PDA

View Full Version : PC2 for Rally X alone was worth it for me

Madhun67
28-09-2017, 20:53
As title says ...............even if thats all it had ,this sim is amazing.It will take years to get through all this content! Glad to be able to afford and enjoy this much fun.
Blows away anything in regards to rally physics and the way the cars are intuitive to drive.So so happy,and thanks for a great job with the rally cross.Hope the future holds more rally content and sims.

PS: I just checked ,and i registered,-though havent posted much, back in 2011 !Had tons of fun with with PC1

Cladandadum
28-09-2017, 21:12
I have to agree with you on the rally, especially racing around lydden hill in the rain. I haven't got the difficulty setting right yet for the AI but the physics of the cars are great and really enjoying the game as a whole. A huge improvement from PC1 and historic spa in a lotus is something else.

Madhun67
29-09-2017, 10:53
ITS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! tried the fictional rally cross last night and its a blast.Have to fiddle with FFB to make it feel perfect on the jumps,but once you get it right its an amazing experience.Just look at the videos on Youtube ,that people post.You can tell the physics are spot on from the movement the cars display:)
I love the Minis "pops" and bangs ,backfires !
Great job SMS!

koly
29-09-2017, 11:28
sounds are awfull.
dirt 4 is the best for rally cross.
no challenger possible

Madhun67
29-09-2017, 12:09
dirt 4 rally x is easy,cause it isnt real.Try to excel in PC2 rally x like that,and no way its pick up and drive like Dirt 4.D4 has "no physiscs" or have it ,but from 1998!!!!!!!!D4 may be best if you dont wan to feel car weight ,and have unrealistic braking and stopping distances:)

pa_pinkelman
29-09-2017, 13:18
dirt 4 rally x is easy,cause it isnt real.Try to excel in PC2 rally x like that,and no way its pick up and drive like Dirt 4.D4 has "no physiscs" or have it ,but from 1998!!!!!!!!D4 may be best if you dont wan to feel car weight ,and have unrealistic braking and stopping distances:)

So because it is easier it isn't real? Please not that old argument again...! Let me tell you a secret: both are just GAMES and just an interpretation of real life...
Maybe you are trying to say you like PC2's interpretation better than Dirt 4's?

Madhun67
29-09-2017, 13:29
ok ok ,............^ what i am saying is ,that if you can pickup a "game" thats interpreting rally x and you can "chuck' the cars around like its no tomorrow, (try Holje,big left hand corner before back straight ,is a joke)chances are thats not how easy they are in real life :) I can fee the weight,inertia and braking is superb,with "white knuckle' feel in PC2 vs. D4.And lets not get into D4 tarmac physics.........................its "gaaarbaaaaagggggeeeee" .So correct, i feel PC2 done 10 times the job CM did with rally X :)

Cladandadum
29-09-2017, 14:33
ok ok ,............^ what i am saying is ,that if you can pickup a "game" thats interpreting rally x and you can "chuck' the cars around like its no tomorrow, (try Holje,big left hand corner before back straight ,is a joke)chances are thats not how easy they are in real life :) I can fee the weight,inertia and braking is superb,with "white knuckle' feel in PC2 vs. D4.And lets not get into D4 tarmac physics.........................its "gaaarbaaaaagggggeeeee" .So correct, i feel PC2 done 10 times the job CM did with rally X :)

Do you find the AI to be easier in rally than when compared to the same strength AI for road races?

pa_pinkelman
29-09-2017, 14:35

Ok sorry I didn't want to sound like a smartass:rolleyes:. You obviously know what you are talking about. I mostly agree with you about the handling in PC2 feeling better than in D4. However I still do enjoy the rallying in D4 from time to time and I think Codies did a great job on it also. :D

Madhun67
29-09-2017, 14:48
Do you find the AI to be easier in rally than when compared to the same strength AI for road races?

i have rally x AI set on i think around 70%, and after learning the track i can beat them consistently.I havent road raced much ,except in Ginetta career mode,and i suck :(

Madhun67
29-09-2017, 14:50
Ok sorry I didn't want to sound like a smartass:rolleyes:. You obviously know what you are talking about. I mostly agree with you about the handling in PC2 feeling better than in D4. However I still do enjoy the rallying in D4 from time to time and I think Codies did a great job on it also. :D

no harm done man,................................all about being constructive,so we can take away something and be that much wiser after a good thread:) I want to love D4 too, as i preordered and loved Dirt,in EA .However codies didnt deliver on handling ,unfortunately.

