PDA

View Full Version : There is more to it than just being unplayable...

Vooraan
29-09-2017, 13:07
This is what happens to customers (in The Netherlands) who buy an unplayable game,

I am not going into all the bugs and glitches of the game, there is more than enough of that on this forum. This is to let SMS know what the effects are for customers when you sell an unplayable game. This is not a rant against SMS. This is also due to law in my country. But it all started by buying this product....

After 2 laps i pushed the eject button and took the game back to the store and claimed that the game is so bad that it is unplayable and that i wanted my money back. The shop employee told me that they wouldnít take the game back and return my money because the game wasnít sealed anymore and that the game was used. Yeah...like i can find out if it is a working or non working product without braking the seal. So, now i donít only have a game that is unplayable but i lost Ä58,- on it and have a big problem trying to get the store to give me my money back. I have no idea if the people at SMS even have a clou about the multiple problems people get when buying this product.
Donít get me wrong here, i have absolutely no problem with the fact that SMS releases an unplayable game, there is more than one sim on the ps4 after all. I do have a problem with becoming a victim...i lost money on a bad product and cannot return it!
So, if you are planning to buy this product, make sure that you can return it to the store and get youre money back. I am not saying that you shouldnít buy it, thatís for everyone to decide for him/herself.

I own PC1 as well and i just donít want to go through that whole drama we all experienced with it, patches here, patches there.......and a year later it was a little bit driveable. I went through that whole thing because there was no competition for SMS, it was the only sim available on ps4. But now we have multiple sims and that gives me the choice of not wanting to wait untill the whole waiting for patches scenario is finally over and we can somewhat play the game.

Conclusion,
Donít buy it (yet), there are at least two very very good sims on ps4 that you can play untill PC2 is patched up to an acceptable level. If you still want it after playing those other sims that is.

Siberian Tiger
29-09-2017, 13:09
Ah ok. Thanks for the Information...

TopAirspace
29-09-2017, 13:22
[QUOTE=Vooraan;1375247]
"I do have a problem with becoming a victim..."

Yes you do, and it's a mentality.

Vooraan
29-09-2017, 13:40
[QUOTE=Vooraan;1375247]
"I do have a problem with becoming a victim..."

Yes you do, and it's a mentality.

If it was physically....then i would start to worry a bit.... ;)

Flins
29-09-2017, 14:24
This is what happens to customers (in The Netherlands) who buy an unplayable game,

I am not going into all the bugs and glitches of the game, there is more than enough of that on this forum. This is to let SMS know what the effects are for customers when you sell an unplayable game. This is not a rant against SMS. This is also due to law in my country. But it all started by buying this product....

After 2 laps i pushed the eject button and took the game back to the store and claimed that the game is so bad that it is unplayable and that i wanted my money back. The shop employee told me that they wouldn’t take the game back and return my money because the game wasn’t sealed anymore and that the game was used. Yeah...like i can find out if it is a working or non working product without braking the seal. So, now i don’t only have a game that is unplayable but i lost €58,- on it and have a big problem trying to get the store to give me my money back. I have no idea if the people at SMS even have a clou about the multiple problems people get when buying this product.
Don’t get me wrong here, i have absolutely no problem with the fact that SMS releases an unplayable game, there is more than one sim on the ps4 after all. I do have a problem with becoming a victim...i lost money on a bad product and cannot return it!
So, if you are planning to buy this product, make sure that you can return it to the store and get youre money back. I am not saying that you shouldn’t buy it, that’s for everyone to decide for him/herself.

I own PC1 as well and i just don’t want to go through that whole drama we all experienced with it, patches here, patches there.......and a year later it was a little bit driveable. I went through that whole thing because there was no competition for SMS, it was the only sim available on ps4. But now we have multiple sims and that gives me the choice of not wanting to wait untill the whole waiting for patches scenario is finally over and we can somewhat play the game.

