PDA

View Full Version : Tips for handling GT3 cars? (oversteering)

VRTOM
29-09-2017, 19:19
Hey guys,

I love the game (and sometimes it frustrates me a bit lol) but i find some difficulty with the GT3 cars. When i approach the apex i reduce my speed more than enough before i turn in the corner. However, my back spins out even at low speeds and low throttle. Why are these cars so sensitive to oversteer? Its really hard to push these to their limits imo. The BMW Z4 GT3 is notorious in this regard for example..
Maybe i turn into the corner too sharp...

I'm constantly battling oversteer and i feel i cannot push the car comfortably through a corner. I want the car to bite the track so that i can push. Maybe because of the slow speed there is not enough downforce?

Ideally i want to set my line, set the car in certain angle and control the throttle so that the only downside of too much throttle is understeer not oversteer. Do you guys have any tips? I;m on a gamepad btw.

Maybe...just maybe...its a bug?

Balles
29-09-2017, 19:37
Maybe you have the loose setup which tends to oversteer more than the stable setup. Select the stable one if it's the case. If not you can use the engineer if you don't know how to understeer.
Basically I'd raise the front roll bar and lower the rear roll bar first.

PhydomiR
29-09-2017, 19:43
If this is in medium to high speed corners you should add some rear wing. You could also lower the rear ride height a bit. A combination of the two is also possible.

It could also be that you are braking to deep into the corner. It's a valid technique (trailbraking) but too much and the car will spin around. Try to brake a bit earlier and let the car roll to the apex and then get on the gas.

Deathbox_2112
29-09-2017, 20:06
Try the Stable setup, first. It's much more balanced than the Loose. You can tweak it to go faster after you've done a few laps.

sbtm
29-09-2017, 20:11
maybe a good opportunity to test the ingame egineer... try to use his advices and then look how things turn out.

Jonyvf
29-09-2017, 20:15
I think there is a bug with rear tyres that cause oversteering in some cars that affect some gt3 and other cars

VRTOM
29-09-2017, 20:21
Thanks for all the tips guys!!! I just took the Vantage GT3 for a spin on the Brno track. Apparantly, hugging the inside corners does wonders for the overall grip. Now i can push it towards the outer corner without oversteering. I never thought utilising the apex better i would make such a difference on grip and oversteering (now i really sound like a noob).
I will try the BMW Z4 again and will use your setup tips if needed!

(btw, i have the game for a week now and i'm still only hot lapping and testing out cars lol, so addictive)

VRTOM
29-09-2017, 20:24
I think there is a bug with rear tyres that cause oversteering in some cars that affect some gt3 and other cars

Oh snap, really? I'm gonna check the Z4 now. See if the apex hugging works out for that car too..

3800racingfool
29-09-2017, 20:26
Hey guys,

I love the game (and sometimes it frustrates me a bit lol) but i find some difficulty with the GT3 cars. When i approach the apex i reduce my speed more than enough before i turn in the corner. However, my back spins out even at low speeds and low throttle. Why are these cars so sensitive to oversteer? Its really hard to push these to their limits imo. The BMW Z4 GT3 is notorious in this regard for example..

I'm constantly battling oversteer and i feel i cannot push the car comfortably through a corner. I want the car to bite the track so that i can push. Maybe because of the slow speed there is not enough downforce?

Ideally i want to set my line, set the car in certain angle and control the throttle so that the only downside of too much throttle is understeer not oversteer. Do you guys have any tips? I;m on a gamepad btw.

PS4 + Gamepad = There's your issue. No seriously, the default setups are loose and oversteery by design and trying to handle it with a pad can be a royal pain. I'm not sure if it's available to you yet (if not it will be with the next patch) but, if you go into the tuning setup menu and select "load setup" there should be a "Stable" setup listed in there for each car. Select that and you should find the cars much more controllable. If you don't have stable set ups available yet, your best bet in the meantime is to consult the race engineer about the issue (use the downforce/suspension options) and apply it's recommendations which usually involve adjusting the anti-roll bars to help dial out some of the oversteer.

Trippul G
29-09-2017, 20:27
Try the Stable setup, first. It's much more balanced than the Loose. You can tweak it to go faster after you've done a few laps.

If i'm not mistaken, OP is on console which again, if i'm not mistaken, did not ship with "loose" or "stable" setups like the PC version did. I certainly don't see any on Xbox. Apparently consoles will be getting them in a later patch. The default setup per car that we do have in the meantime, and whether they correlate 1:1 with either "loose", "stable", or something else entirely, is a question I haven't been able to find the answer to.

