PDA

View Full Version : Online multiplayer confusion

Deckman
29-09-2017, 14:28
Most of the time when I join I end up in Monitor mode and am just riding around the track. never had this issue in projects cars. What the heck are all those Icons on the far right? very confusing compared to the first game version.

kofotsjanne
29-09-2017, 14:53
lobby, practice, qualifying, race is what the different icons mean. The one highlighted in yellow is the current session. If you join in the middle of a race you wont be able to race and just spectate until next session. Thats how I have understood it but im open to being corrected if im wrong.

Deckman
29-09-2017, 15:25
lobby, practice, qualifying, race is what the different icons mean. The one highlighted in yellow is the current session. If you join in the middle of a race you wont be able to race and just spectate until next session. Thats how I have understood it but im open to being corrected if im wrong.

Thanks, Those icons are so small it was tough to read but that makes sense. hard to get my rating up if I can't figure out which race to join. Wish they had a digital manual that covered some of this stuff.

satco1066
29-09-2017, 23:56
What about that. The thread with the link is sticky since release day.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?51691-PROJECT-CARS-2-DIGITAL-MANUAL

More than putting it here, they couldn't do. You'll have to read it yourself :p

mexz
30-09-2017, 10:01
I have to agree, some things are confusing. I entered several practice or qualifying sessions but ended in spectator mode, and i have no idea why. The Game doesn't tell me anything...

kofotsjanne
30-09-2017, 10:46
What about that. The thread with the link is sticky since release day.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?51691-PROJECT-CARS-2-DIGITAL-MANUAL

More than putting it here, they couldn't do. You'll have to read it yourself :p
To be fair it doesnt say what the highlighted icons to the right mean :P

I dont know who wrote that guide but could you ask him/her to do a little guide about the online rating?

Civic
30-09-2017, 14:56
I just read that manual and it doesn't tell me anything I need to know and also tells me things which I don't seem to be able to do on the PS4.

I still have no idea what I'm doing wrong and why I can't get to a race from Qualifying.

I'd also like to know if I ever make it to the actual race, do I need my setup loaded before qualifying finishes? Or will I have a chance to alter my setup before the race begins?

SaxonRaider
30-09-2017, 16:47
something ive noticed lately is there are a few lobbies on Q 0 minutes, but when you try to go in, they were just waiting to go into the Race (I think in some countdown phase), so you always end up a spectator.

Umer Ahmad
30-09-2017, 18:05
I dont know who wrote that guide but could you ask him/her to do a little guide about the online rating?
Ask and ye shall receive
http://www.projectcarsesports.com/license.html

kofotsjanne
30-09-2017, 20:43
Ask and ye shall receive
http://www.projectcarsesports.com/license.html
Thanks for that! A couple of questions:
1. is the racecraft-rating independent on how often you are in actual battles or in range of other cars, can a guy that really going for the A or S get that by keeping in the back and out of most risk to catch hitpoints?
2. I see matchmaking is mentioned in that guide. Is this something you will implement?
and while a dev is here ill give this question a shot aswell:
3. will you implement more filters to filter specific tracks, u, f, c-ratings and so on, specific sessions in progress, ie practice qualifying and race?

Raeang
01-10-2017, 00:27
Once you enter an online race how can you see the details such as weather, amount of laps, whether or not a pit is required? I just entered a race, the practice and qualy where in the sunshine then the race was is in the snow. I am just unsure where you can find all the details of the race you have entered...thx MM

kofotsjanne
01-10-2017, 06:51
Once you enter an online race how can you see the details such as weather, amount of laps, whether or not a pit is required? I just entered a race, the practice and qualy where in the sunshine then the race was is in the snow. I am just unsure where you can find all the details of the race you have entered...thx MM
I dont think you can. It feels like Ive been looking everywhere and cant even find how many laps the race is after i have joined the session. A guy on another forum also told me that SMS hadnt implemented it. They probably didnt think that one trough.

Civic
01-10-2017, 09:51
Yeah I really hope they improve some of these design choices. Their net code seems very good and apart from the lag the racing is good. The licencing must be pretty easy, some guy on a C license in a race I was in just crashed people out of the way including me to steal the win.