Conclusion,
Don’t buy it (yet), there are at least two very very good sims on ps4 that you can play untill PC2 is patched up to an acceptable level. If you still want it after playing those other sims that is.

I bought it on PS Store,
No refund possibility for me.
99.99 Euros :(

Ciccina2016
29-09-2017, 14:33
Conclusion,
Donít buy it (yet), there are at least two very very good sims on ps4 that you can play untill PC2 is patched up to an acceptable level. If you still want it after playing those other sims that is.

Are you referring to Need for Speed Deluxe Edition and the fabolus Need for Speed Rivals .. aren't you?

MaximusN
29-09-2017, 14:53

After 2 laps i pushed the eject button and took the game back to the store and claimed that the game is so bad that it is unplayable and that i wanted my money back. The shop employee told me that they wouldn’t take the game back and return my money because the game wasn’t sealed anymore and that the game was used. Yeah...like i can find out if it is a working or non working product without braking the seal. So, now i don’t only have a game that is unplayable but i lost €58,- on it and have a big problem trying to get the store to give me my money back. I have no idea if the people at SMS even have a clou about the multiple problems people get when buying this product.
Don’t get me wrong here, i have absolutely no problem with the fact that SMS releases an unplayable game, there is more than one sim on the ps4 after all. I do have a problem with becoming a victim...i lost money on a bad product and cannot return it!
So, if you are planning to buy this product, make sure that you can return it to the store and get youre money back. I am not saying that you shouldn’t buy it, that’s for everyone to decide for him/herself.

I own PC1 as well and i just don’t want to go through that whole drama we all experienced with it, patches here, patches there.......and a year later it was a little bit driveable. I went through that whole thing because there was no competition for SMS, it was the only sim available on ps4. But now we have multiple sims and that gives me the choice of not wanting to wait untill the whole waiting for patches scenario is finally over and we can somewhat play the game.

Conclusion,
Don’t buy it (yet), there are at least two very very good sims on ps4 that you can play untill PC2 is patched up to an acceptable level. If you still want it after playing those other sims that is.

My fellow Dutchmen are very nice, friendly and reasonable people as you can see above. :S

Jarek160
29-09-2017, 15:00
Wait. What? Unplayable? After 2 laps and no reason why?
So what I am playing for few hours every day since launch and loving it on my PS4 Pro? Maybe my polish version Project Cars 2 is different after all. :rolleyes:

Vooraan
29-09-2017, 16:14
I bought it on PS Store,
No refund possibility for me.
99.99 Euros :(

That’s exactly what i mean....

Again, i have no problem with gamestudio’s who release games that are not quite done yet. I know that in that world there are deadlines set and that there is a lot of pressure because of that. I am also aware that there are financial aspects to developing games. But....if i buy such a game i would like to have some cosumer rights to get my money back. I don’t think that’s too much to ask.
Then there is the situation of the pricedrop and patches, by the time its at its best you can pick it up for maybe 20-30% less......or second hand.

The reason for wanting to return it is the deadzone issue...i really was done with it after two laps. And i found out about the non existing udp and no proper TH8A support after i bought the game. After reading the threads/comments about all the other issues/bugs i knew that this was going to be PC1 drama all over again...and that’s something i am not willing to do a second time. Maybe this is different for the hardcore Pcars fans.

And that my post was not the friendliest.......hey, too bad...i am not happy with this situation. Go read a thread with a lot of positive posts about PC2. There has to be one around here somewhere........right?

Roger Prynne
29-09-2017, 16:19
That’s exactly what i mean....

Again, i have no problem with gamestudio’s who release games that are not quite done yet. I know that in that world there are deadlines set and that there is a lot of pressure because of that. I am also aware that there are financial aspects to developing games. But....if i buy such a game i would like to have some cosumer rights to get my money back. I don’t think that’s too much to ask.
Then there is the situation of the pricedrop and patches, by the time its at its best you can pick it up for maybe 20-30% less......or second hand.