VRTOM
29-09-2017, 20:40
If i'm not mistaken, OP is on console which again, if i'm not mistaken, did not ship with "loose" or "stable" setups like the PC version did. I certainly don't see any on Xbox. Apparently consoles will be getting them in a later patch. The default setup per car that we do have in the meantime, and whether they correlate 1:1 with either "loose", "stable", or something else entirely, is a question I haven't been able to find the answer to.

No setup indeed on consoles as of now...

Well, the Z4 remains a bitch to drive but i'm getting better. Its just one wrong twitch with the thumb and you're spinning. Ah well, i will mess with the tuning a bit. Btw, you guys tried the Nissan Fairlady already? What is that? A driftcar??? lmao

Deathbox_2112
29-09-2017, 21:53

Correct. My bad! Guess I looked to fast and thought he was on PC.

Trippul G
29-09-2017, 22:20
You might also have a look at your diff settings. I was having a wretched time with the Honda 2&4 concept. The steering felt twitchy, I couldn't get any heat in my tires, and I was having horrible on-throttle oversteer. I lowered the tire pressures, increased the steering ratio, and (key part with the diff) increased the power bias. It still likes to slide (I'm sure there's still more I could do with the suspension), but it's much more controllable and predictable now and actually fun rather than frustrating.

Key point: check your diff, try adding power bias if you're spinning out under acceleration. Or try adding coast bias if you're getting off-throttle oversteer.

kevin kirk
29-09-2017, 22:42
Hey guys,

all about that those diff settings my friend. When you figure them out let me know also.

Bealdor
29-09-2017, 22:45
all about that those diff settings my friend. When you figure them out let me know also.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?52783-Magic-inside!-Need-Help-With-Differentials

drathuu
30-09-2017, 00:48
You could also increase rear toe a little if your getting power oversteer, if its off throttle oversteer, the front of the car is diving too much (momentum shift), so increase front compression dampening could help (Or stiffer front springs) - conversely dampening rear rebound will slow the expelling of rear spring energy stopping the car pushing itself off the ground.

Mahjik
30-09-2017, 00:50
I second the Race Engineer. That's exactly what it's there for... Also, you may have to alter your driving style depending on what racing titles you are used to playing.

DeathMetalRacer
30-09-2017, 04:41
If I'm over steering on throttle coming out of a corner I always decrease power bias to limit wheel spin and gain more grip. Over steering off throttle into the corner increase coast bias. Twitchy behavior can be solved by increasing preload.

phos4us
30-09-2017, 07:53
Is the oversteer you are talking about occuring as you lift off brakes before transitioning to throttle? If so, it's not a bug or setup related issue. It is called trail brake oversteer. It occurs because reducing braking force frees up significantly more traction capability for steering as the weight is already shifted to the front wheels. The solution is to have a touch of throttle in as you lift off the brakes to keep the weight back. At 15:30 in the dude with the majestic mustache will demonstrate several issues including this one on a skid pad in the video below.

If you are having issues with oversteer when applying throttle, then it is probably due to your differential settings. You should see Jussi's response in the sticky post in general discussion.

https://youtu.be/xQRmYMlmdqM

VRTOM
30-09-2017, 18:18
Is the oversteer you are talking about occuring as you lift off brakes before transitioning to throttle? If so, it's not a bug or setup related issue. It is called trail brake oversteer. It occurs because reducing braking force frees up significantly more traction capability for steering as the weight is already shifted to the front wheels. The solution is to have a touch of throttle in as you lift off the brakes to keep the weight back. At 15:30 in the dude with the majestic mustache will demonstrate several issues including this one on a skid pad in the video below.

If you are having issues with oversteer when applying throttle, then it is probably due to your differential settings. You should see Jussi's response in the sticky post in general discussion.

https://youtu.be/xQRmYMlmdqM

Thank you!! Yeah, exactly the problem usually occurs when the weight has been transferred to the front because of braking. I will try this!

VRTOM
30-09-2017, 18:21
I second the Race Engineer. That's exactly what it's there for... Also, you may have to alter your driving style depending on what racing titles you are used to playing.

Well, i'm used to playing pc1 lol. I remember the Z4 being much more controllable but maybe that is a faulty memory. I will check the race engineer but at a glance i could not find the solution to my problem there..