Trippul G
29-09-2017, 15:00
Not sure I'd recommend buying PC2 if you're ONLY into rally/rallyX. Don't get me wrong, what's there is fantastic...I'm enjoying it way more than I thought I would, but there's only a handful of tracks and a very small portion of the career dedicated to it.

I think if I had 60 bucks and was ONLY into Rally, I'd go for Dirt 4. But if I was into racing in general and also like a little side dish of Rallycross every now and then (which I do), I'd go for PC2 (which I did).

pa_pinkelman
29-09-2017, 15:01
no harm done man,................................all about being constructive,so we can take away something and be that much wiser after a good thread:) I want to love D4 too, as i preordered and loved Dirt,in EA .However codies didnt deliver on handling ,unfortunately.

Sadly I must agree. D4 was a big disappointment physics wise after DR, however the rallycross is definitely the best part of the game. However going back to DR last week, I think it really has some issues also. One being it is so **** hard! Have you tried WRC 7? Apart from some frame rate issues on PS4 I think it is a very nice simulation. I play it a lot and it is very intense. It has some very long stages, some over 20 Kilometers long!. You realy should try it if you get the change.

Madhun67
29-09-2017, 15:04
Sadly I must agree. D4 was a big dissapointment physics wise after DR, however the rallying is definately the best part of the game. However going back to DR last week, I think it really has some issues also. One being it is so **** hard! Have you tried WRC 7? Apart from some frame rate issues on PS4 I think it is a very nice simulation. I play it a lot and it is very intense. It has some very long stages, some over 20 Kilometers long!. You realy should try it if you get the change.

;)Preordered WRC7 a month ago,USA ETA is next Monday ! Cant wait. The reviews say its a lot better than 6 was.

Madhun67
29-09-2017, 15:09
Not sure I'd recommend buying PC2 if you're ONLY into rally/rallyX. Don't get me wrong, what's there is fantastic...I'm enjoying it way more than I thought I would, but there's only a handful of tracks and a very small portion of the career dedicated to it.

I think if I had 60 bucks and was ONLY into Rally, I'd go for Dirt 4. But if I was into racing in general and also like a little side dish of Rallycross every now and then (which I do), I'd go for PC2 (which I did).

lol, honestly, im not wealthy ,and mainly into rally, rally X but if 2-3 titles a year have even a remote chance of satisfying my niche,rally tastes , im in and buying !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cladandadum
29-09-2017, 15:10
Sadly I must agree. D4 was a big disappointment physics wise after DR, however the rallycross is definitely the best part of the game. However going back to DR last week, I think it really has some issues also. One being it is so **** hard! Have you tried WRC 7? Apart from some frame rate issues on PS4 I think it is a very nice simulation. I play it a lot and it is very intense. It has some very long stages, some over 20 Kilometers long!. You realy should try it if you get the change.

Probably the wrong forum but would you recommend WRC7? I like the idea of the official licence and the wide range of tracks.

Cladandadum
29-09-2017, 15:11
i have rally x AI set on i think around 70%, and after learning the track i can beat them consistently.I havent road raced much ,except in Ginetta career mode,and i suck :(

Same here. Will wait for the patch before committing to the career mode.

Martin03
29-09-2017, 15:30
Probably the wrong forum but would you recommend WRC7? I like the idea of the official licence and the wide range of tracks.

Maybe wrong forum but... yes I recommand it, first 1-2hours can be awefull to setup the wheel(if you use a wheel ofc) but after that its great. Even though have its fault, like no fov slider, no seat adjustment, camera movement etc but a great game.

