PDA

View Full Version : IA ........ in race

Birkhoff92
29-09-2017, 06:44
Hi, known problems with IA in the current series that I am performing (C prototypes), in practice while doing the pole I is impossible in the race to arrive first since the first two on Nissan make absurd times..... turn 5 seconds to lap faster O. O are on Xbox One S

Sankyo
29-09-2017, 06:46
More info please? What kind of event/race are you running? What AI settings? Weather, track?

Birkhoff92
29-09-2017, 07:04
More info please? What kind of event/race are you running? What AI settings? Weather, track?

Sakitto Gp but in all races , wet or dry ... i also pit down ia difficulty on 50 and aggressive on 50

Chunsey Wang
29-09-2017, 14:28
I've tried sakitto in race weekend in a few different disciplines n the ai seem to take the 1st corner way too fast,it seems a bit unnatural to me,no matter how fast I go through that corner they nail it so much quicker,same for the 1st corner at algarve.There may be more but I haven't tried every track

other than that though i generally think the ai is massively improved,they make for some great racing

Trippul G
29-09-2017, 14:34
I've tried sakitto in race weekend in a few different disciplines n the ai seem to take the 1st corner way too fast,it seems a bit unnatural to me,no matter how fast I go through that corner they nail it so much quicker,same for the 1st corner at algarve.There may be more but I haven't tried every track

other than that though i generally think the ai is massively improved,they make for some great racing

I absolutely love Algarve, but I can't tell you how many times I've been rammed from behind by AI going into that first corner. I've only raced GT3 there, so perhaps other disciplines might have different behavior?

*edit* ...and when I say rammed, I mean like rammed HARD. Like, I'm braking and they're not. Good thing there's at least plenty of runoff area.

Chunsey Wang
29-09-2017, 14:53
I absolutely love Algarve, but I can't tell you how many times I've been rammed from behind by AI going into that first corner. I've only raced GT3 there, so perhaps other disciplines might have different behavior?

*edit* ...and when I say rammed, I mean like rammed HARD. Like, I'm braking and they're not. Good thing there's at least plenty of runoff area.

Yeh I love Algarve too it's a great track and I have only tried Gt3 there myself but there's something wrong with that 1st corner and the ai, I can only have 9 ai opponents at the Mo as I have a G920 a d anymore added to the mix just makes the game feel like I'm driving across a building site

ive tried most gt3 cars though and I can't get 1 of them to take that 1st corner as fast as the ai,same for the 1st and 2nd corner of sakitto

thevilleky
29-09-2017, 16:14
I find this happens at Brno in the first corner to, at least in the GT3 cars. I haven't tried in the others. In PC1 I was way faster in the first corner then the AI. In PC2 I can barely hold the track and the AI comes barreling in and roars past me like I'm standing still. I don't know how in the world they have that much grip.

Based on what seems similar type corners on each of the tracks maybe the AI "grip levels" are inaccurate? Seeing as I think rain and snow grip for some AI is not right it certainly seems possible that other AI grip levels are incorrect as well.

Trippul G
29-09-2017, 16:25
I find this happens at Brno in the first corner to, at least in the GT3 cars. I haven't tried in the others. In PC1 I was way faster in the first corner then the AI. In PC2 I can barely hold the track and the AI comes barreling in and roars past me like I'm standing still. I don't know how in the world they have that much grip.

Based on what seems similar type corners on each of the tracks maybe the AI "grip levels" are inaccurate? Seeing as I think rain and snow grip for some AI is not right it certainly seems possible that other AI grip levels are incorrect as well.

Brno was a nightmare for me in a custom Formula C race. Only, I would get rammed from behind due to the accordion effect of the front runners slowing down, causing me to either slow down as well, or to fan out and try to find a different line. The AI was set to 40/30, IIRC. It's like they all just would lose their minds at that corner...front runners would slow down too much, guys behind would either smash into them, or take evasive action and go off track, lose control and then smash back into the rest of the field as they tried to rejoin. It was a complete mess. I restarted at least a dozen times before I finally gave up and did something else.