PDA

View Full Version : Safety Rating issue

Dutchtastic
29-09-2017, 13:34
Hi

I know that complaints are not welcome on this forum, but it's more or less adressing an issue I encounter. Considering there is no "complaints" or "issues" section, I'll plop it down here.

First and foremost, thank you for applying the safety and skill rating to Project Cars 2, great step-up from the online experience which put me off Project Cars 1. Unfortunatly, I'm lost in the woods when it comes to the safety aspect of the licence.

Explenation:
I started an hour long Spa race in the GT3 with the F licence. Throughout the cleanest GT3 race ever and only 2 slowdown warnings (eau-Rouge) I had to find out that I was relegated to U licence again. I've not had contact with anyone on / off track, no contact in qualifying or the formation lap or any penalty, drive through or time penalty that could have been applied.

Is there something that didn't register / show me? The safety aspect could be fine-tuned with a points system in the race to actually show you how many "incidents" you have that may or may not drop your safety licence.

Siberian Tiger
29-09-2017, 13:42
Where did you get that "complaints" aren't welcome on this Forum?

If those complaints are written in a constructive manner then it's no Problem. We are all here to make Project Cars 2 an even better Game.

The Help of the Community is needed to find Bug's and adress them.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On your Subject: There is an UI Bug which shows sometimes wrong Licenses. You should see your actual Ranking in the Affinity Screen. Maybe this bug hitted you...

Dutchtastic
29-09-2017, 13:44
On your Subject: There is an UI Bug which shows sometimes wrong Licenses. You should see your actual Ranking in the Affinity Screen. Maybe this bug hitted you...

I checked in lobby, regular loading in and affinity screen. It dropped my rating back to U.

Tyl3n0L
29-09-2017, 13:48
I have the same issue as him,

last night I did 3 online races which brought me up to F1484. I just opened up the game again this morning and I'm back to U1484.

I went to my "Affinity" page and it still show U1484...

Siberian Tiger
29-09-2017, 13:50
Yes, that's exactly the UI Bug... It will be fixed with the next Patch... (2.0 / 1.2.0) which will hit PC and Console SMSoonTM

Didn't know that Affinity Screen was also affected, but it seems so...

takaii
29-09-2017, 13:56
I have the same issue as him,

last night I did 3 online races which brought me up to F1484. I just opened up the game again this morning and I'm back to U1484.

I went to my "Affinity" page and it still show U1484...

Its gui bug. Log into a race and it will display correct value again.
Does this for me each time i start the game. But its no issue it solves itself eachtime joining a game
For me atleast

Dutchtastic
29-09-2017, 14:29
Yes, that's exactly the UI Bug... It will be fixed with the next Patch... (2.0 / 1.2.0) which will hit PC and Console SMSoonTM

Didn't know that Affinity Screen was also affected, but it seems so...

Does this mean it doesn't calculate for me? or can I expect to get a D / C licence as soon as the next patch comes around?

takaii
29-09-2017, 14:32
Does this mean it doesn't calculate for me? or can I expect to get a D / C licence as soon as the next patch comes around?

It wont affect ranking up. Its just a visual bug! You can still keep ranking up

Balles
29-09-2017, 14:33
No, the UI bug is just that it shows a Uxxxx instead of your real letter. All is calculated fine and if you go on MP you should be able to see your real SR. There will be no miracle when the patch will come sorry !

Edit : ninja'd

psyco
29-09-2017, 14:35
When the new patch coming out? :)

kofotsjanne
29-09-2017, 14:36
Can I find a up to date guide about rating anywhere?

Balles
29-09-2017, 14:37

I think when it's ready. :p

Dutchtastic
29-09-2017, 14:37
No, the UI bug is just that it shows a Uxxxx instead of your real letter. All is calculated fine and if you go on MP you should be able to see your real SR. There will be no miracle when the patch will come sorry !

Edit : ninja'd

That'd be surprising because then I have to do single lap races without getting an incident to rank up my safety. As soon as you get 1 incident "point" you drop a licence, that'd be outragious.

