PDA

View Full Version : DSC should not lose licence points

Stewy32
29-09-2017, 18:04
I DSCed in a race whilst in 4th and lost 48 licence points.Can this be rectified in a patch so it won't happen again? Thanks.

Minolin
29-09-2017, 18:14
No way. If you have a way out (and be it plugging your network cable), and you hit your final rating it will be an incentive to leave the race when it doesn't work out. Joykiller for the guys remaining, also joykiller for the people who stay but know they might lose less rating when disconnecting.

The other way round: Once we are at our "final" rating it will be tough to improve it further on. You a) won't be very satisfied if you win a race, but half of the field "disconnects" in the last lap and basically steal your rating gain. b) you won't have a good feeling to finish a race that had a bad start, or you spun. Do you want to exploit the system and unplug the ethernet cable? => bad feeling.

Balles
29-09-2017, 19:49
We need players to be reliabled, that's why a disconnection is penalized. And there is no way to know if the disconnection is on purpose or not.

takaii
29-09-2017, 21:06
We need players to be reliabled, that's why a disconnection is penalized. And there is no way to know if the disconnection is on purpose or not.

but 50 points is too much. I agree penelty is ok to have. but a driver who was disconnected should have a chance to connect back and be in as "retired". and loose the score like they would come last.
Those whom leave game dont come back like that. So when starting up game again a question would be asked "Join game again" or something. I actually think of cs go a bit in this case how it works. Except cs go
lets you keep playing.

Wezley
29-09-2017, 22:56
I just created an account to post this same issue. I went from last to first place and was leading the race when all of a sudden it disconnected me. My party chat was still online and Xbox was still fully connected but the game had booted me out. Then I realized I lost 43 points off my liscence and that seems ridiculous!

I understand that there must be a penalty otherwise players will just leave as they wish but this game disconnects me for literally no reason other than it deciding I wasn't connected when clearly I was. They need to have an option to rejoin the race and continue. Maybe let the AI takeover your car for the remained of the lap and then pit your car until you reconnect then you can either continue or retire and lose a normal amount of points. It takes me so many races to get my license up and now I lose almost 50 points because the game disconnected me not even a manual quit or something.

chops13
30-09-2017, 04:22
This penalty is the same for everyone. Everyone has suffered random disconnects. It all evens out over time. Quit quitting.

Civic
30-09-2017, 15:02
Why is there no way to reconnect to the same race?

Can you just imagine you are doing an endurance race and you are 3/4 through and have a connection issue? You should be able to rejoin the race from the pits. You would have lost time, you may have lost positions but it's better than not finishing at all. And you just think of it like having a mechanical issue that took some time to fix.

This implementation of online racing is pretty bad.

clanky
30-09-2017, 16:39
Why is there no way to reconnect to the same race?

Can you just imagine you are doing an endurance race and you are 3/4 through and have a connection issue? You should be able to rejoin the race from the pits. You would have lost time, you may have lost positions but it's better than not finishing at all. And you just think of it like having a mechanical issue that took some time to fix.

This implementation of online racing is pretty bad.

Yeah this will keep people from doing long endurance races for sure. I hope they decide to add a way to let us reconnect.