PDA

View Full Version : [INVESTIGATING] Bug? - Ford Fusion Stock Car weaving

JoshTheGeologist
29-09-2017, 02:05
At first I thought this was a me issue or an issue with my wheel settings but I'm noticing it happens on a controller as well. The Ford fusion stock car does not go in a straight line. It drifts back and forth like the rear wheels are on ice

On a wheel, it's extreme. My wheel shakes bad on straights. Earlier, I posted a separate thread noting my wheel shaking going straight with all cars. This has mostly been resolved except when I drive the stock car. The wheel shakes hard, if I let go it goes mental.

The weaving by the stock car is much more subtle on a controller, but it's still present. It'll go one way and just the slightest turn the opposite way to correct it results in the car starting to move that way.

The car almost feels like it has too much power to go straight. The back end just drifts all around.

Idk if it's a bug or what, but it just seems so wrong.

JoshTheGeologist
29-09-2017, 13:01
I changed my ffb type to raw and that seemed like it helped a little bit but not much. Something just feels off about the car

I can't feel it when it over steers, and I find my self constantly wrecking on straights due to it's swaying. Any ideas?

Grijo
29-09-2017, 15:37
I changed my ffb type to raw and that seemed like it helped a little bit but not much. Something just feels off about the car

I can't feel it when it over steers, and I find my self constantly wrecking on straights due to it's swaying. Any ideas?

You´re using what kind of tyres? In Pcars 1 I used to drive it using hard slicks because with softs the car was very unstable. i didn´t drove it yet in Pcars 2 to test it myself...

JoshTheGeologist
29-09-2017, 16:05
You´re using what kind of tyres? In Pcars 1 I used to drive it using hard slicks because with softs the car was very unstable. i didn´t drove it yet in Pcars 2 to test it myself...

I'll have to try that when I get home. I have left it on automated by weather.

JoshTheGeologist
29-09-2017, 21:32

When I go to the setup page there is only slick, wet, all terrain and ice

Grijo
29-09-2017, 23:19
When I go to the setup page there is only slick, wet, all terrain and ice

I drove the Fusion in Daytona and Texas, seems fine for me. And yeah, it don't have hard slicks. I'm playing with a G29. And you? I'm thinking that if you are using a gamepad, maybe try to configure the differential because it's all locked by default.

JoshTheGeologist
30-09-2017, 02:58
I'm using the T150 on PS4. I didn't try it on an oval, I tried it at Watkins Glen short.

seb02
30-09-2017, 16:13
I admit that I also have difficulty driving ford fusion in PC2. I could do better on PC1, maybe the car is not set correctly by default. (I play with a controller).

JoshTheGeologist
30-09-2017, 17:20
I had issues with a wheel and with a controller. Something just seems off about it. That's why I think it's a bug but I'm not sure. I wonder if the devs know? :confused:

JoshTheGeologist
30-09-2017, 18:15
After further testing it appears to be an issue with the car. I turned force feedback all the way down and am still experiencing excessive weaving in a straight line.

seb02
01-10-2017, 11:10
After further testing it appears to be an issue with the car. I turned force feedback all the way down and am still experiencing excessive weaving in a straight line.

I think the dev will fix that if they identify the problem. But what you have tried should help them. Let's wait for the next update.

JoshTheGeologist
01-10-2017, 12:36
I think the dev will fix that if they identify the problem. But what you have tried should help them. Let's wait for the next update.

Well now my goal is to make them aware. None have commented yet so hopefully that'll change. Have you also experienced the same thing?

blankfile
01-10-2017, 15:48
Do remember that it is set up for always turning left when on an oval. Without any input it will turn left slightly always.

JoshTheGeologist
01-10-2017, 16:05
It's turning both left and right. And stock cars do not go left without input. Any car should go straight.

seb02
02-10-2017, 09:50
Do remember that it is set up for always turning left when on an oval. Without any input it will turn left slightly always.

Yes, i understand for ovals. But why it happens on tracks like Watkins Glen ?

