PDA

View Full Version : Constructive criticism

JimmyBeez
29-09-2017, 18:01
Since I have just had my post deleted for it not being constructive enough in my criticism, here goes...

I was just in a lobby that crashed/host left when we were racing and I got the message host migration failed, I was then put back into the main menu and had 50 points taken from my license. Could someone/anyone involved in the game please advise me how this is acceptable? Is it something they are aware of or are looking to fix?

New to Project CARS 2, and a game-changer with respect to the quality of the races you will now experience online, is the introduction of the Competitive Racing License, created to ensure online racing offers you the type of racing you desire and deserve.

When announcements like this are made before the game, I am under the impression that's what I will receive when i play the game. I don't feel that this statement comes remotely close to my experience so far.

Yours sincerely

A disgruntled customer

Aldo Zampatti
29-09-2017, 18:14
Thanks for reporting. This is indeed much better :)

SMS is investigating multiple issues with the licensing system and rolling out changes to enhance the experience, and Indeed this issue was brought to their attention before so I'm sure is being worked at.

Thanks again.

Patrickb1973
29-09-2017, 18:18
Aldo would you recommend not playing online races for now, i been holding off for now because i dont want my license to go bad because of these things, or are there races that are safe to do online ?

Diluvian
29-09-2017, 18:38
I've driven around 20 races online and never lost the connection to the server nor I've been kicked. I don't know why you should not play online :) - There are some non-ranked servers online, too where you don't have to fear any drop in skill-points or safety rating (at least on PC there are non-ranked servers :D)

JimmyBeez
29-09-2017, 18:44
Thanks for reporting. This is indeed much better :)

SMS is investigating multiple issues with the licensing system and rolling out changes to enhance the experience, and Indeed this issue was brought to their attention before so I'm sure is being worked at.

Thanks again.

Thanks, really appreciate when you respond, nice to know you guys are working on this. My first post was written straight after so wasn't best pleased, I'm sure you can appreciate how infuriating it can be sometimes. Will stick to private lobbies for now I think.

Cheers

Aldo Zampatti
29-09-2017, 18:44
Aldo would you recommend not playing online races for now, i been holding off for now because i dont want my license to go bad because of these things, or are there races that are safe to do online ?

I'm racing online anyways, If I loose a point because of an external issue, that's life, I'll get them back in the future.

JimmyBeez
29-09-2017, 18:53
I don't usually play in random lobbies, so I can't say if this is happening a lot or advise whether to race in them or not. I've since spoken to the guy who hosted and he said he lost his connection and didn't back out, he said he lost 40 points. I know it sounds a wee bit pathetic moaning about losing points, but when something affects which lobby you can join and when it takes a few days at least to get the hard earned points back it can be annoying. But it sounds like it been acknowledged and worked on so can't ask much more than that.

JimmyBeez
29-09-2017, 18:57
I'm racing online anyways, If I loose a point because of an external issue, that's life, I'll get them back in the future.

It was 50, which if you're racing online will know you can't get back without investing a fair amount of time.

tmitch45
29-09-2017, 19:01
Is there an explanation somewhere of how the licence works for online as I've been in around 10 races online and been hit from behind and pushed into the car in front at the first corner. On all occasions it came up that I had a warning from the race director. Will this type of thing affect my licence? I have also lost connection in races with the message host migration failed I'm assuming I will have lost points for this also?

JimmyBeez
29-09-2017, 19:14
The only info I've found so far is this - https://www.projectcarsgame.com/competitive-racing-license.html?lang=en

I've had the same as you where I've been given the message of a warning from race director for contact when someone else has hit me, but it's never affected my license. The letter is meant to be the safety aspect and mine has never gone down depite these warnings. I have however lost around 80 points now (you start on 1500) been as high as 1567 until today when the lobby crashed, now at 1517 so it appears you lose 40-50 points if you leave or are kicked due connection issues with the host.

JimmyBeez
29-09-2017, 19:26
On another note I've had the entering pit message (speed limit etc) when coming around the last corner at Donnington.

There is also the issue of lag (probably not the technical term!) when people leave/join the lobby, for me and the guys I race with this is by far the biggest issue that needs to be fixed. It is worse than the last game and on a couple of occasions has frozen the screen completely for over a second, you can live with this in qualifying - just about, but when it's happening mid race and causing crashes it needs to be addressed. I would rather the option to join a race currently ongoing was removed if it meant no lag mid-race. Hopefully a fix to this can be implemented in the patch too.