PDA

View Full Version : SHOW YOUR LOVE/HATE HERE!!!

Kostman22
29-09-2017, 03:27
First off I want to say how impressed I am with all the improvements SMS and the crew have made over PC1, I LOVE IT!!! Seeing that I was part of the first game I know first hand how many hurdles, bugs, frustrating nights, and stress this game has brought upon the guys at SMS, for the suffering your team has endured I believe a simple thank\you is appropriate you guys deserve it. Secondly, the online ranking system is a very VERY welcomed edition to this master piece. No matter what others say I think in the end those who are complaining will understand and appreciate it once it begins to really take effect. Finally, the reason I began this thread is to show support to the best damn video game (SIM racing) team out there, FOR THE PEOPLE BY THE PEOPLE. Thank you again Slightly Mad Studios, you guys are the best!

Don't be shy, show you love leave a comment good or bad SMS is watching, your opinion matters and they are listening...

MXR SMILER
29-09-2017, 03:38
Said it a few times but happy to say it again - despite the issues at release I think you have done a cracking job, thanks for the work you have done and the work you are doing to deliver to us the best driving experience I have ever had. 10/10

ImmersiveGamer83
29-09-2017, 04:02
I love the handling improvements, VR+ G27 user here and it is beautiful. I am still having some gripe with AI but I do indeed love this game and hope to see the kinks ironed out in patches

Civic
29-09-2017, 04:17
Pointless poll is pointless.

I really can't imagine what type of person would be on this forum if they actually hate the game and if there was such a person I'm not sure why anyone would care what they think.

I neither love or hate the game, there is a lot to love but some of the places it falls short are pretty significant.

I'm pretty sure you'll find any negativity you read on this forum is coming from people who actually like a lot about the game but are disappointed or having a bad experience with it at this time.

DECATUR PLAYA
29-09-2017, 04:21
I think SMS has set itself amongst the best in the buisness. This is definitely a masterpiece in programming and game design. GOD STATUS! !!!!

To Mr. Steve Bell I'm sorry to Mr. Ian Jobs I'm sorry again to Mr. Ian Bell quite simply thank you. I think I know why Van Gogh cut his ear off. So he wouldn't have to hear the bulls***. Masterpiece.

As a 100% online player this game is absolutely amazing. I thought I had looked at just about every piece of info I could find on the game and still there are these little Easter eggs everywhere. The ping meter (didn't know what else to call it) over the players car is maybe 1 of my favorite additions. I don't play everything any more like I used to but to my knowledge Battlefield 1 is the first game I played where you can see a guys ping. Project Cars 2 is the first game I played where you can see a guys ping in real time as your racing. WOW!!!!

ThatJordGuy
29-09-2017, 04:26
Said it a few times but happy to say it again - despite the issues at release I think you have done a cracking job, thanks for the work you have done and the work you are doing to deliver to us the best driving experience I have ever had. 10/10

I second this - despite the bugs, I can't play enough of this - really good fun

jimortality
29-09-2017, 04:38
I think SMS has set itself amongst the best in the buisness. This is definitely a masterpiece in programming and game design. GOD STATUS! !!!!

To Mr. Steve Bell I'm sorry to Mr. Ian Jobs I'm sorry again to Mr. Ian Bell quite simply thank you. I think I know why Van Gogh cut his ear off. So he wouldn't have to hear the bulls***. Masterpiece.

As a 100% online player this game is absolutely amazing. I thought I had looked at just about every piece of info I could find on the game and still there are these little Easter eggs everywhere. The ping meter (didn't know what else to call it) over the players car is maybe 1 of my favorite additions. I don't play everything any more like I used to but to my knowledge Battlefield 1 is the first game I played where you can see a guys ping. Project Cars 2 is the first game I played where you can see a guys ping in real time as your racing. WOW!!!!

Steve Bell lol

ProjectCARSFiend
29-09-2017, 05:09
Personally loving the game so far, especially with the improved handling model and all the awesome new cars that weren't in the first game. Outside of some AI quirks like the qualifying time skip bug, which they've said will be fixed in the next patch, some random pit stop bugs, and some other minor bugs, I just find myself coming back daily as it's just so fun and addictive to drive in this game.

BrainsBush
29-09-2017, 06:16
This is a great racing sim. Just like in real life you have to get used to a new car and after a couple of miles it fits like a glove. Same for me with e.g. T300 setup: First a bit of struggling (probably due to lack of knowledge in stead of blaming the hard/software) and after useful tips and hints on this forum it is right for me.
We know there are some issues and we also know that they will be solved by the hard working SMS team. Again and that is personal for me I have not experienced major issues just some minor 'cosmetic' room for improvement things. But hey I also need some cosmetic improvements myself to be perfect ;)

I also appreciate the pre and post sales communication on this and GTP forum. Makes the total experience even better.

Alan Dallas
29-09-2017, 07:26
Well, I have a permanent smile affixed to my face everytime I get out on track... so there's that. :joyous:

bigal1000
29-09-2017, 13:31
SMS did a great job...................

PeteUplink
29-09-2017, 13:37
I voted that I love it, but it's not quite as simple as that.

I've had some really great races on it, but I've also had a lot of disappointment with it too. So it's an "I love it" with a "I hope they fix the issues soon" tagged on.

CESKO
29-09-2017, 13:56
I give it 10 thumbs up :applause:

We all know there are bugs (like in every games) but gradually there will be tweaking.

What is most important is to encourage SMS in the right way that has been taken.

Raklodder
29-09-2017, 13:57
There should be an option for us who are split, who want to love it, but can't due to bugs - not voting until then.

Itsdoomsday48
29-09-2017, 14:07
I think I love more about it than I hate, that being said the game still needs a lot of work. No other sim can touch what it offers to the player though in terms of content. I think console players got a bum rap with this game due to the lack of testing and bugs currently, I'm noticed that the majority of players of the forum who are thrilled with the game are PC players. Hopefully in a couple of months we can feel the same

drizzit
29-09-2017, 15:03
Love it!

Have had a few odd problems sure but I'm confident they will be patched as soon as they can and in the meantime I'm having loads of fun loving the feeling of the cars :D

Flashgod
29-09-2017, 15:28
Love it, but man... it still needs a lot of work.

Mon Pavion
29-09-2017, 16:32
Right now I hate it, but i know it will become good once SMS fixes all the bugs.

I do feel a little jaded now though as there are bugs that should have never been released. I mean...how the hell did they miss some of this very basic stuff like setups not save correctly or the game not recognizing what car you are in when playing career... effectively preventing you from loading any saved setups? Seems so basic to me.

Madhun67
29-09-2017, 16:34
LIKE I SAID....................would have bought it for the Rally X alone ;)

John Hargreaves
29-09-2017, 16:38
Pointless poll is pointless.

I really can't imagine what type of person would be on this forum if they actually hate the game and if there was such a person I'm not sure why anyone would care what they think.

I neither love or hate the game, there is a lot to love but some of the places it falls short are pretty significant.

I'm pretty sure you'll find any negativity you read on this forum is coming from people who actually like a lot about the game but are disappointed or having a bad experience with it at this time.

You're new to sim racing then?

I'm not meaning to pick on you, and I completely agree with you, but you might be surprised just how many people would bother to sign up to websites so they can post below the line in order to save the world from Project CARS.

Ravager619
29-09-2017, 16:52
I love the Ford Mustang RTR GT4 so much, I have conveniently forgotten about the Boss 302 R1. I also love driving the Nissan GT-R GT3. I love this game enough to finally buy a proper wheelstand so I don't have to mount my T150 to my computer desk anymore. That should arrive in about 10 days or less.

snakehands
29-09-2017, 17:00
Love it. It's an iRacing killer for me and I've unsubscribed for good.

JPS
29-09-2017, 17:21
Love.Love.Love. Nothing compares.

Konan
29-09-2017, 17:29
What's not to love? :cool:

ELAhrairah
29-09-2017, 17:41
Is there nothing in between? I love the game but every 5 minutes the thing crashes on me. I’m confused at the moment and perhaps some relation therapy would help.

Tbolt
29-09-2017, 19:05
I'm loving it. The handling of the cars is much improved over PC and I'm just enjoying trying all the new cars as well as the ones from the original game. Shame we lost a few cars from PC that were great to drive though ( Atom, Apollo and Merc DTM are three that spring to mind).

Loving the new tracks as well, though I haven't driven all the layouts yet ( though what's up with the hugh distance between the double yellow lines at Daytona ;) ? ).

Johnny_91
29-09-2017, 19:36
Best racingsim since the good old GTR2 for me. It has all, what GTR2 had back in the days and also Pcars2 is making it even better. From now all i want is the offline champioship editor and more cars on the track, to simulate a real a GT3 grid. If that comes some day, im gonna go totally nuts. :cool:

m355y
29-09-2017, 19:50
For me, PC2 is a much better package than the original. I'm a motorsport geek. I want official liveries on real life cars racing in authentic feeling races, and with this game I can set up Indycar, endurance, touring car etc races on a MASSIVE selection of circuits, pitstops, tyre wear, damage, challenging AI, strategy, detailed setups, qualifying, practise.....

I bought an XBone for Forza 6 after getting fed up with the original Project CARS, I can admit that. I got fed up of bugs, broken promises and a game that was nearly great but hamstrung by stupid problems that meant it would never get where it should have. I LOVED Project CARS at times. I loved doing a 24h day/night cycle at Le Mans, setting up a huge grid of GT3 cars, the changing weather, etc, but other stuff in the game turned me off completely in the end. Was getting FM6 worthwhile? Briefly, but give it a week or two and you realise that it has zero actual depth to the racing.

So then I moved on to Assetto Corsa, which initially, on console, was sh*t. Massively rewarding in flashes yeah, but frustrating. But what I don't think the people who slag off the console version of AC realise is that Kunos have recently transformed the game. They've completely redone the AI and added the kind of customisation options we've been crying out for in PCars for ages. It's very good for me now. But...it has no weather. No day/night. A tiny selection of tracks.

Project CARS 2 isn't perfect. It still seems to shoot itself in the foot at times. It's meant to be for people who really know their racing, so why is a LMP1/2/GTE grid still not right? The Toyota, Audi and surely soon Porsche LMP1 cars are all in game, so why don't they never seem to show up on the grid?! Why is it always a load of Marek and RWD opponents? No offence intended to the people who designed those cars, but do we really need them now?

But the potential here is enormous, huge. I'm really excited to see where this game is in six months time. I think if it's anything like the last one, they'll have improved on how it is now hugely. It's not unconditional love yet, but I hope it'll get there.

sirsilver1968
29-09-2017, 20:53
Fantastic game has me smiling every time I'm on the track and the audio is superb.

Jezza819
29-09-2017, 21:34
I love it and I've only ran a few cars on tracks that I know.

RAVEracer
29-09-2017, 23:07
Hmm, umm, yeah. I very much love it! It captures the essence of motorsport so well and is oh so addictive.

Civic
29-09-2017, 23:24
You're new to sim racing then?

I'm not meaning to pick on you, and I completely agree with you, but you might be surprised just how many people would bother to sign up to websites so they can post below the line in order to save the world from Project CARS.

Perhaps you're new to the internet. A place where trolls exist.

But I did pick my words and it would seem you only processed the words you were interested in.

Life story time, I'll let you decide if I'm a noob. I'll just write it so it is up, to see what I can remember and if it ever comes up again I can link to it or cut and paste. I know it is unrelated to what we were discussing but you seem to be implying that I'm new to this. new is a relative term.

