PDA

View Full Version : Enjoying the game & T300RS suggestions

cawayne
29-09-2017, 21:27
I must say I am loving the game. It has some issues but all in all I think it's very playable. I have the T300RS wheel with excellent feedback and can really feel the sliding through the corners. There's plenty to be fixed but I am happy so far. I used to race a Subaru STI at tracks such as Laguna Seca and Sears Pt. (Infineon) here in northern CA and the sensation I get from the game is quite similar to the real thing. My biggest gripe is getting penalized for a couple of wheels off track, I hope they make some adjustments so it's similar to real life. Other than that for now all good :-)

porkovich
29-09-2017, 21:32
Mate can you share your ffb settings for the wheel ?

cawayne
29-09-2017, 21:47
No problem, here you go.

All deadzones 0
Steering sensitivity 60, all others 50
Damper saturation 60

FFB Informative
Gain 80
Volume 50
Tone 50
FX 50
Spring .50

I think that's about it. If there's another setting you're interested in let me know. Im not saying this is perfect but it gives me the feel I want and always interested in getting suggestions.

Have fun!

hkraft300
30-09-2017, 02:34
Is it just me, or is everyone reporting good ffb (thrust and logitech) all have settings of gain <90 and volume at 50 or less?

Starting the think the "bad ffb" reports are all just clipped out.
I'm sure Fanatec and stronger wheels can handle 100 gain.

Thanks for sharing your ffb settings cawayne.

Ian Bell
30-09-2017, 02:37
I must say I am loving the game. It has some issues but all in all I think it's very playable. I have the T300RS wheel with excellent feedback and can really feel the sliding through the corners. There's plenty to be fixed but I am happy so far. I used to race a Subaru STI at tracks such as Laguna Seca and Sears Pt. (Infineon) here in northern CA and the sensation I get from the game is quite similar to the real thing. My biggest gripe is getting penalized for a couple of wheels off track, I hope they make some adjustments so it's similar to real life. Other than that for now all good :-)

Good to hear Wayne. We're getting a LOT of positive real life comparisons from people who actually race the cars (thankfully).

On the cutting we made a call to allow half of your car over the white line and/or kerbing (intended to be used). There are a few sets of kerbs we've not properly tagged as 'legal' which we're collating now and we'll reduce the cut severity as a result.

rmboss
30-09-2017, 03:14
Im enjoying the game aswell - the cold tyres thing, the live track thing, the sorts of wheather’s, the way how every car react different for brakes, the way how the damage affect the driving, how the messages appears on screen, and on the top
of that Im realy enjoying the way that the FFB react when the car doing 200 mp/h

I love it all that and big hands up for the hard work !

Never said anything to acuse WMD for lazyness in all those - just the graphics on PS4 thats what kills all the emotions !

Ian Bell
30-09-2017, 03:23
Im enjoying the game aswell - the cold tyres thing, the live track thing, the sorts of wheather’s, the way how every car react different for brakes, the way how the damage affect the driving, how the messages appears on screen, and on the top
of that Im realy enjoying the way that the FFB react when the car doing 200 mp/h

I love it all that and big hands up for the hard work !

Never said anything to acuse WMD for lazyness in all those - just the graphics on PS4 thats what kills all the emotions !

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?53470-PS4-Screenshot-thread
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?50820-Project-CARS-2-Screenshots&p=1376290&viewfull=1#post1376290
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?50820-Project-CARS-2-Screenshots&p=1373917&viewfull=1#post1373917

Yup, it looks horrendous...

rmboss
30-09-2017, 03:52
Clearly that’s not what Im getting.

Im given up now cause every comments results in negative response.

Ian Bell
30-09-2017, 03:59
Clearly that’s not what Im getting.

Im given up now cause every comments results in negative response.

You're on the same hardware...

Awong124
30-09-2017, 04:22
Is it just me, or is everyone reporting good ffb (thrust and logitech) all have settings of gain <90 and volume at 50 or less?

I don't think it's clipping that's the issue. I think that high gain and volume simply makes the FFB too jarring. The T300 is plenty strong enough that it just feels better at lower levels because it's way too strong at high levels. The T300 at 100 gain feels like it constantly wants to jump out of my hands. The T300 is easily strong enough to cause injury if you're caught by surprise. Same couldn't be said for G25/27/29 though.

2k10gt
30-09-2017, 04:56
@cawayne, I'll piggyback and say thanks for posting your positive feedback. I've never raced in real life, but I really loved PC1, both the good and the bad, and happily pre-ordered the deluxe digital version. I'm a patient guy, and even though I've never posted here before this year, I haven't forgotten how much the SMS team put into the first game to get it tightened up. The same will happen here I think. The bugs will get sorted, and I'm so excited to see how PC2 will fill out over the next year.