The reason for wanting to return it is the deadzone issue...i really was done with it after two laps. And i found out about the non existing udp and no proper TH8A support after i bought the game. After reading the threads/comments about all the other issues/bugs i knew that this was going to be PC1 drama all over again...and that’s something i am not willing to do a second time. Maybe this is different for the hardcore Pcars fans.

And that my post was not the friendliest.......hey, too bad...i am not happy with this situation. Go read a thread with a lot of positive posts about PC2. There has to be one around here somewhere........right?
Plenty as it happens.

middle finger
29-09-2017, 17:40
Two laps takes to warm up the tires.

Vooraan
29-09-2017, 18:25
Two laps takes to warm up the tires.

But that doesn’t make the game reasonable playable. There will still be bugs and the deadzone issue will also remain. In my case i had no problems with cold tires, i know they are cold and of course i will drive easy untill they become warm enough to really push it.

Dirtryder
29-09-2017, 18:42
Mate, your a goose, seriously 2 laps. Did you even make any set up changes. I can only imagine what would happen if you were to buy a car, you would hope in and go " Nuh, seat is too close to the wheel, I'm not buying that*
Let's get 1 thing straight. This is not pc1, you can not expect to jump on and go flat out. It took me 2 days and many setup changes before I felt comfortable with driving the cars. What I can say now is that for the most part, bugs excepted, the game is fantastic.
Your problem is your a quitter and did not give the game a fair go. C ya.

MaximusN
29-09-2017, 18:49
2 Laps is one car, one track and almost no time to even tweak your settings(if any).... How can you come to a verdict after that? Now, you are entitled to your opinion, but it's not based on facts.

If I were you I had kept that part out of your post, that would at least given you some credibility. Now you have none...

Now I agree there are some bugs, but none really bother me and I know they are being fixed. I prefer bugs to design choices I don't agree with.

Vooraan
29-09-2017, 19:26
2 Laps is one car, one track and almost no time to even tweak your settings(if any).... How can you come to a verdict after that? Now, you are entitled to your opinion, but it's not based on facts.

If I were you I had kept that part out of your post, that would at least given you some credibility. Now you have none...

Now I agree there are some bugs, but none really bother me and I know they are being fixed. I prefer bugs to design choices I don't agree with.

Ok, one more time,

I don’t care that it is a badly released game! There are more and waaaaay better sims out there so why should i care about a brand that’s putting out two badly released sims in a row. What i care about is my money and my consumer rights. I just want my money back.
Don’t make this thread something that its not. If you want to know about bugs and things that are not working just read the first 10-15 threads in this ps4 section and you will be fully informed.

Sankyo
29-09-2017, 19:36
Ok, one more time,

I don’t care that it is a badly released game! There are more and waaaaay better sims out there so why should i care about a brand that’s putting out two badly released sims in a row. What i care about is my money and my consumer rights. I just want my money back.
Don’t make this thread something that its not. If you want to know about bugs and things that are not working just read the first 10-15 threads in this ps4 section and you will be fully informed.
But your point was that after 2 laps you found it unplayable, that has nothing to do with other people reporting problems. People are only asking how you came to the conclusion that it was unplayable? I mean, there can be a very good reason. People are questioning how you can judge the behaviour of a car, but maybe you were experiencing extreme stuttering, or input lag, or something else? Valid questions I think :)

Jarek160
29-09-2017, 19:52
Yeah. We play nice. We do not want to call you a bulsh***er or something like that Vooraan. Because, you know, "It is not wise to upset a Wookie" ;)

Konan
29-09-2017, 20:01
Ok, one more time,

You not getting your money back is not SMS's fault...it's the store policy's doing...

sbtm
29-09-2017, 20:16
Ok, one more time,

ok I'm curious.. what Sims are you refering to? :-D

middle finger
29-09-2017, 20:49
I'm in tier 2 now with gt3. First race is snow and I just simply can't drive that car.