FWIW, I came to PC sim racing in the Simbin era but was playing my first racing games in the 80's and played my first sim in 1991, I learned to drive in that sim that had direct drive FFB steering, FFB shifter and pedals with load cell and even an ignition key back in 1991 and based on that I was driving cars with 3 pedals without ever having a driving lesson. As I grew up I had a C64 and IBM PC's at my moms place and Apples and an Arcade machine at my Dad's house. But later in the 90's and early 00's I was too busy surfing, travelling, street racing, getting drunk and picking up girls so for a while I didn't even own a PC and if I played racing games in that time it was only in the arcades or on consoles. I don't remember much of the 90's but in the late 90's I found the GT series on Playstation and most of my early memories of the GT series are racing friends who were into street racing when we were not street racing. Then I got married, had kids, started to settle down some time later, I bought my first FFB wheel in 2004 and built my first crude sim rig out of wood. We had a giant for the time Rear Projection TV that I would put this crude sim rig right in front of. A short time later I started buying PC's again but it wasn't until the later 00's that I started looking into racing games on PC's again. Racing games were mostly just that to me, games. I spent most of my time with my family or on guitar forums. When I first played Simbin I actually can't remember which one I played first but one of the first things I saw was that I could go online, curious I joined a race with almost no experience, I managed to survive the first corner chaos where most of the field wrecked but I'm pretty sure I crashed during my first lap at which point having seen some cool damage already in the game the obvious thing for me to do was to test this damage and drive the wrong way around the track so I could crash into someone. I have a feeling I did that race before I did anything else in the game. I don't think I went any further with that game that night. My next memory I'm pretty sure was GT Legends, I'm pretty sure I tried the Cortina at Nurburgring in the rain, couldn't drive and thought the game was crap. I'm think I spent no time setting the game up.

That whole time period of my life is all jumbled in my head now. I know I never liked rFactor. I remember someone telling me about the iRacing beta but I'd just bought a new Mac and I think I was told my PC wouldn't run iRacing well??? I never joined leagues, I was too scared to apply, for some reason I was afraid of being rejected. I just played racing games on any platform, I still enjoyed Gran Turismo. I'd jump into random races online in various games. I always thought PC games were unrealistically hard to drive. I didn't get serious about sim racing until after I joined iRacing which I thought was unrealistically hard but the racing experience was something I hadn't experienced before. I think because I took it seriously it became more real to me. Then I focused on learning all I could and after I learned how to set a sim up I went back and applied that knowledge to my other games and my opinions of them changed. Suddenly those old Simbin games were really good and I was kind of sad I had missed the boat but it was a love/hate relationship because there was so much great stuff about it but the FFB felt terrible too me. Ever since that I've wanted a more modern version of the Simbin games with the things I didn't like much improved and with a racing structure like iRacing. To this day I think rFactor/2 is overrated and think people's opinion of those games is coloured by their history of using those games just like how while I was iRacing it was the king and anything else I tried didn't compare. But it took a break from all racing (I think my first break was due to an injury) to come back fresh and realise iRacing wasn't as realistic as I thought it was.

At some point I really started to find out about the workings of sims and when I started to evaluate them they all fell short. Sim Racing became a love/hate thing for me and I realised we never had it better with so many incredible games that were better than anything we ever had and just about reached the dreams I had as a child playing games. But I also realised they were all just games and they were all unrealistic and they all disappointed me in various ways. I was paying a lot of money for 2 of us on iRacing and getting to the point where I would need a 3rd account for my other son. I'd got my iRating up to over 4000 and was moving rapidly toward 5000 as my next goal but I found Top Split racing to be some of the dirtiest racing, I realised the protest system doesn't work, I realised the licensing system was a joke and way too easy. I had long known I couldn't just race anything I wanted because there were not enough members. I lost about 1000 iRating very quickly, I didn't really care about that but I had generally lost faith in the service and was starting to feel like I wasn't getting good value when I could jump into pub races on other platforms and had just as much chance of getting good races. I thought to myself if pub racing was just as hit or miss and if I have to join leagues why am I paying for iRacing especially since I didn't have the free time to commit to leagues. Then they put the price up and reduced the discount at the same time resulting in an effective price rise of 64% and after exchange rates and considering there were 3 of us wanting to do it I decided the value wasn't there and mostly hung up my gloves.

Every now and then I have done a race but I've been waiting for PCARS2 and GTS to see what they provide to see if I want to get us all back into serious sim racing or do other things with my kids. That's why I grabbed PC2 on the PS4 first. The kids have PS4's and PS+ so our only expense it a copy of the game each. I preordered one game and decided if it is good we'll all get it. If it isn't I can either give it to the kids or sell it. I have not decided its fate yet.

I have extensive real life experience working on cars and one of my qualifications relates to this. I've done plenty of work outside that qualification. I've owned my own business that included restoring cars and doing custom car work. I've worked on crazy projects. I've worked on race cars. I've been involved in the design and manufacture of ag and mining equipment. And I've done my share of illegal street racing. Right now I have an opportunity to get back into custom car work. I'm not well known but some who do know me from way back still have a high opinion of me. I've had 2 recent opportunities relating to cars but both involved running a business and I'm not sure if I want that responsibility and work load at this time and I'm lacking a bit of confidence having been away from that specific line of work for a number of years.

But in terms of sim racing that has put me in the position of being pretty handy at both setups and driver development so over the years I've been involved in providing setups to my race team, providing setups to the community, helping new drivers rapidly improve their lap times by a number of seconds. I've written sim racing guides. I've written reviews. I've also made a decent number of suggestions on the iRacing forums that were later implemented by iRacing. And I'm not claiming I know if it was because of my suggestions but at times it did seem be it by coincidence or not that they were often making that game more like what I wanted.

I have thousands of hours of experience in sims that are recognised as sims by the majority of people and I'd have that amount of time or more playing games.

I'm a member of many sim racing communities by various names and multiple accounts because a few I couldn't remember my details to. I'm pretty sure the account I'm using on GTP goes back to 2008 and it isn't my first account there as I couldn't even remember my original user name when I went back but that first account was created in 06 at the latest I think. Most I've never been active in and just lurk. When I am active I'm generally very active in one community at a time, often relating to a game or something that has my main focus at that time. Mostly during periods where I'm procrastinating. I have a problem with procrastination, I'm not kidding for me it is a serious issue. That's why you get posts like this from me and guides from me, it is a distraction.

But is that new to sim racing? I don't really think it is.

Civic
29-09-2017, 23:49
What's not to love? :cool:

There are plenty of things to love but to answer you question.

On the PS4....

A few serious bugs.

Some features missing that I was expecting based on information of what would be in the game not that long before the game was released.

A few bad design choices that have a negative impact on the user experience.

I'm not sure but are the TT's and Community event TT's cross platform? I was wondering why most of the times don't have ghosts and I suspected it is because they might have been run on another platform. If so then add it to the list because cross platform play vs PC would be a serious no no by taking away one of the biggest reasons to own a console, that is the level playing field.

BipolarTuna
30-09-2017, 00:20
I never played project cars 1, so I came into this game with no expectations, and yeah, I really like it. The AI is stupid and annoying at times, the tuning is LOL a lot of the times, but overall experience, with a wheel & a ultra wide screen monitor, is good. Being able to use my tablet for a shift light just blew me away, that is so friggin cool.

I can't wait for future improvements.

BreadedVirus
30-09-2017, 01:17
I love the Ford Mustang RTR GT4 so much, I have conveniently forgotten about the Boss 302 R1. I also love driving the Nissan GT-R GT3. I love this game enough to finally buy a proper wheelstand so I don't have to mount my T150 to my computer desk anymore. That should arrive in about 10 days or less.

What ffb settings are you using with your T150?

Copef1
30-09-2017, 01:58
I was a WMD member on Pcars1. When it came out I played it for a while the first couple of months, but could never really get it adjusted to my liking. After the first year, I never played it again. It just wasn't my cup of tea. I was skeptical about Pcars2, but had heard enough good things about it through the community that I decided to try it when they released it. I am extremely glad I did. To me it is like a completely new sim, when comparing to Pcars1. I think everything is better, and I can see myself spending a lot of time with it.

Ian Bell
30-09-2017, 02:16
We're enjoying the love. Thanks guys :)

ChivasRx
30-09-2017, 02:42
Being able to use my tablet for a shift light just blew me away, that is so friggin cool.

I can't wait for future improvements.

What's this shift light indicator on the tablet you're talking about? I'm interested. Going to search now...

NeonFlux
30-09-2017, 02:58
I love this game... a few niggles which will hopefully be sorted as we go forward.

I hated pcars 1 when it first came out. I was Miss Stroppy pants for a good few weeks and only perservered with it because my boyfriend and other friends were playing it. I ended up clocking up well over 1500 hours on it over 2 years.... lord only knows how many hours I'm going to end up doing on pcars 2.... it's a masterpiece. Well done sms ☺☺☺

Ian Bell
30-09-2017, 02:59
I love this game... a few niggles which will hopefully be sorted as we go forward.

I hated pcars 1 when it first came out. I was Miss Stroppy pants for a good few weeks and only perservered with it because my boyfriend and other friends were playing it. I ended up clocking up well over 1500 hours on it over 2 years.... lord only knows how many hours I'm going to end up doing on pcars 2.... it's a masterpiece. Well done sms ☺☺☺

And more ladies please. Call your friends!

Khyber GT
30-09-2017, 03:00
I love it but it needs voice chat bad. I can't communicate in VR with other drivers and they can't communicate with me in open mp.

NeonFlux
30-09-2017, 03:01
And more ladies please. Call your friends!

Unfortunately I don't have any female friends that are into racing... they all think I'm a bit bonkers spending so much time racing lol

bubbadabutcher
30-09-2017, 03:08
I'm loving my time in pc2. sure it has some bugs that I hope are fixed asap but the feel in most cars, even with a controller, is simply brilliant. in my opinion, what sms has done with the physics this and dynamic etc :very_drunk: on a small by modern standards budget is really special. keep turning out games for racers and I'll keep buying them.

matter of fact, I'm going to buy the season pass tonight. it's both less expensive and seemingly a better value than the other thing I was going to spend my money on today.

PeterK_001
30-09-2017, 03:10
Project Cars 2 is absolutely wonderful as a true SIM racing game. I love it's authenticity and those that do not can play with something that suits their need for simplicity or more arcade style.
There are some issues though that I hope will be fixed. The graphics on the PS4 are slightly degraded from PCars 1 and my love of racing at classic Monza just needs a little attention to fix the replay track-side camera which does not operate.

All in all though. Thank you SMS for bringing this to us.;););)

Gethema
30-09-2017, 07:58
Loving it. Seing myself spending hundreds of joyful hours with PC2, as already with PC1.

Knowing SMS' dedication, I look forward to the things to come and the remaining bugs to be crushed SMSsoon. :)

Robhd
30-09-2017, 08:30
Ok.. I will hands up, finally after heavy patching I was starting to enjoy AC on xbox... But thats out the window now!

I really loved PC1 and PC2 is clearly a big step forward... Once the A1 and usual early gremlins are sorted... Such as the ffb effects with wheels, although i am not yet convinced if this is an actual fault or just my technical ineptituide...lol

I suppose the real test is would i buy it again... Yes one squillion percent
Will i buy the dlc... Have my money now!.. Oh, you've got it i bought the pass this week.

Pass that Wookie and the team very one large chicken dinners... Because they are definitely winner, winners!

Oops.. Sorry Cluck mate!

BSNismo
30-09-2017, 08:32
I agree with the majority in here, SMS have finally delivered what was promised with PCARS and possibly what the SHIFT series could have been. I've been critical over the years as I just never played anything close to this in the SHIFT and PCARS games

I think I booted up PCARS for an hour when it was free on Xbox and just got so frustrated with the controls and physics and gave up. This time right away, though I have edited the controller settings now, out of the box they were actually drivable this time. Physics though is the biggest suprise for me, it just feels right now,cars respond to input perfectly and do so with some real fidelity, something SMS had never delivered since GTR. I'm a pad user and so maybe I'm not the best judge but there is night and day difference on the pad alone between 1 and 2. The cars remind me of a modern GTR but obviously more advanced now, but that same planted race car feel but the physics spring to life when you really start pushing.