Sloskimo
30-09-2017, 18:46
Thanks for all the tips guys!!! I just took the Vantage GT3 for a spin on the Brno track. Apparantly, hugging the inside corners does wonders for the overall grip. Now i can push it towards the outer corner without oversteering. I never thought utilising the apex better i would make such a difference on grip and oversteering (now i really sound like a noob).
I will try the BMW Z4 again and will use your setup tips if needed!

(btw, i have the game for a week now and i'm still only hot lapping and testing out cars lol, so addictive)

When hitting the apex sort of ok, you effectively reduce the steering angle needed to get through the corner on the desired line. Having the wheel at less lock greatly enhances your ability to apply the throttle without the back end stepping out violently, as lots of steering input+lots of throttle = disaster quite often.

It sounds nice when written down, now I only have to learn how to do this myself.

Trippul G
30-09-2017, 19:03
When hitting the apex sort of ok, you effectively reduce the steering angle needed to get through the corner on the desired line. Having the wheel at less lock greatly enhances your ability to apply the throttle without the back end stepping out violently, as lots of steering input+lots of throttle = disaster quite often.

It sounds nice when written down, now I only have to learn how to do this myself.

I had to keep this very much in mind last night attempting the new community event of the FR3.5 at Zhuhai. Aside from some fairly large adjustments I wound up making to my diff, steering lock, and ride height, I found more than anything, I needed to adjust my driving style and be more mindful of taking proper lines, being smooth with my inputs, etc.

Sloskimo
30-09-2017, 19:31
I had to keep this very much in mind last night attempting the new community event of the FR3.5 at Zhuhai. Aside from some fairly large adjustments I wound up making to my diff, steering lock, and ride height, I found more than anything, I needed to adjust my driving style and be more mindful of taking proper lines, being smooth with my inputs, etc.

Yes I agree, Pcars 2 does a better job of it than the first one I think. It pays off more now to be smoother, depending on the car, some are better than others. In Pcars 1 sometimes it was a mad dash; brake late, rotate like mad, step on the gas, do voodoo magic with the wheel, so somehow the car does not spin out, accelerate out.

It's a lot better this time around, which is just as well, with the likes of the Porsche 935 being in the game and some other overpowered oldies. They don't like being thrown around like crazy.

sillib
30-09-2017, 20:01
All things said are correct, but before tuning be sure to have the optimal tyre temperatures. I was driving the z4 at brno and the default setup suggested hard slicks. The ambient temperature was 18 and 24 on the tarmac..... quite close to having to wear the hsrd slicks but when i changed to the soft ones the optimal pressure was better achivied and i could push the car in a frantic pace in the loose setup!!!! Also make sure your brakes have the optimal temp... if you achieve that then tune as was said in the replies.... sory for my english if i some parts it isnt grammarly correct but i think you get the point.....

VRTOM
30-09-2017, 20:51
Guys, thanks for all the tips. I set the geared LSD to on, with the ferrari gt3 and it did wonders :) I could easily catch spins, and it did not spin that much so i could push with more easy and comfort.

I took the Z4 again with the LSD on and it was a bit better. The car still has problems with corners that have slight bump or downward elevation to them. I also tried with the spool on; this made it even more manageable...

Danelite86
30-09-2017, 21:06
I really thank the grip level is bug for the GT3 cars. like how do you get side ways with out tier spin?

VRTOM
30-09-2017, 21:40
All things said are correct, but before tuning be sure to have the optimal tyre temperatures. I was driving the z4 at brno and the default setup suggested hard slicks. The ambient temperature was 18 and 24 on the tarmac..... quite close to having to wear the hsrd slicks but when i changed to the soft ones the optimal pressure was better achivied and i could push the car in a frantic pace in the loose setup!!!! Also make sure your brakes have the optimal temp... if you achieve that then tune as was said in the replies.... sory for my english if i some parts it isnt grammarly correct but i think you get the point.....

Dude! This is it!!!! (i think) I was taking the Chevrolet GTE on Road America, and the first two corners are super prone to spinning. I tested the soft-slicks, and i could push so hard that spinning was not even an issue anymore. Almost felt like a bug lol. Then i switched back to hard slicks, and boom, i started spinning again even when the tires were on temp. I also tried with and without LSD, no difference if you have soft-slicks.

So the question is: is it normal that hard slicks spin easy; or is it abnormal that these soft slicks have so much grip? What a world of difference between those tires. Weight shifting because of braking is also no problem anymore with softslicks...almost feels like cheating. I've only tested this with the above car/course btw.. What do you guys think??

ps. of course it depends on track temp. and such but still..the difference is immense.