Vooraan
29-09-2017, 21:16
But your point was that after 2 laps you found it unplayable, that has nothing to do with other people reporting problems. People are only asking how you came to the conclusion that it was unplayable? I mean, there can be a very good reason. People are questioning how you can judge the behaviour of a car, but maybe you were experiencing extreme stuttering, or input lag, or something else? Valid questions I think :)

Ok, i will play along but remember that the direction this thread is going was not my intention.

First of all, the game didn’t work at all when i first started up the game. I got to the very first screen and after that...nothing. Owkeej, now what? Euhh, do i really have to get my tablet, go on the internet and GOOGLE how to get in the game? Is that really the very first thing i had to do? Really? It turns out that the game doen’t recognize the TH8A and because of that not even the wheel!! Really? The game doesn’t know the Thrustmaster TH8A? That is the shifter with the most sells ever! So, i have not driven one meter and already two MAJOR screwups... Finally, in the game. So, i went to the options menu to setup my wheel, pedals and ffb. The slider for the steering deadzone set to 0 and i went out to the track. I started to drive and in the very first corner i felt that there was still a deadzone in the steering. At the second corner it was clear that there is a HUGE gap in the wheel. Back to the settings.....and back to the settings....etc. After an hour or so fiddling with the options/settings there was no way this was going to work. In the end i drove two laps and put myself out of my misery and went to the store (intertoys) to return the game and get my money back, well that didn’t happen so now i am pissed off. Rightfully.
Ok, don’t bother replying with all kinds of settings and other ‘go arounds’ because that is something that will never properly work. It should have functioned right out of the box! Totally not interested in todays ‘solutions’ for todays problems.
Don’t say that youre working on it, don’t say that you report all the bugs to the devs...we have heard all of that when PC1 came out. You can throw that card out the window because it’s not worth anything anymore. We know that tune to the death.

What you can do is answer the following three questions with yes or no. (and don’t say ‘it’s not so simple’ or ‘it’s not that black and white’. These cards have also been used before PC2 and please no other useless excuses) Only answers from devs or mods will do.

1 Is it normal that the Thrustmaster TH8A doesn’t work right out of the box?

2 Is it normal that there is a huge deadzone in the steering wheel while settings are set to 0 on the steering deadzone slider.

3 Do you think the ps4 version of PC2 was ready and good enough to be released?

Now i am very very curious about youre answers. I bet there is not a dev who is gonna post just three yesses or noos. What i am gonna get is one of the standard answers that we all know by now. Or a ban, that’s also an easy way out, we’ll see...

Konan
29-09-2017, 21:39
You will not get an answer to those questions.
As for the card pulling thing...right...i have only two to pull: yellow and red...
Right now you're on yellow...up to you if you want to make it red...

DervPM
29-09-2017, 21:42
Ok, i will play along but remember that the direction this thread is going was not my intention.

First of all, the game didnít work at all when i first started up the game. I got to the very first screen and after that...nothing. Owkeej, now what? Euhh, do i really have to get my tablet, go on the internet and GOOGLE how to get in the game? Is that really the very first thing i had to do? Really? It turns out that the game doenít recognize the TH8A and because of that not even the wheel!! Really? The game doesnít know the Thrustmaster TH8A? That is the shifter with the most sells ever! So, i have not driven one meter and already two MAJOR screwups... Finally, in the game. So, i went to the options menu to setup my wheel, pedals and ffb. The slider for the steering deadzone set to 0 and i went out to the track. I started to drive and in the very first corner i felt that there was still a deadzone in the steering. At the second corner it was clear that there is a HUGE gap in the wheel. Back to the settings.....and back to the settings....etc. After an hour or so fiddling with the options/settings there was no way this was going to work. In the end i drove two laps and put myself out of my misery and went to the store (intertoys) to return the game and get my money back, well that didnít happen so now i am pissed off. Rightfully.
Ok, donít bother replying with all kinds of settings and other Ďgo aroundsí because that is something that will never properly work. It should have functioned right out of the box! Totally not interested in todays Ďsolutionsí for todays problems.
Donít say that youre working on it, donít say that you report all the bugs to the devs...we have heard all of that when PC1 came out. You can throw that card out the window because itís not worth anything anymore. We know that tune to the death.