The feeling of weight transfer I think is the best out there, you can catch slides and produce powerslide very easily. Same with under braking. Not sure if it's because I'm on pad, but it does feel a bit vague for me on the straights. I mean I see bumps on the track but get no such feedback on the pad for this, so it can give a slight floaty feel on the straights. Maybe it's just the lack of FFB wheel that I get this but the rest is excellent.

I'm suffering online though with a lot of lag spikes that cause the physics to get weird and lead to crashes etc. I hope in the patches this can be fixed as the races I have had have been the best on console ever for me. It really does feel like a PC sim on console with good driver etiquette online.

BTW, the music in this game is fantastic. Again the GTR vibe.

Anyway I've been highly critical over the years but credit where credits due and at the end of the day all I wanted was a polished simulation with well simulation physics.

BipolarTuna
30-09-2017, 08:39
What's this shift light indicator on the tablet you're talking about? I'm interested. Going to search now...

Dash Panel in the google app store. The one I use, is "Digital dash with shift light" down the bottom of the list.

Raklodder
30-09-2017, 08:42
There should be an option for us who are split, who want to love it, but can't due to bugs - not voting until then.
I'm full of shit and just cast my vote: "I love it!"

The VR experience blow my mind.

Looks twice as good as Assetto Corsa while also performing better.

Will of course change my Steam review to reflect that.

Ian Bell
30-09-2017, 08:53
I'm full of shit and just cast my vote: "I love it!"

The VR experience blow my mind.

Looks twice as good as Assetto Corsa while also performing better.

Will of course change my Steam review to reflect that.

Love a bit of bigness and honesty :)

major sunscreen
30-09-2017, 09:05
I'm pretty blown away by it to be honest. Just made the switch to running it on my pc after xbox one- the first racing game I've run on it as it's mostly used for Arma 3. Totally blown away by it and I'm running trackir with it too which is very immersive. Using the sim dashboard app for really accurate fuel etc which adds a nice layer- finshed last race back to the pits with .3 left in tanks, thats how accurate it is. Home built cockpit now means my pc and associated bits are scattered around my study like some kind of life support device for the drooling grinning maniac sat in the middle. I'm off downstairs in a minute to fill a pan with old engine oil to add that extra layer of stench immersion ;-p Nice work SMS. Just the tyre heat tweaks and then my wife is officially a project cars 2 widow..

Janneman60
30-09-2017, 09:09
These are my first few weeks with PC2. Version one I tried but not impressed at all by the handling. But now PC2 has rallycross in it that is the main reason for buying it. And then why not have fun with all the other raceseries?

I sure not hate it, but for now there is also not much love for the game. People talk about a sim. I don't find it a sim. Difficult is not the same as sim. Driving it I miss the feeling if being in a racecar. Still miss the bite in handling going into turns. Often feeld like a boat. Coming from dirt rally the sounds are bad

On the positive side the graphics are good, career mode us fun and the variety of races/circuits/cars is awesum.

Mowzer
30-09-2017, 10:09
Loving every moment ;).

Civic
30-09-2017, 14:20
So I finally gave in and tried to race online. What a nightmare. The first 10-20 sessions I tried to get in I just could not get in. Then finally I started to get in but do you think there are any clues as to how to navigate? Nope, I had no idea what I was doing and I haven't managed to make one race start yet even though I've qualified well lots of times. But somehow I always land back on the main screen.

Nothing about the interface is user friendly in online. It isn't intuitive. There is no warning if you press the wrong button.

And the lag constantly, what a nightmare.

I'm an Aussie and I have no idea where the server i am joining is. I've mostly landed in UK rooms so far I think but I think that has a lot to do with why it is so hard for me to even make it into a room.

Now I need to go and find a video or guide to find out what I am doing wrong. It really shouldn't be this hard but right now I'm hating it. This rates as the most difficult, most frustrating, the worst experience I have ever had trying to race online. Hopefully I can work it out and things will start to improve but I'm definitely starting my account again once I work it out as for all my starts I currently have a zero completion rate.

Plato99
30-09-2017, 15:55
Love the racing, love the circuits. It's like a playable encyclopaedia of the history of motor racing. For that alone it is worth buying.
Once the crackpot AI is fixed it will be truly magnificent. It already is, but it'll be even more magnificenter :)

However, on the minus side the interface is shocking. Navigating the menus is a chore and I keep finding myself exiting screens when I don't want to. Car selection and crew chief dialogue being the classic examples.
It's the best thing ever installed on my XB1, and it's up against some stiff competition with GTA V, Elite Dangerous, and Fallout 4.

The attention to detail is stunning. I was marshalling at Donington a few weeks ago and I just noticed they've even modelled the toilets BEHIND the pitlane !!!

Ravager619
30-09-2017, 16:37
What ffb settings are you using with your T150?

I didn't change anything other than decreasing the brake pedal sensitivity. I kept locking up the brakes on the game's default settings when I use the default setups.

Ravager619
30-09-2017, 16:39

This made me very happy last night. I ran some laps in practice and Time Trial mode at Long Beach, and it was a blast. The novelty of driving those streets well above the posted speed limit and getting away with it hasn't worn off yet.

sirsilver1968
01-10-2017, 20:34
The turbo spooling up sound on that 288 gto makes my neck hairs stand on end, the audio on pcars 2 is simply sublime.

dault3883
01-10-2017, 20:36
This made me very happy last night. I ran some laps in practice and Time Trial mode at Long Beach, and it was a blast. The novelty of driving those streets well above the posted speed limit and getting away with it hasn't worn off yet.

its why i love street courses. Legal Street Racing

Wuseldinger
01-10-2017, 21:11
First impressions were mixed. Took me quite some testing to get into it. Steering Wheel and car setup wise. But it pays out to dive into these things.
If i am loving it? - Its a blast!!! - especially the weather system, i've never had so much fun driving in the rain. And i even prefer it now! :eagerness:
Most memorable race until now was with GT3 on the Nordschleife, in pouring rain at night. Man that was super intense!

JanvH
01-10-2017, 21:27
I think the transition from having grip, loosing grip and regaining it feels so progressive and subtle - absolutely amazing and feels so satisfying. That and how you can use weight transfer to get cars around corners put a smile on my face. Kudos to the developers for coming up with that tyre model. :applause:

m355y
01-10-2017, 21:32
I love Long Beach. Just did a race in the Indycar there. The feeling of pushing, particularly through the first sector, is incredible. Enter first corner wide and quick, clip the apex and run as close to the wall as you dare, feel the car squirming as you get back on the power and hurl it into that weird roundabout, then straight out and along the wall again clipping the kerb (got two wheels off the ground pretty much every lap). Fantastic.

Then it all went strange in the pits again, but hey.

nO_d3N1AL
01-10-2017, 22:03
I'd like it a lot more if it didn't have obvious bugs. I'm so disappointed in myself for getting this on launch.

snakehands
02-10-2017, 11:09
I'd like it a lot more if it didn't have obvious bugs. I'm so disappointed in myself for getting this on launch.

Oh come on! Every big release has bugs. What you gonna do, get everything 6months after release? Suppose everyone did that!

Roger Prynne
02-10-2017, 11:19
Although I don't really agree with this Poll being made, the results do prove something.

PervasiveFall8
02-10-2017, 11:37
I'm 48hours in career and LOVE IT.

There are issues that get undermyskin. But I have faith the dev/quali team will be working on those.
Obviously I wouldn't have 50hours into a game that I was not enjoying.

Civic
02-10-2017, 11:41
Although I don't really agree with this Poll being made, the results do prove something.

Yes they do prove something, that only 209 people as of this moment on this forum love the game. That's not a number to be proud of.

Any person with half a brain would realise the majority of people who hate the game wouldn't waste their time on the game's forum so they wouldn't be represented in the poll. Only an unbalanced person who actually hated the game would waste their time on the forum and most people are sane.

But if only 209 people currently love the game that leaves a lot of people who don't love or hate the game considering the forum has 145,000 members. Such a poor result in this poll is something to be ashamed of I'm sorry.

But that's okay because there is a lot to love about this game and everything wrong with it is fixable. But that can only happen if you guys start taking criticism a bit more seriously. 80% ratings? 209 out of 145,000 is a long way short of 80%. Maybe it is time to work out why thousands of people are not declaring their Love for this game here of all places on the games forum.

I'm not kidding, if the people who actually want to like this game are telling you what they think is wrong with it and you tell them to shut up because design choice or try to BS them and say it's fine it just has a few minor issues and they should be happy because some generic game site has an 80% review. Well what you end up with is only 209 people willing to say they love the game.

Underneath it is a great game, we all know it, we want to love it. Start listening to the people who don't love it yet when they tell you what needs to happen for them to love it and that poll result could actually be something to be proud of.

m355y
02-10-2017, 12:13
Have a look around the board though - people who hate it are very vocal. Vocal minority it seems. I think the results are quite telling.

Personally I haven't voted either way yet because I wanted to make a more informed choice after trying more of it out. But I'm leaning towards 'love it'

JoshTheGeologist
02-10-2017, 13:27
I'm disappointed by the amount of bugs in the game... But that hasn't stopped me from playing for a second. I love this game so much. LOVE LOVE LOVEEEEEEE

Tackleberry
02-10-2017, 13:33
Initial reaction was...........WTF !

However after downloading the update and persevering with the FFB set up, I now cannot put the game down :D

Krazy Kutter
02-10-2017, 14:07
I need a third option for both.

major sunscreen
02-10-2017, 14:23
Yes they do prove something, that only 209 people as of this moment on this forum love the game. That's not a number to be proud of.

Any person with half a brain would realise the majority of people who hate the game wouldn't waste their time on the game's forum so they wouldn't be represented in the poll. Only an unbalanced person who actually hated the game would waste their time on the forum and most people are sane.

But if only 209 people currently love the game that leaves a lot of people who don't love or hate the game considering the forum has 145,000 members. Such a poor result in this poll is something to be ashamed of I'm sorry.

But that's okay because there is a lot to love about this game and everything wrong with it is fixable. But that can only happen if you guys start taking criticism a bit more seriously. 80% ratings? 209 out of 145,000 is a long way short of 80%. Maybe it is time to work out why thousands of people are not declaring their Love for this game here of all places on the games forum.

I'm not kidding, if the people who actually want to like this game are telling you what they think is wrong with it and you tell them to shut up because design choice or try to BS them and say it's fine it just has a few minor issues and they should be happy because some generic game site has an 80% review. Well what you end up with is only 209 people willing to say they love the game.

Underneath it is a great game, we all know it, we want to love it. Start listening to the people who don't love it yet when they tell you what needs to happen for them to love it and that poll result could actually be something to be proud of.

I had project cars 1 for about a year before I even realised there was a forum, and never bothered posting even though I loved it. Project Cars 2 is running the risk of turning me into a serial poster, not only because of tweaks that are being flagged, but also more because there's so many layers to the game that I'm trying to understand, which is a good thing. By the way- here's another one!! Is there a way of turning OFF the engine in the garage? It's nice to enjoy some peace and quiet once you're enjoying a cuppa while the opposition attempt to match your godlike pole time..

VetteZ51
02-10-2017, 14:46
Absolutely thrilled with PC2! I've been playing nothing but racing games for the last couple years and out of all of them PC2 is my favourite by far. Well done SMS! Keep up the great work...:D

snakehands
02-10-2017, 15:12
I had project cars 1 for about a year before I even realised there was a forum, and never bothered posting even though I loved it. Project Cars 2 is running the risk of turning me into a serial poster, not only because of tweaks that are being flagged, but also more because there's so many layers to the game that I'm trying to understand, which is a good thing. By the way- here's another one!! Is there a way of turning OFF the engine in the garage? It's nice to enjoy some peace and quiet once you're enjoying a cuppa while the opposition attempt to match your godlike pole time..

There’s no ignition switch that I can find, so I just stall the engine.

hkraft300
02-10-2017, 15:14
Had a race Sunday night. 10 laps GTE in the rain, at Nur GP. Default setups. I'm in the 488.
1st corner the braking was terrible! Shifted the bias back, all good. Surprising amount of traction on exit. More grip on-throttle than PC1, but much less grip on the brakes. The work with Pirelli is paying off, I guess.
Otherwise the wet track drives about the same as PC1. Track looks ... same. What's the big deal with LT3? Whatever. I'm in P3 already. Time to push on.