Is there a calculation somewhere to see how safety is being calculated. On iRacing you actually can see the amount of incident points you have and the rough calculation is known by drivers.

takaii
29-09-2017, 14:39

Probably when finnished with all intented fixes
for that release

Balles
29-09-2017, 14:41
Maybe this will help you http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?50721-Ranking-System/page2

Dutchtastic
29-09-2017, 14:46
Maybe this will help you http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?50721-Ranking-System/page2

Was looking more along the lines of an calculation algorythm to calculate (roughly) how many incident points you can have each race based on previous results to still gain safety rating or improve that rating. 2 incidents on an hour long race and it drops my safety rating that's not fair. We're not the AI that can drive flawless laps for multiple hours.

kofotsjanne
29-09-2017, 14:51
Was looking more along the lines of an calculation algorythm to calculate (roughly) how many incident points you can have each race based on previous results to still gain safety rating or improve that rating. 2 incidents on an hour long race and it drops my safety rating that's not fair. We're not the AI that can drive flawless laps for multiple hours.
I think exact info like that would help the really dedicated wreckers to keep race against decent, clean drivers. I hope they keep that one a secret as long as they can.

Dutchtastic
29-09-2017, 14:54
I think exact info like that would help the really dedicated wreckers to still race against decent, clean drivers. I hope they keep that one a secret, as long as they can.

You cannot, as a wrecker, have high skill rating and safety rating. People that wreck have to pit, repair damage, lose time whilst drivers that watch out don't have to waste time in the pitlane.
I've driven on iRacing since last year and it's incredibly clean (apart from drivers that just get fed up) and I've been on the highest (non-esport) licence since March? I've not seen a single driver wreck because of the safety rating / skill rating involved.

If there are people that get into lobbies like that, it just means that the requirement to enter that lobby is set too low.

cpcdem
29-09-2017, 14:57
From what I've seen, the system penalizes also going off track and driving through the grass, although not as much as when having contact with others etc.
Could it be in this long SPA race you did go a lot of times off track? I usually do, because I get too tired after that much time..

Dutchtastic
29-09-2017, 14:59
From what I've seen, the system penalizes also going off track and driving through the grass, although not as much as when having contact with others etc.
Could it be in this long SPA race you did go a lot of times off track? I usually do, because I get too tired after that much time..

2 slowdowns for cutting Eau-Rouge, which didn't go to a penalty because I slowed down before the chicane.
I've not seen other warnings that involve incidents on my part, hence why I'm wondering how the safety is being calculated.

Balles
29-09-2017, 15:45
How the safety rank is calculated won't be revealed. Us players just have to know that we have to be clean, don't go off track, don't hit other cars or walls, spin, etc.
I'd like to know too but I understand it's better because some can play with the rules instead of play by the rules.

Dutchtastic
02-10-2017, 10:54
How the safety rank is calculated won't be revealed. Us players just have to know that we have to be clean, don't go off track, don't hit other cars or walls, spin, etc.
I'd like to know too but I understand it's better because some can play with the rules instead of play by the rules.

Right now there is absolutely no tell how severe the incidents are on your safety rating.
How much is a slow down? How much is a warning for contact? How much is a Drive Through, Contact or time penalty going to impact your licence? Is your history being calculated in the safety licence...

ironik
02-10-2017, 11:25
What's the point of knowing that?
Genuine question here.

eracerhead
02-10-2017, 11:29
I started an hour long Spa race in the GT3 with the F licence. Throughout the cleanest GT3 race ever and only 2 slowdown warnings (eau-Rouge) I had to find out that I was relegated to U licence again. I've not had contact with anyone on / off track, no contact in qualifying or the formation lap or any penalty, drive through or time penalty that could have been applied.

While serving your slowdown period, I'm guessing other cars had to pass you? If so, the system likely recognizing that you were either a real or potential hazard to other drivers (penalty or no) and assessed a Safety Rating based on that fact.

takaii
02-10-2017, 11:33
Genuine question here.