What you can do is answer the following three questions with yes or no. (and donít say Ďitís not so simpleí or Ďitís not that black and whiteí. These cards have also been used before PC2 and please no other useless excuses) Only answers from devs or mods will do.

1 Is it normal that the Thrustmaster TH8A doesnít work right out of the box?

2 Is it normal that there is a huge deadzone in the steering wheel while settings are set to 0 on the steering deadzone slider.

Now i am very very curious about youre answers. I bet there is not a dev who is gonna post just three yesses or noos. What i am gonna get is one of the standard answers that we all know by now. Or a ban, thatís also an easy way out, weíll see...

It's easy to cynically pick on Vooraan, but he's got a point. We paid for a finished product not for a wip and ot be honest PC2 is a disappointment.. The game can't fulfill the hype, at least not for me so far.. Reasonable ffb settings for my fanatec cls ps4 can't be found, MP breaksdown, hdr meager etc.. I don't give a monkey about the Ä 100, but I want the best racing sim on console, as promised.. To drive it can't compare with asseto corsa.

Konan
29-09-2017, 21:51
That might be true for some...and i'm not allowed to pull the "we're working on it" card...so what's left?
Telling lies?
And excuse me but synical?
He's a returning member who got removed back when Pcars Just came out,we gave him a second chance but he just seems to return to his old ways...
Criticism:Yes but give us the chance to reply before cutting us off in the same post you complain in...

DervPM
29-09-2017, 22:11
I sincerely hope and expect that you/the PC2 team are working on It dear Konan, just stating that I’m disappointed about the state of the game at this moment. I’ll still do my 2 hours a day on the game, but the ffb settings are really a pain. I know that I’m only one of the millions, but I think that if it doesn’t improve many racers will go to GTsport.

Konan
29-09-2017, 22:15
I sincerely hope and expect that you/the PC2 team are working on It dear Konan, just stating that I’m disappointed about the state of the game at this moment. I’ll still do my 2 hours a day on the game, but the ffb settings are really a pain. I know that I’m only one of the millions, but I think that if it doesn’t improve many racers will go to GTsport.

I completely understand that...and indeed they are working on the issues we report...same as in Pcars1...sorry but that is the card i have to pull because it's the truth...

rmboss
29-09-2017, 22:38
You not getting your money back is not SMS's fault...it's the store policy's doing...

It is SMS’s fault cause they relase a product which is not quiet ready yet. It’s like I will advertise my product from say last yr, how good it is and how its looks like etc and then send something out what is nowhere near what I was promise to be.

Don’t get all that relase date and then patching all up straight after. This is clearly something to do to be quicker then Gran Turismo developers. I’v been GT player for many years on several wheels. Decide to move into something different and I choose PC1. I was very happy with the game and decide to pre order PC2 - big mistake. Can’t wait for GT Sport and like someone mention above - I could get PC2 when all will be fixed or second hand one. Why should I pay more for something that it’s not ready ? What was the point ? I have advertised my PC2 copy for sale 30 % less then I paid - no interest ! Stuck with game that I hate !

Roger Prynne
29-09-2017, 22:47
It is SMS’s fault cause they relase a product which is not quiet ready yet. It’s like I will advertise my product from say last yr, how good it is and how its looks like etc and then send something out what is nowhere near what I was promise to be.

Don’t get all that relase date and then patching all up straight after. This is clearly something to do to be quicker then Gran Turismo developers. I’v been GT player for many years on several wheels. Decide to move into something different and I choose PC1. I was very happy with the game and decide to pre order PC2 - big mistake. Can’t wait for GT Sport and like someone mention above - I could get PC2 when all will be fixed or second hand one. Why should I pay more for something that it’s not ready ? What was the point ? I have advertised my PC2 copy for sale 30 % less then I paid - no interest ! Stuck with game that I hate !

