PDA

View Full Version : The lying about abusive moderators/SMS is starting again

bmanic
28-09-2017, 23:10
This time I feel like it's time to stop the bull immediately. The person in question insists that the thread he was participating in got "deleted". Is this true? Do threads here get deleted? Mods? Please, I implore you to do exactly as last time.. keep all threads alive (locked is fine.. but never delete anything) as evidence. There are clearly some individuals out there to spread lies and rumors, for who knows what benefit.

It is also possible that the person in question truly did get permanently banned by mistake or dubious reasons, hence I think it's worth investigating further to stop these lies (or misunderstandings if that may be the case) from spreading and splitting the community.

Here's the reddit thread where the guy is complaining.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcars/comments/7328ts/psa_dont_post_criticism_on_official_forums/

Charger
28-09-2017, 23:17
Threads don't get deleted for criticism, but they do for offensive material, I am sure with a name like 'Provocator' it wasn't just criticism and he has no evidence to prove it, just a Reddit user looking for attention me thinks.

Rodgerzzz
28-09-2017, 23:18
I think the mods are doing a good job of getting rid of the s***ty threads that people start up because they can't get a GT3 car through T1 without crashing or complaining that their windscreen wipers only have two settings instead of three... I've commented in threads that have later been deleted but in reflection the threads deleted are usually useless tripe anyway. Id much rather scroll through a few pages of semi decent threads rather than a thousand threads by people whinging.

cornishbrooksy
28-09-2017, 23:37
I think if you look through the threads in the current forum and the approach taken by SMS towards patches, criticism is welcomed on this forum, and always has been. There are plenty of threads criticising/bug reporting or whatever here.

This is NOT the issue.

People get banned if they become abusive towards us or the devs, providing criticism in a derogatory manner, or generally being unhelpful/creating unnecessary noise.

I cannot speak for this guy as i do not know his forum user name, but people need to get a grip and question themselves why there are stacks of reasonable threads discussing bugs/criticisms in this forum that have not been locked and decent conversation is happening with SMS feedback as well, and then look at why they may have been banned. It should become fairly obvious fairly quickly....

Also please check the Boss's statement on the top of the forum "General Forum Behaviour".....this is what we all adhere too.

Hi all.

We're very happy with and appreciative of all of the feedback you are providing. Any and all critique is welcomed and will remain up providing the thread stays civil and doesn't descend into excessive abuse and vitriol.

Threads that do so will be deleted. The team and moderators will not be subjected to unwarranted abuse.

maxx69
28-09-2017, 23:45
[QUOTE=Rodgerzzz;1374295]I think the mods are doing a good job of getting rid of the s***ty threads that people start up because they can't get a GT3 car through T1 without crashing or complaining that their windscreen wipers only have two settings instead of three... I've commented in threads that have later been deleted but in reflection the threads deleted are usually useless tripe anyway. Id much rather scroll through a few pages of semi decent threads rather than a thousand threads by people whinging

Wipers only have two speeds ? That's outrageous

GrimeyDog
29-09-2017, 00:13
For what its worth i Never Had a Problem from or with a Mod that i wasn't Stirring things up with:p LOL:very_drunk:

But Wooo hoooo look im still here:eagerness:

Civic
29-09-2017, 00:19
I cannot speak for this guy as i do not know his forum user name, Not that it matters but considering he identifies what his deleted thread was about he should be easy enough to identify.

SreRacha
29-09-2017, 00:40
Had no idea about the wipers, where do I go with my life now huh devs??

cornishbrooksy
29-09-2017, 00:41
Not that it matters but considering he identifies what his deleted thread was about he should be easy enough to identify.

I’ve just had a quick scan through (another mod maybe more thorough) but I cannot find a thread, deleted or otherwise, that has anything similar to what he mentioned.

Ian Bell
29-09-2017, 01:40
I can't see how we can be accused, with a serious face, of deleting criticism for the sake of it being critical, when more than half the threads on here are critical. The reality is that only threads that descend into open abuse of the mods or team will get removed.

jimortality
29-09-2017, 02:44
Had no idea about the wipers, where do I go with my life now huh devs??