What they've accomplished by combining a wonderful core driving experience with so much situational flexibility (track, season, weather, time of day, competition, etc.) is simply awesome. So much to play with here! If they can figure a way to smooth out some of the AI kinks, career mode racing will just be epic.

Fingers crossed that one of the DLC tracks is Mid-Ohio ... I used to regularly photograph (as an amateur) Rolex races there before the merger into the current IMSA series, and it's such a beautiful track that has plenty of technical challenges to push. I haven't made it back yet for a PWC race there, so it would be an absolute blast to race the GT3s there in the game.

I will *happily* give my hard-earned money to these guys over the bigger studios for really doing some innovative things, even if some of the edges are rough right now. The core game is just special, and it's going to get better.

Also, thanks for sharing your wheel settings, I'm also running the T300RS.

Cheers.
Chris

cawayne
30-09-2017, 06:43
Thanks Chris and mega Thanks to Ian Bell and his team. I just spent four hours with a fellow Brit racing at Willow Springs with various cars learning their personalities and had a blast. Our lap times got longer the more whisky we consumed :-) Happy Friday!

Vic Flange
30-09-2017, 06:59
Thanks Chris and mega Thanks to Ian Bell and his team. I just spent four hours with a fellow Brit racing at Willow Springs with various cars learning their personalities and had a blast. Our lap times got longer the more whisky we consumed :-) Happy Friday!
Ahh. You need to buy some driving whisky mate. :cool:

senna94f1
30-09-2017, 07:20
I run a ps4 with thrustmaster t300 RS and T150, and in order too have curb rumble yes I've found the holy grail
Gain 45 , 100 is far too strong
Volume 35
Tone 35
Fx 45
Menu Spring 50
It's as near as perfect for me , And I can only now appreciate what a great sim pc2 is, but note 20 hours trying to find suitable ffb ,and only 16 hours actually racing, I do miss jack spades settings from 1st game and probably prefer that as even default felt better,yes I know jack spade has done new ffb settings for pc2 , but I understood the pc1 ffb settings more and could tweak ffb settings for any side ways or front or rear ffb feel, just my personal preference, and it's the first time I've ever seen the CEO respond to other users on here and that's a huge plus ,keep up the great work as things can only get better.
And what has helped me is the ffb meters on race screen, I've paid great attention to the ffb graph watching and adjusting so ffb curb don't go into the red ,, no one has mentioned the 6ffb graphs before and that's the key to solving your ffb wheel problem,

F1ngers
30-09-2017, 07:34
I run a ps4 with thrustmaster t300 RS and T150, and in order too have curb rumble yes I've found the holy grail
Gain 45 , 100 is far too strong
Volume 35
Tone 35
Fx 45
Menu Spring 50
It's as near as perfect for me , And I can only now appreciate what a great sim pc2 is, but note 20 hours trying to find suitable ffb ,and only 16 hours actually racing, I do miss jack spades settings from 1st game and probably prefer that as even default felt better,yes I know jack spade has done new ffb settings for pc2 , but I understood the pc1 ffb settings more and could tweak ffb settings for any side ways or front or rear ffb feel, just my personal preference, and it's the first time I've ever seen the CEO respond to other users on here and that's a huge plus ,keep up the great work as things can only get better.
And what has helped me is the ffb meters on race screen, I've paid great attention to the ffb graph watching and adjusting so ffb curb don't go into the red ,, no one has mentioned the 6ffb graphs before and that's the key to solving your ffb wheel problem,

That’s interesting to read, can I ask what you set the FFB to: FFB Informative etc
Thanks

JoshTheGeologist
30-09-2017, 13:01

Can someone please explain to me what ffb clipping is?

hkraft300
30-09-2017, 13:24
Can someone please explain to me what ffb clipping is?

Overloading.
When the signal is too much for the wheel it gets capped (clipped).

cawayne
30-09-2017, 16:17
After reading some responses here and other posts I've played some more with my settings and can feel more of the rumble strip etc.

I've gone to Immersive
Gain 45
Volume 50
Tone 35
FX 45
Spring .5

One big mistake, I recalibrated my wheel again with this setting and it changed the whole feel of the wheel, very loose and had to crank the wheel round to get past the corner. I then remembered that when I first got the game and started trying to sort out my wheel that to calibrate it I would set Steering sensitivity to 0 then calibrate by only turning the wheel half rotation. I then set the steering sensitivity to whatever felt and looked right, currently at 70. The wheel feels great again.

There may possibly be some issue with calibration for this wheel but by only doing half rotation fixed it for me.