It's got nothing to do with that at all.
The publisher gives SMS a date to release and SMS has to release on that date, so they have to put out a game that is not completely 100% and then patch it as soon as possible.

rmboss
29-09-2017, 22:57
It's got nothing to do with that at all.
The publisher gives SMS a date to release and SMS has to release on that date, so they have to put out a game that is not completely 100% and then patch it as soon as possible.

If that is the case, then this should state black & white on the product description:

„This product is in development stage (BETA) and will be fully patched in next say few weeks or months.

Not declaring this on the product it’s a simply case of mislead and breach of sale agreement t&c

Roger Prynne
29-09-2017, 22:59
If that is the case, then this should state black & white on the product description:

„This product is in development stage (BETA) and will be fully patched in next say few weeks or months.

Not declaring this on the product it’s a simply case of mislead and breach of sale agreement t&c

Please don't start with that as it will get you into all sorts of trouble.

Madwak55
29-09-2017, 23:00
I've got to disagree with reasonable ffb settings can't be found for the PS4 CSL elite, they are there if you read through some of the threads. Mine is working fine apart from the rumble strips and not being able to use the th8a as a handbrake, not a game breaker for me by any means and I've been on it everyday since release. The Bonus for me is that when I worked out the wheel settings for pcars2 ffb and then went and tried Dirt4 again my new "on wheel" settings had improved the ffb on that as well :)

rmboss
29-09-2017, 23:06
Please don't start with that as it will get you into all sorts of trouble.

Get me in the trouble ? For what ? For saying how this looks from law and regulations perspective ? Donít be silly please.

Im working in trade for 20 yrs and know what Im talking about.

Djuvinile
29-09-2017, 23:49

After 2 laps i pushed the eject button and took the game back to the store and claimed that the game is so bad that it is unplayable and that i wanted my money back. The shop employee told me that they wouldnít take the game back and return my money because the game wasnít sealed anymore and that the game was used. Yeah...like i can find out if it is a working or non working product without braking the seal. So, now i donít only have a game that is unplayable but i lost Ä58,- on it and have a big problem trying to get the store to give me my money back. I have no idea if the people at SMS even have a clou about the multiple problems people get when buying this product.
Donít get me wrong here, i have absolutely no problem with the fact that SMS releases an unplayable game, there is more than one sim on the ps4 after all. I do have a problem with becoming a victim...i lost money on a bad product and cannot return it!
So, if you are planning to buy this product, make sure that you can return it to the store and get youre money back. I am not saying that you shouldnít buy it, thatís for everyone to decide for him/herself.

I own PC1 as well and i just donít want to go through that whole drama we all experienced with it, patches here, patches there.......and a year later it was a little bit driveable. I went through that whole thing because there was no competition for SMS, it was the only sim available on ps4. But now we have multiple sims and that gives me the choice of not wanting to wait untill the whole waiting for patches scenario is finally over and we can somewhat play the game.

Conclusion,

My hair was raising from this one already actually, its really this kind of attitude that you are presenting here as a "dutchman", that makes me as a" fellow dutchman" ashamed of it you even mentioning it.. who even cares where you're from? and you're a victim of our laws!? lmfao.. come on.. you're living in one of the most rich and free country's on earth, you apparently could afford electricity a ps4 a screen to play on a wheel.. things can't be that bad can they?! i play on the same platform and have absolutely no issues that make it not enjoyable. Th8a works fine, connect it to wheelbase. other control possibilities are coming. a few minor bugs nothing unplayable. Fixes will come, as in any game these days.. calm down!. And if its that big of an issue go bring it to a gamestore they will easily return you the money for it of buying all of those other "great racing sims" ur talking about together..

Aldo Zampatti
30-09-2017, 00:01
Get me in the trouble ? For what ? For saying how this looks from law and regulations perspective ? Don’t be silly please.