JoshTheGeologist
09-10-2017, 14:18
UPDATE

Bug Report

I'd like to post an update to this story. Today I was running laps as Monza Oval. I tried several cars: Ford Fusion Stock Car, LMP1, Ferrari 488 GTE, V8SC, and IndyCar.

I pulled up the telemetry settings, and I noticed severe clipping only with the Ford Fusion Stock Car. Now, originally, I had attributed the issues to a bug because I also experienced the issue on a controller. Now, I have not retested it on a controller, but I am wondering if part of the issue is a bug with the FFB on the Ford Fusion Stock Car. The car is incredibly unstable, and I just have not experienced this issue with other cars. I do ask the mods to pass this on to the devs, there is just something wrong with the car.

I do not believe it is an issue with my new FFB settings, as I have had zero issues with other cars.

seb02
10-10-2017, 06:05
Me too, I can not stabilize the ford fusion on the Oval track of Monza. I tried many parameters but this ford fusion seems uncontrollable. A setup help would be welcome.

JoshTheGeologist
10-10-2017, 06:12
I think it's a bug. There is something wrong with the car. I keep asking the mods to chime in but they haven't thus far :/

DeathMetalRacer
06-12-2017, 00:32
Fingers crossed this gets fixed in the update. Really want to run some stock car races. Glad I found this thread, I was going crazy trying to figure out why the car kept veering left with no steering input no matter what I changed with the setup. Looks like the issue is affecting both consoles.

JoshTheGeologist
07-12-2017, 14:18
Glad to know it wasn't just me, hopefully the patch will fix it

Doug914
07-12-2017, 21:01
Sorry, i missed this till now. On my own i discoverd this cars tires needing an update, but you wont see it till patch 4. Its a stiffer carcass and a broader adhesive grip peak are the general changes. It was down on speed to real world times, plus the genreral weaving around you mention under power, and just plain not interesting to drive. Much more fun now.

biggbaddwolf
07-12-2017, 21:23
Yeah the NASCAR Fusion is undrivable for me too, but so are all the other USA cars. I think they were all just thrown in there as an afterthought :)

JoshTheGeologist
08-12-2017, 02:28
Sorry, i missed this till now. On my own i discoverd this cars tires needing an update, but you wont see it till patch 4. Its a stiffer carcass and a broader adhesive grip peak are the general changes. It was down on speed to real world times, plus the genreral weaving around you mention under power, and just plain not interesting to drive. Much more fun now.

Very glad to hear this!

DeathMetalRacer
11-12-2017, 21:27

That's awesome news and thanks for the response! Is it safe to assume this will be patched on both Xbox and PS4?

Ian Bell
12-12-2017, 01:46
Yeah the NASCAR Fusion is undrivable for me too, but so are all the other USA cars. I think they were all just thrown in there as an afterthought :)

You know that our Doug, Casey and AJ are all from the US? They certainly weren't an afterthought. We hired 3 US based real racers also for example Tommy Milner who worked 18 months with us polishing the Corvette and others.

Doug914
12-12-2017, 21:39
That's awesome news and thanks for the response! Is it safe to assume this will be patched on both Xbox and PS4?

Ofcourse. All platforms.

Doug914
12-12-2017, 21:47
Me too, I can not stabilize the ford fusion on the Oval track of Monza. I tried many parameters but this ford fusion seems uncontrollable. A setup help would be welcome.

One thing. The monza oval goes the opposite rotation from the "normal" ovals Daytona, Texas, indy. So the setup it loads, while an oval setup, it made to turn the other direction :). We dropped the ball on that one, sorry. So the road course car is a better setup for that right now. We'll see if we can sort that for patch 4 along with the other base improvements to the car.

TypeR
14-12-2017, 00:05
I've sort of given up on the stock car racing, but this makes me look forward to trying it again!

seb02
14-12-2017, 16:17
One thing. The monza oval goes the opposite rotation from the "normal" ovals Daytona, Texas, indy. So the setup it loads, while an oval setup, it made to turn the other direction :). We dropped the ball on that one, sorry. So the road course car is a better setup for that right now. We'll see if we can sort that for patch 4 along with the other base improvements to the car.

Thanks Doug