DeathMetalRacer
30-09-2017, 21:54
Guys, thanks for all the tips. I set the geared LSD to on, with the ferrari gt3 and it did wonders :) I could easily catch spins, and it did not spin that much so i could push with more easy and comfort.

I took the Z4 again with the LSD on and it was a bit better. The car still has problems with corners that have slight bump or downward elevation to them. I also tried with the spool on; this made it even more manageable...

Turning spool on actually automatically disables all other diff settings, that's what I read on the help text box. It reads, Ithe spool is set to true, it will disable all other differential options that are available on the car. Setting it to false allows use and tuning of other differential types.

VRTOM
30-09-2017, 22:02
Ok, so i took the chevy to Laguna Seca, summer, sunny, midday, with hard-slicks. It sticks to the asphalt like glue. So yeah, you should really check your tires and road tempratures. This isn't just 'soft slicks are better' type of deal. From now on i'm will be choosing my tires manually.. I can't trust the 'automatic by weather' setting.

This is a gamechanger for sure imo. Now it feels like i can rip the track a new one :D

Roger Prynne
30-09-2017, 22:11
I really thank the grip level is bug for the GT3 cars. like how do you get side ways with out tier spin?

No there's no bug here fella.
It's so much easier to catch a slide now, feels just like it should IRL.

sillib
30-09-2017, 22:30
Dude! This is it!!!! (i think) I was taking the Chevrolet GTE on Road America, and the first two corners are super prone to spinning. I tested the soft-slicks, and i could push so hard that spinning was not even an issue anymore. Almost felt like a bug lol. Then i switched back to hard slicks, and boom, i started spinning again even when the tires were on temp. I also tried with and without LSD, no difference if you have soft-slicks.

So the question is: is it normal that hard slicks spin easy; or is it abnormal that these soft slicks have so much grip? What a world of difference between those tires. Weight shifting because of braking is also no problem anymore with softslicks...almost feels like cheating. I've only tested this with the above car/course btw.. What do you guys think??

ps. of course it depends on track temp. and such but still..the difference is immense.

Nice......!!!! Your contact with the road are your tyres.... make sure they work acording in their optimal temps..... i dont trust the default by weather either especially when the ambient temp is close to both hard and soft.... thats all a simulation should do.... and i think it does it very realistick....!!!!

DeathMetalRacer
30-09-2017, 22:41
Hard slicks take longer to heat up and get sticky but if the track temps are high I would assume it cuts the amount of time to get optimal heat into the tires considerably.

Now that I mention it, what are your opinions on what track temperatures to use hard or soft?

sillib
30-09-2017, 23:59
Hard slicks take longer to heat up and get sticky but if the track temps are high I would assume it cuts the amount of time to get optimal heat into the tires considerably.

Now that I mention it, what are your opinions on what track temperatures to use hard or soft?

There is a panel with the compounds and the optimal temps by pireli posted by someone in another thread regarding tyres or temps i think in the forum..... i m sure you ll find it easy if you search as i cant recall where i saw it.... it might also be in the pirreli website i think the guy who posted it might have said..... i think it is a good guideline.....

Trippul G
01-10-2017, 00:35
There is a panel with the compounds and the optimal temps by pireli posted by someone in another thread regarding tyres or temps i think in the forum..... i m sure you ll find it easy if you search as i cant recall where i saw it.... it might also be in the pirreli website i think the guy who posted it might have said..... i think it is a good guideline.....

I downloaded that pic myself as soon as I saw it. I knows me some gold when I sees it. :cool:

sillib
01-10-2017, 00:52
I downloaded that pic myself as soon as I saw it. I knows me some gold when I sees it. :cool:

Thats the one....!!!!!!

VRTOM
01-10-2017, 09:15
Thank you so much Trippul G!!

Hopefully SMS will implement more tires than just hard vs. soft. As you can see in the matrix, there are at least 4 tire types. In career mode i now have a problem with the Ginetta GT5 on Oulton Park. The weather is too cold for soft-slicks, the tires just take forever to warm up. I need super soft :(

Anyway, spread the word because this changes everything with regard to oversteering and spinning.
I kinda baffles me SMS did not put more emphasis on the importance of this for newcomers and also that their 'automatic by weather' function does not work properly. I think this is one of the reasons people say PC2 is uncontrollable with a gamepad..