Im working in trade for 20 yrs and know what Im talking about.

Please, let's lower the tone of the conversation.

Vooraan
30-09-2017, 00:10
My hair was raising from this one already actually, its really this kind of attitude that you are presenting here as a "dutchman", that makes me as a" fellow dutchman" ashamed of it you even mentioning it.. who even cares where you're from? and you're a victim of our laws!? lmfao.. come on.. you're living in one of the most rich and free country's on earth, you apparently could afford electricity a ps4 a screen to play on a wheel.. things can't be that bad can they?! i play on the same platform and have absolutely no issues that make it not enjoyable. Th8a works fine, connect it to wheelbase. other control possibilities are coming. a few minor bugs nothing unplayable. Fixes will come, as in any game these days.. calm down!. And if its that big of an issue go bring it to a gamestore they will easily return you the money for it of buying all of those other "great racing sims" ur talking about together..

Ok, you clearly didn’t get my post. The thread was started by me to make people aware of the fact that you can not return the game to the place where you have bought it. You don’t get youre money back if you claim that the product doesn’t do what it promises to do. So, just to be clear...the mentioning of the country that i live in has only to do with that fact, nothing more nothing less.

rmboss
30-09-2017, 00:36
Please, let's lower the tone of the conversation.

Will do no problem, but also don’t like emty threats addressed to me. Was just pointing out how I see this and was just to share this on the forum, perhaps that’s what forum should be about any ?

So I hope you as a mod, also ask the same question the other person.

Thanks

Aldo Zampatti
30-09-2017, 00:38
Will do no problem, but also don’t like emty threats addressed to me. Was just pointing out how I see this and was just to share this on the forum, perhaps that’s what forum should be about any ?

So I hope you as a mod, also ask the same question the other person.

Thanks
We are in consistent internal dialog among Mods. Thanks :)

rmboss
30-09-2017, 00:42
We are in consistent internal dialog among Mods. Thanks :)

Very good to know. Saying out here that something what I write will put me in all sorts of trouble is a threat !

I will not stand for this - but anyway, I have calm down now and will try to be more constructive.

Thanks

LukeC
30-09-2017, 00:52

First of all, the game didnít work at all when i first started up the game. I got to the very first screen and after that...nothing. Owkeej, now what? Euhh, do i really have to get my tablet, go on the internet and GOOGLE how to get in the game? Is that really the very first thing i had to do? Really? It turns out that the game doenít recognize the TH8A and because of that not even the wheel!! Really? The game doesnít know the Thrustmaster TH8A? That is the shifter with the most sells ever! So, i have not driven one meter and already two MAJOR screwups... Finally, in the game. So, i went to the options menu to setup my wheel, pedals and ffb. The slider for the steering deadzone set to 0 and i went out to the track. I started to drive and in the very first corner i felt that there was still a deadzone in the steering. At the second corner it was clear that there is a HUGE gap in the wheel. Back to the settings.....and back to the settings....etc. After an hour or so fiddling with the options/settings there was no way this was going to work. In the end i drove two laps and put myself out of my misery and went to the store (intertoys) to return the game and get my money back, well that didnít happen so now i am pissed off. Rightfully.
Ok, donít bother replying with all kinds of settings and other Ďgo aroundsí because that is something that will never properly work. It should have functioned right out of the box! Totally not interested in todays Ďsolutionsí for todays problems.
Donít say that youre working on it, donít say that you report all the bugs to the devs...we have heard all of that when PC1 came out. You can throw that card out the window because itís not worth anything anymore. We know that tune to the death.

What you can do is answer the following three questions with yes or no. (and donít say Ďitís not so simpleí or Ďitís not that black and whiteí. These cards have also been used before PC2 and please no other useless excuses) Only answers from devs or mods will do.

Now i am very very curious about youre answers. I bet there is not a dev who is gonna post just three yesses or noos. What i am gonna get is one of the standard answers that we all know by now. Or a ban, thatís also an easy way out, weíll see...

