PDA

View Full Version : Xbox multi-player joining lag

NeonFlux
29-09-2017, 22:27
Really enjoying pcars2 so far but.... i ventured online for the first time tonight and when other people join the lag is horrendous. Its worse than pcars1 and pretty disappointing tbh.

Also if you go into the monitor option in the pitlane, when you go back out on track your HUD completely disappears.

FTW Leceur
29-09-2017, 23:31
Yeah it is worse than pc1 and i really hoped they would have fixed it. This issue killed pc1 for me

NeonFlux
29-09-2017, 23:42
Yeah it is worse than pc1 and i really hoped they would have fixed it. This issue killed pc1 for me

I learnt to live with it on pcars1 and I'm aware there was nothing to be done to fix it.... I really hope sms are able to do something about it this time round.

Pbucko
30-09-2017, 09:03
There is a answer to it, Dedicated Servers, pc is on them so why not console?

BSNismo
30-09-2017, 09:27
I learnt to live with it on pcars1 and I'm aware there was nothing to be done to fix it.... I really hope sms are able to do something about it this time round.
That's dissapointing if that's true and couldn't be fixed on the first. I didn't play the first online so just assumed this was something that needed patching on this one. I had it nearly every online session last night and it really effects my driving. Completely missing corners etc, when it was smooth though, the net code does allow close racing

NeonFlux
30-09-2017, 09:43
That's dissapointing if that's true and couldn't be fixed on the first. I didn't play the first online so just assumed this was something that needed patching on this one. I had it nearly every online session last night and it really effects my driving. Completely missing corners etc, when it was smooth though, the net code does allow close racing

I hope sms can fix it this time round but if not then I'll just have to get used to it to again lol.

NeonFlux
30-09-2017, 09:45
There is a answer to it, Dedicated Servers, pc is on them so why not console?

I have no idea but would interested if anyone has any info on this?

CXR PhilGDUK
30-09-2017, 11:31
On the PC version this never happens, its doesn't in PC2 and didn't in PC1 either... Now on the PC version you can't "voice chat" to each other, you have to type to each other in a little box... So calling SMS out on this really doesn't help anyone as their product works, just somewhere on console this is broken...

My theory is Microsoft and probably Sony as well force the use of chat functions in game thus probably the lag bit is you connecting to many people all at once via their in game chat. I don't know why a voice chat funtion is needed anyway, it would stop countless arguments if it was stripped and a text function was introduced like the PC.

This obviously doesn't help fix the problem, but hopefully people will understand a little more that its not SMS causing that lag, nor would they obviously want it there.

NeonFlux
30-09-2017, 16:32
On the PC version this never happens, its doesn't in PC2 and didn't in PC1 either... Now on the PC version you can't "voice chat" to each other, you have to type to each other in a little box... So calling SMS out on this really doesn't help anyone as their product works, just somewhere on console this is broken...

My theory is Microsoft and probably Sony as well force the use of chat functions in game thus probably the lag bit is you connecting to many people all at once via their in game chat. I don't know why a voice chat funtion is needed anyway, it would stop countless arguments if it was stripped and a text function was introduced like the PC.

This obviously doesn't help fix the problem, but hopefully people will understand a little more that its not SMS causing that lag, nor would they obviously want it there.

A logical explanation but it doesnt happen with other racing games so not sure if thats the reason. But as i said previously, if it can't be fixed then i'll learn to live with it as I did with pcars1.