Lap 2 coming up the back straight. Bit of a puddle forming at the kink. That's nice to see. At the final turn apex there's a puddle too, and I loved the sound of water splashing as I drove through it at speed. So that's LT3 is it? So much for the hype...

Lap 3 down the back straight again. Aim for the apex of the kink. The puddle looked a bit bigger. I adjust slightly away from the apex, but catch the puddle and it throws the car full sideways. I yell in shock, slide along square to the track and somehow pull it together. The guys ask what happened. I explain, still amazed at what I just experienced as I approach the final turn, distracted. I turn in towards the apex. "Oh, shit" I say to myself. The puddle there is even bigger and it's too late to dodge it. Round we go. The way the water pulled at the wheel that fraction before dragging the car around... the sound of the water splash...
I'd always driven through "water" in games with complete disregard. Because it's always had zero consequences.
Until now.
Sim racing will never be the same again.

Bravo, SMS.

Roger Prynne
02-10-2017, 15:15
There’s no ignition switch that I can find, so I just stall the engine.
You can assign a button/key to Ignition and Start the Engine.

snakehands
02-10-2017, 15:22

The people who don’t love the game tend to be a waste of oxygen when it come to sim racing though. I think most knowledgeable sim racers accept it’s a big jump forwards in terms of realism, going by an aggregate of respected YouTube reviewers I’ve seen, especially with the VR support. Nothing comes close, PC2 leaves iRacing stalled on the grid.

Other reviewers, though, they should stick to mine craft.

major sunscreen
02-10-2017, 15:48
You can assign a button/key to Ignition and Start the Engine.

Thanks Roger. Actually want to turn it off ;) peace and quiet in the pits..

Roger Prynne
02-10-2017, 15:51
Cant you just press 'Ignition' in the pits to turn off the engine?

major sunscreen
02-10-2017, 16:00

That's what I thought but I think because you can't just sit there, ie you either have the menu or monitor up, it locks out the keyboard command I guess.. if anyone manages it let me know!

Roger Prynne
02-10-2017, 16:03
Ah I see what you mean, never tried it myself so didn't know.
So cant you just press mute on whatever sound device you are using?

snakehands
02-10-2017, 16:05

There’s an ignition switch? I could only find the starter switch.

major sunscreen
02-10-2017, 16:15

Lol yeah. If you have pedals and are in a car with a sequential gearbox turn off automatic clutch. I bet you stall trying to drive out the pits ;p You'll need to map the button though.. I had a frantic fumble for all the wrong reasons after spinning and stalling earlier.. the language in my house has seen a marked downturn recently..

Roger Prynne
02-10-2017, 16:16

major sunscreen
02-10-2017, 16:18
Ignition is like the 'battery master' switch. It provides electrical power to the car systems. The 'start' switch actually fires up the engine..

major sunscreen
02-10-2017, 16:22
Ah I see what you mean, never tried it myself so didn't know.
So cant you just press mute on whatever sound device you are using?

I like to listen to the ambience once my work is complete but like the tree huggers suggest turning off my own engine would be a nice immersion step..imagine if you will me sat in my garage at knockers beside my clio, sipping on my tea..listening to the desperate efforts of the also rans..

snakehands
02-10-2017, 16:36
Ignition is like the 'battery master' switch. It provides electrical power to the car systems. The 'start' switch actually fires up the engine..

Yes, i know all that, but for some odd reason I never saw the ignition option despite looking more than twice. Old age.

snakehands
02-10-2017, 16:38
Lol yeah. If you have pedals and are in a car with a sequential gearbox turn off automatic clutch. I bet you stall trying to drive out the pits ;p You'll need to map the button though.. I had a frantic fumble for all the wrong reasons after spinning and stalling earlier.. the language in my house has seen a marked downturn recently..

Yep, almost worn out the starter switch already!

Nomad_pt
02-10-2017, 16:53
I just bought a T300RS GT Edition for this game alone and I must say that this thing is outstanding and addictive.
I want to point out one thing, there are many cars from Pcars 1 that are missing in Pcars 2 like the whole Ariel brand, the Gumpert Apollo S, the Mercedes SLS AMG and many others. I think the players are missing out on the vehicles, specially the Ariel Atom V8.

r18etron
02-10-2017, 18:12
I really like this game! But i must say i hate the snow races in career mode, it feels out of place with a GT3 race in snow. But what i do is that i just skip that race and hope i can make up the points in the following races!
Live track is amazing, going form rain to a dry track is so much fun!

E_Luckow
02-10-2017, 19:06
Really enjoyed PCars1...and I'm in love with PCars2

Thanks guys! :eagerness:

MajkiMajk
02-10-2017, 20:23
Good optimization, great car physics (especially bloody Lotus 49C :-p), preservation of rain on the windshield just g8, not like in Forza 7 -_-. Generally, I have a nice time with pCARS 2 ;-)

hkraft300
02-10-2017, 20:40
I like to listen to the ambience once my work is complete but like the tree huggers suggest turning off my own engine would be a nice immersion step..

Stall it.
Manual pits enabled will start you in the garage. Manual clutch you can just release without any revs and stall the engine off.

Civic
02-10-2017, 22:05
Have a look around the board though - people who hate it are very vocal. Vocal minority it seems. I think the results are quite telling.

Personally I haven't voted either way yet because I wanted to make a more informed choice after trying more of it out. But I'm leaning towards 'love it'

Are the people who hate it very vocal or are the people who want to love it but are very disappointed very vocal. I'm very vocal but have not voted in this poll because there isn't an option that I identify with.

jim jonez
02-10-2017, 22:12
Takes a while to fall in love.....still dating :D

Schnizz58
02-10-2017, 22:18
Takes a while to fall in love.....still dating :D

I'm still playing hard to get. Haven't felt too compelled to buy the game yet. It seems that a number of bugs we had in PC1 are still there along with some new ones. XBox in particular seems to suffer from several bugs that should have been found on the first day of testing. So I'm still in wait-and-see mode. Hopefully things improve.

Civic
02-10-2017, 22:31

There are 145,000 members of this forum with the forum recognising 9,000 as active with far more members online at any given time than what has voted in this poll.

You can assign a starter but I'm not sure if it can be used to start the engine and it would disable auto start. You can stall the car but be aware there is a bug that causes engine sounds to sometimes disappear when you start the car. The work around is to stall the car and restart the engine and engine sounds will come back.

Underneath this is an incredible game, the level of simulation and the driving experience in many of the cars is incredible.

But there are some serious issues at the moment with the release especially for console users.

And in addition to these bugs there are terrible design decision which are worse than the bugs because the feedback we are getting from SMS is these things are intentional which leads people to believe they will not be addressed.

These terrible design issues have a very negative impact on the user experience and if there is no hope that these design choices will be addressed because they are not bugs then a good game has been intentionally gimped.

The people who donít love the game tend to be a waste of oxygen when it come to sim racing though. I think most knowledgeable sim racers accept itís a big jump forwards in terms of realism, going by an aggregate of respected YouTube reviewers Iíve seen, especially with the VR support. Nothing comes close, PC2 leaves iRacing stalled on the grid.

Other reviewers, though, they should stick to mine craft.

I'm sorry but you should do some self evaluation. You just said that people who don't agree with you are a waste of oxygen.

The people who think this game has issues can very easily explain what is wrong with it. This fact makes their opinions valid. Also do you really think only two hundred people saying they love this game is something to be proud of? With such an incredible sim underneath that number should be thousands at least. This game can easily be incredible, most of us are love a lot about this game but are very disappointed with some serious issues.

This game only leaves iRacing on the grid in regards to the driving experience. iRacing destroys this game in the regards to the racing experience. Or are you going to tell me that online racing where the screen freezes and you can't reconnect to a race and has less features and provides inadequate information is actually better?

snakehands
03-10-2017, 05:16
There are 145,000 members of this forum with the forum recognising 9,000 as active with far more members online at any given time than what has voted in this poll.

You can assign a starter but I'm not sure if it can be used to start the engine and it would disable auto start. You can stall the car but be aware there is a bug that causes engine sounds to sometimes disappear when you start the car. The work around is to stall the car and restart the engine and engine sounds will come back.

Underneath this is an incredible game, the level of simulation and the driving experience in many of the cars is incredible.

But there are some serious issues at the moment with the release especially for console users.

And in addition to these bugs there are terrible design decision which are worse than the bugs because the feedback we are getting from SMS is these things are intentional which leads people to believe they will not be addressed.

These terrible design issues have a very negative impact on the user experience and if there is no hope that these design choices will be addressed because they are not bugs then a good game has been intentionally gimped.

I'm sorry but you should do some self evaluation. You just said that people who don't agree with you are a waste of oxygen.

The people who think this game has issues can very easily explain what is wrong with it. This fact makes their opinions valid. Also do you really think only two hundred people saying they love this game is something to be proud of? With such an incredible sim underneath that number should be thousands at least. This game can easily be incredible, most of us are love a lot about this game but are very disappointed with some serious issues.

This game only leaves iRacing on the grid in regards to the driving experience. iRacing destroys this game in the regards to the racing experience. Or are you going to tell me that online racing where the screen freezes and you can't reconnect to a race and has less features and provides inadequate information is actually better?

You should post a review highlighting your issues. But I best you never will. Maybe you sent to much on your iracing bitch to love this sim.

Ravager619
03-10-2017, 05:20

I love this PWC livery. Thanks for including this one in the game.

hkraft300
03-10-2017, 06:12
You should post a review highlighting your issues. But I best you never will. Maybe you sent to much on your iracing bitch to love this sim.

Easy. I feel bad for the iracing guys.
They spend so much on it, they need to justify it don't they!
It's OK. For those who can afford iceracing go right ahead :o

Oh, wait a minute...

fjacobsen
03-10-2017, 06:17
I really like PC2 despite the bugs found so far. With all the content and features it would be naive to think that it would be perfect from day one.

I have played PC1, AC, F1 2012 - 2017, Dirt Rally, Dirt 4 and feels that PC2 is on par with AC - if not slightly better - at least I have more fun.

Yesterday I had a Rally cross race at Dirtfish in the vintage Escort - Itīs a long time since I had so much fun in a racing sim.

FinnJ

MadHaze
03-10-2017, 07:22
A Solid 9/10 from me.

Pros: the amount of cars , tracks , graphics, physics, the game runs smooth and is packed full of features . The License system is a great idea and I believe actually works (from my experience )

Cons: Bugs : Some server settings don't seem to take effect , e.g cant enable mechanical failures , flags and leaving the pits manually . No warnings at all while out on track in multi player.

I've spent most of my time in practice/time trial or online. So these are the only pros and cons I've come across .

Civic
03-10-2017, 10:52

That's funny. I'm pretty sure that I've already posted this here but I let my iRacing sub expire a long time ago now. But yeah I spent around a grand on iRacing, no regrets. I enjoyed most of my time there, I purchased most of the content so if I ever decided to go back I get the maximum discounts. I have no intention of going back at the moment.

For what it is worth I posted lots of issues initially and then a mod gave me crap for making a thread about a bug after I asked another mod permission and my issues have been posted by plenty of others and I can see the reaction to those issues.

I've lost days in game play just to trying to work around issues. I'm pretty sure I was one of the first people to work out the workaround to the HUD saving issue. When my game started locking up completely requiring restarting the app each time I really didn't want to delete my career so I left that career alone and played throw away accounts waiting for a patch until I realised it is good enough to just delete your tune saves as long as you keep deleting them every day.

I've talked about my online issues where I couldn't even join a lobby for my first 10-20 attempts. I'm not alone, there is a thread on it. Once I finally got in a lobby do you think I could work out how to actually get in a race? No way. I was ending up as a spectator or I'd get a waiting screen that gave me only the option to exit and it would never progress to anything else. But when I checked my license it was recording that I entered qualifying and races but didn't complete them. My licensed was being tarnished for spectating and not even letting me race. I qualified on pole but it never let me in the race and then my license did not give me the pole stat but it did record I entered qualifying and the race.

But those qualifying sessions were a nightmare to drive with constant stuttering. The screen was pausing constantly making it almost impossible to drive. I could see the stuttering occurred when ever someone joined the session but it wasn't limited to that and it would happen all the time. Not only is it very uncomfortably jarring but when you are in a critical corner it is very difficult to not crash.

Then I find out when you get disconnected you can't rejoin that lobby like you can in other sims.

And when I finally started to make it into races I find out there is no information about the race. So those sessions where I rushed into the session because qualifying only had a few minutes left and I forgot to check the details of the race, there was no way to know the details of the race. A few times when I asked I got no answer. In one race I asked at Bathurst and was told "30 laps I think", my response was "I hope not". I thought for sure this kid was pulling my chain. So I put 35 litres of fuel in just in case the race went for 10 laps. Start the race and see there are 25 laps. All i could do was try and put as much distance between me and the pack so hopefully when I pit I wouldn't come last, when I came into pit I worked out I required 40L. Thankfully when I came out I was in a close 3rd place, I knew I could still win this. I won that one and I'll admit it was a fun race despite all the issues.

The actual interface and filters are terrible. There are not enough filters especially for if the user numbers grow. You can't filter by track, you can't filter by car, you can't filter by license. There is not enough information on the main screen. You don't know what the ping is like, you don't know what car they are driving. If they are in qualifying you don't know how many laps the race is. I still don't know if there is any way to determine if damage is turned on or not. But to find out anything you need to enter lobbies. That's a terrible interface. Then like I said even when you are in the lobby there still seems to be important information missing. Then like I said once you move on from the lobby there is no way to check any information about the race from that point on. Have a connection issue in an endurance race, on other sims no problem just rejoin and start from the pit as if you had a mechanical issue and rejoin, not in this game. 24 hour races, what a joke if you can't reconnect to a race if you are disconnected.

Knowing if a race has weather changing or not is real important for me at the moment. I don't know if I'm the only person who has this issue but my tyres in pit management don't match the names and they also don't match the tyres in the tuning section. So if you jump in a lobby and the car is a fixed car and they have weather changes how do I know what tyres to select when I pit?

Time trials with generic grouping that pit unmatched cars against each other so you can't easily see where you stand in a car you like because you must compete against the tuned version of the fastest car.

Come around a corner only to have half my screen turn white.

Have my engine sounds disappear requiring me to stall the car and restart it. But I only just worked out that, before I worked that out I was restarting the session to get my sound back, then I worked out I could just go back to the pit and I think it was yesterday I worked out if I stalled the car restarting it would bring my engine sounds back. Speaking of sounds, they are so quiet I can hear people at the other end of the house over my headphones and yet despite being so quiet some cars still sound distorted.

How about having my wheel pull to the left. To make it work again I must restart.

How about despite there being a save bug that crashes my game if I don't delete saves I still need to save because if I don't save at the start of every session there is carry over from the last session. If I switch cars the new car is somehow corrupted by the last car unless I simply go into tuning then go out and save that setup. Only then does the car behave normally. So the fix I read to never save doesn't work. I must save and then I must constantly delete those saves just so I can play my game. At least this means most of the time I am not suffering from the tyre temperature issues as badly as others as this method of saving seems to reduce the effect of that bug.

So I felt good that I finally got a couple of online races allowing me to progress to F. So I go to bed but when I come back in the morning and load back into the game the first thing I notice is in the top right hand corner I'm back on U???

Some cars are phenomenal and are the reason I really want this game to be great but some cars are just not on the same level and mainly because for some reason they don't have any body roll. I mean really, no roll in an L49? Dead flat all the time? my favourite car in almost every sim is one of the most disappointing cars in this game and interestingly every time I see a car get bad reviews it is a car that doesn't have any graphical body roll.

How much time did I spend trying to dial in the FFB to just work good enough? Just go look at my posts on the subject. The G29 thread is one of the bigger threads but just looking around the forums I can see the issues with FFB are not limited to the G29.

Assigning functions to buttons doesn't always work.

This is some of the more notable stuff off the top of my head right now. Of course there are little things like the persistence issues or AI ramming on any setting or requiring a button to always be wasted by being assigned to camera because the game randomly decides to switch camera away from Cockpit and I even set helmet as identical but it doesn't switch to that, it switches to bumper cam. But like I said I'm not mentioning anything that hasn't been mentioned by others and thankfully I also have not had every issue others have mentioned.

The driving experience in the goods cars is phenomenal, the best IMO. The tyre model might have some minor bugs but is again the best IMO. The issues are fixable. The interface in places is great and in others is terrible. The online racing is the worst implementation of online racing I have encountered despite appearing to have great net code for close racing. And that is saying something because I've had AC right from the start. The game is missing features I specifically bought it for but then considering how bad the online racing has been implemented those features are pointless. This game is not suitable for league racing or competitive racing at this time. Weather isn't much good if the pit interface doesn't work and there is no point trying long races when you can't reconnect to a race after a disconnection.

I doubt you would have even read all this.

Konan
03-10-2017, 13:58
Please do not quote the post above...one page is enough...short summarries are a blessing...
@civic: we got it by now...:cool:

Jezza819
03-10-2017, 18:57
Thanks to SMS for making the Ford Sierra Cosworth actually sound like a race car this time. I hated how quiet that car was in PCars1.

Civic
03-10-2017, 19:10
Please do not quote the post above...one page is enough...short summarries are a blessing...

I know but he didn't, did he and do you think the way he talked to me is cool? If it was someone who isn't so in love with PC2 talking to him like that, are those comments acceptable?

FWIW he did ask me to do a review because my apparently my shorter comment wasn't good enough.

I'm happy to say it offers what I think is the best driving experience I have had in any game but is let down by a terrible implementation of online racing and lots of issues including some that are effecting game play. The AI is bad too but I never bought the game for AI.

Itsdoomsday48
03-10-2017, 19:34
Still struggling with the FFB on my TX playing on XB1. No one car feels the same. I jump into one GT5 car and run smooth, I jump into another GT5 car and I feel like I'm driving into turns made of ice on dry pavement. Best example of the FFB issues I've been having I had last night. Ran a 20 lap Indy Car race on Sonoma National with 20 AI cars. The first 5-6 laps the FFB was fine, no jittering left and right on the straights or having to crank the wheel too much on tight turns. By lap 10 the wheel becomes so unstable that its unplayable. The jerking left and right down straights makes it impossible to stay in a straight line. The wheel rotation goes away at almost the same rate. By lap 10 I have to back my corner up 20-30 mph just to make the turn because I have to put so much wheel into the car. I also experienced moments where the for 2-3 seconds the FFB goes away all together through a turn and I feel not resistance in the wheel. I'm tried and tweaked more settings than I'd like to write down. I'm tried different cars, tracks, number of AI, weather and still haven't been able to reach a point where this game feels comfortable to play.

It boggles my mind that a game like F1 2017 can work fine right out of the box with default FFB settings and zero tweaking but PC2 which prides itself on being a top of the line sim and "meant" for wheels has been such a struggle. I could honestly pop in FM6 and play that on a wheel with less issues than PC2 right now.

And if anyone wants proof of what i'm experiencing, I would be happy to record a video of my wheel, I'll run the exact same race and settings that I mentioned above

bmanic
03-10-2017, 19:46
I know but he didn't, did he and do you think the way he talked to me is cool? If it was someone who isn't so in love with PC2 talking to him like that, are those comments acceptable?

FWIW he did ask me to do a review because my apparently my shorter comment wasn't good enough.

I'm happy to say it offers what I think is the best driving experience I have had in any game but is let down by a terrible implementation of online racing and lots of issues including some that are effecting game play. The AI is bad too but I never bought the game for AI.

I agree with you on many of the issues. And no, it's not cool how some people here post (note to mods: THIS is an example where you guys should be fair and warn the user, no matter how much he/she loves pCars 2).

Also, all of you guys ciriticizing iRacing are only shooting yourself in the foot and making yourself look silly. There are some absolutely awesome features in iRacing that make it deserve the praise it gets, lets not forget that. Sure, the actual physics are a bit hit and miss (have always been so, ever since GPL days even) and perhaps some people don't realize this but that's not the only thing making a game great, as evident by pCars 2 too.

Anyhow, I'm sure the multiplayer will be improved. As an iRacer one would imagine that you'd be quite used to waiting for features and bugs to be fixed, no? I mean, iRacing is soon 10 years old so the polish of it's online part isn't something that happened over night. I know, because I was there since the beta (2008). I highly suggest giving SMS some time to fix the obvious things that are missing (many of which you mentioned in your thorough and detailed post).

Robhd
03-10-2017, 21:19
Let me nail my colours to the mast from the start, i am a big supporter of PC and have had many happy hours after the initial frustration with PC1 and initially really enjoyed PC2 BUT i do have a few reservations at the moment having spent a little longer with the game, so here goes...

Initially it was wow! As an xbox player this felt like a big step forward but there are real problems with the A1, damage model and with the handling of some of the cars I have tried... Almost to the point were it feels like they took the handling model/settingd from the old game and stuffed them into the new engine, and its causing problems. It feels like the devs have spent their energies on the bells and whistles and almost assumed the basics would be fine straight out of the box... And in many ways it isn't there yet!

It will be very onvious i am no tecchie, but this is just how it feels imho..

I have every confidence the issues will be addressed and then we will really have an extraordinary game to enjoy and marvel at... Its just the now bit thats hards... Xmas eve in slow motion waiting for xmas day to finally roll in

But hey ho... Merry Xmas eceryone... I am 100 percent it will be a crackin new year...lol

Spongelton
03-10-2017, 21:55
I own pretty much every race sim. Only one I actively dislike, and I'm going back to Grand Prix Legends, is Assetto Corsa.

I'm an iRacing member. Others sims I look to for good offline fun. I funded PCars 1 and Pcars 2 wasn't really on my radar. Read the website a couple of weeks before release and had to pick my jaw up off the floor. Awesome car selection. Interesting tracks! I'm disabled and have low income and the deluxe was a big ask but I'd only bought one other big game this year so decided it was an early Christmas present.

No regrets at all. Aside from a few issues to start I've had no other problems and am absolutely loving it. With PC1 I just never gelled with it. Only a few car/track combos were any fun. PC2 I'm loving every combination. I had a session with a Lotus 25 around the Horse Thief track of Willow Springs and had an enormous grin on my face. Most fun I've had in a sim in years, and I was doing was hot lapping. (I'm very slow but whatever, I have fun...)

So definitely hard into the LOVE IT category.

ChristsChinHair
03-10-2017, 22:44
Yep, despite the hugely annoying repetitive online crashes and aborts that frankly make you want to give up, the actual sim improvements are monumental. It's definitely closer to the real thing and once the rating system, audio levels, glitches, AI bugs are sorted. It will be way beyond everything we had a year ago. Update patches eagerly awaited. In the meantime, patience is the virtue.

mcbrew
04-10-2017, 15:47
Love it!

I`ve played a lot (A LOT) of Project Cars 1 and i have the feeling this one could be the one i`m gonna play even more :). Everything is an improvement compared to Project Cars 1. I switched from playing Project Cars 1 on PS4 to playing Project Cars 2 on PC, so i cant really compare graphics since my pc is an epic gaming rig now. It looks very very nice, i`d love a bit better AA though, edges seem a little jagged here and there.

Also the cars handle better, the tracks look and feel more realistic and the weather effects are awesome.

Apart from a few nasty bugs here and there (wich i`m confident will be fixed over time) it`s the best racing game i`ve ever played.

A job well done!

SenorPez
04-10-2017, 16:00
It's a beautiful game, and what it does right (GT, in particular) it does really right.

