PDA

View Full Version : Rally cross tips

BCFCBristolRed
29-09-2017, 06:54
Hi guys and gals. Really enjoying the game at the moment but I seriously suck at rally cross. Is there something Iím not doing right or is it just that I really do suck? I seem to have a good turn in to corners but the car then just seems to understeer mid way through a corner and I end up on the outside line. Iím familiar with off road driving but the physics just donít seem right. I know that canít be the case as Iíve read that others are really enjoying the rx class racing.

Does anyone have any tips as to where I am going wrong?

Iíve even tried using my controller but that seems to have the same effect.

Any tips/help would be greatly appreciated.

Dealman
29-09-2017, 07:35
Took me a while to get used to it, your best friend will be the handbrake. Initiate a slide and shift down to power out of the corner quickly.

Also if you haven't already, try the Mini. I find it to be a lot easier to control with a gamepad! :)

Johann26
29-09-2017, 07:40
The handbrake is your friend as well as the clutch !gear down and keep the revs up with the clutch

Madwak55
29-09-2017, 07:45
You dont always need to use the handbrake, what you should do is come off the throttle momentarily just before you turn in and this will move the weight of the car forward and make the back end go light. If you turn in with a bit more of an exaggerated action when the weight of the car has moved forward the back end should start to come round on you and you can then nail the throttle again and power slide round the corner if you get the timing right. Keep practicing and when you get the timing right you'll have a blast :)

Trippul G
29-09-2017, 07:56
Also if you haven't already, try the Mini. I find it to be a lot easier to control with a gamepad! :)

Funny how people have different tastes. I didn't care for the Mini. For some reason I just felt like I couldn't get it to do what I wanted it to do, and found the Civic to be more to my liking.

To OP: Rallycross is all about controlling weight transfer. Whether it's by utilizing the handbrake to lock up the rear so that it'll rotate freely, or by "flicking" it through a corner (which is to turn briefly in the opposite direction before a corner, then turning sharply into it to create a sort of pendulum effect)...once you get the car rotating, the key is to keep it going by giving it plenty of throttle and downshifting if necessary to keep your revs up. If your rear wheels regain traction, that's what's going to cause you to push through corners, you generally want to try to keep them sliding as much as possible. It mainly comes down to personal taste and what you feel more comfortable doing. The flick takes more planning, using the handbrake can get you out of "oh $#!@" situations, but the sudden loss of grip can be difficult to manage.

Roger Prynne
29-09-2017, 08:03
Check this out......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQO2Z88Jtgg

Madhun67
29-09-2017, 10:25
i love the MIni ,too.For severe corners ,you need the handbrake to rotate the car,in 1st gear and then power out.Handbrake is also your best friend to stop the front end "push" ,to upset the rear and then catch the slide by throttling through.

danowat
29-09-2017, 10:35
Biggest thing I noticed was during the oversteer phase, in PC2, you can't let the car go through this phase off the throttle, if you do, you'll end up into an uncorrectable spin, so you need to flick the car into the bend to get the slide started, and hold it on the power all the way through.

BCFCBristolRed
29-09-2017, 14:54
Check this out......

That is absolutely insane. I love that.

Massive thanks guys. I will attempt to put these tips into practice when I get on.

Pisshead30
30-09-2017, 21:26
Check this out......

Great video

David Slute
15-04-2018, 01:25
Turn in before the apex and keep sliding to a min. If you wanna be quick. Drifting every corner looks cool as hell but slows you down, it also increases the chance of wrecking with the slightest nudge as you have already broken traction.
Only time you really need the ebrake is at launch, slow tight corners and hairpins.

Cladandadum
15-04-2018, 08:03
Manual gears and a steering wheel made all of the difference for me. Feels more intuitive as it gives me more control of the car by feathering the accelerator pedal, rather than the automatic gears and a controller, as used before.