Hey? any chance of intermittent wipers? just askin:cupcake:

senna94f1
29-09-2017, 03:12
A moderater was abit rash with me , which is fine he or she said the forum was very very busy, well it would be, a lot of online people who are very fast gamers who run leagues were so angry, this was because there expectations and I was the same were so high. A lot of my friends including me put almost 600hours in to playing first game , I knew what faults had to be corrected, part of the problem is on YouTube it was the PC version of pc2 and not the consoles, ,so the image I or we were getting was its a fantastic game, but not so fantastic for ps4 users like me , that's fine I've been putting quite a few hours into 2nd game and I've personally found that some parts of the game on ps4 are brilliant and some parts are broken,b. I can go thru a list but I am hoping and have faith in SMS in the patch which I also hope is out very soon, on ps4 using either thrustmaster t300 or t150 there is very little ffb on curbs which is a fact ,I am a lot older then some people on here so not accustomed to see people get funny with me , I don't know about person getting banned and if he did he must have said something really bad , I myself had a very good reply from Ian bell and I completely understand where he's coming from. , I just hope the 2 main concerns for me and a lot of others in coming patch is no curb rumble fix and menu really hanging , anyway I been nagging SMS about when new patch will be here and I really hope it's soon, keep up the good work SMS ,

Mahjik
29-09-2017, 03:21

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcars/comments/7328ts/psa_dont_post_criticism_on_official_forums/

Well, since he's not providing his username for this forum, it's going to be near impossible to validate or invalidate his claim. However, as others have stated, yes threads do get deleted. If they don't following the rules of the forum, they are removed.

Given how many threads are providing "suggestions" and "criticisms" for PC2, that poster might want to take a look at how they present themselves on forums.

ASingfield
29-09-2017, 07:51
I can't see how we can be accused, with a serious face, of deleting criticism for the sake of it being critical, when more than half the threads on here are critical. The reality is that only threads that descend into open abuse of the mods or team will get removed.(Emphasis mine)

Or any other user on here hopefully...? I mean we're all humans (probably) and no-one deserves to have abuse hurled at them.

Bealdor
29-09-2017, 07:53
(Emphasis mine)

Or any other user on here hopefully...? I mean we're all humans (probably) and no-one deserves to have abuse hurled at them.

Of course. If you got the impression that you (or any other member) are getting insulted/abused, use the report post function and we'll take care of it.

Ian Bell
29-09-2017, 07:58
(Emphasis mine)

No, we really enjoy our users being abused...

Honestly...

Konan
29-09-2017, 07:59
This time I feel like it's time to stop the bull immediately. The person in question insists that the thread he was participating in got "deleted". Is this true? Do threads here get deleted? Mods? Please, I implore you to do exactly as last time.. keep all threads alive (locked is fine.. but never delete anything) as evidence. There are clearly some individuals out there to spread lies and rumors, for who knows what benefit.

It is also possible that the person in question truly did get permanently banned by mistake or dubious reasons, hence I think it's worth investigating further to stop these lies (or misunderstandings if that may be the case) from spreading and splitting the community.

One of the mods managed to find out who it was...turns out he was indeed removed for the wrong reasons (we are indeed all humans)
The mistake was set straight and we do appreciate getting feedback from people who think they were removed unjustified...that way we can check back to see if indeed we messed up or give an explanation as to why that person got removed.
We are not too big a persons to acknowledge our mistakes...

bmanic
29-09-2017, 08:01
Exactly, as I thought (though I didn't know threads get deleted.. could they be "archived" instead?). I've never had problems with mods nor the guys in blue. Anybody who has gone through my posting history knows I don't shy away from speaking my mind. Yet here I am (after a warning or two over the years). Hence my skepticism.

Having said that, the guy (The Provocateur.. what an unfortunate user name considering his case) over at Reddit does truly seem very level headed and rather polite and concise with his wording. Is it possible that there was a mistake? It doesn't take much digging through the user history and the way he writes to see that we are not dealing with a rabid troll or anything even remotely like that.

