespc
28-09-2017, 20:29
I see in the game some cars like the Enzo and the Veneno come with a 1040 rotation rack, right the same than let's say wayyy older ones such as the RUF CTR Yellowbird and the F40. I have to say I didn't expect these two modern hypersport models (and many others in this game that are very modern too) to come equipped with such old fashioned (for modern high performance cars standards) steering racks. Do they in real life instead of the 720 or 900 I was actually expecting them to have?, or here we are facing the steering rotation bug from the first pc1 once again?.

I have also noticed a case on the opposite side. The Bentley in pc1, the 2015 version in pc2 now had 540 rotation, and in pc2 has like 420 or so.

It's the case of the Bentley that made me doubt about what I told in the first paragraph. Are steering racks in pc2, specially in road cars true to their real life counterparts?

TylerDurden4321
28-09-2017, 21:17
I know that the Aventador in real life has variable ratio steering that changes turns lock-to-lock and linearity and power-steering feel depending on the "mode" (like "sport" or "corsa").
It doesn't change by much though - from 750 to 860 (not considering the linearity here). Assetto Corsa models the Super Veloce model with 800 degrees.

So, 1040 seems unlikely even for a "parking" mode. How did you measure the 1040 by the way? Can you tell "20 degrees off center"??

honespc
28-09-2017, 21:40
I know that the Aventador in real life has variable ratio steering that changes turns lock-to-lock and linearity and power-steering feel depending on the "mode" (like "sport" or "corsa").
It doesn't change by much though - from 750 to 860 (not considering the linearity here). Assetto Corsa models the Super Veloce model with 800 degrees.

So, 1040 seems unlikely even for a "parking" mode. How did you measure the 1040 by the way? Can you tell "20 degrees off center"??have my wheel set at 1080. It steers until reaching that angle (1040, like olf good F40, RUF yellowbird etc) either while on the move or parked.

Many other modern cars in pc2 that I presume they should feature racks between 720 and 900 have full rotation on my wheel (minus 40) as well, and I think the Audi R8 also has it in this game, and it's totally wrong I know for sure.

Is this the wheel rotation/physics bug from pc1 messing around again?, or just developer wrong default steering tune adjustments that need to be readjusted?. I don't actually think modern hypersports like the Aventador, the Enzo, and other super-sports like the R8 have 1040 racks.

Also, the Bentley GT3 in pc1 having 540, and now in pc2 (the 2015 version from pc1) 420 more or less makes me suspicious of something going wrong regarding steering racks once again.

Bug or wrong dev default steering setup?