Did you patch the game by any chance?

The ps4 disc version is unplayable as there is something massively wrong with the force feedback ie linearity issues and the massive deadzone and lack of feeling that you've described. There are also a few other problems, some of which you've also described.

However, once the game is patched it is definitely playable and very enjoyable when you set it up right.

Still, how a game gets released after nearly 2 years of Develoment with something as fundamental as force feedback not working properly is a mystery to me. Yes, there is a day one patch, but not everybody on this planet has access to the Internet.

LukeC
30-09-2017, 00:59
Ok, you clearly didn’t get my post. The thread was started by me to make people aware of the fact that you can not return the game to the place where you have bought it. You don’t get youre money back if you claim that the product doesn’t do what it promises to do. So, just to be clear...the mentioning of the country that i live in has only to do with that fact, nothing more nothing less.

Are you sure about that? As far as I'm aware in most western countries the consumer has a right to get a refund for any product and for whatever reason within a certain time period.

I also know that some retailers will incorrectly tell their customers that they cannot offer a refund to avoid having to refund their money. This is illegal, but it does happen.

Civic
30-09-2017, 01:37

I'll bite, I'm not a mod though.

1. I read there about this. Seems there is a bug that will most likely be fixed later. Luckily it doesn't make the game unplayable or broken, it just doesn't support the shifter as a standalone device at this time based on what I read.

2. Your post doesn't say if it was input deadzone or FFB deadzone. That is an input deadzone setting and my G29 has no input deadzone. Minimum force is a FFB setting fro removal of FFB deadzone that is a function based on the design of your wheel. In other words FFB deadzone is felt when we use toy wheels because they are expensive but crap toys. Developers help remove the feeling of deadzone with settings that boost minimum forces. In PC2 these settings are directly linked to the sliders in game. Volume may be the main setting that effects the feel of deadzone in FFB but other settings also have an effect. If your settings are bad your wheel may have a noticable deadzone in the FFB or it may become clunky feeling around the center if your settings are too strong.

So input deadzone would be an issue. If you have input deadzone I would advise you make sure your wheel is the primary controller when you start the game and you have calibrated your steering, then I would advise in addition to using a deadzone of 0 you make sure your steering sensitivity is set to 50 otherwise you will have issues.

If both of those things are correct you might be experiencing an issue. My next piece of advice would be to test the sensitivity setting. Go in game and check if your on screen wheel matches your input. If your onscreen wheel is behind turn sensitivity up until the input matches the outcome, if it is ahead turn it down until the input matches the outcome. Sometimes glitches can cause sliders to not function as intended. This was an issue for me in PC1, the fix was to slide the slider to each extreme and then return it to the correct position of 50 and see what happens. I would also recommend doing this with the deadzone setting. If you can get your wheel to work with a setting other than0 and 50 respectively I'd recommend reporting it as a bug.

FFB deadzone would be a result of user error. That would make sense as the system is a little more complicated than what people are familiar with and it lack continuity in the interface. In other words it is poorly designed. But it does work when you work out how to use it.

3. Yes and No. It wasn't good enough to be released in this state without warning that there are issues, some of which are serious. But it is good enough to be released if people know what they are getting in to. I can't remember, did you preorder it? If not, I can only say it is your fault for making an uninformed purchase because it took no time for the news of the issues to come out. I preordered mine and I thought I was doing it informed but in hindsight I realise that was a mistake. I wish I had bought the PC version now.

But I don't think you are the type of person who will try and get it working and then my advice to you is never buy a new game. Wait for reviews, wait until you know it will work for you and only then buy it especially if your country doesn't have strong consumer protection laws that would allow you to return a game that doesn't work as claimed.

Ian Bell
30-09-2017, 01:45
We're rating high 80's guys. To read some of these posts you'd think we put out a 40% disaster. Enough now. We have thousands of people very much loving the game and telling us so.