Anyhow, for any would-be trolls who want to start the dookie train rolling again, accusing mods and developers from being unfair and banning people left and right only need to reference this thread. It. Ain't. True. Never was. Case closed. :)

EDIT: SUPER NINJAD! Awesome to hear that it was just a mistake! Well done to everybody for sorting this out. My comment above stands on even stronger grounds. Mods and SMS are awesome.. and human (who would have thought?). Case. Closed.

ASingfield
29-09-2017, 08:01
Of course. If you got the impression that you (or any other member) are getting insulted/abused, use the report post function and we'll take care of it.

Well, not that I've seen. That post was just me being a bit nitpicky about Ian's phrasing and was supposed to be taken as tongue-in-cheek :) I guess I should have remembered that it's hard to convey tone in writing - unless you're into excessive use of smilies ;).

But if I ever do come across abusive stuff, I'll report it of course.

Mahjik
29-09-2017, 12:42
One of the mods managed to find out who it was...

EDIT: SUPER NINJAD! Awesome to hear that it was just a mistake! Well done to everybody for sorting this out. My comment above stands on even stronger grounds. Mods and SMS are awesome.. and human (who would have thought?). Case. Closed.

Let me just point out that there is a "guess" as to who it was.. Without the reddit user providing their forum name here, there is no way to actually confirm it.

ELAhrairah
29-09-2017, 12:51
All this drama makes everyone here look like a bunch of bored housewives. :cool:

Civic
29-09-2017, 12:53
That's kind of funny from my perspective. I perma banned plenty of people simply for using the same proxy as people I'd already banned. I even become friends with one after the fact, nice guy, never let him back though. hehe.

Grijo
29-09-2017, 13:04
A person who says that Project Cars forum have abusive moderators is because he/she donīt enter in the "They are a small team" land too often. In there, moderators are not abusive because they almost donīt exist. In fact is just one, at least in the console division. But he/she will be humiliated, cursed and called "spoiled kid" by most of the users without any moderation. And the self proclamed "Lord" just come to say rough words to the players who not praise his sect and say "Hallelujah my Lord".

maTech
29-09-2017, 13:18
I wrote it already in another thread but I write it here again: 1. The community reported a bug with simulated laptimes in quali. 2. The moderators read it and redirected this bug to the devs 3. It took less than one week and the bug seems to be gone with the latest patch. I can't imagine another forum or game where the community do have such an influence in patches and game improvements. In my opinion this is something special so moderators and devs can expect a reasonable behavior of us (respect). Anyway I never saw that a user was banned or a thread closed without good reasons.

DreamsKnight
29-09-2017, 15:25
my english in very simple and several time I know that I write concepts in a more "rude" way than my intentions, but never had serious problems here. only a couple of misunderstandings and I know perfectly fault was mine.

Sankyo
29-09-2017, 19:56
Every time I want to abuse a user here the other mods prevent me from doing it. It's very frustrating.

Roger Prynne
29-09-2017, 20:00
Yep he's an abuser, I can vouch for that.
We have to tie him down sometimes. :rolleyes:

riverreveal
29-09-2017, 20:01
I think the mods are great at distingishing between people who are frustrated with an issue (having a mini rant) and those who are just bashing the sim. I have written things in the last week that sometimes I read back the next day and think maybe I went to far with my criticism, but I havent been warned once and I hope its because the mods see that all I want it the sim to be the best it can be.

Konan
29-09-2017, 20:04
Yep he's an abuser, I can vouch for that.
We have to tie him down sometimes. :rolleyes:

Which isn't easy with him being an Aikido master...

Konan
29-09-2017, 20:05
I think the mods are great at distingishing between people who are frustrated with an issue (having a mini rant) and those who are just bashing the sim. I have written things in the last week that sometimes I read back the next day and think maybe I went to far with my criticism, but I havent been warned once and I hope its because the mods see that all I want it the sim to be the best it can be.

