PDA

View Full Version : Does the standard PS4 even have livetrack?

blairmann99
28-09-2017, 21:54
I have done a few rain races now on PC2 and no dry racing line appears the rain just disappears and a few puddles are left. I have only done about a 20 minute race but still that was with 30 AI and it stopped raining half way through it and 2 minutes later the track was dry with no dry racing line and only a few puddles left. On the standard ps4 aswell the track surface just looks terrible worse than PC1. The only livetrack thing I have seen is a wee bit of dirt and marbles on the track but not much and doesn't look believable.

LukeC
28-09-2017, 23:07
I have done a few rain races now on PC2 and no dry racing line appears the rain just disappears and a few puddles are left. I have only done about a 20 minute race but still that was with 30 AI and it stopped raining half way through it and 2 minutes later the track was dry with no dry racing line and only a few puddles left. On the standard ps4 aswell the track surface just looks terrible worse than PC1. The only livetrack thing I have seen is a wee bit of dirt and marbles on the track but not much and doesn't look believable.

I haven't done much running in the wet but in the dry it definitely does rubber up; visually you can see more rubber get laid down and the grip seems to increase.

gotdirt410sprintcar
28-09-2017, 23:12
Rain seems ok too me in career

zzz_pt
29-09-2017, 00:41
I'd like to know this too.

Ian Bell
29-09-2017, 01:43
Of course. Fully featured and identical to PC.

Minimitch
29-09-2017, 01:56
I noticed one slowly build up during quali at Silverstone in the ginetta Jr's

Umer Ahmad
29-09-2017, 01:57
For short races with time/weather acceleration the water is evaporating quickly and therefore you are not getting to see the drying line. If you drive longer races and give the weather a "chance" you will see a drying line form.

steve50
29-09-2017, 07:32
i have just completed the Gineta series and on the last track (brands hatch) there was Fog and snow. it looked fantastic.

maxx69
29-09-2017, 08:04
Just like real life , I can't go past a puddle without driving through it and it's having a negative affect on my in game career .
Haven't noticed a dry line myself , but haven't done an endurance race in the rain yet .
I have noticed the rain tyres work exceptionally well and are far more realistic this time around .
We have half hour of rain in an hour and half race tomorrow so that should show off they live track effects

Ashleyqprw12
29-09-2017, 08:16
Certainly does, the track gets quicker as it rubbers in and as above if you do slightly longer races with real time progression you'll notice more easily

breyzipp
29-09-2017, 08:41
i have just completed the Gineta series and on the last track (brands hatch) there was Fog and snow. it looked fantastic.

Yeah absolutely loved the conditions in that race. Also how subtle snow is introduced in that championship, not a full out heavy snow and completely white map, but minor snow and fog which created an absolutely great experience to remember. Sponsored by Scripted Weather (tm). ;)

LPlates
29-09-2017, 09:25
Rain, puddles, snow all working for me on std PS4 but I've seen no dirt or stones on the track after a car goes off. I've even tested this specifically.

Bealdor
29-09-2017, 09:44
Rain, puddles, snow all working for me on std PS4 but I've seen no dirt or stones on the track after a car goes off. I've even tested this specifically.

It's too costly the graphically render this performance wise. But it does have an influence on grip.

LPlates
29-09-2017, 20:16
Are you suggesting there is invisible mud on the track that reduces grip ? That doesn't seem fair to the guy who didn't witness the car coming back on.

Besides, Ian Bell confirmed that console has the same features as pc.

maxx69
02-10-2017, 17:00
Just like real life , I can't go past a puddle without driving through it and it's having a negative affect on my in game career .
Haven't noticed a dry line myself , but haven't done an endurance race in the rain yet .
I have noticed the rain tyres work exceptionally well and are far more realistic this time around .
We have half hour of rain in an hour and half race tomorrow so that should show off they live track effects

Update :
Loving the director mode , great addition . Now we can have 16 drivers , a director and two broadcasters ......gets exciting in the commentary box .

Live track driving line wasn't visible in our race , but puddles in the shade didn't disappear .
More grip was felt on the racing line but neither myself in "dictatorship mode" or drivers saw a dry line develop.

Even without it this game is heading to be epic