PDA

View Full Version : Honda 2&4 concept - art imitates life

Trippul G
29-09-2017, 19:51
For anyone who's a fan or has paid attention to Formula One for the past few years, Honda's engine woes are well known.

Which is why I found it all at once amusing, appropriate, and sad that when I decided to take the Honda 2&4 concept out for a test run at Fuji, on only my second lap, I got a sheepish call from my engineer saying "uhhhh...there's a problem with the engine, we need you to come in"...and before I could get back to the pits, the big red message popped up saying "ENGINE BLOWN."

Fernando, I feel your pain...;):rolleyes:

Fanapryde
02-10-2017, 15:57
I gave the 2&4 a rather good 'spanking" today. It was the first time I used it and it is rather fun to drive (stock settings).
Nice playmate !:eagerness:
It looks good, feels good and what's more: I did not blow my engine (did about 15 laps at Donington).

Great little toy !

Trippul G
03-10-2017, 00:23
I gave the 2&4 a rather good 'spanking" today. It was the first time I used it and it is rather fun to drive (stock settings).
Nice playmate !:eagerness:
It looks good, feels good and what's more: I did not blow my engine (did about 15 laps at Donington).

Great little toy !

Personally I had a really hard time with it, on controller. Kept wanting to swap ends mid-corner, and if I wasn't super gentle with the throttle, I'd spin before I even got to mid corner lol.

Did some work on rollbars and diff settings, and got it at least to be manageable, but it's still a handful.

On a side note, with that sidecar style seating position and the Tron-looking HUD panel, cockpit view is the ONLY way to drive that thing!

Fanapryde
03-10-2017, 08:04
Personally I had a really hard time with it, on controller. Kept wanting to swap ends mid-corner, and if I wasn't super gentle with the throttle, I'd spin before I even got to mid corner lol.

Did some work on rollbars and diff settings, and got it at least to be manageable, but it's still a handful.

On a side note, with that sidecar style seating position and the Tron-looking HUD panel, cockpit view is the ONLY way to drive that thing!

It is playful yes, but I like the feel.
Must add that I am driving with a wheel and Heusinkveld Pro pedals. All pedals, including throttle work with load cells, which is why also the throttle is very secure and easy to feather if needed.
I can imagine a controller posing more problems with this nimble little car. :D

And yes, cockpit view IS the only decent view for sim racing... :eagerness: