PDA

View Full Version : Mercedes SLS AMG GT3 vs Mercedes AMG GT3

native_jm
29-09-2017, 11:19
Hello,
I am interested in opinions on GT3 SLS AMG vs AMG. How is "new" AMG comparing to previous SLS AMG? How much different this cars. Is latest AMG version is comparable against other GT3 cars, as i don't see a lot of them in public lobbies.

P.S. tuning tips for AMG is also welcome)

AbeWoz
29-09-2017, 11:29
the 'new' car (AMG GT3) has been out for some years and was in PC1. It has the same basic drivetrain as the SLS, but a shorter wheelbase (i think) and revised aero and what not.

It is comparable to the rest of the GT3 cars (sans SLS/Z4) because they are all modern cars. The SLS and Z4 are some years old and were built, IRL, to different GT3 regulations than the modern cars. Same basic formula, but GT3 technical regs/restrictions change from year to year.

I think it's 'slower' than the 'old' SLS, but that is due to the differing regs, homologated parts, etc.

Just gotta jump in both and see which one you like better.

DeathMetalRacer
29-09-2017, 13:21
Haven't tried out either of these cars yet in PC2 but I know at least for me in PC1 the old SLS was a bit quicker than the new AMG.

native_jm
29-09-2017, 13:56
Same for me in PC1 and PC2 SLS is always quicker. So wondering is there any reason to use 'new' AMG, except that it is "new" and better look.

Mahjik
29-09-2017, 14:34
The SLS is typically faster in a straight line, where as the AMG is typically more nimble in the corners. It just depends on your driving style which you would prefer.