PDA

View Full Version : How do shared setups / tunes work?

theredeye_uk
29-09-2017, 08:14
OK so I have read the online manual and searched the forums but still cant find the answer.

Can anyone say how, on xbox, you can search for shared tunes, and download them to use?

In TT I can see where leaderboard drivers have used a tune, but I can't see whether its shared and how I can download it. Outside of a TT leaderboard I can't find any facility to select a car and then search for tunes for it (as I can do easily in something like Forza). Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks

justonce68
29-09-2017, 10:24
I don't think so i have had the same issue, I'm Xbox also. Maybe an xbox moderator could enlighten us please?

Killer Bob
29-09-2017, 10:39
I don't think it works on the box right now. I'm pretty sure i saw on the forums somewhere that it's a known issue but will be fixed wth the patch.

Peace

theredeye_uk
29-09-2017, 11:52
OK I've worked it out, although it's not too intuitive!

1) go to the event you want, but dont enter it
2) in the menu where it lets you select the car and shows the leader board, look for a leaderboard time with the GHOST icon (right hand side). Click on that leaderboard time
3) select to load the ghost (bottom left)
4) enter the event
5) once loaded it should tell you that the ghosts tune is available
6) you can then select to load it and save it in one of your own slots
7) Drive - and probably realise that the tune doesnt make up for a lack of talent!

Flanimal
29-09-2017, 20:57
You did well to work it out red eye, it's a bit of a faff. It doesn't always work though, I can't download a tune on the community event on Sugo in the rain, there's a tune, it says it's available to view, but the choice to edit it is greyed out. I don't know if this is another bug with some of the setups. Oh, you didn't mention that you have to rename it as well. Pity they didn't copy the Forza tune share system, it's much easier to do.

NeonFlux
29-09-2017, 21:12
Seems a bit hit and miss for me.... think it could with a quick look when sms have time

Just Another Frog
29-09-2017, 22:53
7) Drive - and probably realise that the tune doesnt make up for a lack of talent!

:D
That made me laugh.

PervasiveFall8
30-09-2017, 21:02
Thanks for this as I may never have figured it out

More detailed when you loaded ghost and entered event highlight tuning set up and then hit right arrow on d pad which brings up x to download goats set up (shows on the bottom of the screen)

Huge thanks for theredeye_uk.

GRTfast
09-10-2017, 00:29
Still doesn't work for me. The icon says I have a shared tune, but when I go to the load screen it isn't there to select.

Rockefelluh
09-10-2017, 00:45
I don't think so i have had the same issue, I'm Xbox also. Maybe an xbox moderator could enlighten us please?

Such a thing doesn't exist.

Zotac Ten80
06-12-2017, 20:28
OK I've worked it out, although it's not too intuitive!

1) go to the event you want, but dont enter it
2) in the menu where it lets you select the car and shows the leader board, look for a leaderboard time with the GHOST icon (right hand side). Click on that leaderboard time
3) select to load the ghost (bottom left)
4) enter the event
5) once loaded it should tell you that the ghosts tune is available
6) you can then select to load it and save it in one of your own slots

Lack of talent? :yes: bad luck for you then :wink-new:

For me its the fact i cant tune :cool: