PDA

View Full Version : Ability to change sequential shifting scheme per car

Neo-ST
29-09-2017, 10:50
Is there a way to make game change your settings (bindings) for sequential shifting, per car ?

For example, I want to use peddles on my G25 for cars that shift using peddles, but my H-shifter (switched to sequential mode) for cars with manual gearbox (I don't like G25's H-shifter except when it's in sequential mode).

Example 1:
BMW E30 M3 - I have to edit settings and bind "gear up" and "gear down" to my H-shifter (in sequential mode) up-down movement.

Example 2:
Porsche GT3 RS - I have to edit settings again and bind "gear up" and "gear down" to my peddles.

Then I have to repeat this process every time I switch cars that have sequential vs. manual gearbox.

I guess there's no way the game can do it automatically ?

Mahjik
29-09-2017, 11:20
Not currently. You cannot map the same controls to two different devices at the moment.

Leper Messiah
29-09-2017, 12:25
Download "Joytokey" http://joytokey.net/en/ I bind both paddles and stick shift to the , and . keys within Joytokey, then assign those keys to gear up and down in game and voila I can go from paddle to stick as I want. It's a very useful and cool little program!

finagle69
29-09-2017, 16:56
Download "Joytokey" http://joytokey.net/en/ I bind both paddles and stick shift to the , and . keys within Joytokey, then assign those keys to gear up and down in game and voila I can go from paddle to stick as I want. It's a very useful and cool little program!

I do the same. Works great.

crowhop
29-09-2017, 17:06
If you have a Thrustmaster Shifter in the Sequential configuration and it is connected to your TM Wheel Base, you can use them interchangeably as the button map for both are the same in the system.
If it is connected via USB, you do not have the functionality.

pedrochapps
29-09-2017, 17:58
Not currently. You cannot map the same controls to two different devices at the moment.

So are you saying it will be Added ?

Mahjik
29-09-2017, 18:43
So are you saying it will be Added ?

I don't know. I do know that SMS looked into it during development, but I have no information if it's something that will come later or not at all.

pedrochapps
30-09-2017, 23:06
Well it needs to be there, that is something they should have taught about

Fanapryde
02-10-2017, 10:11
Well it needs to be there, that is something they should have taught about

Agree, but as mentioned above: JoytoKey does the trick for now.
On Fanatec CSW V2/CSW SQ + H-shifter and Heusinkveld SQ-shifter, I can now use paddles, SQ and H-shifter without having to change assignments in the UI.
I use the Fanatec shifter only for H-pattern now.