The IndyCar oval "simulation" feels like a bad school project. It's downright embarassing and doesn't capture any of what makes oval racing distinct and unique from road racing. There's none of the tension or drama that should be there.
The penalty system is an absolute disaster. Yes, I get that it's hard to get right, but how the current system made it through alpha and beta "testing" is mind boggling.
The career system feels disconnected without a calendar and the weird combination of locked tiers but free selection. I don't feel like I'm earning that next tier's drive; I just feel like I'm picking it.
The AI is all over the place. It feels a lot worse than Project CARS, in which some tracks and some cars were unbeatable. Add in the fact that AI on loose surface just takes a normal tarmac line, and it's also slightly embarassing.
I can't grade the FFB 100%, because my wheel is old, cheap, and wearing out, but when directly compared to Project CARS it feels less connected.
No UDP broadcast at release (hopefully a temporary omission) for consoles was a kick in the nuts. We still don't even have a packet spec released, either.
Dedicated Server is still not available unless you've bought the game, unlike... every other driving simulation.

I continue to support Project CARS 2, and at this point am hopeful that some of these issues will be ironed out, and appreciate the communication by community ambassadors and SMS themselves, but the release was certainly not smooth nor lived up to my (admittedly lofty) expectations.

At least it doesn't have loot boxes, though. A+ on that.

Mad Al
04-10-2017, 16:06

I'm tempted to quote it just to add TLDR... ;)

paulnedi
04-10-2017, 21:01
A week or so ago I would've probably said hate, but I've since taught myself to be patient with it and focused on driving the Mercedes TC and now I love it!

As a bit of a Project Cars/racing game newbie (last one was Gran Turismo 4!) it's great getting to learn new tracks, what I've started doing is learning the National/club versions of the tracks to learn the corners then building up to the full blown International/GP circuits. It's worked so far at RBR and Oschersleben anyway.

nO_d3N1AL
04-10-2017, 22:16
I'm gonna hate because I think they ought to have fixed the excessive number of bugs in the career mode, driving line, AI etc. before releasing it.

snakehands
05-10-2017, 06:09
I'm gonna hate because I think they ought to have fixed the excessive number of bugs in the career mode, driving line, AI etc. before releasing it.

They had a release window they had to meet. Some of you need to chill or we won’t be seeing ambitious protects like this in the future.

RoseSquire
05-10-2017, 06:14
If it's these two choices, it unfortunately has to be "hate" for me.

I am not a very good racer. I was a casual Forza player until this summer when I bought a wheel. Over the summer I have really been trying to learn and have been turning off assist by assist, driving different kinds of cars to figure out how MR compares to RR and so on. Then I got really excited when I read of this game which was coming out in just a month or two and I actually even bought PC1 on sale to get onto the "real sim" train early.

My big problem now is that I don't know how the cars should behave, and the career is lined with bugs that make them deviate from that. When I came to the Formula Rookie race in New Zeeland there was no way for me to know if I am just terrible at snow driving or if something was broken (it appears now that it is a bug other people have experienced as well).

Then I went on to Formula C but found it very difficult to drive. Again, I as an inexperienced racer can't tell if there is something wrong or if I just need to practice and learn how the car works. In the end apparently there is a tire heat bug with all of Formula C and so I abandoned that career (because there is no way to abandon a season like in PC1, it seems).

Then I tried Formula Renault instead. The car was incredibly difficult to control. After looking at the tuning menu it seems like it had loaded the Formula Rookie snow setup I made before I knew Formula Rookie was bugged in the snow (internet told me to dramatically lower tire pressure and other things to help in the snow). When I restored tuning to default it seemed to at least get easier but again, I as a rookie racer have no way of knowing if the car is just inherently challenging to drive or if something is wrong. I fear that I will be spending hours frustratingly trying to tame a car that in the end turns out not to be able to be tamed because it is broken.

Same story when I switched track and started with the GT5 Ginettas. The car just seemed to bail on me in corners. It appears from my searches that other people are experiencing this as well and that it is a bug, but I can't quite tell.

I hope this post somewhat highlights the problems that us rookie players who want to progress through the career face. Those of you who are professionals can probably just easily work out when something is buggy and switch to a different class, but for me there is no way of knowing.

If there was just a good way for me to get an overview of what I can expect to be working I could at least choose a career path free from bugs and try to focus on what I actually wanted to focus on, which is learning to be a better racer. Now it is just trying different classes, always having in the back of my head that something could be broken with the handling and waiting for it to appear. That makes playing this game much too frustrating of an endevour for me and I will probably be returning it for something else.

I also just want to add that the mods here seem to be doing a great job given the instructions you have been from the devs. It must be very frustrating to constantly get the repeated posts about the same thing combined with the sometimes unkind language but you are handling it great.

SimonJ
05-10-2017, 06:21
Love it got a Multi Class dedi setup and what a blast had loads of fun so far :)
My OSW Wheel feels great now with it too.
Bugs will be sorted like anything new once released to general public lots of different PC's configs bound to be a few none that put me off though
Job well done in my opinion can't stop playing it :cool:

m355y
05-10-2017, 07:05
I'm ready to vote 'love' now. It's not perfect, but it's maybe the closest I've found to a 'perfect' racing sim for me, since the olden days of TOCA 2 which I think still stands for me as the ultimate. I spent months of my life not just playing through the BTCC season with various cars, but all the others, the Formula Fords especially with their low grip, throw them into the corner and make corrections on the exit style. It was almost twenty years ago but it pains me a bit that nobody, least of all Codemasters themselves, ever came close to that 'feel' again, but I digress.

I'm not really bothered about the career mode in any game. I'll only really play career mode in any game if it helps me to unlock cars I want for custom races/championships. That's what I do - set up single races, sometimes even make up my own championships playing through a series of single races and keeping score. And I want that experience to be as close to reality as it can be. I want to be battling in the closing stages of the Le Mans 24 Hours with the #1 Audi R18 or holding off the Chip Ganassi Racing #9 for victory at Road America, what matters to me is the whole thing being a challenge and feeling authentic, I want to feel like I've earned a win if I get one, and that I've had a virtual experience that makes me feel like a real life driver. So pit stops, strategy, a grid of cars with official liveries, the chane to do endurance races with a day/night transition, changing weather, flashing my headlights at drivers I'm about to lap, that's the weird stuff that really matters to me as a player. Similarly I've NEVER played online and it doesn't really interest me. I'm pure, 100% motorsport geek and I want things set up totally to my liking.

I liked the original in places a lot, but it was a bit of a 'nearly but not quite' experience from that perspective. Not enough real life liveries on the cars, not enough variety in tracks to make things like the Indycars worthwhile, etc. The fact that you simply couldn't have an LMP1/LMP2/GTE grid at Le Mans I thought was a criminal omission when everything was there to make it happen really. So Ican't say the original totally did it for me, if anything it was even more frustrating because it felt like it was so close to being everything I wanted, but just wasn't.

The sequel is so, SO much stronger in that regard. More real life liveries. More options in terms of choosing classes to make up a grid. You can genuinely tell that a lot more of the tracks are laser scanned, particularly the Nordschleife. Anyone who tells you that laser scanning makes no difference, play the PC1/PC2 Nordschleife back to back and tell me it's not infinitely better in the sequel in terms of the elevation changes, the angle of the corners, everything.

And the feel of driving is so much better. I think the one thing I'd say about Assetto Corsa, flawed though it ultimately is, is that you feel in total control of the car. Not just the steering inputs and the way the car reacts, but the throttle too, something I think was missing from just about every other game till now. But PC2 has the same feel. That sense that you're in proper control of a very fast racing car on a real track.

AC is very limited on console in terms of the tracks and types of races you can set up. Forza 6 satisfied me for a while but there's ultimately no depth to it at all. Not in terms of the career mode because I'm never bothered about that, but the racing. No qualifying, no tyre wear or anything, pitstops just there for effect and completely unsatisfying. And having looked into what Forz 7 has up its sleeve I'm left thinking that it offers me absolutely zero over the last one at all, if anything less. There are less Indycar liveries, less Formula E cars, hardly any new tracks and no added depth to any of the actual racing Gran Turismo Sport intrigues me a bit, but I suspect that it'll essentially feel exactly the same as the last one, and the one before that, and the one before that.

So that leaves me with Project CARS 2 and I think generally it's a brilliant sequel. SMS seem to have really listened to the criticism of the first game to me. They've made it a proper sequel, with so much more to offer. The car list is far better, the track list is even better, there are now ovals, Rallycross, etc. It's not just an annual update, far from it, it's a whole new kettle of fish.

Also really happy that it'so much better with a controller now too. I do have a wheel - but my PS4 is in the bedroom and day to day I can't really use it, so I reckon at least 75% of my time is using a controller, and I don't feel like I'm getting a poor man's experience when I get in from work and have a blast around Knockhill using a controller.

Like I said, not perfect - it still has these little annoying quirks where you think 'if they only tidiied that up, it would be so much better'. For example, why when you do a LMP1/2/GTE grid, are there hardly ever any Audis, Toyotas etc on the grid? Where are they? Do we really need all the Mareks and RWDs populating the grids of endurance races anymore? Much as they served a purpose in the original I'd argue that they should be kind of pushed to the background now. WEC style races should automatically but the Toyota and Audi cars on the front of the grid, because that's what it's all about.

But it's close enough for me now. It's so much better.

JPS GT
05-10-2017, 07:34
Massive improvement to pCARS1. SMS seem to have hit the spot.. Great sim.. 10/10

cepwin
07-10-2017, 15:17
Initially I was a bit skeptical on the driving as I struggled with my settings...now that I have that sorted out for the most part, driving the Corvette CR2 last night felt good. One suggestion is I think you should be able to set the default camera in options...I went though the camera rotation until I got something I liked (either helmet or cockpit view, I couldn't tell....which is something else I'd like to see addressed...when you switch camera views it should tell you what view you're in.) Getting used to the FOV vs Speed and I think that will be a nice feature . I also love the track selection. All in all great job! I'm playing it along with Forza as are other folks I know and I think the feeling is both games get to "fun" but do it in a different way. PCars 2 certainly gets to "fun" with the quality of the driving/racing and the features that make it more accessible such as the race engineer. The menus to me are clear...and aside from hunting for camera setting (as I mentioned above), it's clear where to find what you're looking for. Thank you all for your hard work on this game!!

Seelenkrank
07-10-2017, 16:34
hate: the stability control in contrast to the ABS/TC --> default turn off and then ABS/TC on realistic would be a nice thing.
so you get nothing than ABS or "all inclusive" with the weird feeling when the stability control react and get your car out of control...
hate: engine brake, total useless because it makes your car slower.

why cant a car in the wet reach the same end speed like under dry conditions?
(with a car that is not overpowered (Ginetta Junior) and has no TC/ABS whatever)
dry: reach fifth gear,hig revs wet: hardly come to the end of the fourth gear.

David Slute
07-10-2017, 23:41
after pc1 I was a bit skeptical about pc2. My first impressions were very positive, but the more I dig into this title and play the more I am getting frustrated with a number of bugs and it feels like the game is 75% finished in every category. Hopefully SMS will start releasing some updates on a regular basis and get these issues fixed sooner rather than later and before the new fan base they ve gained with this great title dont start returning back to there old favorite sims due to frustration.
Asides from hot lapping and practicing theres really no category in the game I can sit back and enjoy consistently.

Mp has tons of issues and missing features.....Ill see a server that interests me that says its running track X with car class X with 10 min left in practice.....join the server and end up in spectator mode lap 4 of the race on a different track car combo? Or it tells me I've been disconnected.

Career Mode....the AI is so inconsistent in strength from track to track. I spend most the time just trying to find a competitive level for the ai so I am not either killing them or getting killed

Tracks some look and feel fantastic, while others look bad and feel like I am driving on a sheet of glass as theres no road feel or level of grip which was an issue in pc1 and still present.

Cars same story....some are great some terrible. Many classes greatly need BoP and sound improvements.

FFB..... improved from pc1 but still feels weak at times compared to other titles and on thrustmaster wheels theres is still an issue even after the new driver update on Oct. 5th with a small deadzone which from my understanding cant be removed from the base flavours unless I use a custom profile?

Pit stops, formation laps, flags, certain weather driving conditions, tires, track limits on some tracks, setup saving are all borked.
The depth and potential of this title is amazing and could easily become my go too every day racing sim and I really want it too......but in its current state it wont till the majority of issues get sorted and hopefully before I hear PC3 is in the works lol
Rant over :)

hkraft300
08-10-2017, 00:18
why cant a car in the wet reach the same end speed like under dry conditions?
(with a car that is not overpowered (Ginetta Junior) and has no TC/ABS whatever)
dry: reach fifth gear,hig revs wet: hardly come to the end of the fourth gear.

Drag.
Difference maybe shouldn't be that drastic but water on track, rain, Rain tires do make a difference.
Have you never hit a puddle when driving?

martymoose
08-10-2017, 00:56
Overall a big jump up from PC1 which I tried to like the driving but it didnt maintain my interest. Features like live track are nice but over done I think especially standing water in rain, Bathurst is on atm and will be a wet race. I highly doubt the last turn will ever end up looking like a swimming pool as it becomes in PC2.

Damp conditions seem to dry too quick and heavy wet too wet so maybe just dial this in better and avoid conditions of excessive standing water that would red flag a race. Snow in track racing is again a very odd design decision and should be am option to have realistic conditions especially if setting random conditions. Also there should be a seperate setting for how long each weather period lasts and how quick track evolves. Realtime track wetting/drying wpuld be nice but have shorter periods of weather. In reality it can rain for 1 minute or all day but it will still use the same period to dry up or get wet.

The ratings is a good initiative to add and seems to work well, main issues with it is people dont understand they meed stricter entry for better racing. So most servers are still U or F which is best to avoid. Shpuld be good for casual server racing and avoiding the collection of muppets that spoil casual mp in most games.

Bug wise pretty poor for release, massive setup saving issues nearly game braking. MP in game penalties given when someone rear ends you in a formation lap, penalties wrong way more often then they are correct. Not having any session info once in the server is just a stupid design decision as is needing to save a setup for any changes especially when they dont sace most of the time.

FFB by default is still pretty bad, physics on the limit is better but still I dont really have the feel for the rear before it lets go. It is fairly driveable still but content is quite hit and miss. Some good cars some pretty poor ones just like tracks, wpuod have prefered less content if it was all made to the same high standards as the best stuff.

Brace21
08-10-2017, 01:11
Personally I think the whole pc2 team should be strung up. I could live with all the errors in pc1 seeing it was new and other than the piles of errors was the best racing game on the market imo.
All the errors in this pc2 are unacceptable. I dont know how any of you can praise tnis game atleast on xbox1, personally I swear there is as many errors as there are things right.
Sorry guys but this will be the last time I buy any Project Cars game. I cant for the life of me understand why a game is released with so many errors/bugs. Who ever is in charge of letting this game go to markey should be FIRED!!!!

jimortality
08-10-2017, 01:49
Personally I think the whole pc2 team should be strung up. I could live with all the errors in pc1 seeing it was new and other than the piles of errors was the best racing game on the market imo.
All the errors in this pc2 are unacceptable. I dont know how any of you can praise tnis game atleast on xbox1, personally I swear there is as many errors as there are things right.
Sorry guys but this will be the last time I buy any Project Cars game. I cant for the life of me understand why a game is released with so many errors/bugs. Who ever is in charge of letting this game go to markey should be FIRED!!!!

Massive improvement to pCARS1. SMS seem to have hit the spot.. Great sim.. 10/10

Maybe you 2 should have a chat

Dresden
08-10-2017, 01:56
If the audio bugs got sorted out on my Xbox game it would probably be a great sim.

Currently as it stands I would give it 2/10.

martymoose
08-10-2017, 02:03

10/10 would make you think it was perfect, I think 6/10 at best currently. Could improve with patches but if the issues made it to release as designed, I really hold little hope on major fixes past release, the big patch is likely already being worked on aka Pcars 3. The minor patches would delay the mext major patch and I dont think SMS has that too high up in their plans.

WMD seems a complete waste in terms of making a better release product, the early access guys are good self funded viral marketers, but seem to have no idea how to help find issues the devs can address pre release.

peterCars
08-10-2017, 02:05
cant find the full cartoon but this one has Lucy making a snowman, then kicking it apart, then making another, then kicking that one apart and this punchline. I feel a bit that way with any comments I have about this game at this stage.

SpeedyMcQuick
08-10-2017, 03:11
I believe that it is easy to assume how easy or hard it is to create some product or complete some project. I think that our assumptions are always off by a little or a lot. There's usually way more involved than we realize.

That being said, this game arrived way more polished than the first one. The improved physics, additional car brands and locations are just awesome and a lot of fun. Based on what SMS has done in the past and how they started out with this game, I'm sure they will be working hard to fix the current problems as much as possible.

Diablo944
08-10-2017, 03:19
The options for voting were way too limited. Love or hate? Really?. I loaded it up expecting great things, but with the t300 on ps4 i couldnt get rid of the wandering around the deadzone. I was surprised that the default setting was raw when apparently thats only for dd wheels, I kind of expected it to at least drop into the right type of config as it obviously knew the wheel type. Anyway, thats drifting off topic. I had enough aaaarghh really? Moments early on to file it in the 'await update patch/es before play. So to me, the game isnt actually released (self imposed, but thats the way it is here). So my vote leans to hate (when its actually just disappointment i suppose for its current state on release). But i dont hate it anymore than i hate/d pc1 on release. Pc1 sucked on release but settled down to being a good game with its patches. Never perfect, but good. If I vote hate now though on pc2 thats set in stone when I actually hold out hope for big improvements (button box implementation included).
But that said, I cant vote love either as at this moment I have none for it. It looks like it could potentially be amazing, its just not fully baked yet.
This 'poll' really needed an on the fence/not sure option. Its very obvious right now that the personal computer boys are getting a wholly different experience than the ps4/xbox gamers (also known as the victims of the professional console test team), those testers should always be remembered and to my mind, should always be reminded how the console gamers view their efforts. For the console players who are really enjoying the game in its release state, I am happy for you, I really am. I dont actually understand why, but honestly thats just my opinion so crack on people. I honestly hope that the creators of pc2 have sat down with a wheel setup and pcars two on a ps4 (or xbox) for a good long session after release and cried at whats happened to their baby. If they sat down and thought 'yep, its pretty damned good' then all hope is lost as that would imply the things I actually do hate about the game are baked in and will potentially never change, or at least not enough for me anyway.
I have noticed that there are a few people out there who never got on with pcars1 who really are ultra happy with pcars2. That concerns me a little as it makes me wonder if because I like the way pcars1 plays, maybe pcars two will never feel right to me.

The poll was too limited. Two options was nowhere near enough, especially so early in the titles life in the wild. I haven't given up on it yet though. I still want it to feel as good as pcars1 to me at some point in the future. Despite being a pcars player from day one (on both releases), I still havent fully grasped who everyone is and what parts they play. Sms, wmd, wmd2, crowd funded team, non crowd funded team, the abysmal console testers (we dont know who the testers are/were or what professional outfit they represent, but I hope they never get picked for a similar task in the future). I read a lot of threads and see a lot of unhappy bunnies complaining about things missing that were in the first game which is in some ways disappointing. But until the game has been tweaked/fixed/patched its hard to give a truly definitive vote one way or the other.

As an aside. I got an email earlier about star wars battlefront two. I didnt read it, I just deleted it instantly. Battlefront sucked. It needed hardcore but instead stayed as it came really and was also a launch disappointment. But lack of hardcore killed that game. Its now just a demo disc to me for the xwing vr mission. But that game was such a let down to me that its probably lost any chance of me ever buying back in to the franchise, so deleting emails about it without reading is the norm for me now. Battlefield war games also lost my interest. The second version of battlefield was awesome, it fitted my game style perfectly, then they did battlefield 3 and it was like a dlc for call of duty. Battlefield four? felt similar. Then we had call of duty and its decline from its core routes to super springy legs and running up walls? Never mind the ever smaller tdm maps that made the game less enjoyable (unless you like that kind of action which apparently all the kids do). Cods return to basics this year might make things better, but if I am honest, I am prepared for the disappointment already so if its tiny tdm maps again its done for me.
Pcars 2 hasnt killed itself yet in my eyes despite looking forward to it for so long and now owning it but not playing it. The fact so many love it even in its current console guise means theres obviously something good here. I check the forum daily hoping for a patch to the ps4 (and one for the xbox boys too). But I really hope its a good patch, That my wheel will feel good with the game and make me actually want to play it along with the majority of big issues others have mentioned elsewhere. I dont want pcars to end up as another instant email delete in the future as frankly I am running out of games I really want to play these days.

jimortality
08-10-2017, 04:12
Just answer me this, Assetto Corsa, AMS, Forza, Raceroom, Gran Turismo, will these all be released bug free without any issues? AC, AMS and Raceroom all currently still have issues and have been out 3 to 4 years! Why is this community so intent on giving sms such a hard time. Before you answer, just read the first part of the post about the other titles mentioned.

Racefancy
08-10-2017, 04:59
As long as there is genuine intention to fix the plethora of bugs (thankfully most are small and more of a nuisance than game breaking) then all is well. I'm enjoying the driving more than other sims I play and LOVE the weather transitioning (thought again, bugs exist with that too).

I don't see a dedicated bug reporting thread or subforum though which is a worry, how are the developers keeping track of issues found by the community?

martymoose
08-10-2017, 05:03
Most of those titles like AC AMS and Raceroom are ongoing titles, dev team doesnt release it almost as abandonware like PC1 was or most ongoing sequel releases are. The sequel titles are mostly released as is with the odd minor bug fixes but focus is onto the next title very soon after release not as planned evolving projects where you could also add Iracing and RF2. PCars is more in the Forza GT mold though its more sim then them its still released as is with the next major update planned being Pcars3.

Not much will be changed and focus on the next project will be the number 1 priority beyond releasing some dlc's that already may or may not be finished and trickle fed out. The advantage SMS should have is a large early access group at WMD to find and fix most issues pre release, this clearly isnt used in this way or else it must have been horrible 6 months ago. This isnt what the insiders were saying so it just looks like they didnt notice these issues or devs didnt care or couldnt fix them pre release. If they didnt do it then what makes you think they will in patches when its clear a sequel that a planned sequal will come in a couple years again.

AC for example improved greatly from release to today, PC1 for me was bad at release and I didnt notice much get fixed beyond that so expect much the same with PC2. At least the core game in PC2 is much better for me then PC1 but it still has annoying and silly bugs as the team has bitten off more then it could chew due to the silly bugs and issues that have made it to this point.

major sunscreen
08-10-2017, 05:14
^
I'm one of the first to criticise where I feel it's due, but the last point above doesn't reflect my experience of Project cars 1 so I thought Id offer up a slightly different one. Not to denigrate the post above as I'm sure it speaks from the heart but simply as a different point of view.Project Cars1- It was outrageous when first released and essentially not ready for release. I left it for a year then thought "I wonder".. went back to it and none, yes none of the issues that I found prevented me from enjoying it were still there. This may be different for some other users of course. However its worth considering that for criticism to be taken seriously it has to be valid. Again this last point is directed at those irrational posts that nevertheless do provide an entertainment value, not that found above, which makes a serious point ;)

jimortality
08-10-2017, 05:52
Most of those titles like AC AMS and Raceroom are ongoing titles, dev team doesnt release it almost as abandonware like PC1 was or most ongoing sequel releases are. The sequel titles are mostly released as is with the odd minor bug fixes but focus is onto the next title very soon after release not as planned evolving projects where you could also add Iracing and RF2. PCars is more in the Forza GT mold though its more sim then them its still released as is with the next major update planned being Pcars3.

