PDA

View Full Version : Cars looses power

Vitalricker
28-09-2017, 20:44
car spits and sputters and looses power going over corner curbs

Apoc112
28-09-2017, 20:47
Probably traction control kicking in, as kerbs tend to upset your traction. Try reducing or turning it off and see if it persists

taatguna
28-09-2017, 21:50
All i wish is an update tomorrow to play this game for the weekend

FTW Leceur
28-09-2017, 21:56
Is a bug in the game. I have it also and so do others and have all assists off.

Vitalricker
28-09-2017, 22:54
I will try that thanks

Pedro Almeida
29-09-2017, 11:55
Same problem here...does anyone have a clue? This did not happen on PC1

Bealdor
29-09-2017, 11:56
As Apoc alredy posted, that's the TC kicking in.

Just Another Frog
29-09-2017, 12:20
There's a setting in tuning under the 'engine' tab called "Traction Control" which is active even if the assist is off. A low setting = more traction assist so if you're finding the engine dying during cornering then make this value much higher.

If I remember correctly the Formula C car default setting was 10% and with TC off and SC on the engine was dying a lot, but moving the slider to 85% all but removed this problem (the minor engine dips being down to the stability management)

Juiced46
29-09-2017, 15:10
There's a setting in tuning under the 'engine' tab called "Traction Control" which is active even if the assist is off. A low setting = more traction assist so if you're finding the engine dying during cornering then make this value much higher.

If I remember correctly the Formula C car default setting was 10% and with TC off and SC on the engine was dying a lot, but moving the slider to 85% all but removed this problem (the minor engine dips being down to the stability management)

Are you positive it is active with the Assist shut to off? With the assist on, you get the TC light lit up and flashes when TC is applied. With it off, that light is ghosted. Even with a car with TC, with the assist off but TC % adjusted in the tuning menu, I have seen no difference, but I will admit, I have not spent a ton of time testing it. I may be wrong.

Dameyon
29-09-2017, 19:10
I've had two other friends experience something similar. They're supposed to do videos later, showing exactly what happens.

beetes_juice
29-09-2017, 19:12
Its TC. Move the TC setting up in the engine tab.

Just Another Frog
29-09-2017, 20:04
Are you positive it is active with the Assist shut to off? With the assist on, you get the TC light lit up and flashes when TC is applied. With it off, that light is ghosted. Even with a car with TC, with the assist off but TC % adjusted in the tuning menu, I have seen no difference, but I will admit, I have not spent a ton of time testing it. I may be wrong.

You may have a point here. I've just tried a few other cars myself and if there is difference it's nominal at best. I've only been racing Formula C so as not to spoil the game until it works better and that TC alteration most definately does remove the engine problem when it's dragged towards 100% so i just assumed it was "good for one, good for all''.

Juiced46
29-09-2017, 20:33
Its TC. Move the TC setting up in the engine tab.

With TC OFF in the Gameplay assist menu, is TC still active in the car if the car comes with it?

Casey Ringley
29-09-2017, 20:55
No. TC Off in the Gameplay menu means off all the time. TC On defaults to on and lets you toggle. Authentic lets you toggle and defaults to on if the real car has a TC system.

Juiced46
29-09-2017, 21:44
No. TC Off in the Gameplay menu means off all the time. TC On defaults to on and lets you toggle. Authentic lets you toggle and defaults to on if the real car has a TC system.

Thank you for the clarification.

llE mc2
30-09-2017, 00:16
engine traction control? this is news to me will have investigate.