Trippul G
01-10-2017, 11:47
^No worries mate, happy to help. But don't thank me, I'm just a parrot. Thank whoever put it up in the first place...who, for the life of me, I can't seem to remember who it was. Jussi maybe? Doug something?

In any case, I seem to recall the person saying that this is not to be taken as the gospel, but merely as a loose guideline. As with all things, your mileage may vary. (That's right, pun intended!) :glee::barbershop_quartet_

hkraft300
01-10-2017, 11:54
You can, in case you ant warm the soft tires, drop the pressure and push it to get some heat on.
Have a play with toe and camber too - stress the tire a bit more to generate heat.

major sunscreen
01-10-2017, 15:05
Sadly not mine- lifted from racedepartment.com
Driving
lift off the brake more carefully at the end of the braking zone
apply less steering at corner entry
brake earlier and accelerate earlier
no tail-braking, brake in a straight line
apply a bit of throttle while going off the brakes to stabilise the rear
Setup
raise rear wing
reduce front camber
increase front springs / lower rear's
increase front dampers / lower rear's
try the 'first-' dampers first, they have a smaller effect on handling than the 'bound' and 'rebound' dampers
apply more positive toe at the rear - be careful, the car will understeer more
reduce value of the acceleration differential ('diff power')
increase braking differential ('diff coast')
put more brake bias to the front
increase ARB in the front / reduce at the rear

hkraft300
01-10-2017, 23:49
... When i approach the apex i reduce my speed more than enough before i turn in the corner. However, my back spins out even at low speeds and low throttle...

Is the back letting go at the entry/mid/exit?
If you are braking really late, you could be trail braking and already lost traction at the entry, but don't notice the car sliding until you're at the apex.

Or if you brake late, the rear tires are stressed through entry and mid-corner, loaded on the side, and when you apply throttle it's too much for the rear and round she goes.

Brake a little earlier. Maybe increase bias 1-2% forward if you're not already locking the front tires easily (this takes braking stress away from the back tires). You could also switch on the geared LSD.

VRTOM
02-10-2017, 11:04
Is the back letting go at the entry/mid/exit?
If you are braking really late, you could be trail braking and already lost traction at the entry, but don't notice the car sliding until you're at the apex.

Or if you brake late, the rear tires are stressed through entry and mid-corner, loaded on the side, and when you apply throttle it's too much for the rear and round she goes.

Brake a little earlier. Maybe increase bias 1-2% forward if you're not already locking the front tires easily (this takes braking stress away from the back tires). You could also switch on the geared LSD.

Thank you! This is actually the technique i use with other cars, especially the high-powered old-school vehicles. And i needed to use it on GT3 cars too, which i found a bit odd since they should be able to push with more ease.

But this is clearly a tire-issue in this case; when i change to tires myself to the right conditions then i can do whatever i want without the car spinning mid-corner. I can brake super late, i can (softly) brake mid-corner, i can go full throttle once my line has been set. The only worry now is understeer :)
So its waaaay easier now, i almost wanna say its too easy now lol. The Z4 is also no longer hard to drive...

Daynja
02-10-2017, 11:24
Why do people call out "it must be a bug" "is it a bug" without providing detailed evidence/feedback or better yet a video showing a possible problem.

If people did this everyone could conclude that its is indeed an issue if the video showed that the user was doing all they could with game settings and car set up.

VRTOM
02-10-2017, 11:37
Why do people call out "it must be a bug" "is it a bug" without providing detailed evidence/feedback or better yet a video showing a possible problem.

If people did this everyone could conclude that its is indeed an issue if the video showed that the user was doing all they could with game settings and car set up.

I don't think its a bug in the end; but i do think the 'automatic by weather' tire settings does not work properly/accurately enough.. You can try it for yourself, there is huge difference between driving Road America in a GT3 with 'Automatic by weather' and soft-slicks

Roger Prynne
02-10-2017, 11:40

Because they think we are all mind readers :rolleyes:

Diluvian
02-10-2017, 12:10
VRTOM, I didn't read every post of the last 2 pages but if you're still having problems turning in after or at the end of braking you should try out disabling ABS. I'm not driving GT3 anymore with ABS cause the car often tends to spin as soon as starting cornering. You don't have those problems without ABS. It's harder to get the right braking at the beginning and I don't know how well it works on gamepad but for me the problem was solved by deactivating ABS. You could alternatively try out increasing the ABS value to ~around 80 to 85%.

