PDA

View Full Version : Unable to continue career.

Jayerton
29-09-2017, 19:30
Hello all. i cant continue my career, i can only create a new driver. Thing is, i was halfway through a season. My career progress is still there, i.e hours driven, but continue career is greyed out. Anyone else with this game breaker?

Bc1560
07-10-2017, 03:53
Same problem it sucks. I should have got Forza

Rockefelluh
07-10-2017, 04:46
Hello all. i cant continue my career, i can only create a new driver. Thing is, i was halfway through a season. My career progress is still there, i.e hours driven, but continue career is greyed out. Anyone else with this game breaker?

This topic is on the first page. Please look at least at the first page of threads before creating new thread.

neefoo
07-10-2017, 05:54
Same problem it sucks. I should have got Forza

Absolutely, if you love arcade racing. I recommend Forza 6 instead, its still arcade style, but better in my opinion.

But PC2 is just a totally different game, so much more real and raw. Still called "arcade" by some, but I think there is a huge difference between the games.

I just wish that the bugs will be taken care of. =)

The_Senser
10-10-2017, 20:14
Personally, having bought and played PC2, Forza 7 and F1 2017, I am finding F1 2017 to be by far the most enjoyable at the moment. I have confidence that PC2 will become awesome but I am finding the FFB issues and bugs are spoiling it at the moment. I think I also preferred Forza 6 to Forza 7 at the moment.

Itsdoomsday48
10-10-2017, 20:38
Why I haven't touched the game since the first week of launch, not going to have a career disappear on me because of this game. I keep checking back on the forum for updates and so far nothing. Pretty large bug to go without a fix or even an update almost 3 weeks after the game's release. In the meantime been playing F1 2017 and Forza 7 with no issues at all

PervasiveFall8
10-10-2017, 21:38
I’m on my 3rd career now.
I know exactly what I like and just have a few more to try out. Would I prefer that what I’ve done on all three be on the same career, yep. I would have got my last two SP achievements if they were all on same one.

Krylon Blue
10-10-2017, 23:17
Why I haven't touched the game since the first week of launch, not going to have a career disappear on me because of this game. I keep checking back on the forum for updates and so far nothing. Pretty large bug to go without a fix or even an update almost 3 weeks after the game's release. In the meantime been playing F1 2017 and Forza 7 with no issues at all

I'm quite surprised there are so many issues. I accept that game development isn't easy and glitches can arise but literally everything that could go wrong has gone wrong. Steering wheel issues, controller issues, save issues, horrible framerate with the worst screen tearing I've ever seen while using cockpit or helmet cam, etc. I mean it's almost as if SMS and the 3rd Party testers didn't even start the game up. The control issues should have been noticed immediately considering they replicate by themselves every race (in the case of the controller when more than 10 AI exist).

Montecristo1966
11-10-2017, 00:51
Can’t find original thread. Is anyone from PC2 development going to address this? I have Forza 7 and just went back to play my PC2 career after a week of Forza 7 and my PC2 career is gone. A lot of hours gone and I can’t star over knowing I could go through all this and lose it again, especially endurance racing! I may look into what it takes to get a refund. And to think I’ve told people Project Cars 2 is better than Forza 7!! I spoke too soon if they can’t fix this or at least respond with a timeline!

Montecristo1966
11-10-2017, 01:09
Iím on my 3rd career now.
I know exactly what I like and just have a few more to try out. Would I prefer that what Iíve done on all three be on the same career, yep. I would have got my last two SP achievements if they were all on same one.

Any idea what triggers the loss? Was totally fine after finishing Indy and Endurance, went into Gt and then Forza 7 came out so I switched to that for a week. Came back to Project Cars 2 and no career. I have decide I like The career mode in PC2 more but frankly the game goes from my favorite to almost unusable for me at the moment if this isnít fixed or I canít stop losing my Career.

Montecristo1966
11-10-2017, 01:10

I have Forza 7 and like it. Loved PC2 until this. I was thinking of getting F1, your quote might have me sold on it.

Ongias25
11-10-2017, 01:16
This game is really good, what I'm doing is avoiding career and just doing quick race mode and having a blast knowing that everything will be fixed by this great development team just takes time so I wouldn't put any time or effort into a long-term career knowing that it could be wiped out, the game is still playable and enjoyable.

PervasiveFall8
11-10-2017, 01:57
Any idea what triggers the loss? Was totally fine after finishing Indy and Endurance, went into Gt and then Forza 7 came out so I switched to that for a week. Came back to Project Cars 2 and no career. I have decide I like The career mode in PC2 more but frankly the game goes from my favorite to almost unusable for me at the moment if this isnít fixed or I canít stop losing my Career.
I thought it was factory drives. But It isnt as I literally done 3 total and started 4 more.
It will freeze occasionally on exiting factory events. I wait for it to dashboard and so far career is always intact
Invitationals almost every other one would freeze on the exit but never lost career on restart of game from dash board
Honestly not sure. My 2nd career I did zero to hero got triple crown on second top tier championship and then I dropped down to tier 4 and did 2 more championships and in middle of Rx lites next day I fired it up it was gone.

