PDA

View Full Version : Pit crew not changing tires

Feentje
29-09-2017, 15:03
I am having trouble getting pitstops to work. I setup a 10 laps custom race against 19 AI with changing weather from light clouds to rain synced to race, with a mandatory pitstop. I start the race on slick tires (I noticed AI started the race on wet tyres in the dry :confused: ) and the default pit strategy indicates that tires will be changed to wet tires. After a few laps it starts raining and I request a pitstop. I drive into the pits, pit crew is ready with fresh tires, the pit crew with the wheel guns kneel down, do nothing, get up again and the car drives away, without changing to wet tires! Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong here? I used the same scenario on PC1 all the time and there my tires were always changed to wet tires automatically (without pit crew animation of course).

Mahjik
29-09-2017, 16:12
Are you sure which pit strategy you have enabled for the pit stop?

Feentje
29-09-2017, 16:41
Yes, in the displayed graphs I could see there was time allocated for tire changes (however the graph was very short compared to the repair graph, but I think the repair graph is displaying the max repair time) and I also checked and tire changes were set to all and tire types were wet tires.

I the car setup for the start of the race, the game had selected wet tires, but I changed these to slicks. However the AI decided to start on wet tires, but the first few laps of the race were fully dry. I also think that is strange, since wet tires on the dry should wear very fast and should be slower than slicks. But, that was not the case.

So I more or less have 2 problems. Tires were not changed and AI was racing wet tyres on a dry track without performance loss. I think slick tires would have much more traction then wets on fully dry tracks?

JDFSSS
29-09-2017, 17:56
I've noticed when I set my strategy in the garage, once I enter the race my strategy will still be on the default strategy in the ICM. Once I go into the ICM and change it to my strategy I created in the garage it works fine for me.

Feentje
29-09-2017, 18:57
I tried again and made sure I selected the changed strategy instead of the default (I double checked!), with again the same results. I will try changing it in the ICM, but I find that quite difficult to do when you are driving. The POV buttons are on the shifter module on a G27, so I have to take one hand of the wheel while driving and also focus on the ICM instead of driving. In PC1 you could pause the game when driving in the pits, so you could take your time making the correct settings.

So.. it is nice to have pit crew animations now, but I don't like how it is working. But I think it is a bug that selected pit strategies before a race is started are not used?

EmuRock
04-03-2018, 01:49
Im having these problems too
even after the 1.4 update
its completely bonkers
i have 2 pit strategies for tires
one for wet and one to automatically change after whatever the weather is
none of them works during racing

when i drive into the pit
the pit crew change tires
but apparently refuse to change to the tires i wanted

so i have a pit crew that pretend to change tires
but the horrible driving in rain with no control remains

any solution ?
Thanks

Ashaz
04-03-2018, 10:46
Same here. i don't think I've ever seen them change my tires. Even when my tires were all worn out in a long race.

AbeWoz
04-03-2018, 13:21
make sure when you set your pit strategy, you change the 'change tires' line to 'yes' not 'recommended'
and select what compound you want to change to.

Richie Padalino
04-03-2018, 13:26
I've had this in the past, and then a new one yesterday was my pit crew decided to not fuel the car, which was nice of them. After I'd spent time working out how much I'd need during my one stop.

The game definitely seems to do some weird things during pit stops, period.

And then all anyone ever does is come on here, and say that you've not selected the right option, etc etc. I've been through all that, and got to a point where I'm definitely selecting it all correctly, as most of the time it usually works fine. But there are definitely times when parts of the strategy are completely ignored.

julia-6
04-03-2018, 19:40
"Recommended" sucks. You have to tell them. It cost me a race. I fired my pit engineer. "You're fired!"