MisterBronze
02-10-2017, 12:37
VRTOM, I didn't read every post of the last 2 pages but if you're still having problems turning in after or at the end of braking you should try out disabling ABS. I'm not driving GT3 anymore with ABS cause the car often tends to spin as soon as starting cornering. You don't have those problems without ABS. It's harder to get the right braking at the beginning and I don't know how well it works on gamepad but for me the problem was solved by deactivating ABS. You could alternatively try out increasing the ABS value to ~around 80 to 85%.

I'm struggling with the AMG GT3 at Spa with Hard Slicks and Full Tank fuel. Really have to wrestle the car around (G920). Have been tweaking setup (from the Loose base) and might be getting there very slowly but sometimes I lose it at a corner without getting the feeling of why. I'm used to playing rF2 and AC so that probably doesn't help.

Will try the ABS tip as that certainly sounds like something I have been experiencing. Looks like a lot of reading up on Setup options lies ahead :)

Shogun613
02-10-2017, 12:43
It should also be noted that the engine braking in the default setups is really strong. It's at 1 or 2 in most cars. I was spinning on corner entry while braking also in some corners, and when I loosened it up a little by setting it to 4 or 5, that did the trick.

VRTOM
02-10-2017, 13:01
I'm struggling with the AMG GT3 at Spa with Hard Slicks and Full Tank fuel. Really have to wrestle the car around (G920). Have been tweaking setup (from the Loose base) and might be getting there very slowly but sometimes I lose it at a corner without getting the feeling of why. I'm used to playing rF2 and AC so that probably doesn't help.

Will try the ABS tip as that certainly sounds like something I have been experiencing. Looks like a lot of reading up on Setup options lies ahead :)

Hey, i tried the same car/track. Fuel load full, default setup and hard slicks. Season was summer, midday, track temp --> 43 degrees. I had no problem with oversteering and could throw the car around as much as i want, only when i gave too much throttle at the hairpin s-turn at the end i spun out.

Which season and at what time of day did you race?

MisterBronze
02-10-2017, 13:14
Hey, i tried the same car/track. Fuel load full, default setup and hard slicks. Season was summer, midday, track temp --> 43 degrees. I had no problem with oversteering and could throw the car around as much as i want, only when i gave too much throttle at the hairpin s-turn at the end i spun out.

Which season and at what time of day did you race?

Spring 3pm start. Doing (IIRC) 24hrs in 45mins with x30 time progression. Heavy Cloud, Light Cloud, Overcast, Light Rain. I probably need to pay a bit more attention to track temps etc both with season/time and weather. Usually I can get a car around a track even if its not quick and I can knock out the odd good lap but if I lost it once I seem to lose it all the time after :p

I tried a couple of laps yesterday at I think 1pm summer with Soft Slicks and Low Fuel and didn't have too much issue with minimal setup tweaking and got a 2.25 after a couple of laps. I went and did the same on AC with a pretty much bang on the same lap time which I thought was interesting.

I'm likely over driving the car and when mixed with Hard Slicks, high fuel, setup and weather its just a bad combo.

VRTOM
02-10-2017, 13:21
Spring 3pm start. Doing (IIRC) 24hrs in 45mins with x30 time progression. Heavy Cloud, Light Cloud, Overcast, Light Rain. I probably need to pay a bit more attention to track temps etc both with season/time and weather. Usually I can get a car around a track even if its not quick and I can knock out the odd good lap but if I lost it once I seem to lose it all the time after :p

I tried a couple of laps yesterday at I think 1pm summer with Soft Slicks and Low Fuel and didn't have too much issue with minimal setup tweaking and got a 2.25 after a couple of laps. I went and did the same on AC with a pretty much bang on the same lap time which I thought was interesting.

I'm likely over driving the car and when mixed with Hard Slicks, high fuel, setup and weather its just a bad combo.

I've been tweaking for quite a while now and the tires are the most important i figured. You can try again spring and same weather forecasts in Spa, but now with soft slicks. Should be a world of difference in terms of grip and oversteering...

MisterBronze
02-10-2017, 13:25
I've been tweaking for quite a while now and the tires are the most important i figured. You can try again spring and same weather forecasts in Spa, but now with soft slicks. Should be a world of difference in terms of grip and oversteering...

Thanks, will give that a go.

hkraft300
02-10-2017, 13:47
I reckon Spa is better suited for soft tires.
The temperatures don't get high enough and/or the straights are long enough to cool the tires off.