PDA

View Full Version : Grip just stays the same for 7 laps when it rains [It doesn't]

kondor999
29-09-2017, 23:54
EDIT:

OK, I'm an idiot.

The problem was that I had the time compression set to 10x -60x and the track was drying out faster than the rain could come down.

So, the lesson? Use "Real Time" for overall time compression and "Sync to race" for the weather itself. I did that, and it worked perfectly. One of the best simracing experiences I've ever had, in fact.

OK, so here is the setup:

10 lap race at Donington National.
GT1 historics.
Time accel: tried everything from realtime to 60x (made no difference).
Weather: Med clouds -> Storm -> Storm -> Storm

So, the race starts and everyone's on slicks. It starts to rain *hard* about 3 laps in. But everyone stays out on slicks and the laptimes don't change much (especially mine - the AI does start braking way too early), even after it's been raining for 7 laps!

Slicks work just fine the whole time.

If I start this same race, but change the first weather slot to a rainy one, then the track starts out nice and slippery as it should. There's puddles and less grip in general. Trying to use slicks is appropriately suicidal.

So: What's going on? Surely it shouldn't take over 7 laps for the effects of heavy rain to be noticeable?

koly
30-09-2017, 00:00
strange, i will test it, how the game can have so many bugs, why do they release the game so early ?

Aldo Zampatti
30-09-2017, 00:06
I'll try your settings. I had a race yesterday in Formula Renault, started dry, by lap 3 It was raining, Lap 5 was undriveable on slicks

Lplate
30-09-2017, 00:14
Check your car setup is not on automatic by weather. or whatever its called.
In short races they will put on wets even if the first few laps are in the dry. The AI will too. This was my experience in short 5-7 lap races in gt3

Feentje
30-09-2017, 18:59
Yes, the AI starts on wet tires on short races when the weather is changing from dry to rain. I experienced the same while investigating the pitstop problems I am having with the pit crew not changing my tires in these short races with changing weather conditions from dry to rain.

kondor999
01-10-2017, 00:31
OK, I'm an idiot.

The problem was that I had the time compression set to 10x -60x and the track was drying out faster than the rain could come down.

So, the lesson? Use "Real Time" for overall time compression and "Sync to race" for the weather itself. I did that, and it worked perfectly. One of the best simracing experiences I've ever had, in fact.

Aldo Zampatti
01-10-2017, 03:42
Glad you're enjoying it