Checking post history right now...

FrankBN
29-09-2017, 21:59
My first impression of these forums suggested I should walk on eggshells. Mainly why I don't use it very often.

Konan
29-09-2017, 22:05
My first impression of these forums suggested I should walk on eggshells. Mainly why I don't use it very often.

Do please explain...

FrankBN
29-09-2017, 22:14
Do please explain...

Over the years I have seen Mods be abusive towards users and then ban the users after they retaliate. Users be abusive towards other users and Mods. It gets nasty.

Generally speaking this place can be scarey around game release.

Can you imagine what the forums are going to be like when Pcars3 is released, I don't envy your job.

Konan
29-09-2017, 22:21
LOL...the key is to put everything in perspective...i usually first try a conversation...how that conversation starts depends on the post i am answering...depending on the response there are only two ways to go...
Admittedly on game release it can get a bit tense...that's why i re-read my answers at least 4 times before posting instead of 2 times on regular days :cool:

Roger Prynne
29-09-2017, 22:27
Over the years I have seen Mods be abusive towards users and then ban the users after they retaliate. Users be abusive towards other users and Mods. It gets nasty.

Generally speaking this place can be scarey around game release.

Can you imagine what the forums are going to be like when Pcars3 is released, I don't envy your job.

I must admit that I am a bit scary....

senna94f1
29-09-2017, 23:37
Now I am scared, when I eventually go to bed from racing pc2 ,my nightmares will be killer clowns from outer space lol. What a minute I can't it's f1 live later ,up all weekend. Aside from the joking you guys know what I am gunna ask, have we any idea when patch is coming out because menu hanging is really becoming a big problem,sometimes 4 minutes, and it's quicker to close game and restart,someone did suggest on forum a work around fix on ps4 by deleting my career ,if there any truth to this b4 I decide to delete career.

Konan
29-09-2017, 23:43
Sorry...no ETA yet...

Mahjik
30-09-2017, 00:51
Aside from the joking you guys know what I am gunna ask, have we any idea when patch is coming out because menu hanging is really becoming a big problem,sometimes 4 minutes, and it's quicker to close game and restart,someone did suggest on forum a work around fix on ps4 by deleting my career ,if there any truth to this b4 I decide to delete career.

Can you update your platform in your profile to the gaming platform you are using (i.e. it appears you are a PS4 player)?

Rodgerzzz
30-09-2017, 01:04
I'd love to know how the mods tracked down the guy responsible for the reddit post... part of me wants to believe you all sat down on a Skype call to one another with a few glasses of Gin and tonic and used this bad boy to determine who it was:

Mahjik
30-09-2017, 01:08

If you see a mod be abusive to a member who hasn't already been abusive to members or mods, please report it. However, I don't think you'll find mods here just picking people out of the wild and attacking them. Generally, there is more to the book than the cover.

However, to your point, there is an inherit power with the moderator title. Take this analogy, police can speed when they need to.. The speed limits do not apply to them.. However, they always apply to non-police/emergency people regardless of the situation. We can't all do what the police do.. Because of who they are, they have certain privileges that others do not. Moderators are no different in that light. There are certain things moderators can do that members cannot, and I'm not sure referring to the controls they have (like editing, deleting posts).

Aldo Zampatti
30-09-2017, 01:09
I'd love to know how the mods tracked down the guy responsible for the reddit post... part of me wants to believe you all sat down on a Skype call to one another with a few glasses of Gin and tonic and used this bad boy to determine who it was:

There are some sherlock-deserving guys here. :P :)

AitchPattern
30-09-2017, 01:42
in all fairness i have had posts removed without my knowledge until i went to post a link to a post i quoted earler. Mods say they never deleted it, but its not in my history, but i have PMs with Ian regarding the fact i was given an infraction for saying "this is mental" when this guy said the F bomb about 8 times and was let off entirly?

So for sure i can say i have had post go ary!

Ian Bell
30-09-2017, 01:46
OK we're going nowhere here.