So... just to stay more in topic, RX is great but not playable in career mode yet because off the slow AI, so when that is fixed then RX will be a really good mode

Cladandadum
29-09-2017, 15:36
Maybe wrong forum but... yes I recommand it, first 1-2hours can be awefull to setup the wheel(if you use a wheel ofc) but after that its great. Even though have its fault, like no fov slider, no seat adjustment, camera movement etc but a great game.

So... just to stay more in topic, RX is great but not playable in career mode yet because off the slow AI, so when that is fixed then RX will be a really good mode

Thanks for your insight. Staying on topic (mostly) PC2 has persuaded me to pick up a wheel as I feel I'm missing out with the controller. Just waiting patiently for the patch, as are we all.

JakeDiggitty
29-09-2017, 15:46
Agreed, I would have bought the PCars2 for Rallycross alone also. Most Rallycross tracks yet out of any sim out there. After you learned them all in normal weather, throw some snow on them and run them all back, snow changes the experience and environment quite a lot. (Just MAKE SURE to choose snow season, blizzard weather, and manually choose ICE tires for snow to work properly. Their are bugs outside of these settings that they will patch soon. Try Hell RX in these snow settings, the AI and grip all works proper here for good competitive snow RX race.). Also the time trial mode works great on rallycross tracks while being able to race 3 ghosts at a time from the community shared ghosts.

Furthermore you have the Sampala ICe track and Mercedes benz ice tracks (race against 3 ghosts in time trail mode at these for best experience. Thr sampala slow AI needs to be patched currently, and I don't think you can run AI at Mercedes track... but again Time Trial allows you to load 3ghosts). Also you can load the entire Mercedes ice track and there are big parking lots, circle track testing areas, and several interconnecting roads that you can create your own Ken Block style ice drift playground on... very fun and I don't think a lot of people know about this.

And lastly you can cover most circuits in snow and turn them somewhat into really large Rallycross tracks... the AI needs to be patched for snow as they are slow on some snow... but Raupuna park snow AI works good though.

JakeDiggitty
29-09-2017, 16:08
Also, I play Rallycross with a full manual setup... fanatec CSW V1 wheel, clubsport right hand sequential stick shifter, 3 HE brand foot pedals, and HE brand analog loadcell handbrake.. with all driving assists off except brake ABS set to Low.

Highly recommend a full setup like this for full immersion... paddle shifters, button clutches, and button handbrakes are too easy and boring... it's not for the faint of heart but you will feel like a beast crushing the course in a full manual setup with right hand shifting/handbraking and low driving aids... and will probably reach for a redbull in between races lol. And with practice you can still beat the AI and even set world record times (or be very close). As a side bonus, I'm pretty sure I am burning a decent amount of calories and getting a workout while I play lol.

Madhun67
29-09-2017, 16:32
wow that sounds like a beast setup.Im on PS4 this time with T300RS, Fanatec Clubsport 2.5, and TH8A .I have a Fanatec shifter,but ill have to use that with my PC setup when i get to that soon.

rosko
29-09-2017, 16:51
didn't read the thread but 'yes' dirt is awesome in pcars 2, there is no better rally out there imo. dirt rally always had really poor physics & average ffb, rbr i just can't get anything other than terrible ffb.

JakeDiggitty
29-09-2017, 17:12
Rallycross comparison: Dirt Rally is also good for Rallycross but least amount of tracks and weaker pavement physics. Dirt 4 is also great for Rallycross, trophy trucks , and buggies.. but I still find the physics to be a bit less than PCars2. PCars2 has the most tracks, way more customization, ice tracks, a time trail mode with ability to load community ghosts (yay humans not AI... this is huge benefit to me), and much more active multiplayer (Dirt 4 multiplayer basically not existent). Plus I find PCars2 physics best and most robust across tarmac, dirt, gravel, rain, ice, and snow.

