PDA

View Full Version : Rolling starts unfair in multiplayer!

blairmann99
29-09-2017, 11:04
Rolling starts are totally unfair in multiplayer, you are worse of starting in P1 because literally everyone gets the jump on you. Their shouldn't be red light telling you when it is about to go green. It should just say get ready for race start then go green so it is fair. At the moment I find myself in P1 and everyone just sits back then hits the gas before the green so they have a massive jump on me. What do you guys think are you having the same issues?

Balles
29-09-2017, 12:48
I have to agree it's not perfect. Experience this once. Maybe if only P1 have the green light it would be more real.

takaii
29-09-2017, 12:48
Rolling starts are totally unfair in multiplayer, you are worse of starting in P1 because literally everyone gets the jump on you. Their shouldn't be red light telling you when it is about to go green. It should just say get ready for race start then go green so it is fair. At the moment I find myself in P1 and everyone just sits back then hits the gas before the green so they have a massive jump on me. What do you guys think are you having the same issues?

This is what i do when i dont have poleposition xD its very unbalanced! the start car has drive limit in metrical value 120 kmh. While it seems we futher back can go higher. so when its about green all i have to do is not pass u but be up your rear faster.
The speed limit should be applied to everybody whenever the count down starts for start. I had polepositon once and drove faster then 120 kmh but got penelty... its impossible to defend against others during poleposition.

takaii
29-09-2017, 12:50
I have to agree it's not perfect. Experience this once. Maybe if only P1 have the green light it would be more real.

everybody should have green light but maybe the countdown is only visable to the player 1. Then when green hits everybody get sign to start but no way to prepare to pass nr1.

Balles
29-09-2017, 12:52
everybody should have green light but maybe the countdown is only visable to the player 1. Then when green hits everybody get sign to start but no way to prepare to pass nr1.

Yep, better.

Dutchtastic
29-09-2017, 14:56
Or you can have the green light only show when the leading car (P1) hits full throttle for x-amount of time in the straight before start/finish.

crowhop
29-09-2017, 15:29
Good point, OP. It is a disadvantage to be on pole. The Pole Sitter has to be mindful of keeping the grid as tightly packed together as possible.

Also, for Rolling Starts without the Pace Lap, those moments right before the player takes control the AI drives the car and will do crazy things like pass other cars. Or crash into them. This causes all sorts of Penalties on the drivers who did nothing wrong at all.

Tyl3n0L
29-09-2017, 15:57
Good point, OP. It is a disadvantage to be on pole. The Pole Sitter has to be mindful of keeping the grid as tightly packed together as possible.

Also, for Rolling Starts without the Pace Lap, those moments right before the player takes control the AI drives the car and will do crazy things like pass other cars. Or crash into them. This causes all sorts of Penalties on the drivers who did nothing wrong at all.

The same problem happened to me twice yesterday. As soon as we take over the AI all of the cars start bumping around the track and spinning out. It feels like it's a Lag/Connection/Syncing problem. I had a +5 Seconds penalty for "ramming" into another car, so did a bunch of guys in the race, some of them even had to leave the race cause their car were unfixable.

As long as that Rolling problem exist I'll stick with Standing Start.

Does SMS knows about this issue?

crowhop
29-09-2017, 16:37
The same problem happened to me twice yesterday. As soon as we take over the AI all of the cars start bumping around the track and spinning out. It feels like it's a Lag/Connection/Syncing problem. I had a +5 Seconds penalty for "ramming" into another car, so did a bunch of guys in the race, some of them even had to leave the race cause their car were unfixable.

As long as that Rolling problem exist I'll stick with Standing Start.

Does SMS knows about this issue?

I had one at Daytona where I qualified midfield, but the AI just turned left and passed everyone and got me to third place before I could do a single thing. It was comical, more than anything else.

takaii
29-09-2017, 21:02

You know what the poleposition should do xD break during second count down and disqualify bunch xD Lol xD Jedi mindtrick XD

Wayne Kerr
29-09-2017, 22:15
why are rolling starts single file to begin with