PDA

View Full Version : Monza tips - what setting should I fiddle with for better times?

sergiumtz
29-09-2017, 06:42
As the title says, what should I work on the get better times? Closing the radiator, lowering the suspension, lowering the tyre pressure?

At the moment, my all time best at Monza (T150, manual gears) with the GT3 Ferrari is 1:50.1 which is slow to be honest. What can I do to improve my times?

justonce68
29-09-2017, 07:19
I used the same car last night, 1.48.2, Front Aero 2 rear Areo 4, front Areo helped turn in a lot

sergiumtz
29-09-2017, 07:20
Cheers bud, will give it a try later today. Bit clueless when it comes to these things so trying to learn a bit here.

Bealdor
29-09-2017, 08:10
I used the same car last night, 1.48.2, Front Aero 2 rear Areo 4, front Areo helped turn in a lot

I have the exact opposite advice.
Monza is an extremly fast track. Remove all (0/0) or almost all aero (0/1) to get as much out of those long straights as you can.

cpcdem
29-09-2017, 08:50
In addition to what others said, I think you also need to see where you can save time with your own driving, apart from the setup. In Monza it is very critical to carry much speed in every corner, due to the very long straights than follow, I'd advice you to concentrate on that, it can save a lot of time. I just did a 1.48.5 in default setup, I know I can do faster and I am sure pros can do even a lot better than that. If you want, you can follow the current fastest ghost with default setup in time trial (currently it's 1.48.2) to see where you are losing time, and you will know it's only due to driving, not due to setup. When your lap time drops, then you can concentrate on setup as well, at least this is the methodology I usually follow.

justonce68
29-09-2017, 10:20
I have the exact opposite advice.
Monza is an extremly fast track. Remove all (0/0) or almost all aero (0/1) to get as much out of those long straights as you can.

That's what makes the game so interesting what works for one person may not work for another.