Rally comparison: Dirt Rally is the best to me for actual Rally... I enjoy the combination of Dirt Rally physics, full manual controls, and stages... with good variety, elevation changes, hairpins, and hillclimbs including the long epic Pikes Peak hillclimb which can all be driven on gravel. Although The pavement physics don't feel right in Dirt Rally, its not a huge prob as those few tracks can just be skipped... however I happen to love all of the Germany hybrid pavement/gravel gymkhana like stages. Dirt 4 Rally physics are different and not good compared to its Rallycross physics and plus the stages are boring and there are no hill climbs. WRC 7 looks good for Rally, but currently does not allow a lot of higher tier wheels and pedals including HE brand devices and OSW direct drive wheel... so I can get it to work with my he brand gear (it is only sim I've tried that doesn't work my setup)... also wrc7 does not allow use of any manual clutch which just feels missing to me as a full manual driver. PCars2 main only Rally style tracks are the Mercedes benz ice tracks.. I think these are decent though. However, with Rallycross and ability to throw snow on most tracks and then drive any car of choice provides a lot of offroad/low grip content nonetheless. Long tracks like Nurburgring feel sort of like a wide Rally track after you throw snow on them, plus you can race the AI or multiplayer for additional bonus fun.

Summary: I will continue to play Dirt Rally and PCars2. With the best of these 2 games, have almost no need for Dirt 4. Will play WRC7 for its Rally content if they fix its compatibility issues. Also play IRacing for Dirt ovals and soon to be released Rallycross multiplayer.

rosko
29-09-2017, 17:53
Dirt rally on tarmac = lol proof imo that the physics is just generally poor.

koly
29-09-2017, 21:30
i have WRC 7, and compare to dirt rally, it's very easy and feels arcade (no H mode for gears, no clutch...)
Stages are good, it's fun easy, i think it's good game, but we will forget it fast, dirt rally not.

pa_pinkelman
29-09-2017, 23:18
Yeah no h-shifter in a modern rally car. That's really arcade. :rolleyes:

Mahjik
30-09-2017, 00:48
During development, I was truly surprised at how good SMS's rallycross really was... I honestly never planned to use it; then I tried it one day to check some physics updates. I was blown away and hooked all at the same time. It's been through many changes over the development time (and tested by some current RX pros) and it has turned into something really special. I'm expecting some epic eSports broadcast events from the rallycross cars.

I do hope SMS expands more in this space with a stadium truck or something similar. The Funhaver is fun on the RX tracks, but a stadium truck with their off-tarmac physics would be epic. ;)

Aldo Zampatti
30-09-2017, 00:50
During development, I was truly surprised at how good SMS's rallycross really was... I honestly never planned to use it; then I tried it one day to check some physics updates. I was blown away and hooked all at the same time. It's been through many changes over the development time (and tested by some current RX pros) and it has turned into something really special. I'm expecting some epic eSports broadcast events from the rallycross cars.

I do hope SMS expands more in this space with a stadium truck or something similar. The Funhaver is fun on the RX tracks, but a stadium truck with their off-tarmac physics would be epic. ;)
destruction derby - Project CARS edition? I would buy that ;) :P

Madhun67
30-09-2017, 10:56
yeah, just cant get enough.Hammered it last night too.Playing around with cockpit/head movement /shake / look to apex setups if anyone can recommend those and in what strength ?!
ps: i really hope that with these physics,we will see a true rally sim also in the future !

rich1e I
30-09-2017, 11:39
I was very skeptical when I first heard PC2 will have rallycross because I thought Codemasters was doing an awesome job with Dirt Rally and now Dirt 4 and a title that was focussing on circuit racing can only look bad when trying to add a new discipline, but my doubts are gone. Tried the Focus RX yesterday for the first time and it was a blast. Sound is not very exciting but overall very well done indeed.

Janneman60
30-09-2017, 11:50
Rallycross was the main reason to buy PC2 anyway. The pro is that it has a decent amount of tracks. But it is so different in driving from dirt rally/d4. Supercars are way more difficult as rx2 are a lot easier as D4. Must say the feeling and handling of dirt rally I like the most. Believe dirt rally could have been THE rallycross game if codemasters didn't let down.

