PDA

View Full Version : Replays very demanding

Kitt
29-09-2017, 18:45
When I'm watching replays my GPU fan ramps up too 85% to keep the temps around 77 degrees [custom fan curve] and GPU power is at 125% according to hwmonitor, got power limit set at 120% in precision xoc.Is this normal? its such a big jump from actually racing,can hardly hear the fans and temps max out at 65 degrees...just never played a racing game that is so demanding when just watching replays.

Roger Prynne
29-09-2017, 19:30
pCARS 2 stresses out computers more than most games will and is very demanding.

Can you post your system specs please, or better still put them in your sig, then maybe we can help you out.

Kitt
29-09-2017, 21:07

Can you post your system specs please, or better still put them in your sig, then maybe we can help you out.

Wont let me add a sig but specs are i7 4790k with coolermaster tx3i cooler, evga gtx 1080 sc2, xfx 650w psu and cit gamers case,cpu doesn't go any higher than 62 degrees even with the crap cooler its just that big ramp up in GPU power when watching replays just wondering why its such a big jump from racing on the track to watching a reply

Gethema
30-09-2017, 07:27

I wonder if it would be an option to introduce a 30 fps cap for replays on PC too, like already in place on consoles?

While having a quite decent system (see sig) myself, I tend to experience slowdowns and frame drops predominantly while watching replays, with certain camera angles and long range shots being more demanding than e.g. close-ups or flybys, and obvioulsy influenced by weather and time of day too.

Don't get me wrong, I love to watch replays at a steady 60 fps, but I think that an (optional) fps cap might help providing a more consistent experience for users with systems that are perfectly fine to maintain 60fps during gameplay but struggle with the framerate in replays.

I don't know how difficult it would be to implement this, so please just take this a mere suggestion from a guy who loves watching replays, and replays in PC2 are definitely among the best. :)

PS: I noticed that e.g. Long Beach has alternating replay cameras, meaning that you get to watch different camera angles in certain positions (e.g. at the roundabout) in different laps. I'd love to see this featured at other tracks too (haven't tested them all, tbh), as it imho adds a certain randomness to the replays and thus aids immersion :)

Flamin Pixel
30-09-2017, 07:32
I think it's a common "problem", I have 2x GTX 1080 with water-cooling and during replay the cards work at 99% (power limit) and reach 55-60 degrees.

Kitt
30-09-2017, 07:53
I'll try reducing the power limit a bit in Precision X next time I play,might also be time to upgrade to a bigger better case...any excuse for an upgrade lol