The setup bug irritates me more then losing the career I would redo the career and up the AI once I finished achievements anyway so other then that doesnít phase me. GT3 were the cars are bugged and I really struggled with cars spinning out on endurance, and I know how to drive so it the bug with the game thatís what made me almost burst a blood vessel or two.

This game is awesome. The tracks, the cars, the handling, the weather. Just needs a few of these major bugs squished and some minor tweaking Issues and Iím set. Canít wait to see the DLC.

Rockefelluh
11-10-2017, 03:33
This game is really good, what I'm doing is avoiding career and just doing quick race mode and having a blast knowing that everything will be fixed by this great development team just takes time so I wouldn't put any time or effort into a long-term career knowing that it could be wiped out, the game is still playable and enjoyable.

Honestly, it's not that playable in my opinion. Can't do career, multiplayer status is incorrect (stutter bug with players joining), rallycross joker issue. Oh, and setup bug. Literally every facet of this game is affected by a bug that hampers progress or enjoyment.

I am putting the game on ice until fixes.

moeder_theresa
11-10-2017, 04:55

I am stilling waiting for the first game to be fixed, so I am not so optimistic as you.

Goooner1
11-10-2017, 06:53
Had this myself last night.

Last played Sunday night, I was on my third season, doing Rally Cross, I done the first two mini-season things, and the first qualifying round of the final event. Went back to it last night and career was gone, along with all my unlocked events :(

Itsdoomsday48
11-10-2017, 12:47
I have Forza 7 and like it. Loved PC2 until this. I was thinking of getting F1, your quote might have me sold on it.

And Forza 7 is much better on a wheel than Forza 6. Unlike PC2 I can use my wheel and not fear that its going to break from all the random jerking and shuttering

Montecristo1966
11-10-2017, 12:59
Yeah I broke down and started a new Career. Just doing quick races gets boring, need goals but it sounds like it dies after you complete the career so I'm good with progressing to the end and losing for now I guess. Won't bother getting my 24 hour Le mans achievement or do Endurance racing until this is fixed however. That was the one that really bothered me as it obviously takes a huge amount of time and I prefer formula and GT racing and only did it to get that achievement.

I was going to not play until they fixed it but even though I like Forza I actually like the career mode in PC2 better. Both are fun games. I got converted to PC2 from the free download of PC on Xbox. I even debated not getting F7 as I had Horizon 3 and finally decided to get both games. I really hope they fix this soon, want PC2 to be successful as more competition can only help make these games better.

marcoma
11-10-2017, 13:01
pretty sure I read the patch would go live at the same time for all plataforms.

Montecristo1966
11-10-2017, 13:04
Guess I'm glad I didn't get F6. Bought a new Xbox One Last year after running with PS4 as I was growing impatient waiting for GT and missed Forza. Was going to get F6 at Xmas and it was sold out so decided to try Horizon 3 and ended up loving it. Then PC was free on the store so I decided to try and loved it. Figured why by F6 when I have PC for racing on the tracks and F7 coming out the next year. Now I have both PC2 and F7 and both are good games and will be playing both. Really surprised how much I ended up liking PC and PC2 though. I have been having good luck with the wheel on both PC2 and F7. Funny thing is the reason I didn't by PC was it not working with a controller. On the free download it seemed to work decent but I did end up buying a wheel and so now not a big deal.

Montecristo1966
11-10-2017, 13:17
I almost wonder if you wait to long it kills the session. Mine was working good for the entire career then when I didn't play for a week and went back all gone. Surprised I don't see more on this on the web. Wondering if it's Xbox only as I'm thinking maybe there aren't a lot of Xbox One users for this game.

GenBrien
11-10-2017, 13:52
pretty sure I read the patch would go live at the same time for all plataforms.

if its released on PS4 and PC then its Microsoft's fault if its not released yet. I guess it'll be today or very soon this week

Killer Bob
11-10-2017, 13:55
theres a lot of xbone users, quite a few have given up till the patch arrives though. some have just given up totally, i know 3 personally that won't be back, pity but there ya go.

peace

marcoma
11-10-2017, 13:57
should hold to it till all plataforms are ready for release.

Goooner1
11-10-2017, 14:15
Why? What difference would that make? Us Xbox users still wouldn't get it any quicker and if the other two systems do, it still doesn't affect us.