Not much will be changed and focus on the next project will be the number 1 priority beyond releasing some dlc's that already may or may not be finished and trickle fed out. The advantage SMS should have is a large early access group at WMD to find and fix most issues pre release, this clearly isnt used in this way or else it must have been horrible 6 months ago. This isnt what the insiders were saying so it just looks like they didnt notice these issues or devs didnt care or couldnt fix them pre release. If they didnt do it then what makes you think they will in patches when its clear a sequel that a planned sequal will come in a couple years again.

AC for example improved greatly from release to today, PC1 for me was bad at release and I didnt notice much get fixed beyond that so expect much the same with PC2. At least the core game in PC2 is much better for me then PC1 but it still has annoying and silly bugs as the team has bitten off more then it could chew due to the silly bugs and issues that have made it to this point.

Yes but AC has been ongoing for 4 years so it's bound to have improved. Ian Bell said in his q and a that this title would be supported for a year and pc3 isn't going to be out for another 3 years! As with all new games now, they're pretty much all released in the same state.

hkraft300
08-10-2017, 06:45
Not much will be changed and focus on the next project will be the number 1 priority beyond releasing some dlc's that already may or may not be finished and trickle fed out. ... what makes you think they will in patches when its clear a sequel that a planned sequal will come in a couple years again.

If you prefer a game to be broken on release and come good 4 years later, good for you! :glee:

martymoose
08-10-2017, 07:08
If you prefer a game to be broken on release and come good 4 years later, good for you! :glee:

Id prefer that to one broken on release and never fixed. ;)

jimortality
08-10-2017, 07:50
Id prefer that to one broken on release and never fixed. ;)

So try PC2 in 4 years and see what state it's in, it'll all be sorted :)

martymoose
08-10-2017, 08:20
So try PC2 in 4 years and see what state it's in, it'll all be sorted :)

Hows PC1 going these days?

I think PC2 in 3-6 months is how it will be when the world ends and it wont be much different to today. PC5 in 4 years may fix some of these bugs but introduce more, they will wait for PC12 to fix those. Maybe by then bring back some old classic PC1 bugs as most wont remember them by that time unless they are still hanging in. ;)

hkraft300
08-10-2017, 08:48
Hows PC1 going these days?

I think PC2 in 3-6 months is how it will be when the world ends ...

And it'll improve significantly in that time. From AI behaviour to track limits, ui issues, lag...

PC1 had all of those issues plus some serious problems eg landmines. Almost all of it, all the major ones, were fixed.
Besides the fixes, there were also many additions to the game, feature-wise. Which we all seem to forget.

PC1 was quite excellent actually until a few weeks ago. Until I picked up PC2.
Now it just feels so ... 2015...

Civic
08-10-2017, 08:50
Just answer me this, Assetto Corsa, AMS, Forza, Raceroom, Gran Turismo, will these all be released bug free without any issues? AC, AMS and Raceroom all currently still have issues and have been out 3 to 4 years! Why is this community so intent on giving sms such a hard time. Before you answer, just read the first part of the post about the other titles mentioned.

Because your thinking is flawed.

Rieza for example were absolutely up front about the state of their game and charged accordingly.

As for bugs in general, games sometimes have some minor bugs, people complain, they get fixed. New bugs appear with updates, people complain, they get fixed. Almost always they don't seriously effect game play.

You're on PC, on console this game has serious issues. That's why people are complaining. I've stopped playing the game because it isn't fun to get disconnected over 90% of the time and spend hours just trying to get into a race and then get disconnected from the race. My son just a few moments ago came out of the room screaming, he was leading by 20 seconds in a 10 lap race and only meters away from the finish line when he was disconnected. His licence has been trashed by constant disconnections. The online racing experience is simply awful on console due to disconnects and lag when someone joins a lobby. Sure I met someone who said he isn't having the disconnect issues, he was on NBN. I'm on ADSL 2+ @ over 12Gb/s, it has never been an issue for any other game, it is the best internet connection available in my area with an ISP who has long been regarded as one of the best ISP's for gamers, apparently that isn't good enough for PC2.

Other people on console are having serious issues with the career. I have no interest in the offline career, it isn't what I bought PC2 for but their issues are similar to mine in that it is game destroying for them.

So some of us who are upset are simply upset because we can't play the game until these issues are fixed. For everyone of the games I own from the list you mentioned that is not an issue. I may not enjoy most of them and I can't complain about that.

I've just downloaded the beta of Gran Turismo Sport. I'll get to play that 24 hours from now. I'll find out then if it works or has issues that prevent me from being able to play it. But the only reason I'm even trying it is because I can't play my game that I payed $140 to go online racing with and at this point the issues I'm having have not even been acknowledged as issues to my knowledge so I don't even know if the developer is trying to fix them.

For me this game is broken. I only bought it for online racing, online racing doesn't work for me and that makes this game useless for me until it is fixed.

jimortality
08-10-2017, 09:14

Rieza for example were absolutely up front about the state of their game and charged accordingly.

As for bugs in general, games sometimes have some minor bugs, people complain, they get fixed. New bugs appear with updates, people complain, they get fixed. Almost always they don't seriously effect game play.

You're on PC, on console this game has serious issues. That's why people are complaining. I've stopped playing the game because it isn't fun to get disconnected over 90% of the time and spend hours just trying to get into a race and then get disconnected from the race. My son just a few moments ago came out of the room screaming, he was leading by 20 seconds in a 10 lap race and only meters away from the finish line when he was disconnected. His licence has been trashed by constant disconnections. The online racing experience is simply awful on console due to disconnects and lag when someone joins a lobby. Sure I met someone who said he isn't having the disconnect issues, he was on NBN. I'm on ADSL 2+ @ over 12Gb/s, it has never been an issue for any other game, it is the best internet connection available in my area with an ISP who has long been regarded as one of the best ISP's for gamers, apparently that isn't good enough for PC2.

Other people on console are having serious issues with the career. I have no interest in the offline career, it isn't what I bought PC2 for but their issues are similar to mine in that it is game destroying for them.

So some of us who are upset are simply upset because we can't play the game until these issues are fixed. For everyone of the games I own from the list you mentioned that is not an issue. I may not enjoy most of them and I can't complain about that.

I've just downloaded the beta of Gran Turismo Sport. I'll get to play that 24 hours from now. I'll find out then if it works or has issues that prevent me from being able to play it. But the only reason I'm even trying it is because I can't play my game that I payed $140 to go online racing with and at this point the issues I'm having have not even been acknowledged as issues to my knowledge so I don't even know if the developer is trying to fix them.

For me this game is broken. I only bought it for online racing, online racing doesn't work for me and that makes this game useless for me until it is fixed.

That's fair enough then.

LukeC
08-10-2017, 10:02

I've also shelved the game recently as the number of problems has become too frequent. I'm actually playing F1 2017 which, offline at least, seems to be pretty much bug free, and was actually even more bug free out of the box. I also recall that Dirt rally and Dirt 4 were pretty much bug free out if the box. Heck, even the Moto GP and Ride games by milestone were relatively bug free out of the box.

Maybe I'll return to Pcars 2 once the problems are fixed. But the thing is, it's no longer 2015 when the only driving game on the ps4 was driveclub and Pcars was the first realistic driving game available. There are so many choices now that people will not stick around for 12 months waiting for problems to be fixed.

For that reason I'm really surprised that Pcars 2 was not close to perfection out of the box, as it really needed to be perfect out of the box given the competition it's got. I really thought that they would test the heck out of this game and double and triple check everything to make sure that the first impressions with the game would be great.

Fingers crossed that this fiasco will not have too big a financial impact on the studio and they continue to make games as they are obviously very capable of making great games, but for the moment at least, I have to take a break from Pcars 2.

Killer Bob
08-10-2017, 10:13
Lol, ya i was surprised at motogp 17 running so well too, Milestone have a history of buggieness with that title, they do tend to patch things up pretty damn fast though, but this year they got things working out of the box for a change

LukeC
08-10-2017, 10:19
Lol, ya i was surprised at motogp 17 running so well too, Milestone have a history of buggieness with that title, they do tend to patch things up pretty damn fast though, but this year they got things working out of the box for a change

I don't recall any massive problems with the previous ones either, but indeed Moto gp17 was a very pleasant surprise, particularly because it runs at a silky smooth, and to be honest, very consistent 60 fps on the ps4. That for me has made all the difference.

Plus the sound of the Marquez and Pedrosa Honda is something that I can't get enough of.

Killer Bob
08-10-2017, 10:27
Framerates are pretty solid on the xbone too. Sounds are finally fantastic, the bikes sound dirty and raw just like they should

LukeC
08-10-2017, 10:35
Framerates are pretty solid on the xbone too. Sounds are finally fantastic, the bikes sound dirty and raw just like they should

Good to hear that they finally got it right and it's great for everyone, regardless of console.

There is a parallel here with codemasters who flopped with f1 2015, made some improvements the following year, and then ended up releasing F1 2017, which is arguably one of the greatest racing sims of all time.

Grantpoole
08-10-2017, 10:43
I really liked PC1 on Xbox. Struggling with PC2 on PC.
I like to use cockpit/helmet cam but the settings on this game are just weird. Either the dash moves out of view or it looks like I'm driving in an earthquake depending on how I set it up. Hopefully things will improve but at the moment I have zero interest in this game.

Fastback Fever
09-10-2017, 17:59
I adore this new PCars2, I have noticed a great improvement in Tyre/Circuit physics on PS4 compared to PCars1, but I mostly drive the the more challenged cars to tune (check my "handle name").....great stuff, and well done Project Cars. (By the way, that new Benz W194 --wow a complete surprise!!)

Kostman22
01-11-2017, 20:18
The people have spoken, Project CARS is a success!!! (Not that we didn't already know this...)

Thanks for voting and leaving feedback.

apey75
02-11-2017, 05:09
Even though I've always been a PC enthusiast a few years ago I bought a PS3 just so that I could play one game - Gran Turismo. PC simply did not have an answer for that genre at the time. We had lots of arcade games and a couple of hardcore sims (rFactor, etc) but the sims were always very niche and limited in scope.

For me personally PC2 has answered most things I've ever wanted from a racing game. It seems fairly realistic in terms of handling, has beautiful graphics and damn great sound. The car / track selection, particularly in PC2, is more than enough and I feel has reached a much better balance than PC1 did.

Well done SMS to restoring the sim racing genre on PC and keep on improving yourselves, and the game. Lots of us out here appreciate it!

pkcraistlin
02-11-2017, 07:32
the last time i was this enamoured with a racing title was when i picked up a thrustmaster T2 to pair with papyrus' first indycar racing. long beach, laguna seca and "elkhart lake" were pretty damned ugly back in the day!

sure, there are improvements to be made but the entitlement junkies who find the smallest things to rage about have no idea how good they have it.

hkraft300
02-11-2017, 08:21
sure, there are improvements to be made but the entitlement junkies who find the smallest things to rage about have no idea how good they have it.

Lol
#firstworldproblems :rolleyes:

LukeC
02-11-2017, 08:52
the last time i was this enamoured with a racing title was when i picked up a thrustmaster T2 to pair with papyrus' first indycar racing. long beach, laguna seca and "elkhart lake" were pretty damned ugly back in the day!

That brought back some memories. Indycar by Papyrus was my first racing sim with crammond's Grand Prix. Then I got a demo of indycar racing 2 and it blew me away. The demo only had two tracks: Michigan and Laguna Sena, and I yet I couldn't get enough of it. I think I played the crap out those two tracks for six months before I finally saved up for the full game. I must have been about 13 or 14 at the time and it was the happiest days my life.

If I had something like pcars 2 back then I think my head would've exploded, whereas kids today don't appreciate s**t.

Ex01
02-11-2017, 08:53
I don't think 2 options is fair, I don't love the game, I dont hate it, would love it to succeed.

Konan
02-11-2017, 08:57
The people have spoken, Project CARS is a success!!! (Not that we didn't already know this...)

Thanks for voting and leaving feedback.

Since the OP ended with this and before this thread derails i'm closing it...