PDA

View Full Version : clio cup tyre selection

steve50
29-09-2017, 07:20
just finished the Gineta series.. the car the handled fantastic. i have now gone onto the clio cup and the car has stupid over steer.. i changed the tryes from slicks to wet and the over steer has gone.. the only problem i have now is iam about 2 seconds slower due to using wet tyre compound. why is the car crap on slicks ? might be a BUG. my game is now unplayable (well fed up )

Shepard2603
29-09-2017, 07:30
just finished the Gineta series.. the car the handled fantastic. i have now gone onto the clio cup and the car has stupid over steer.. i changed the tryes from slicks to wet and the over steer has gone.. the only problem i have now is iam about 2 seconds slower due to using wet tyre compound. why is the car crap on slicks ? might be a BUG. my game is now unplayable (well fed up )
The Clio is a bit twitchy by design. As it is a FWD, just hit the gas when you feel the back coming around, it will pretty sure straighten out (as long as you have tarmac under the wheels of course).

steve50
29-09-2017, 07:37
cheers swift.. i will give it another crack tonight..

Ashleyqprw12
29-09-2017, 08:12
I found the Clio very difficult to get used to it takes time.

I find it's a car car that absolutely demands you are smooth in every way applying and coming off the brake/throttle and steering inputs, I found reduced brake pressure a big help as I was locking up to easily.

Once you get the hang of it I'm sure you'll agree they are a really rewarding car to be able to lap quickly

Paulpg87
29-09-2017, 08:29
tyres do not heat up properly while wet tyres do. The same is for ginetta gt5. Try the car in the extreme hot (july sunny) e it will work fine. In the career it doesn't while the AI seems to have optimal tyre temperature always.

Shepard2603
29-09-2017, 09:09
^Then lower the tire pressure to get more heat into the hard slicks. With a bit of practice and small adjustments in the setup (soften the rear anti roll bar e.g./adjusting brake pressure and balance), you can easily flick it around any track.

Djuvinile
29-09-2017, 09:57
if it is like pcars 1 its a challenge but set it up right, get heat in the tires and make sure youre braking is done before you steer into a corner and its gonna be a blast i can assure you.

Ashleyqprw12
29-09-2017, 11:35
tyres do not heat up properly while wet tyres do. The same is for ginetta gt5. Try the car in the extreme hot (july sunny) e it will work fine. In the career it doesn't while the AI seems to have optimal tyre temperature always.

The Clio career is based on short tracks it often takes me 2 to 3 laps gradually increasing the pace to heat the tyres, perfectly acceptable I think? The AI does seem to come out the pits up to temp better but with complex coding I think again we have to be understanding

Imazagi
29-09-2017, 12:57
I'm far, far, far from an alien, but I learned to race the Clio quickly, although it felt undrivable at first.
The fun thing about the Clio is the phenomenal lift-off oversteer at first, which OTOH is easily controllable as long as you countersteer quickly and floor the pedal. Be sure that you're ready to pull back the countersteer at the right moment though!

With this (and a bit less pressure in the rear), you'll soon be able to pull incredible slides and still stay on track. As soon as you can control these monster slides, you'll learn to control the beginning of the slide. The end result is nice, little oversteer in the entrance.

tl;dr: lower rear tire pressure. no breaking while turning. full power as soon as you're in the corner. quick countersteering action.

Paulpg87
02-10-2017, 16:16
The Clio career is based on short tracks it often takes me 2 to 3 laps gradually increasing the pace to heat the tyres, perfectly acceptable I think? The AI does seem to come out the pits up to temp better but with complex coding I think again we have to be understanding

well no, because after 9-10 laps (then time expires) tyres are stiill dark green at best.

Paulpg87
02-10-2017, 16:16
^Then lower the tire pressure to get more heat into the hard slicks. With a bit of practice and small adjustments in the setup (soften the rear anti roll bar e.g./adjusting brake pressure and balance), you can easily flick it around any track.

already tested in Ginetta gt5, doesn't make any difference.

legacy-8
02-10-2017, 16:27
Yea, it is twitchy at first. Lower the tyre pressures right down, and once the tyres hit around 2.6 psi in the front and are green, it's not too bad! It can take 3-4 laps to get to this though

Ashleyqprw12
04-10-2017, 09:14
well no, because after 9-10 laps (then time expires) tyres are stiill dark green at best.

Why? Are you running on the grass? Or perhaps you need to adjust the pressure? I have no issues getting the tyres warm

justonce68
10-10-2017, 15:08
Try this
Preload =90Nm
Clutches= 8
Power ramp =23
Coast ramp = 45

Paulpg87
13-10-2017, 11:01
Why? Are you running on the grass? Or perhaps you need to adjust the pressure? I have no issues getting the tyres warm

now after patch is working fine. No i wasn't doing anything wrong, you should have tried in winter, cloudy (situations that happen in the career mode).
Moreover stable set-up totally changed car behavior which now is really driveable.

iggy
24-10-2017, 12:36
So, they fixed the issue with Clio cup, but yet it's still broken in Formula Rookie? ( and probably others as well )

Paulpg87
24-10-2017, 13:52
So, they fixed the issue with Clio cup, but yet it's still broken in Formula Rookie? ( and probably others as well )

well, they fixed players car behavior but it still to be fixed the fact the AI does not follow the same rules (e.g. heating tyres etc.), probably because AI is using a different tyre model.

So basically while you need 2-3 laps to heat tyres in cold conditions the AI can hotlap immediatly. However, building heat in tyres is super hard with clio.