Probably to know if one should get stressed for getting warnings or not .

ironik
02-10-2017, 12:02
Probably to know if one should get stressed for getting warnings or not .

:D

Well... it's quite obvious that going off track has not the same impact as wrecking a car.
Logically it would be something like : off track < cutting < object contact < light car contact < medium < hard. I'm just using my common sense here :)
Furthermore there are multiplying factors depending on the session type (Practice < Qualifications < Race) and categories (RX < TC < GT3 < open wheeler)

I really don't understand why someone would want to know how much each case is worth SR wise (despite wanting to game the system).
I mean, just try to drive clean...
I'm stuck in E right now so I understand how this could be frustrating sometimes but... Many people were complaining about having nothing to grind for in pCARS.
Here you go! :cool:

F2kSel
02-10-2017, 12:46
They should have an option for the guy who caused the wreck to take the blame so other drivers don't take a punishment.
I caused a wreck last night and only I should take the blame.

imagineer
02-10-2017, 20:20
They should have an option for the guy who caused the wreck to take the blame so other drivers don't take a punishment.
I caused a wreck last night and only I should take the blame.

+1

Also... Does the rating system work when the Damage is 'only visual' and the penalties are 'off'?
(or maybe does it count less?)

I really don't understand why someone would want to know how much each case is worth SR wise (despite wanting to game the system).
Well... on a (own)server with just friends, you might want to be a bit less cautious at times, while still having the rating system on as there are also times you play with others

honespc
02-10-2017, 20:33
Also, the short name (you have a name and an another made of three letters only, don't know the english word for that sorry), doesn't update on the online race boards. I can change it, and it has no effect

Dutchtastic
03-10-2017, 17:46
Genuine question here.

I'd like to know simply because of the fact that I'm convinced that 50% of the incidents are not even shown to the driver. In the past few days on my own I discovered that a lot of penalties / warnings are delayed massively (cuttrack at Bruxelles at Spa and I do not even get a message untill halfway Pouhon).

While serving your slowdown period, I'm guessing other cars had to pass you? If so, the system likely recognizing that you were either a real or potential hazard to other drivers (penalty or no) and assessed a Safety Rating based on that fact.

During the slowdown I wasn't passed and I didn't pass anyone.
Considering you mentioned "I'm guessing" you don't know either, hence why I'm wondering how the system works, severity of incidents etc.

:D
Well... it's quite obvious that going off track has not the same impact as wrecking a car.
Logically it would be something like : off track < cutting < object contact < light car contact < medium < hard. I'm just using my common sense here :)
Furthermore there are multiplying factors depending on the session type (Practice < Qualifications < Race) and categories (RX < TC < GT3 < open wheeler)

I mean, just try to drive clean...
I'm stuck in E right now so I understand how this could be frustrating sometimes but... Many people were complaining about having nothing to grind for in pCARS.
Here you go! :cool:

And you know this how? Based on iRacing safety system?
I've not heard that even in practice of qualifying the system keeps track of incidents (before people wonder, no I didn't crash / got insane amount of incident points). And it's impossible to game the system and obtaining both safety and skill rating (ref. previous posts)
It's not the frustration of being in F or E safety rating, it's the issue with not advancing whilst being as clean as possible (2 inc in 1 hour on Spa). I'm wondering what it would require to obtain the skill rating / safety ratings to compete in the community events (upcoming one is 4k and I've not seen 1 driver with 1660+)

takaii
03-10-2017, 17:50
Why i wana know how the rating system works is to understand why the heck i manage to rank to A in such a short time.. Seriously i spinned out or miss track several times each race... Yes i am A rank. i dont crash into others to often but i am not to follow track allways. It feels like it isnt counted. In i racing its really hard to rank up safety rank. in project cars 2 its really easy. That people complain that its hard is hilerious they just need to drive better. Can i rank to A i am sure they drive horrible i use myself as bad example so it would be interesting to understand the system better