VelvetTorpedo
30-09-2017, 12:28
Ripping the Rallyx cars around the kart tracks is my new favorite thing to do

Madhun67
06-10-2017, 15:38
started a rally x career and wow its sooooo fun after you learn each track!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Martin03
06-10-2017, 15:41
started a rally x career and wow its sooooo fun after you learn each track!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What tier do you play in? I just wonder because I have only tested the 2 lowest tiers, the ones you can start it. And the AI is sooooo sloooooooooooow so just wonder if it's better in the higher tiers or if it's RX career mode AI in general...

Trippul G
06-10-2017, 16:21
Ripping the Rallyx cars around the kart tracks is my new favorite thing to do

How, exactly, does one do that? The only way I seem to be able to select a kart track is when my chosen vehicle is actually a kart. Pick anything else, and those tracks go away, and force me to pick something else.

VelvetTorpedo
06-10-2017, 16:35
If you go into the Private Testing you can set any car to any track. You can also run the track forwards or backwards, however you want.

I always see the Picard face-palm when I see the picture

Trippul G
06-10-2017, 16:37
^Hmm, ok thanks. I'll try that. I guess I must have only been trying to do it in custom race.

Madhun67
30-10-2017, 11:42
hey all!
just FYi if you want a good time, try e30 M3, Renault Clio, etc on rally X tracks with all terrains,and set up suspension.Height,soften it ,gear it and go have a blast.Sooooooooooooooooooooooooo much fun.

RaceNut
30-10-2017, 20:02
I find the PC2 RallyX to be the biggest surprise of the title. I like the way you can feel the tires and modulate the throttle for optimal traction. PC2 Rx handling and tire model feels like it's another level up over the Dirt title's.

I always liked DR RallyX but, I think Dirt4's RallyX effectively has too much grip (although, not as bad as the Rally Stages). Codies does awesome Rally sounds though, they have that aspect nailed down solid.

I tried to setup WRC7 but, found it couldn't be made to work with my controllers and refunded it. I've read some very good things - especially in regard to the stage quality.

milliotseb
30-10-2017, 20:22
I just created a new career profile just for RX series. I will be my "release pressure driver" while I complete my main driver career.
I have to say that the first qualif races on RX lites UK cup were fun.
I just hope that the RX supercars are not too complicated to handle with a gamepad.

blaugranamarti
30-10-2017, 22:31
The Rallycross physics were indeed a really nice surprise and feel both intuitive and realistic. The AI needs some tweaking, though, because even at the maximum difficulty it is just way too easy (I use around 50 difficulty in most races and beat the RX AI at 120).

It would be really nice if SMS used their loose surface physics to make a full standalone rally game, because after Dirt 4 Codemasters really needs some competition (WRC 7 seems to have somewhat acceptable physics, but the FFB is just ridiculously bad).

Madhun67
31-10-2017, 13:00
omg the escort is a bloody blast at the rally x circuits,especially if you dial it in !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.............................please more cars later for rally X!

Zaskarspants
31-10-2017, 13:11
The Rallycross physics were indeed a really nice surprise and feel both intuitive and realistic. The AI needs some tweaking, though, because even at the maximum difficulty it is just way too easy (I use around 50 difficulty in most races and beat the RX AI at 120).

It would be really nice if SMS used their loose surface physics to make a full standalone rally game, because after Dirt 4 Codemasters really needs some competition (WRC 7 seems to have somewhat acceptable physics, but the FFB is just ridiculously bad).

Yes, the loose surface driving is much more enjoyable than D4, the ffb in pcars2 is much more informative. I would love to see some rally stages and a few cars.

Coose84
04-11-2017, 16:09
I need help with setup? I'm all over the place no front end maybe its just how I drive but seems i need to overseer round the corner am I just to use to track driving and need to learn how to drift?