Dutchtastic
05-10-2017, 11:25
Why i wana know how the rating system works is to understand why the heck i manage to rank to A in such a short time.. Seriously i spinned out or miss track several times each race... Yes i am A rank. i dont crash into others to often but i am not to follow track allways. It feels like it isnt counted. In i racing its really hard to rank up safety rank. in project cars 2 its really easy. That people complain that its hard is hilerious they just need to drive better. Can i rank to A i am sure they drive horrible i use myself as bad example so it would be interesting to understand the system better

I barely understood half of that message but:
I've done 35 races, finished 30 of them within the top 5 and in most cases only 1 slow down message for Eau Rouge which I cover before the next corner (chicane) and yet I'm still E

Norxman
05-10-2017, 22:39
I really like the idea of the rating system. It will be interesting to see how it works over time.

I have to admit that Iím struggling to improve mine. Iím not the fastest sim racer out there and after qualy I usually end up mid pack or top 5-10. Despite my best efforts that usually means I will get murdered and have several penalties as people try to win the race the first few turns.

Iíve noticed that when Iíve gotten top 3 itís been much less of a problem. Simply because the odds of surviving lap 1 are much better.

F2kSel
06-10-2017, 20:53
Even if you do improve it it can get reset back to the start which just happened to me.
It was D something two days ago and today when I loaded up it's back to U.

Civic
06-10-2017, 22:06
You cannot, as a wrecker, have high skill rating and safety rating. People that wreck have to pit, repair damage, lose time whilst drivers that watch out don't have to waste time in the pitlane.
I've driven on iRacing since last year and it's incredibly clean (apart from drivers that just get fed up) and I've been on the highest (non-esport) licence since March? I've not seen a single driver wreck because of the safety rating / skill rating involved.

If there are people that get into lobbies like that, it just means that the requirement to enter that lobby is set too low.

Yeah right. When i was on iRacing I got my iRating up to about 4500 at one point and even after i gave up caring my iRating was still around 3500. I could keep an A license there even if I had contact every race. And you don't even need an A license because the majority of racing is B or lower.

Anyway the dirtiest racing I encountered on iRacing was at the top level in high SOF races. In these races it was not uncommon to find people strategically using bump and run passing to gain 1-2 positions in a race due to the highly competitive nature of these races. And protesting such incidents would result in "racing incident" which is why people have no problem racing dirty at that level. Plenty of cases of clear intentional wrecking have been documented that resulted in a "racing incident" decision, if you look hard enough on the iRacing forums you should find them. All you have to do is strategically apply your brakes a little late and when you spin someone as you "accidentally" run into them while they are turning you just say "sorry". Then even if they protest you when you lie and say it was unintentional Nim will declare it a racing incident but chances are you will never have to explain anything. I provided video evidence of the guy alongside me on a straight turning his hard to direct his car into me to push me off the road and that was called a "racing incident". There is video on the forums of even more blatant deliberate wrecking that was declared "racing incident".

It doesn't seem any different here. I was in a race the other day where a C license (which at that point was the highest I had encountered) started without qualifying and pushed cars out of the way to win. So far I have only completed a few races due to constant disconnections but I have had a warning in every session and my license has only gone up. In just a few races I'm up to E, I was very surprised when it went from F to E, the first lap was very messy with panels flying off all of us and then we all spun on the first lap. I was sure my license would go down, what a surprise to see such terrible driving awarded with a safer rating :lol:

Civic
06-10-2017, 22:13

Thanks for confirming my fears. I think iRacing SR is too easy. It is one of my biggest complaints about iRacing. If PC2 is easier than iRacing that is really bad but my few races here has led me to believe it and you have said what I feared.

I understand why the iRacing SR system is terrible, they want to sell more content.

I can't understand why PC2 wouldn't implement a better ranking system especially considering they have far more ranks and it doesn't effect how much you spend.

Fingers crossed GTS get it right and show the others how to do it. I wont hold my breath.